YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
~|One Person<,One Hope ,One Chance~

Date: 05/18/13 12:07 PM

Hi everyone! This is my new fan-fic One Person,One Hope,One Chance. Or you can call it OP,OH,OC. Enjoy!

|~| Chapter 1 |~|
Samiki's POV

"Sami..." I was fast asleep when someone poked me."SAMI!"

I opened my eyes to see Yumi on the edge of my bed poking my foot.I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes."Yumi... what?"

"Fuyu said that breakfast is ready." Yumi was already dressed in leggings,red skirt and a sweater with boots. Yumis always gets up at the crack of dawn to get dressed for school. Then leaves me to be done be the skin of my teeth! Metaphor.

Yumi was my best friend and she lived with my mom and I in our mini-mansion. Yumi's parents died when we were eight. They went to work that morning and never came back... No ones nkwo why or how... Yumi just liked to think they were deceased. Unfortunaly,she had to go to an orphange. Mom and I just couldn't let Yumi go. So we adopted her and she's lived with us ever since.

"Ok,I'm coming."I climbed out of bed and greeted the picture of my deceased dad on my night-stand. "Good morning,dad." I whispered to the picture. My father died a year after Yumi's parents. He was in a satomobile accident. The money dad left behind was a large sum.. So mom bought the mini-mansion with the money. We didn't live so great,just like most of the people now-a-days. Our mansion isn't even a really a HUGE mansion you're thinking of. It's just a big two-story house with a pool and we have a maid/chef named Fuyu. She's really nice!

Unforunaly,most people live in bad neighborhoods,which is like everywhere! Some live on the streets. It all turned that way after Avatar Korra passed away 40 years ago at age 22. You see when Korra got her bending taken by Amon she fell into a deep sadness. She eventually got very sick and passed. Then the new avatar was born.. And you think the world should be fine and dandy right? Well the avatar's a little... out there.

"What should I wear for school,Yumi?"I asked holding up a floral sundress.

Yumi payed hardly any attention to me,instead she was a metalbending my bobby pin."Well,not too fancy!"

"I know. It's not that fancy...right?"

"Just my thought..."My bobby pin was now a ball of metal. Yumi was a little boyish and I was more girlish,but still... don't mess with me...

"Is that for self-defense?"

"Maybe.."She eyed me and laughed. Yumi always had the playful,fun attiude. I was a bit more serouis and a face-the-facts kinda gal.

I slipped the dress on and brushed my hair. Then Yumi and I headed down stairs.

"Hi mom!"I chriped. I ran over to the seat at the kitchen table were she was sitting and hugged her.

"Hi,Samiki! Hello girls! Ready for another day?"Mom set down her coffee. "Grab some waffles you might be late for school today." She had the radio on with her favorite music blarring.

Yumi went over and handed me a waffle,I took and a bite and said,"It's... It's a good thing... Umm, this is good! That school's almost over! Only a month left!"

"Samiki chew with your mouth closed."Mom told me with a sip of coffee.

"Yes,mom."I swallowed,sometimes we don't have manners,either.

Fuyu brought us lichee juice. A tradetional Air Nomad drink!"Sit girls,the bus will be here soon."Fuyu brought over more food and drinks. Yumi and I feasted on waffles,fruit and lichee juice.

"Wanna have a chugging contest?!"Yumi challenged.

"Let's do this!"Yumi and I chugged the lichee juice.

"Rrrruup!"Yumi bleched.

"HAHA!"We laughed arm over each other's shoulders.

"Girls!"Mom shouted."Manners,please!"Even mom chuckled a bit.

The rock music turned to static then a throat was cleared. Then his voice boomed on the radio. "Hello,people of Republic City. Your avatar is speaking. I am recruting more people for my anti-non-bending group,The Move to a Bending World,or TMBW.Everyone but the non-benders are welcome to join. I am getting ready for something big! So non-benders watch your backs,because everything will get worse!"

That's what I mean by the avatar's a little... out there!

This was the day my life changed forever.... That's when I met...him...

-----
I hope you liked it! I'll have the next chapter out soon!

@mods
Please keep the italic words italiced. Thx!

251 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 08/08/14 6:36 PM

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Why? I love your writing. It will be forever missed. I loved this story and I will miss it so so so so so so so so so so so much! :(

~Makololpop

Date: 08/08/14 11:34 AM

Hey, guys! I haven't been on in AWHILE! I'm not writing anymore so... yea. I'm sorry... I forgot all the friends I had on here...

Date: 07/14/14 8:09 PM

Idk if you remember me pencil but I'm back after a couple of years ^_^

"From the dude who says...Hai"-Kai

Date: 06/26/14 8:27 PM

Hey Cilly i'm back! I know I was gone for a while but I just came back! I started a new FF called Alone it's not posted yet but should be soon! Did ya miss me?????????????
~Zuko2435~

Date: 06/03/14 1:36 AM

Anybody? ...

Date: 05/13/14 6:52 PM

Oops I meant SAMoRI all da way! I have no clue how I messed that up...

~Makololpop

Date: 05/13/14 6:51 PM

Ello? Anybody home?

~Makololpop

PS Samiki all da way! ;)

Date: 04/17/14 6:24 PM

Yay! Can't wait!! I love this story!! You rock Cilly! :) Good luck with competitive dancing!!

~Makololpop

Date: 04/16/14 6:41 PM

UUggh! I feel horrid leaving you guys with a cliffhanger for this long! I PROMISE I will start a chapter today; idk when I'll finish it, but I just want you guys to know I haven't given up. I'm just so busy ever since I started doing competitive dance... It's super fun, but very time consuming. Type to you later! 3 <---Loki smiley face

^-^Cilly^-^
The fangirl of many books (PJO, The Selection, Gemma Doyle, TMI and many other YA), Loki and LOK/ATLA.

