YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
White Blank Page

Date: 10/12/12 6:35 PM

Well, hello!
I'm MadTay, and I used to post on here with my sister a few years ago but we got busy with school and all that, but I'm back! Haha, and this story is about a character I made up named Natanie, but it will include the Avatar characters we all know and love too.
I'll post the first chapters soon, the very first one is just Natanie's back story so the second chapter will be when the story itself starts. I hope I get some readers and that you all enjoy it!
Thanks,
-MadTay
   841 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 03/15/14 12:48 PM

Oh my Granger! Great chapters Maddie!! :D

|~:|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|:~|
*~A heart with a musical beat<33
~We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun! ~Peeves in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Date: 03/15/14 11:02 AM

Whoa.. that was an AWESOME chapter Madtay!!!

~Luna**

Date: 03/15/14 9:13 AM

Amazing new chapter!!!!

Date: 03/15/14 1:49 AM

Chapter 9: Flaws
Part 2

"That's pretty awful, man, but I think we should focus on stopping the rebellion first. Right now, your crazy sister is the least of our worries." Sokka insisted.
I looked at Zuko, and then it hit me: Azula was the rebellion.
"You don't understand, Sokka. They found a stack of letters, among other things, that proved Azula is leading the rebellion," responded Zuko.
A moment later, Toph seemed to snap out of some kind of trance. "The Dai Li!"
"What about them?" said Zuko, impatiently.

The Dai Li? Where had I heard about them before? I thought for a minute, and then remembered: they were the agents who helped keep order in Ba Sing Se during the war.

"Did Azula ever officially relinquish her control over them?" asked Toph, ignoring Zuko's tone.
"I'm not really sure, but I don't get wh-" and then Zuko seemed to have the same revelation as Toph.
No one else, myself included, understood what they were getting at. What did a group of earthbenders have to do with the rebellion?
Upon noticing our confusion, Toph explained: "The Dai Li has the ability to hypnotize people into doing their bidding, Azula is probably using them to recruit her own little army! And I sensed some of them during our battle yesterday, the way they fought anyway. I didn't think anything of it though, I just figured other earthbenders were taught the same techniques."

Hypnotism? That means Tosh really could be brainwashed right now, I thought. That meant I had to find him, to rescue him, regardless of the risks. At the sound of crumpling paper, I was brought back to attention. Zuko had balled up the letter, then he threw it on the ground and stormed away.
"I'll go talk to him," said Katara. But I touched her shoulder to stop her. "Let me," I told her, and walked after Zuko.

I found him sitting on his knees and staring at the ground, out of sight of the group. I wasn't sure if he heard me or not, so I slowly began to approach him. "What?" he said. He didn't sound angry, just tired. Defeated.
"I just wanna make sure you're okay."
He turned around when he realized it was me, and changed into a cross-legged position. I sat down, too, copying his position. "No, I'm not okay," he replied. "It's bad enough that Azula escaped, but she's also leading the rebellion that's about to start another war. If I can't control my own family, how can I lead a nation and help bring peace to the world? I've failed as a brother, and I've failed as Fire Lord."
"Zuko, you haven't failed, you-"
"Yes I have! I feel like I was thrusted upon this thrown that I wasn't sure I was even worthy of to start with- which clearly I'm not, I've been struggling to remain steady, to keep my balance this whole time, and now I've finally fallen off."
Something in his words struck me, and I remembered something Athena told me before, when I felt broken beyond repair, like I could never get back up. So, I stood up.
"Zuko," I leaned down and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Why do we fall?"
"What?"
"Why do we fall?"
"Because I'm destined to fail, to never get anything right."
"No. We fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves back up, and keep moving."
I took his hand, and he stood too. And we stood like that, hand in hand, for while before finally going back to camp.

Date: 03/15/14 1:45 AM

Again, my sincerest apologies for the much too long wait! And for the separation of the chapter. . . -__-

"You have always worn your flaws upon your sleeve
And I have always buried them deep beneath the ground
Dig them out, let's finish what we started."
-Bastille; Flaws

Chapter 9: Flaws
Part 1

I didn't sleep that night. All I could think about was Tosh and the damage I had single-handedly inflicted upon him. All that time I thought I was doing what was best for him, but it wasn't what was best. Instead of leading some great life, he became a part of some awful rebellion that wants to start another war, or continue the old one, whatever. I rolled over in my sleeping bag and pulled the unused half of my pillow over my head, trying to force sleep upon myself. Somehow, sleep finally found its way to me, but the night was filled with dreams of my battle against my father, who suddenly turned to Tosh. Then Zuko would appear in the background telling me that if I defeated Tosh he could finally break up with Mai and we would be together. I nearly jumped awake just as I was about to deliver the final blow to Tosh, and realized it was still the middle of the night. With a heavy sigh, I forced myself to lay back down and go to sleep.

