YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
White Blank Page

Date: 10/12/12 6:35 PM

Well, hello!
I'm MadTay, and I used to post on here with my sister a few years ago but we got busy with school and all that, but I'm back! Haha, and this story is about a character I made up named Natanie, but it will include the Avatar characters we all know and love too.
I'll post the first chapters soon, the very first one is just Natanie's back story so the second chapter will be when the story itself starts. I hope I get some readers and that you all enjoy it!
Thanks,
-MadTay
   879 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 06/29/14 11:32 PM

Chapter 10

Awkward. That was the best word I could find to describe the situation I was currently in: sitting with Tosh's mother in her living room, drinking tea. Tosh's mom was a nice woman with gentle features, you could tell she was aging, though, with her slightly wrinkled face and graying brown hair. But, instead of being angry with me, like I thought she would be, she welcomed me into her home with open arms.
"Thank you," I said, "for not being angry with me. You have every right to be."
"Natanie, honey," Tosh's mother replied kindly, "there is no need for me to be angry with you. Tosh is old enough to make his own choices, and I had no right to stop him from leaving."
"That's actually why I came here today. . . I know where Tosh is, well sort of."
"What do you mean?"
"He is working as a part of Princess Azula's rebellion, but I believe that he is not working willfully. I promise you, though, I will find Tosh and bring him home. I want to make this right."

Basically, Tosh's mother thanked me a lot and told me to stay safe, and then I left. About fifteen minutes later, I was with Miyako again and we were on our way to get Hazen and Athena. I'd been waiting for months to see them, and I still didn't know what I would say to them. But, as it turns out, I didn't have to say anything. When Miyako and I reached the door and knocked, Athena barreled us over with a hug.
"I missed both of you so much!" exclaimed Athena.
"Me too," Miyako and I replied at the same time.
"Hazen, get out here!" shouted Athena, still hugging us.
"What now? I was really comfortable where I was and-" when he saw us Hazen let out some kind of screech, and the next thing I knew the four of us were on the ground in some kind of odd embrace.

After all of the catching up was over and after Miyako helped me explain our newest mission with Aang and his friends (which Hazen and Athena gladly jumped on board with), I decided to tell the three of them my own personal plans.
"Like I told you," I explained, "Tosh is working with Azula, and we're pretty sure he's been brainwashed by the Dai Lee agents. So obviously, we need to get him out of there."
The others nodded in agreement.
"I think it'll be a mission just for the four of us, though. I haven't told Aang or Zuko or anyone about this."
"Do you know where he's staying at?" asked Hazen.
"No clue. He's probably on the move."
"Then how do we find him?" Athena questioned.
"We go looking. It shouldn't be hard, seeing as though his group is tracking us- well, Aang." Miyako suggested.
"So it's settled. When we all regroup, we find Tosh's hideout and rescue him." I stated, and my friends agreed with me.
I smiled inwardly. I was finally going to see Tosh again and make things right one last time. My redemption was coming.

A/N: Hehehe, it's the beginning of a new route. XD

Date: 06/29/14 10:49 PM

Blair,

Oh my goodness! Get well soon!!

-MadTay

Date: 06/29/14 8:32 PM

@Mad

Ok I'm back. Sorry, I had surgery on my eye a week ago and I really shouldn't be back on the computer, but I'm bored. So keep posting!

-BBear

Date: 06/29/14 2:01 PM

Luna,

Haha, sorry if I seem frazzled. I just started watching Sherlock, which if you've ever watched it you'll understand, lol. But it really is great to see you, I've really missed this board.

Way,

Hehe, I plan on posting tonight. :D

-MadTay

Date: 06/27/14 11:52 AM

Madtay,

ROFL~ that's right. Another route, huh? Post soon, now I'm more anxious than ever to read the next chapter!

-By The Way

Ciel: You are Sebastian as of today.
Sebastian: ....Was this the name of your former butler, sir?
Ciel: No... It was the name of my dog. -Black Butler #13

Date: 06/27/14 4:49 AM

@madtay
*raises eyebrow, mutters* Great to see you, too...

LunaDiana

Date: 06/26/14 1:07 AM

Luna,

Thank you! I have a new chapter underway, and it is much better than the previous one, lol.

Way,

Ah, but Tosh is away and not at home, so what could come of this visit to his house? XD Hehe.

Everyone,

The next chapter is on its way and I'll get it posted soon! It will definitely take this story down a new route, which I'm pretty excited about. I hope that you guys will like it too! : )

-MadTay

Date: 06/18/14 10:40 AM

Aw, feels! Good feels. And more feels to come as Nat talks to Tosh. ._. I like Zutanie. -gasp- Maybe they'll fight!

-By The Way

Typing at superspeed!

Date: 06/17/14 5:52 PM

I AM READING!!!! This was GREAT!! Continue this!!!!!!

LunaDiana

iron, oxygen, silicon, magnesium, sulfur, nickel, calcium, and aluminium....

Date: 06/17/14 10:52 AM

Is anyone reading?

-MadTay

Date: 06/11/14 11:09 PM

Chapter 9

I stared at my former front door for what felt like hours. I had spent a lot of my time thinking of what I would say to my mother, but I couldn't seem to recall anything I'd thought of. Was I ready for this?
Of course you're not, I thought to myself.
I wasn't ready to face my father when I did, either, but that didn't turn out too badly, did it? Automatically, my hand reached up and touched the area of my shoulder which was now scarred. "Just do it." I said to myself, and I knocked on the door.

