YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Patience is a Good Virtue

Date: 10/10/12 8:56 PM

Patience is a Good Virture

.....................Chapter One.......................

"Yang-Chen, come on!" Otoha pointed to her glider. The other girls were making gestures as to hurry me. "I'll be there is a moment!" I called back. I hurriedly grabbed my glider from the bedroom I shared with Otoha and Hoku. I held my skirt up so I could run faster. One of the older nuns glared at me. "Shame! Being so immodest!" She called after me. shaking her finger. I giggled slightly. I reached the other girls. "FINALLY! Yang-Chen you took forever! " Chouko whined. She was the most impatient and hyper out of the group. She was also several years younger than us. She was in our lessons though because she progressed so fast in her training. There were rumors she was the Avatar because she was so gifted. "Patience is a good virture." Ai remarked. "Don't start acting all wise when your just 14!" Chouko replied. "Don't be so unkind to your elders!" Ai had a mock stern look on her face. "Your hardly my elder. Your only five years older than me!" Chouko said bitingly. "But I, am your elder." An extremely stern voice said behind us. Chouko froze and turned around slowly. It was Nun Yan. She was one of the oldest female monks and the one who had scolded me earlier. "You must be respectful of anyone. Espeically your elders. Wether they are five years older, or fifty." Her face was still stern but her eyes had softened. "And you," She turned to Ai," must not abuse that fact your an elder to her." Yan walked away. "Well, I don't care what she says. I'm 15, so that means I'm an elder to all of you!" Otoha said smugly as soon as Yan was out of earshot. "Oh Otoha, always the bossy one." I snickered. "Hey, don't disrespect your elder! Little miss 14 year old." Otoha snapped back. The rest of us snickered and snapped open our gliders. We hopped off the side of the temple and glided away. After we had finished our gliding we found a small hillside to lounge on. "We are going to get in soooo much trouble when we get back aren't we?" Jang-Min asked. "Yup." Hoku replied. The resemblance between the two thirteen years olds was amazing. They looked more like sisters than cousins. Otoha and Ai had spread out a small blanket and was setting some fruit and sweets on it. She also had a jug of cold goat-cow milk. Ai fingered her freshly shaven forehead. "It's strange to feel it shaven there. I got so used to my hair being there." She nibbled on a piece of fruit. Ai had recently gone through an illness where she didn't shave her forehead for a long time. "I guess it would when you get used to something." I replied. I grabbed a pastry and started to eat. The others soon followed. After all the snacks had been eaten, and drinks had been drunk, we decided to head back to the temple. Yan's face was very red, but Monk Te-Leng distracted her for us. He winked as we walked by. Everyone knew Yan liked Monk Te-Leng. My little cousin Yen came up to us and grasped my hand. "Take me next time you go somewhere!" The 11 year old pleaded. "Yes! She should come!" Chouko stuck up for her bestfriend. "Weeeellllll.....Maybe." I said. We all parted after that, most going to train. That night Otoha, Hoku, and I were chatting before bed. "I predict that I get my Arrows at age 20." Otoha declared. "The youngest anyone has ever been is 23. Meifeng is the one who set the record." Hoku replied. "I miss Meifeng. She was always laughing and jokeing." I sighed. "I can't believe she moved to the Eastern Air Temple. When she said she wanted a change of scenery she really meant it!" Otoha chuckled "I still miss her though." Hoku slipped into bed. "Me too." I agreed. "Goodnight." Otoha whispered. "Goodnight." Hoku and I said together.
"Huo come on! You need to learn this technique!" The earthbender glared at his student. "I really don't feel like it Sifu!" The young man groaned. "You will learn the move now!" The burly earthbender stomped his foot and Huo flew a few feet into the air. "Alright alright Sifu." Huo chuckled.
I opened my eyes. It was the wee hours of the morning. 'What was I dreaming about?' I wondered.

I hope you like it!!! This is my new story! It's different so I think it'll be refreshing to read. It's very refreshing to write. Also, Avatar Yang-Chen is pretty much a clean slate, so I can really mould her and form her. Please reply!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

95 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/31/13 12:19 AM

Hellooooo? Is anyone reading?

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/28/13 12:32 PM

Chapter Eight

'So this it what it's going to be like from now on? Listening at doors all the time?' I thought as I strained to hear Otoha and Hoku talking. Lately I'd taken up the habit of eavesdropping.

I wasn't proud of it. It went against everything airbenders stood for, but it was the only way I could find out what my friends thought about me. 'Isn't that sad? My own friends don't even-' I cleared my head of my thoughts. They were only distracting me.

