YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Patience is a Good Virtue

Date: 10/10/12 8:56 PM

Patience is a Good Virture

.....................Chapter One.......................

"Yang-Chen, come on!" Otoha pointed to her glider. The other girls were making gestures as to hurry me. "I'll be there is a moment!" I called back. I hurriedly grabbed my glider from the bedroom I shared with Otoha and Hoku. I held my skirt up so I could run faster. One of the older nuns glared at me. "Shame! Being so immodest!" She called after me. shaking her finger. I giggled slightly. I reached the other girls. "FINALLY! Yang-Chen you took forever! " Chouko whined. She was the most impatient and hyper out of the group. She was also several years younger than us. She was in our lessons though because she progressed so fast in her training. There were rumors she was the Avatar because she was so gifted. "Patience is a good virture." Ai remarked. "Don't start acting all wise when your just 14!" Chouko replied. "Don't be so unkind to your elders!" Ai had a mock stern look on her face. "Your hardly my elder. Your only five years older than me!" Chouko said bitingly. "But I, am your elder." An extremely stern voice said behind us. Chouko froze and turned around slowly. It was Nun Yan. She was one of the oldest female monks and the one who had scolded me earlier. "You must be respectful of anyone. Espeically your elders. Wether they are five years older, or fifty." Her face was still stern but her eyes had softened. "And you," She turned to Ai," must not abuse that fact your an elder to her." Yan walked away. "Well, I don't care what she says. I'm 15, so that means I'm an elder to all of you!" Otoha said smugly as soon as Yan was out of earshot. "Oh Otoha, always the bossy one." I snickered. "Hey, don't disrespect your elder! Little miss 14 year old." Otoha snapped back. The rest of us snickered and snapped open our gliders. We hopped off the side of the temple and glided away. After we had finished our gliding we found a small hillside to lounge on. "We are going to get in soooo much trouble when we get back aren't we?" Jang-Min asked. "Yup." Hoku replied. The resemblance between the two thirteen years olds was amazing. They looked more like sisters than cousins. Otoha and Ai had spread out a small blanket and was setting some fruit and sweets on it. She also had a jug of cold goat-cow milk. Ai fingered her freshly shaven forehead. "It's strange to feel it shaven there. I got so used to my hair being there." She nibbled on a piece of fruit. Ai had recently gone through an illness where she didn't shave her forehead for a long time. "I guess it would when you get used to something." I replied. I grabbed a pastry and started to eat. The others soon followed. After all the snacks had been eaten, and drinks had been drunk, we decided to head back to the temple. Yan's face was very red, but Monk Te-Leng distracted her for us. He winked as we walked by. Everyone knew Yan liked Monk Te-Leng. My little cousin Yen came up to us and grasped my hand. "Take me next time you go somewhere!" The 11 year old pleaded. "Yes! She should come!" Chouko stuck up for her bestfriend. "Weeeellllll.....Maybe." I said. We all parted after that, most going to train. That night Otoha, Hoku, and I were chatting before bed. "I predict that I get my Arrows at age 20." Otoha declared. "The youngest anyone has ever been is 23. Meifeng is the one who set the record." Hoku replied. "I miss Meifeng. She was always laughing and jokeing." I sighed. "I can't believe she moved to the Eastern Air Temple. When she said she wanted a change of scenery she really meant it!" Otoha chuckled "I still miss her though." Hoku slipped into bed. "Me too." I agreed. "Goodnight." Otoha whispered. "Goodnight." Hoku and I said together.
"Huo come on! You need to learn this technique!" The earthbender glared at his student. "I really don't feel like it Sifu!" The young man groaned. "You will learn the move now!" The burly earthbender stomped his foot and Huo flew a few feet into the air. "Alright alright Sifu." Huo chuckled.
I opened my eyes. It was the wee hours of the morning. 'What was I dreaming about?' I wondered.

