YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
White Blank Page

Date: 10/12/12 6:35 PM

Well, hello!
I'm MadTay, and I used to post on here with my sister a few years ago but we got busy with school and all that, but I'm back! Haha, and this story is about a character I made up named Natanie, but it will include the Avatar characters we all know and love too.
I'll post the first chapters soon, the very first one is just Natanie's back story so the second chapter will be when the story itself starts. I hope I get some readers and that you all enjoy it!
Thanks,
-MadTay
   868 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 06/11/14 11:09 PM

Chapter 9

I stared at my former front door for what felt like hours. I had spent a lot of my time thinking of what I would say to my mother, but I couldn't seem to recall anything I'd thought of. Was I ready for this?
Of course you're not, I thought to myself.
I wasn't ready to face my father when I did, either, but that didn't turn out too badly, did it? Automatically, my hand reached up and touched the area of my shoulder which was now scarred. "Just do it." I said to myself, and I knocked on the door.

"Someone's at the door!" I heard my mother call out from somewhere within the house, and I felt chills go up my spine as my body suddenly stiffened.
A few moments later the door opened and I saw my brother, Lee, standing in the doorway, dumbstruck.
"Nat? You're home?" he nearly whispered.
I nodded and forced a few tears away. My now twelve-year-old brother had grown so much since I'd last seen him, and it really struck me that I'd missed out on a lot of his life. I was so wrapped up in my own scores I hadn't even thought about what I could be missing out on. But in all honesty, I wouldn't have changed any of it.
Finally, I pulled my little brother into a tight hug and he hugged me back. I was afraid that Lee, too, would be upset with me, but he wasn't.

"Lee, who is at the door?" my mother asked, her voice seemed to be coming closer and I heard footsteps. "Lee, why aren't you answering me?-"
Lee and I let go of each other, and I saw that my mother had stopped in her tracks, seemingly unable to speak.
"Hello, mother," I said nonchalantly.
"Natanie, I. . ." she trailed off, at a loss for words.
"I'll give you two some privacy," stated Lee, and he left the entryway.
"Natanie, I just want you to know how sorry I am. I don't know why I thought what I did was okay. . . I guess I thought that if I could stop you from leaving, you'd come home and we'd remain a happy family."
"But, Mom, if I'd been caught I wouldn't have come home. I would've been sent to Ozai, and who knows what he would've done with me?"
At this point, my mother began to cry, which really surprised me. "I don't know what I was thinking! I just thought that I was losing you and I wanted to get you back. But all I did was push you away completely, and I don't think I can ever forgive myself for that."
I took a deep breath. "Mom, I came here today to tell you that I've forgiven you. It's okay."
Before I knew what was happening, my had wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace. She kept saying how sorry she was and that she was happy I'd been able to forgive her. After she finally let me go, she said, "I'm just so happy you're home. What would you like for dinner tonight?"
What? I thought. There was definitely a misunderstanding here.
"Mom, I'm not staying, I just came here to talk. I'm actually traveling with the Avatar right now."
She looked crestfallen. "Oh. Well, of course. It was silly of me to think that you'd want to come back here since you're all grown up now. . ."

For a little while there was just awkward silence, and then Lee sauntered back in. After a few more casual words, we shared an awkward, yet emotional goodbye. Once I left, I was glad I stopped by. Although things would never be completely okay between my mother and I, we were at least on the same page now, and I'd gotten to see my brother as well. I smiled inwardly, and then caught a glimpse of Tosh's house. It turned out there was one more thing I needed to do before seeing Hazel and Athena.

Date: 06/09/14 2:56 PM

I'm so sorry that I've been gone for so long! I had to finish out the school year and track season, and then I was in Florida with my family and we just got back last night. . . But, I'm back and I plan on getting back to writing very soon, hopefully tonight! : )

-MadTay

Date: 05/16/14 8:07 AM

Can't wait until you post!
Bai! :DDD

{~Lar~}

Date: 05/16/14 12:25 AM

@madtay

Your a freshman? Wow... I will be next year! :D

LD

Date: 05/14/14 8:20 PM

@Mad

Aw, no one has time to post

-BBear

Date: 05/14/14 3:28 PM

Blair,

Haha, it seems like I'm doing about as good as you are. School and track have been keeping me really busy so I haven't been able to post much at all. But only two weeks left and then I am done with it all!! :D :D :D It's weird though, my freshman year of high school is almost over. . . 0_0

-MadTay

Date: 05/02/14 6:15 PM

@Mad

Omg what what. Long time no see, girly! I havent been on in while...again but i finally remembered to check this. ow ow toe cramping up >_< Anyway UGH I HATE THE THE END OF SCHOOL YEARS. Please remind me, in what world does it make sense to cram three thousand projects in each class in the last thirty days of school? Which world is that? OH YEAH because there isnt one so why do teachers do it?! I cry every time lol jk but really teachers. You couldn't spread it out a bit? sigh. But yeah im pretty tired from staying up until midnight every night trying to work on the projects and THEN the homework thats due. And it just gets worse when your teacher pairs you up with people who dont do their work for a project. HELP! XD ............so how ru? LOL

-BBear

Date: 04/27/14 12:29 AM

So, uh, I know I said that I would post this weekend, but I don't think I'll get around to it unless I find some time tomorrow evening. I ended up going to watch my friend's lacrosse game (turns out that it's cool sport, my school doesn't have it so I've never watched it before) and now I'm too sleepy to write, or write well anyway haha.