"She's gone! She's just gone!" Hoku whispered franticly. "What do you mean gone?" Otoha said in a deathly serious voice. My heart sped up. Otoha was never serious. "Yes, I went to her room because one of the Nuns asked for her and she was gone! Not there!"

Hoku sounded close to tears. "She may be-" Otoha started. "No! Her things are gone too!" Hoku was nearing hysterics. I narrowed my eyes. "This has gone on long enough!" I stomped in. "What?" Otoha looked up

. "Why does no one tell me anything anymore?" I crossed my arms. "What do you mean? We tell you things!" Hoku said wringing her hands. "Not like you used to! You didn't come to me about Ai.

Or when you and Anuhea had a disagreement about your room or anything!" I glared at them. "Your training so much now, we thought you needed to focus on your Avatar duties and-" Otoha cut Hoku off.

"Wait a moment. How do you even know about all these things?" Otoha looked suspicous. "Have you been spying on us?" She gasped. "No!" I replied.

"Yes you have! You've been spying on us!" Otoha glared at me. "We don't have time for this! Who's gone?" I turned to Hoku. "Ai. Ai is gone!" Hoku burst into tears. "No."

...............................End of Flashbacks....................................

"Together we'll take over the world. Now that we have the avatar we can do anything!" The man said. Ai looked into the eyes of the most feared man in the world and smiled. "Yes. We can do anything."

Now the real story begins.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 07/24/13 1:06 PM

Take all the time you need!

-X-By The Way-X-
Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will! ~Anywhere I Roam, Metallica

Date: 07/19/13 10:54 AM

Sorry it's taking me so long! I am the worst! *Hangs head in shame*

I'll post next week! I promise!

*Everyone boos*

Sorry!!!!!!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 07/16/13 5:14 PM

Post soon, Beaky! : )

-MadTay

Date: 07/06/13 10:54 AM

Thanks for the support guys! And I'll post soon. I've been soooo busy this summer it's not even funny. I've got some free time coming up though so I'm planning to post then.

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 07/02/13 11:58 AM

Post soon!

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!

Date: 06/19/13 5:18 PM

Just caught up! It's good, I want it to stay up too. One thing is on my mind, When I see Ai I think of Allen Iverson. This is very intense although it's with airbenders and no intense scenes have taken place, it's a weird feeling.And I like it

-"We talking about PRACTICE! Not the game. Not the game. PRACTICE!" (Allen Iverson)

Date: 06/18/13 10:42 AM

Thanks so much for keeping my story alive! I am soooooooooo grateful! I'll have some new chapters up soon! Thanks for everything guys!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 06/18/13 12:33 AM

Stargirls is a great book!

-X-MadTay

Date: 06/16/13 4:43 PM

So be it, friend no more, just a few pieces, to prepare for war! I think those are the lyrics, any'way'... I know it's a Metallica song...

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!

Date: 06/14/13 1:33 PM

I like Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli.

-X-By The Way-X-
bas the ordinary!

Date: 06/12/13 1:17 PM

Secretly, you can't get enough, and now you can't even call your own bluffs, the Devil's at your level and you can't be born anew! That's part of a song I'm writing!

~By The Way

Date: 06/11/13 1:46 PM

I hope Ai gets better soon...

||-tHe wAy-||

Keeping this topic alive while Beaky's away...

Date: 06/10/13 1:22 PM

Keeping this topic alive while Beaky's away...

||-tHe wAy-||

Date: 06/10/13 1:13 PM

The story shall stay alive! :]

-MadTay

Date: 06/08/13 7:00 PM

Hopefully the vacation I'm going on will give me some ideas for writing.

That brings us to the subject of :I WILL BE GONE FOR A WEEK. Which means: I DON'T WANT MY STORY TO DISAPPEAR AND SO THAT'S WHY I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPS BUT I REALIZE IT MAKES IT SEEM AS IF I AM YELLING SO I'LL STOP NOW...

What I'm asking is that you guys keep my story alive. I'd be so grateful! And if I can find a computer with internet where I'm going I'll be sure to post something.

Thanks again! You guys are the best!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

{Forever a Trekkie}

Date: 06/02/13 3:59 PM

I have faith in you, Beaky! Besides, the demon Writer's Block leaves once it is overpowered by inspiration. *jazz hands*

||-tHe wAy-||

Date: 06/01/13 2:31 PM

Hey guys. I'm trying to get that chapter done! Don't give up on me! Have faith!

Beaky

Smellershot <3

Date: 05/23/13 1:14 PM

Oh no, not Writer's Block! I swear to Avatar Korra, Writer's Block is a demon. =_=

Hopefully you'll recover soon.

||-tHe wAy-||