X X X

The next evening, we were all relaxed around a campfire. We were going to arrive back at the Fire Nation palace tomorrow, a messenger hawk had been sent out to Katara and Sokka's father, urging him to come fight with us, and we hadn't ran into any more trouble. Things were going smoothly.

From across the fire, I watched Mai, who was sitting beside Zuko, reach for his hand. Zuko quickly reached to refill his tea before she had the opportunity to take his hand, and she momentarily glared at him, then put her hand back down. Strange. I pretended not to notice and started laughing along with the others at the corny joke Sokka just told, about Aang's arrows pointing to different directions he could go to finally find his brain.

"As much as I enjoy this witty banter," Mai dryly said, "I'm going to bed. Good night." We all bid her goodnight in return, and I felt a smile creep onto my lips.

Minutes after Mai went to bed, I noticed the distant calling of a bird. A messenger hawk. Please be something good, I thought. A moment later, the bird was perched on Zuko's shoulder and he was opening a letter. The bird flew away, and I watched Zuko read the letter. His eyes moved left to right as he read on, and then he stood up. His face looked fallen, and the hand holding the letter was limp at his side.

"Zuko, what is it?" asked Suki.
"Azula's escaped," he replied quietly, with no emotion.
"No," gasped Katara, and the others had similar reactions. As for me, I wanted to hunt her down and get revenge. I wanted to find a way to hurt her the same way she hurt me. I wanted to break her.
"We have to find her," stated Zuko.

Date: 03/14/14 10:37 PM

@madtay
You WHAT?! Just kiddin'.. Isn't the series cool?! The Divergent movie comes out next Friday!!!!!!

Happy Pi day!!!!

~Luna**

"3.1415926535897932384626433...."- first 26 numbers of Pi

Date: 03/14/14 2:51 PM

I shall post a new chapter tonight. :D It would've been a few days ago, but I started reading the Divergent book series and then got all caught up in that. . . Hehe ^_^

-MadTay

Date: 03/10/14 11:24 AM

glad your writing ;(

Date: 03/05/14 9:07 PM

@madtay

you..died? WHAT!! wait..it says your alive nevermind.. xD nice to know ur alive and writing!! well..i mean you could be dead and still writing and most other peps would still be happy that ur writing its like "who cares atleast the GREAT madtay can write!"

heh,im being random i love your fan-fics and im glad ur still alive!!!

check out my new siggie the last part changes everytime tell me what u think --->

sErEen ThE PeNgUin STEALER of other peps siggies

~ -madtay ~

{A.K.A luigi}

Date: 03/05/14 7:33 AM

Madtay,

It's nice to know you're alive! XD Looking forward to the new chapter~

By The Way~<3

I am your war, arming the strong, aiding the weak! Know me by name, sheperd of fire...!

Date: 03/03/14 11:32 PM

I am just letting you all know that I'm still alive and writing! Lol. I'll have some new chapters posted next week, because I have four tests this week so I have literally no time. -__-

-MadTay

Date: 02/18/14 5:19 PM

Way,

Thanks! Hopefully everyone else sticks around too.

Bball,

Hehe. My break is the week of March 10-14 off, but then I also get Good Friday and that Monday off for Easter. I'm pretty excited about it to be honest, lol.

-MadTay

Date: 02/16/14 12:29 AM

Spring doesn't start for I think 34 days! How could you have Spring Break soon? I'm kinda jealous because it sounds earlier for you.

-Just as I thought it was going alright. I find out I'm wrong, when I thought I was right. s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all ("That's all" by Genesis)

Date: 02/15/14 10:37 AM

Madtay,

Take all the time you need! Thanks to us, your awesome readers, I don't think this story will be deleted anytime soon. ^___^

By The Way~<3

In politics people throw themselves, as on a sickbed, from one side to the other in the belief they will lie more comfortably. -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Date: 02/13/14 4:28 PM

Alliesse,

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :D

Everyone,

I've recently come up with some new ideas for this story that completely contradict what I originally had planned, so now I'm not sure which way to take it now. -__- I'm gonna take a little more time to contemplate what to do next, and when I'm on Spring break (which is pretty soon for me) I'll post a few new chapters.

-MadTay

Date: 02/04/14 8:00 AM

Kit,

I hated Tangled, personally.

By The Way~<3

Date: 02/01/14 11:56 PM

This is soo great! It took me a while to catch up, though it was worth it! Keep posting!

~aangkorra0~{Alliesse}

Date: 02/01/14 12:53 PM

Kit,

Yes, you may have some gum. Five, Stride, or Bubble Yum? And yeah, Frozen is excellent! : )

Way,

Why, thank you. *curtsies* *stumbles and falls* Oh, uh. . . *slinks away*

-MadTay

Date: 01/30/14 4:59 PM

Excellent! I can't wait!

By The Way~<3

Date: 01/30/14 4:47 PM

Frozen is the best movie ever! -better than tangled-