But on the bright side, school will be over in a few weeks and I will have all the time in the world to post! :D

-MadTay

Date: 04/24/14 1:01 PM

I finally got around to posting a new chapter to Never Let Me Go, so that means I will be updating this story very soon! If I end up with some free time tonight I'll probably post, if not I'll aim for this weekend. :D

-MadTay

Date: 04/08/14 11:20 PM

Very good Mad-tayto-chip, I will read this til the end.

-Though I know I'll never lose affection. For people and things that went before, I know I'll often stop and think about them ("In My Life" by The Beatles)

Date: 04/08/14 7:29 AM

Madtay,

-shrugs- I am a bit snappy at times. Turkey has a long, turbulent history (don't we all..? "o_o) so I would not be surprised if someone else marched in and renamed their city.

-By The Way

People gather to TOKYO from here and there with memories of their home. And then, TOKYO gets everyone's home town. -The "Engrish" on this Tokyo Banana package...

Date: 04/06/14 10:07 PM

Ger,

Thanks! I'm just gonna think that was a positive comment and not a negative one, lol.

Way,

Haha! Your response cracked me up. Also, pertaining to your signature, I wonder if Istanbul will ever become something else. . . 0_0

All,

I ended up having a super busy week/weekend, so I'll aim to get the next chapter posted perhaps next weekend! So, stay tuned! : )

-MadTay

Date: 03/28/14 7:55 AM

Ger,

Someone seems enthusiastic! XD

-By The Way

It was once Byzantium. Then, it was Constantinople. Finally in 1930, it became Istanbul.

Date: 03/26/14 3:06 PM

That sounds great.

Date: 03/26/14 1:02 PM

Madtay,

Excellent chapter! I can't wait for Nat to confront her mother again. It's been a long time since Natanie has been home, has it not..?

-By The Way

Today I wrote a song: Cough cough sneeze sneeze cough cough fall on the floor because I feel so blasting ill. =_=

Date: 03/25/14 7:53 PM

@madtay
Fantabulous chappie! :D The movie Divergent was FANTASTIC! It was close to following the book! You HAVE to see it!!

~Luna**

Date: 03/25/14 11:17 AM

Bball,

Thanks! As for Toshanie, you'll just have to read on to find out. But all the answers will arrive in good time. : ) Hehe.

-MadTay

Date: 03/23/14 11:07 PM

The Dai Le. Nice addition. So that means I was right! Toshanie will live and love on! For sure, for sure. Well, keep the good stuff.

- let them leave you up in the air. let them brush your rock and roll hair. let the good times roll ("Good Time Roll" by The Cars)

Date: 03/23/14 11:03 PM

So, before I post this next chapter, I wanted to tell you guys about my one-shot idea! I don't know when I'll get around to posting it, but I have the idea in my head. . . It'll be kinda Zutara-y, but it's about the Agni Kai between Zuko and Azula, and it's based off of the song Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons. . . So, yeah! Oh, and I still plan on posting the Suki story I mentioned a long time ago, if any of you remember. I'll probably get that up this summer. Anyway, on with the story! : )

Chapter 10

We were just a few hours away from the Fire Nation, from my family, friends, and all of my old memories. I was feeling extremely apprehensive about this trip (even though it was going to be a short one) as I sat in between Miyako and Suki on the sky bison.
"Hey, Nat," whispered Suki. I looked at her, and I could see in her eyes that she was about to explode with information.
I smiled. "Yeah?"
She continued on in a whisper. "Last night after you and Zuko came back, he and Mai got into a huge fight. Sokka overheard them, Mai was really mad at him."
Suddenly, some of my apprehension melted away, and part of me felt a little guilty for that. Only a little, though. Before responding, I took a quick look around. Everyone seemed to be either asleep for not paying attention to us.
"I don't understand, Mai's been your friend longer than I have, why are you wanting me to end up with Zuko so badly?" I wasn't upset or anything, just curious.
Suki looked around as well. "Mai's great and all, but we just don't always get along that well. . . And besides, it would be the perfect love story if you and Zuko were to end up together." She grinned at me, and I couldn't help but to return it. Suki had that effect on people, it was like her happiness was contagious; when she was laughing or smiling, you had to laugh or smile too.
"Thanks, Suki."

We arrived. It was time for me to face all of my fears from the past. But I would at least get to see Hazen and Athena again, I was really missing them. As I looked around at the land I once called home, I couldn't help but to notice, though, that Athena was right: the Fire Nation was beautiful. But, not just in the way that it looked, but in the way everyone was acting: happy and free. It had never occurred to me before, but there probably were a lot of people like my friends and me, who just wanted the war to end, not caring who won, just as long as there was equal happiness.

"Alright," said Aang, and we formed a semicircle around him. "Zuko and I have some things to take care of at the palace, if you guys just wanna go explore and have some fun for a while." We all broke apart, and everyone starting chatting on about different things they could do.
"Nat, we have to go get Hazen and Athena!" exclaimed Miyako, grinning.
I smiled, I couldn't wait to see them. But, before I could do that, I had my own business to attend to. "Sounds great, Miyako, but I have a few personal things I wanna get worked out first. How about in a half-hour, we meet back here and go together?" I suggested.
She nodded with understanding. I turned away from the group and began walking. It was time for me to face my mother.

Date: 03/19/14 10:45 PM

Procheer,

Thanks, I'm hoping I'll be able to post here soon. :D

Luna,

I don't think I'll be able to go to the premier, I'm hoping to see it soon though. I'm so jealous that you get to go! I really hope it's at least close to being as good as the book, it seems like it'll follow the plot pretty well, hopefully anyway lol.

Way,

Haha, I may not use that line exactly, but it's definitely getting worked into the plot somewhere. XD

-MadTay