Date: 03/24/14 12:28 PM

Ahhh!! Finally they got together! Samori all da way!!

|~:|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|:~|
*~A heart with a musical beat<33
~We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun! ~Peeves in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Date: 03/22/14 11:38 PM

It is about time they got together! Haha. I'm nervous about the shriek though, I hope nothing too terrible has happened. Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 03/22/14 5:51 PM

OH MY SQUASH IT HAPPENED IT HAPPENED!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!! SAMORI ALL THE WAY!!! :D I LOVED THIS CHAPTER!! IMMA READ IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER!! I LOVE THIS STORY!

~Le Lali of Lollipops~

Date: 03/19/14 4:39 PM

I hope all the Samori fans like this chapter.

|~|Chapter 32|~|
Samiki's POV

Light blinded from fire nation chandelier hanging above me as I opened my eyes. There was a leaden taste in my mouth that made me want to gag and my head was throbbing with a slipting headache. What happened? I scanned the room; no one was in here. I pulled my sheets back, slid out of bed... and landed on Shiori screaming my head off.

He gripped my arms and spoke gently like he was talking to a frightened animal. "Samiki, it's fine; it's only me!"

"Where am I? What happened?" I looked at him and flushed red as a fire truck. "And why were you sleeping on my floor?"

He blushed, also, and averted his eyes from me. "Well, you were sleeping and I wanted to stay and keep watch..."

"Oh, well, thank you." I beamed and tucked a piece of hair away from my face.

"Uh, can you get off me?" He asked, uncomfortably.

HOLY CRUD! (Hey... No laughing. It's my way of not cussing.) I scrambled off of him and put a good five feet of space between us. I was so embarrassed I wanted to cry, but instead I awkwardly sat down on my bed.

He scratched his temple and sat down next to me. "Obviously, you're at your house and... last night--the night of our... um, date--Sano attacked you."

The disastrous memories hit me like a tidal wave. The super embarrassing date with Shiori, my meltdown, Sano and I fighting... I wish I didn't remember it. "Oh, oh yea," I said, bitterly.

"I was driving around and saw fire blasting and clouds of smoke coming from the boardwalk. I screamed your name as you collapsed and saw Sano escape by jumping in the ocean. Then, I brought you back to the house. Yumi wanted all the 'dets' and I told her to buzz off."

I laughed. "You really told her to buzz off?"

"Yea! I was practically hyperventilating! First, you take off to who-knows-where and then I find you unconscious! What would you say when someone asks you for the 'dets'?!! She didn't even say the full word: details!" Shiori protested, throwing his arms up.

I fell back on the bed laughing from his rant. Though, I did that too when Yumi and Shiori were wounded when we escaped Sano's headquarters.

He sighed and fell back with me. "I'm just happy you're safe. I wouldn't know what I would do with myself if you seriously hurt." He turned toward me and cupped his hand around my face. A single tear ran down his face and his hand was shaking like he was scared.

Then, he pulled me toward him and kissed me full on the lips. I laced my fingers through his hair.

"That's exactly how I felt," I cooed as we broke apart, then I took his face and kissed him. He kissed me back, but froze in horror as a feminine voice shrieked.

Date: 03/13/14 8:06 AM

Thanks!

Date: 03/12/14 10:43 PM

Awesome! Nice job at the action scene, your use of detail was great. : )

Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 03/12/14 10:15 PM

I LOVED it!!!!!! :D

|~:|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|:~|
*~A heart with a musical beat<33
~Chocolate Marshmallows, Marshmallows Chocolate. SMORES! Smores, smores! ~Me

Date: 03/12/14 5:55 PM

I have a chapter ready, but I'll wait until some comments come. It's longer than the last one, thankfully and I bet you'll all like it.

Date: 03/12/14 4:41 PM

I'm sorry the chapter isn't as long, but at least I got one written.

Date: 03/10/14 6:43 PM

|~|Chapter 31|~|
Samiki's POV

A lump grew in my throat and my feet were frozen to the pavement. The only part of me moving were my hands, which I had to clasp together so Sano wouldn't see them shaking. I felt like a coward standing there! What was he doing out here on the boardwalk so late at night?! Wasn't he supposed to be planning vile ways to hurt non-benders?

After awhile, I gather my confidence and speak. "What are you doing out here, Sano?"

While I was frozen as a donkey-deer in headlights Sano had moved closer to me, he was leaning against a lamp pole. Light bathed his face in a yellow-ish glow that made him look even more ominous than usual.

I wished Shiori was here or Yumi or even Irashi, but he had been deceased for years. Still I wonder what it would be like if Irashi was still around and I had an older brother to give me a tough skin. So, in this particular situation, I wouldn't be completely terrified. I mean I would still be terrified, just not completely terrified.

"Why would you care?" Sano folded his arms and sneered.

"Whoa! No reason to get all witchy at me." I held up my hands in defense. I tried to play it cool, like he was a normal kid living a normal life. But, in essence, no one lives a normal life. "Besides shouldn?t you be hurting non-benders, Mr. Losertar?"

Sano glared at me and started to redden. He wasn't blushing, no, he was furious. He punched a huge blaze of fire at me.

I shoved my hand forward and the fire encircled me, eventually going to smoke and rising into the night air. Whoops. Maybe I went to far...

I returned to assault by sending a fire clap his way. I was blinded by the smoke of the fire and started coughing violently. I coughed into my arm and my knees buckled underneath me. I collapsed on the ground as it started shaking. I couldn't tell if it was all in my head or if Sano was the cause. Either way my vision and the sounds of my name being screamed were fading into a black, soundless void.

Date: 03/10/14 5:40 PM

Great news! I'm (finally) working on a chapter!