I hope you like it!!! This is my new story! It's different so I think it'll be refreshing to read. It's very refreshing to write. Also, Avatar Yang-Chen is pretty much a clean slate, so I can really mould her and form her. Please reply!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

95 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/07/14 9:52 PM

Okay! YAY! The wedding is over! (It was such an ordeal!) And my mom just had her birthday and so finally I've got some free time. I'm still having trouble with writers block on this story. I don't know why. It's not as bad as it was though, I was able to write a little bit. Hopefully I'll have a chapter up soon! :)

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 03/12/14 12:22 AM

Weddings are insanely stressful! I don't get it, lol.

As for writer's block, I have a few recommendations. Try listening to music when you're writing, I find that some lyrics really speak to me. Classical can be helpful too.

Sometimes reading other books or watching movies can also help. Like, the Dark Knight trilogy actually inspired a large portion of White Blank Page.

You can also try watching some ATLA! That helps a lot too.

Hope you find my tips at least somewhat helpful! Oh, and good luck with the wedding!

-MadTay

Date: 03/11/14 7:01 PM

@beaky
first of all..I LOVE PENGUINS TOO!!!! :) if u ever saw my signature before u would know that

also I have never read THIS fan fic (I have read ur other's though and posted on there so no worries not a silent reader lol trust me NOT a silent reader )
so I may not be much help for ur writers block but I got a couple ideas

1.(for this case of writers block u dont know how to write whats going to happen) so first u should probably imagine the scene ever little detail and put it into words (thats how I think of it anyways..)

2.(this case ur kinda stuck on wat to write) well imagine a lil mini story that could happen with the caracters first so u could get ur brain working (just guessing) and then something should pop up on what should happen next

IM NOT MUCH HELP AM I?? oh well :P

sErEen ThE PeNgUiN STEALER of other peoples siggies {A.K.A Luigi}

~This weeks: (undecided it could be you..DUN DUN DUNN

Date: 03/11/14 11:37 AM

Hi!

So, if you have noticed I've posted on all my other stories. I've finally gotten to where I can write again for the most part. Though it might be two weeks or so before I can post because my aunt is getting married and.......Yeah stuff is getting crazy at my house. She called my mom last night at eleven wondering all this random stuff about the wedding and.......It's going to be mayhem around here because all these people are coming to stay with us. Getting off topic here...Anyways I've been able to finally write chapters for my other three stories but for some reason when I try to right for this story I come up blank. I could really use some tips on how to get rid of writer's block!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Finally my life calms down and then it's get crazy again because of a wedding.......I'm not having a wedding....I'll just elope and be done with it....So much stress is involved in planning....Not gonna do that! :P

Date: 02/17/14 10:11 PM

I'm having a bit of writer's block on this. I know I keep making excuses for not posting. But I seriously have been trying to write a chapter for this story for a long time and I'm having issues. Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of writer's block?

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 01/28/14 7:26 PM

I'll post a new chapter soon.

Beaky

Date: 01/03/14 2:33 PM

Beaky,

Huh. That's pretty simple!!

By The Way~<3

Date: 01/01/14 11:47 PM

I chose 94beaker64 because I like penguins. And that's it. There's no cool story or anything. I wish there was, but it's just 'cuz I like penguins.

So yup.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Happy New Year!

Date: 12/12/13 2:35 PM

I never asked you, Beaky. What is the story behind 94beaker64? Why did you choose that NICKname? Of course, you have your new one, and obviously it's because you like Maximum Ride...

|-bY tHe wAy-|

The Way's Birthday Countdown: 1 DAY REMAINING

Date: 12/11/13 10:01 PM

The chapter is almost done. I'm sorry for the wait.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 11/30/13 11:33 PM

Great chapter, Beaky! I'm kind of in love with this story. . .

Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 11/13/13 12:03 PM

The next chapter is on the way!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 10/21/13 2:44 PM

Oh. My. Gosh. AWESOME CHAPTER! Yang-Chen is pretty amazing. No offense to Aang, but she's much better than Aang.

