YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Blasting Jelly Blues [A One-Shot]

Date: 05/11/12 11:13 AM

Blasting Jelly Blues
[A One-Shot]

What if Toph had been with the Gaang when they met the freedom fighters? What would have been different?
.............................................._._............................................

Longshot lit the end of the arrow and waited for the signal. He was startled when he heard a voice behind him. "Why would you do that?" She asked. Longshot lowered his bow and turned to her. "To kill all those inoccent people just to get rid of a few soilders? Is it really worth it?" She leaned against the trunk of the tree. Longshot

looked down at his feet from where he stood on the branch. "Why don't you speak? Is it because you can't or you choose not to?" Toph asked. Longshot didn't reply. "It's because you choose not to I exspect." Toph idly twirled a stick inbetween her fingers. "You seem very wise. I wouldn't think that you would do something like this. But

it's because of Jet isn't it? You trust him because he helped you when no one would. You felt helpless. You still feel helpless." Toph continued to mess with the stick. "Now don't get mad." Toph said when his heart rate started to

beat faster. "I know how you felt. I used to feel helpless." Toph sighed and threw the stick to the side. It fell to the forest floor. "That was before I could earthbend. Before I could see." She twiddled her thumbs. "I know your confused now. Cause you don't know." Toph lifted her

bangs to show her milky eyes. "I'm blind as a wolfbat." She felt Longshot's heart speed up again in surprise. "Didn't realize did you?" She smirked. "I learned earthbending from badger moles. They helped me see. I see from vibrations." Toph stood up. "But just because they taught

me and helped me doesn't mean I would listen to them all the time. I made my own choices. Made them really mad but thats irrelevant. Really, don't anger a badgermole." Toph chuckled. "Make your own choices. You don't have

to listen to Jet just cause your friends. It's corny, but listen to your heart." Toph stood up and brushed herself off. Right then a whistle sounded through the forest. "I'm not going to stop you if you decide to shoot that arrow, I'm

just telling you to think first." Toph jumped off the tree limb onto a rock piller she made. She vanished from sight. Longshot aimed again for the blasting jelly. But stopped and lowered his bow. He really didn't want to be a murderer. He was glad to have talked to Toph. Er...Listened.
........................................._._..................................................
That has been my lastest oneshot. Tell me if its horrible. If you can....Tell me gently.

Beaky

152 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 09/11/13 8:13 AM

You are very welcome! And same here, keeping this alive...

|~By The Way~|

Date: 08/27/13 9:54 PM

Once my finger gets better I'll start posting again. I'm have trouble typing right now. Thanks for waiting!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 08/13/13 12:51 PM

Ooooh, that was good one! Lots of feels! Honestly, this is one of the best stories on the boards. Well, obviously. I don't read the other ones... XD

-X-By The Way-X-
Cogito, ergo sum.

Date: 08/12/13 9:50 PM

Blasting Jelly Blues

The Aftermath

Chapter Five

"What is that?" Smellerbee asked in horror as Longshot rode up on an ostrich horse. " Our transportation." He replied. "You spent our money on that?! Smellerbee screeched. They were on a side street in Gaoling.

"You were the one complaining your feet were sore." Longshot smirked. "I'd rather walk than get on that thing!" Smellerbee crossed her arms and turned away. "Come on! Riding is fun!" Longshot hopped down.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards the animal. "Champ is very nice!" He smiled. "You named it?" Smellerbee exclaimed. He nodded. "Now come on, I got us a room in a tavern." Longshot hopped onto Champ. Smellerbee still refused. Longshot narrowed his eyes. "Unless your scared..." He snickered.

"What? I'm not scared!" Smellerbee squared her shoulders and struggled to climb onto Champ. Longshot sighed and slipped off the animal. He grabbed Smellerbee around the middle and hefted her up. She landed with a jolt.

"Wow your heavy." Longshot chuckled. Smellerbee growled menacingly. He climbed onto Champ in front of her. "Whatever. Let's just go. I'm tired." She mumbled.

A few minutes later they arrived at the tavern and were shown to their room. "Ugh!" Smellerbee flopped face down on one of the beds. "That thing is mocking me!" She got up and glared at the ostrich horse out the window.

It looked up from the street and returned her harsh glance. "See!" She pointed at the window. Longshot ignored her. He sat on the other bed inspecting his bow and arrows. Smellerbee gave up and returned to her bed. "Your impossible." She sighed. A corner of Longshot's mouth turned up. The room lapsed into a comfortable silence.

A while later someone knocked on the door. "I'll get it." Smellerbee said. She opened the door and gasped, stumbling backwards. Longshot instantly had an arrow drawn and pointed at the doorway. A figure stepped in.

"Jet." Smellerbee said. "Guys! It's been so long!" Jet started towards them. "Yeah." Smellerbee said. She stepped closer to Longshot. "What's wrong?" Jet asked. "You banished us." Smellerbee continued backing up towards Longshot. "I've changed now. I really regret doing that!" Jet said. Longshot glared at him suspiously. Smellerbee retreated until she was behind Longshot.

He still didn't lower his bow. "Guys...Come on...I made a mistake!" Jet pleaded. Longshot turned his head and looked at Smellerbee. "Get your things." He said.

She nodded and began packing quickly. "Your not really...Okay, I get it. Your mad. But I can explain-" Smellerbee cut him off. "There's nothing to explain Jet! You betrayed us! Your crazy and we don't want anything to do with you anymore!" Smellerbee pulled a pack on her shoulders.