"Someone's at the door!" I heard my mother call out from somewhere within the house, and I felt chills go up my spine as my body suddenly stiffened.
A few moments later the door opened and I saw my brother, Lee, standing in the doorway, dumbstruck.
"Nat? You're home?" he nearly whispered.
I nodded and forced a few tears away. My now twelve-year-old brother had grown so much since I'd last seen him, and it really struck me that I'd missed out on a lot of his life. I was so wrapped up in my own scores I hadn't even thought about what I could be missing out on. But in all honesty, I wouldn't have changed any of it.
Finally, I pulled my little brother into a tight hug and he hugged me back. I was afraid that Lee, too, would be upset with me, but he wasn't.

"Lee, who is at the door?" my mother asked, her voice seemed to be coming closer and I heard footsteps. "Lee, why aren't you answering me?-"
Lee and I let go of each other, and I saw that my mother had stopped in her tracks, seemingly unable to speak.
"Hello, mother," I said nonchalantly.
"Natanie, I. . ." she trailed off, at a loss for words.
"I'll give you two some privacy," stated Lee, and he left the entryway.
"Natanie, I just want you to know how sorry I am. I don't know why I thought what I did was okay. . . I guess I thought that if I could stop you from leaving, you'd come home and we'd remain a happy family."
"But, Mom, if I'd been caught I wouldn't have come home. I would've been sent to Ozai, and who knows what he would've done with me?"
At this point, my mother began to cry, which really surprised me. "I don't know what I was thinking! I just thought that I was losing you and I wanted to get you back. But all I did was push you away completely, and I don't think I can ever forgive myself for that."
I took a deep breath. "Mom, I came here today to tell you that I've forgiven you. It's okay."
Before I knew what was happening, my had wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace. She kept saying how sorry she was and that she was happy I'd been able to forgive her. After she finally let me go, she said, "I'm just so happy you're home. What would you like for dinner tonight?"
What? I thought. There was definitely a misunderstanding here.
"Mom, I'm not staying, I just came here to talk. I'm actually traveling with the Avatar right now."
She looked crestfallen. "Oh. Well, of course. It was silly of me to think that you'd want to come back here since you're all grown up now. . ."

For a little while there was just awkward silence, and then Lee sauntered back in. After a few more casual words, we shared an awkward, yet emotional goodbye. Once I left, I was glad I stopped by. Although things would never be completely okay between my mother and I, we were at least on the same page now, and I'd gotten to see my brother as well. I smiled inwardly, and then caught a glimpse of Tosh's house. It turned out there was one more thing I needed to do before seeing Hazel and Athena.

Date: 06/09/14 2:56 PM

I'm so sorry that I've been gone for so long! I had to finish out the school year and track season, and then I was in Florida with my family and we just got back last night. . . But, I'm back and I plan on getting back to writing very soon, hopefully tonight! : )

-MadTay

Date: 05/16/14 8:07 AM

Can't wait until you post!
Bai! :DDD

{~Lar~}

Date: 05/16/14 12:25 AM

@madtay

Your a freshman? Wow... I will be next year! :D

LD

Date: 05/14/14 8:20 PM

@Mad

Aw, no one has time to post

-BBear

Date: 05/14/14 3:28 PM

Blair,

Haha, it seems like I'm doing about as good as you are. School and track have been keeping me really busy so I haven't been able to post much at all. But only two weeks left and then I am done with it all!! :D :D :D It's weird though, my freshman year of high school is almost over. . . 0_0

-MadTay

Date: 05/02/14 6:15 PM

@Mad

Omg what what. Long time no see, girly! I havent been on in while...again but i finally remembered to check this. ow ow toe cramping up >_< Anyway UGH I HATE THE THE END OF SCHOOL YEARS. Please remind me, in what world does it make sense to cram three thousand projects in each class in the last thirty days of school? Which world is that? OH YEAH because there isnt one so why do teachers do it?! I cry every time lol jk but really teachers. You couldn't spread it out a bit? sigh. But yeah im pretty tired from staying up until midnight every night trying to work on the projects and THEN the homework thats due. And it just gets worse when your teacher pairs you up with people who dont do their work for a project. HELP! XD ............so how ru? LOL

-BBear

Date: 04/27/14 12:29 AM

So, uh, I know I said that I would post this weekend, but I don't think I'll get around to it unless I find some time tomorrow evening. I ended up going to watch my friend's lacrosse game (turns out that it's cool sport, my school doesn't have it so I've never watched it before) and now I'm too sleepy to write, or write well anyway haha.

But on the bright side, school will be over in a few weeks and I will have all the time in the world to post! :D

-MadTay

Date: 04/24/14 1:01 PM

I finally got around to posting a new chapter to Never Let Me Go, so that means I will be updating this story very soon! If I end up with some free time tonight I'll probably post, if not I'll aim for this weekend. :D

-MadTay

Date: 04/08/14 11:20 PM

Very good Mad-tayto-chip, I will read this til the end.

-Though I know I'll never lose affection. For people and things that went before, I know I'll often stop and think about them ("In My Life" by The Beatles)