?By The Way

Date: 10/21/13 1:18 PM

No one is reading? Sad face! :'(

Beaky

Smellershot

Date: 10/09/13 1:24 PM

Chapter Nine

'Of course I have to go and get captured. I'm only the worst Avatar ever.' Yang-Chen looked around the cell. They were smart.

It was completely metal and air tight. "Don't even think about it." The guard noticed her eyeing the walls. 'I can't believe I'm going to do this. I guess I have no choice.' She closed her eyes and focused. Yang-Chen summoned all the power she could.

Her eyes and tattoos glowed. "Hey-" The guard stopped talking. He akwardly walked towards the cell and unlocked the door.

He stumbled in and cut her free from the bindings. Yang-Chen stopped glowing and knocked him out. "I hate blood bending..." She shivered slightly.

............................................................................................

"Where's Yang-Chen?" Otoha wondered. "I don't know, she was supposed to be here a few hours ago." Hoku shrugged. "She must have been delayed." Jang-Min sipped some tea.

"Well she better get here soon. It's starting to get dark." Otoha turned back to the Pai Sho game she was playing with Hoku. "It'll be good to see her after all these years!" Hoku moved a lotus tile.

"I wonder if she'll be different." Otoha frowned at the table. She was losing. "I'm sure she's changed. But I'm also sure she's still the same." Jang-Min looked at her two friends. "You always say the strangest things." Otoha shook her head.

.......................................................................................

Yang-Chen ducked into an empty room when she heard pounding footsteps. "THE AVATAR HAS ESCAPED!" Someone shouted.

"FIND HER!" A deep voice roared. Yang-Chen waited for silence then resumed her searching. 'There must be a way out.' Yang-Chen hurried down the corridor.

She bumped into a tall woman. "I FOUND-" Yang-Chen knocked her out. "SHE'S OVER THERE!" A man shouted. 'Of course some had to hear her!' Yang-Chen flat out ran, no need to be silent now. "Yes!" Yang-Chen saw a light ahead.

Sure enough it was a door. She dived out the door and was glad to see a flat icy plan in front of her. She propelled herself with airbending.

Running literally faster than the wind. But she was wasn't the only one who could do that. Yang-Chen heard a a change in the wind patterns behind her and groaned. She'd forgotten about Ai.

.............................................................................................

Who says Hama invented blood bending? It could've been around for a long time. She just invented her own way. I like Yang-Chen's way even better. CREEPY MIND BENDING! It's kinda how that guy on Legend of Korra blood bended. But better since it's Yang-Chen.

I hope you liked it!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 08/23/13 10:38 AM

Oh no! How'd you do that? That sounds pretty terrible. I'm still recovering from a knee surgery I underwent last month, so I kinda know where you're coming from. But I at least was able to use both hands...

Like Way said (sorta lol) eat a bunch of ice cream! Ice cream makes everything better. I really do hope your finger starts healing soon and that you start feeling better, Beaky!

-MadTay
(Writer and Kataang402's Avatar Science Sister)

Date: 08/22/13 2:57 PM

Ah! Are you okay? How did it happen? Left or right hand? Do you need some ice cream? Why is the sky blue?

║By The Way║
More catsup for my potatoes! <3

Date: 08/21/13 10:40 PM

Hey guys. I'll update as soon as I can. The problem is, I've broken my finger. It's much harder than I thought to type with one hand. Sorry!

Curse broken bones!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/31/13 2:23 PM

Oh wow... I absolutely cannot wait for this to continue!

-MadTay

Date: 07/31/13 12:27 PM

0_0 Wow, that was intense. Ai is going bad! And I look forward to that, actually, I want to see what will happen next. The link between "Otcha looked up." and " 'Why does no one tell me things anymore?' " was a little rough, though. But that aside, still an amazing chapter, and I really enjoy this story a lot.

-X-By The Way-X-
Cogito, ergo sum.