YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
..::|The Chessboard Battlefield|By The Way & KawaiiGrrl|::..

Date: 05/21/13 5:40 PM

|Book I: The Pawns|
|..:|Prologue|:..|

The Avatar is Gone- Forever?
read the headlines one hundred years ago, after the passing of Avatar Kady. Republic City claimed to have seen her in the Avatar state when she passed on, and thus, the Avatar cycle came to a halt, they said... Now it has been two thousand years since Avatar Korra, a famous and much loved Avatar, had passed on. Modern day Republic City believes she would be amazed and then disgusted if she were here now. Amazed at the sleek, Hovermobiles levitating an entire foot off the ground; amazed at the tall steel buildings whose sides project commercials from flashing HD color television screens; amazed at the garments people are wearing, glitzy and glamorous with high tech features, like cellular phones implanted in thin, fashionable gloves.
Disgusted at the way poor people are made into slaves if four years old or older; disgusted at how the Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Water Tribes are dominated by a single power when they are supposed to be separate; disgusted at how the leader of this dominating power, Valor Li-Nova, has been crowned 'Honorary Avatar', because people have lost hope in the real and apparently nonexistent Avatar; disgusted that all she did to stop the Equalists went somewhat in vain, for now, all airbenders are extinct. An entire race gone, along with her friends Tenzin and his children.
Li-Nova's regime is in full control of the other nations. Laws are in effect that remove people from their homes if it is convenient to place a shopping center or corporate building. Corporations dominate small, family owned businesses. People are losing their jobs everyday, and becoming slaves.
And no one except the Avatar can stop it.
But the Avatar is dead.
---

Welcome to The Chessboard Battlefield Trilogy, a double between the ever so incredible KawaiiGrrl and myself. This story takes place in the cyberpunk evolution of the LOK world we know and love, two thousand years after Korra passed away.
I hope you enjoy this legendary trilogy, and as I say because I'm The Way,

Keepon Writing!

||-tHe wAy-||

527 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/24/14 5:47 PM

Kawaii,

-falls over with a THUNK- Ohhhh m'Lord. This story is just seriously getting awesome! -whispers- Harm's last name is just Seraph, btw... But really, that chapter/part was epic!

Is there another part, or is it my turn to write? -clears table from 1,000 tons of algebra homework- I'm ready~!

LunaDiana,

Cool! How old will you be? I guess... TWELVE! Everyone's turning twelve lately.

Madtay,

Heck, I feel like I've missed something and I'm the co-writer... The epicness of KawaiiGrrl's writing is overwhelming!

-By The Way

I don't speak Spanish, and I can't if you want me to. ._.

Date: 04/24/14 12:20 AM

I feel like I've missed a ton since I've been gone. . . Great work, guys! I'm still completely in love with this story.

Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 04/23/14 4:14 PM

@KawaiiGrrl

OMG! So mysteresting! (Mystifying + Interesting)

Btw, my birthday is coming up, too! Next Friday!

LD

Date: 04/23/14 12:33 AM

I was listening to drama OSTs while writing this chapter so all the feels from previous dramas I watched just came rushing back to me omg. And, um *cough* A special someone's birthday is comin' up~~ ouo

|Book II: The Bishops|
|..:|Chapter L: Daughter | Part II|:..|

Her heart stopped.
Her breath stopped.
Her soul stopped.
The empty silence that drowned the room was poisonous as her thoughts crashed into one another with blaring noise.
This... This couldn't be real. It was such a fabricated and improbable and forged idea.
But it also made sense. Why else would she be pampered so luxuriously? She was royalty; it would make sense that she would be taken care of this well.
However, why didn't they tell her directly? Why send the message to her by kidnapping her with no clear explanation or motivation?
Chu continued speaking, bombarding her with even more troubling ideas. "Have you ever wondered where you had gotten your airbending? Your adoptive father in Haleigh was a nonbender, and you never met your mother."
It was true.
It wasn't true.
It definitely was true.
It definitely wasn't true.
These comments flew by her mind and bumped and collided and crashed into one another in an overwhelming flurry of anxiety.
"I... I didn't even have a chance to hold you. It was an honest mistake at the hospital, really, but it was one that affected both of our lives greatly."
Her eyes widened. What was he talking about? She lived with her father for all of her life; such a thing never occured. Her parents would have told her and Kira.
Kira.
Who were Kira's parents, then? Harmonie was far from comfortable knowing that there was a chance she could be this monster's child, but acknowledging her sister was the spawn of such evil was...
"The hospital switched you with someone else's child. Your mother and I found out and returned the child to the hospital to get you back. However, the parents who accidentally took you didn't come back, so we had to live without you for what seemed like a thousand years. I just..." A deep pained sigh, trembling with gried. "I wish... I wish your mother would be able to see how beautiful you are, now."
She pressed her trembling hands against her ears in a futile attempt to block the noise of her mind.
Stop! Just stop!
With a bright smile, he wiped a warm tear from his emotional eyes. "But I'm just... so happy to see you... after all these years."
Her breaths were unstable and her mind was ripped to shreds and her sanity was shattered into a thousand pieces.
One simple answer... I need just one simple answer...