"Let's go." Longshot said. Smellerbee nodded. They slowly slid by Jet, Longshot's arrow trained on him all the time. "Guys! Please! I know I was wrong! Please!" He followed them out of the tavern.

"You don't get it Jet! And you never will. Just leave us alone!" Smellerbee glowered at him. Longshot finally lowered his bow to untie Champ from the hitching post. The duo climbed onto the animal and rode off. Jet collasped to his knees in the street.

Smellerbee and Longshot were gone.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/31/13 2:32 PM

Simply stupendous, Beaky! I love this story, and am so glad you didn't just leave it a one-shot.

Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 07/31/13 12:30 PM

This was fantastic! Who's next, I wonder...?

-X-By The Way-X-
Cogito, ergo sum.

Date: 07/31/13 12:20 AM

Thanks! I'm very glad you like my story!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/28/13 4:15 PM

You're back! Wow, that last chapter just reminded me how much I like this fic. It should be in that one thingy that the one person made with the rounds and such.
I don't get how I can like it when it's sad...but it's just got it!

-I find it funny that people said, It's the devil's music don't let it in your head, Well it's in my head once I get out of bed, Cause I won't take that anymore (Part of a song that I made this morning. No name yet)

Date: 07/28/13 11:47 AM

Blasting Jelly Blues

The Aftermath

Chapter Four

Jet sighed. Things weren't the same anymore. They would never be the same again. "How had I survived without the others?" He wondered aloud.

All Jet knew was that the time before the Freedom Fighters had not been fun. And it certainly wasn't now. He continued walking on the path. A city Jet had been to a few times wasn't far ahead.

Jet hoped to find a new start there. Hopefully a nice job and a place to live. Something made him stop though. It was an arrow. Jet's eyes widened. It wasn't just any arrow. It was Longshot's.

Jet kneeled down and picked it up. The end was broken. That was probably why Longshot had discarded it. Jet breathed in sharply.

That meant Longshot had been here. And recently. "Why would they be in Gaoling?" Jet asked himself. Jet thought back to a couple of years before.

Flashback

"I've been to Gaoling before. It's a nice place." Smellerbee said to Jet. "Yeah. The earth rumbles are very fun." Jet nodded, chewing the piece of wheat in his mouth.

Longshot said nothing, disintrested in the conversation. "I've always wanted to go back some day."

Smellerbee unsheathed her dagger at the sound of a person approaching. They stopped talking and concentrated on the target.

End of Flashback

"Smellerbee must be with him!" Jet exclaimed. He stood up quickly. "Maybe I could catch up with them!" Jet set off at a brisk place.

Then Jet stopped. Why would they want to talk to him. He had been such a jerk. Jet brushed away those thoughts. He would apoligze and then everything would be alright. Hopefully. Maybe.

Jet was gone.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/27/13 12:29 AM

Beaky,

I have only seen TNG and Voyager. My favorite characters in Voyager are The Doctor and Seven of Nine. In TNG, I guess I like Wesley.

And my favorite alien race is the Q. Q is so funny!

~MBAVFan

Date: 07/19/13 10:58 AM

Star Trek is the best ever! Spock is my favourite charater! (I think I'm really part Vulcan!)

The Next Generation is good too!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 07/13/13 1:09 AM

Beaky,

You like Star Trek? Me too. My dad and I watched Star Trek: Voyager and now we're watching Star Trek: The Next Generation

~MBAVFan

"Thank you, Lieutenant Brocoli!" - Captain Picard, ST:TNG

Date: 07/06/13 10:57 AM

I've been sooooooo busy! But hopefully I can post soon! Thanks for everything guys!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 06/20/13 11:44 PM

Bball: Tennis is so much fun! I'm awful at it, but I still love it.

Way: Unfortunately, most shows I watch are pretty mainstream. Like How I Met Your Mother, Psych, The Office, and so on... It's sad actually, lol.

Post soon, Beaky!

-X-MadTay

Date: 06/20/13 1:10 PM

Madtay:

Really? The Office? The most mainstream show I watch is Army Wives. Haha, don't feel too bad, I'm just teasing!

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!

Date: 06/19/13 4:06 PM

I just read all of this! And I did not stop at all because I loved it! It's so good! Oh, and maybe you saw my friend at Cancun, she went. We played tennis when she got back. Anyways, Amazing! I can't wait for the next chapter, although someone is probably gonna leave. It's funny each chapter is such a bitter-sweet feeling. The chapter comes but someone leaves

-I've got two tickets to paradise. Won't you pack your bags, we'll leave tonight. I've got two tickets to paradise ("Two Tickets to Paradise" by Eddie Money)

Date: 06/18/13 1:11 PM

I also put all my little pencils inside a little sock. -_-

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!

Date: 06/18/13 11:17 AM

That is something I would totally do The Way. Just a few weeks ago I sharpened a bunch of colored pencils....And then had to resharped quite a few of them after I dropped then and broke the points.....Wow I'm so graceful.

Thanks for keeping my story alive. You guys rock! And I'll have some new chapters up soon!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 06/18/13 12:38 AM

I don't have a life either! I watched 4 seasons of the Office in about a month and a half. Soooooo yeah.

-X-MadTay

Date: 06/16/13 4:41 PM

Yeees, Cancun is in Mexico... All the Texans with a life flock to there for the summer. I have no life. I had time to sharpen all my 31 pastel colored pencils, then create labels for them, then choose a specific name to write on the labels depending on what I would use them for. (Example: Meadow, leaves, moss, grass.) -_-

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!