"15 SECONDS TO FAME" ENTRY
Have you got 15 seconds?
If you've got a great breakout funny character and can make us laugh in 15 seconds, you could win $5,000 towards creating a new 2 minute short with the one and only Nickelodeon Animation Development team. That's right, the people who brought you SpongeBob, Fairly OddParents, Back to the Barnyard and Penguins, want to make you a STAR!
Who needs 15 minutes... just give us 15 Seconds!
Send us 15 seconds of animation that showcases a breakout funny character that you think could be a centerpiece of a new Nickelodeon series. Content must be kid-friendly and pass our kid standards. That's it. Otherwise the sky's the limit!
The Nickelodeon Animation Festival is organized by Nickelodeon. The festival showcases the diversity of worldwide animation filmmaking and is the largest multiplatform animation festival in North America.
QUALIFICATION FOR ENTRIES:
- Any original animated short that is no longer than fifteen (15) seconds in length (including credits), created in any style, using any type of animation process, is eligible.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to be considered.
- You must own or hold all distribution and exhibition rights to your completed short and all the elements within, including all music.
- You may enter as many times as you like, but you need to complete a separate Entry Form for each short you enter.
- A completed entry form
You must print, sign and fax or mail a Festival Agreement upon entering online, send it to:Nickelodeon Animation Festival 2009
1515 Broadway, 38th Floor,
New York, NY 10036
Fax: (212) 846 -1988
We are accepting online screeners of shorts during the pre-selection process of the festival. Please follow the technical requirements below when submitting online screeners:
- File Container Format: .mov, .wmv, .avi, .mpg, .flv
- File Codecs: H.264, VC-1, WMV9, VP6, DivX, Sorenson 3, Xvid (Recommended)
- Video Size: 480x360
- Video Aspect Ratio: 4x3, 16x9 (Letterboxed)
- Bit Rate: 800 Kbps
- Uploaded shorts should not exceed 60 MB in size.
- NOTE: All final Nominees will be required to resubmit shorts on a format that adheres to the NTSC broadcast standard
For mail submission click here.
REGISTRATION AND DATES:
No registration fee is required.
For online submission:
- The entry form and short must be submitted online by 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on September 8, 2009.
For mail submission click here.
The Festival Director and Nickelodeon will select the shorts in competition and showcase. This is a contest of skill and talent. Decisions of the judges are final. Entries will be judged on subjective criteria including – but not limited to - originality, character design, and if your short is funny.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED...
Prize winners will be required to sign a "15 Seconds To Fame" Prize/Development Agreement, Affidavit of Eligibility, and a Tax Qualification form as a condition of receiving prizes above. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the prize winners.
Selections for Nominees into the festival will be chosen on or about September 25, 2009. At that time, if your short has been accepted as a Nominee into the festival we will contact you via email and/or phone. All Nominees will need to mail in their NTSC broadcast quality short by October 9, 2009 to qualify. Please follow the technical requirements below:
- Video: DigiBeta or DV tape is required. NTSC format is also required.
- Digital: Quicktime, uncompressed, with a video size of 720x486 pixels, Mac formatted, is preferred. Playable DVDs must be Region 1, Region 0, or All Region.
- Include separate sound tracks (if available) and full credits
- Note: Do not send masters. They will not be returned.
Additional materials required by October 9, 2009:
- Director's biography and director's photo (300 dpi)
- A minimum of 3 stills (300 dpi) from the short.
Invitations to the live event in Burbank are given to animators with shorts in competition. If a film is made by several directors, only one of the directors will be entitled to this hospitality. The invitation is intended solely for use by the director. The invitation is not transferable under any circumstances.
Each entry is considered for a prize of $5,000 to create a new 2 minute short with the Nickelodeon Animation Development team. The Nickelodeon Development team will provide the additional budget and production support to complete the full two-minute short.