He glanced at her empty chair more often than he should.
There was some sort of ominous aura surrounding it, a foreboding that he couldn't quite comprehend.
He disliked it.
No, he didn't just dislike it.
He hated it, despised it, loathed it.
Even when he was drying the silverware with Avila, he found his eyes meandering towards her seat. That spot was never the same since she disappeared.
"Hello? Hello?" A voice echoed throughout F.A.L.S.E.'s base with an ambiguous meaning, sending chills down his spine. Was he really going that crazy? Crazy enought to hear voices?
Avila glanced over her shoulder, busily washing the dishes. "Geld, do you hear a voice?"
So... it wasn't him imagining things? Their eyes communicated their thoughts through one moment of anxious eye contact. Instinctively, Geld and Avila scrambled out of their idle state towards the door, determined to lock it before the strange intruder could manage to discover the residents of the base.
With agile fingers, Avila approached the doorknob first and shut it with a slam, locking it securely.
However, the intruder heard the loud bang of the closed door, realizing that there were indeed people in the building. Geld peered curiously into the peephole.
Standing tall in the doorway, a middle-aged man stared anxiously at the door, emotional eyes on the urge of tears.
"Please... Please open the door. I'm looking for my daughter..."
The stranger held up a wrinkled photo of a female adolescent.
It was a younger photo of her, but she was recognizable all the same. Wavy, chestnut hair, deep jade pupils, and a bright smile to tie it all together. It was unmistakable, whether her photo was taken in blinding light or dull darkness.
"My daughter's name is Harmonie Seraphim. Have... Have you seen her?"
---
IT'S PARENT TIME. WOOT. //pushedoffacliff

Date: 04/22/14 4:24 PM

Glimmer,

Yeah, it is getting pretty amazing! Let's hope it just keeps getting better!

-By The Way

Just for fun, I learned how to say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

Date: 04/21/14 9:38 PM

I. NEED. MOARRRRR......

Imma dinosaur. Rawr. :3

Ahem, HARMONIE CHU?!?! This story is getting better and better...

*Glimms*

Date: 04/18/14 10:21 AM

LunaDiana and Azaria,

I know, right? I wasn't even expecting that, and I'm the co-writer! Hopefully Kawaii will soon sort out this amazing and wonderful madness!

-By The Way

Early to rise, late to bed...

Date: 04/17/14 8:22 PM

@Way and Kawaii
I have some serious catching up to do.. >.<

Date: 04/16/14 6:58 PM

@KawaiiGrrl

O__O WHAAAAT?!? That was.... aweprising! xD Awesome and Surprising!!! That was so awesome and surprising, I had to make a new word! Good job!

LD

Date: 04/16/14 6:55 PM

@ The Way

[ Maniacal Laughter in the Distance ]

All will be explained in soon time, Way. All in soon time. ouo

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 04/16/14 5:28 PM

WHAT? WHAT... THE HECK?!?!?! Harmonie... WHAT?!?!?! Wow! SUPER PLOT TWIST! I didn't even know about this plot twist! :DDDD AWESOME CHAPTER!

-By The Way

Pizza for breakfast? Check.

Date: 04/16/14 12:46 AM

@Way
You're welcome! :)

LD

Date: 04/15/14 7:38 PM

|Book II: The Bishops|
|..:|Chapter L: Daughter | Part I|:..|

"C-Cleon?" Instantly, the flowing water that Avila was bending to extinguish the fire fell in mid-air as she approached him. "Did... did you do that?" She pointed to the flames of the temple, the crimson ruins crumbling behind her.
The robotic boy nodded curtly. "Uh, y-yes. That was... what I was trying to show you."
"Can you do it again?"
His eyes widened. "What?"
She repeated her words, slower than originally said. "Can you do it again?"
"Uh, sure." Calming his nerves quickly, he replicated his previous firebending move.
Stretch your arms.
The flames intensified.
Lift them up.
They spiralled up like a miniature dragon.
Clench your fists.
With a few flying embers, the fire faded into the atmosphere, the only evidence of its existence being a steaming, empty spot of smoke on the ground.
Avila's eyes widened at his feat, revealing the maximum size of her ocean-like pupils. Without hesitation, she gestured to Käthe. "Can you teach her to do what you just did? We need all the help we can get," she commanded, a subtle trace of bewilderment and awe in her voice.
"Does that mean I can help?" asked Cleon, hope and confidence nestling into his heart.
She grinned. "No one can stop you now."
At those words, Cleon's eyes lit up with joy. He could contribute. He wasn't heavy weight to them; his presence had value.
He turned to the other firebender with a kind smile. "First, you stretch your arms, like this..."

Sitting on his adorned throne, a man well past his youthful years unfolded a clean, thick newspaper. He expected the headline of the newspaper; anyway, he was the cause of it himself. What he was not prepared for were the people involved.

TEENS EXTINGUISH FIRE IN AILEE DISTRICT

A serene day was interrupted by plumes of gray smoke emitted from a nearby temple, striking panic into the hearts of citizens in the Ailee district. If the fire in Shengaku Temple continued, its burning havoc would spread to surrounding buildings, increasing the damage tenfold. However, according to witnesses, several teenagers used their bending hastily to extinguish the fire before it could have any opportunity to spread.
"It was amazing, absolutely amazing," says classical musician Zico Shabet, age 62. "Those kids used their bending to take out the fire quicker than any fire fighter I've ever seen."
After the fire had been smothered, the mysterious adolescents were seen sifting through the remains of the temple. When the police arrived, they quickly fled the locations. Sources varied on whether or not a teen had taken an object from the now charred ruins. Police are now investigating the scene in suspicion of arson.
(See more pg. 34 in Recent News)

The man tapped a finger on the arm of the chair curiously.
"Hm, I wonder if they're involved with this," he muttered to himself. Worry began to flow into his veins like toxin. They had burned the building to a smoldering ruin; it was near impossible to find any distinguishable information there.
A stream of dull light emerged from the outside as the main door to the throne room was opened ajar, revealing an obedient servant's peeking head.
"Your Majesty, Miss Harmonie is here."
"Bring her in, please," he beckoned. Silently, Harmonie entered the room, her back stiff, her arms crossed against her chest.
He smiled warmly, his eyes expressing kindness and sympathy. "Harmonie... it's been a while, hasn't it?"
She turned away, refusing to make eye contact. Chu sighed deeply.
"Please talk to me, Harmonie. You seem like you don't enjoy your life here. I - no, we're truly trying our best to support you with the highest quality."
Her posture softened. With cautious, piercing eyes, she glanced at Chu.
She spoke slowly but precisely. "Why do you want me here? Why am I so important?"
Warmly, he smiled once again. "There's only one answer to that: my daughter, Harmonie Chu."

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 04/15/14 3:13 PM

that's a really nice passage wow!!

Date: 04/15/14 7:26 AM

LunaDiana,

-brushes the cheese out of my hair- Why, thank you for... that... XD

Kawaii,

It's probably my first time too! I don't think I ever passed 300 on my singles! We're the best~! ^-^

-By The Way

Happy birthday, Leonardo da Vinci! I think your sketches are better than your paintings...

Date: 04/14/14 1:21 AM

@KawaiiGrrl

*sees the pan* Aww... I wanted a pancake, not a cakepan... you're welcome!

@Way and KawaiiGrrl

CONGRATULATIONS!!! *throws confetti and cheese everywhere*

LD

Date: 04/13/14 9:27 PM

[ Muffled Screaming in the Distance ]

*wipes tear* THANK YOU FOR 500+ POSTS ouo *flails arms wildly* I dunno about the Way, but this is my first fanfic that's been this wildly successful *o* I mean, half a thousand comments? You guys are awesome. I gotta plan an amazing plot twist for this story sometime, because every one of you guys definitely deserves it for sticking with us this long. ;u;

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 04/13/14 9:35 AM

Kawaii,

Ah, I see. It now makes sense. Also, WE'RE AT 500+ POSTS! *O*

All,

HAPPY 500+ POSTS!

-By The Way

Volunteered at fundraiser outside. Got a sunburn all over my face. Reverse karma.

Date: 04/12/14 10:56 PM

@ The Way

200%, 'cuz I've been listening to this song called "200%" (it's by Akdong Musician if you want to check it out o3o;; ) and I've just been insane about it for quite a while.

@ Alleah

Thanks so much :3 Have a paper crane. *gives you a crane holding a piece of paper in its mouth*

@ LD

Yoyoyoyo whattup~ 8) Thanks for the comment, LOL. You get a pancake. *hands you a metal pan in the shape of a cake*

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 04/12/14 7:16 PM

@KawaiiGrrl
CLEON!! Oh my Avatar that was awesome!

LD