YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
..::|The Chessboard Battlefield|By The Way & KawaiiGrrl|::..

Date: 05/21/13 5:40 PM

|Book I: The Pawns|
|..:|Prologue|:..|

The Avatar is Gone- Forever?
read the headlines one hundred years ago, after the passing of Avatar Kady. Republic City claimed to have seen her in the Avatar state when she passed on, and thus, the Avatar cycle came to a halt, they said... Now it has been two thousand years since Avatar Korra, a famous and much loved Avatar, had passed on. Modern day Republic City believes she would be amazed and then disgusted if she were here now. Amazed at the sleek, Hovermobiles levitating an entire foot off the ground; amazed at the tall steel buildings whose sides project commercials from flashing HD color television screens; amazed at the garments people are wearing, glitzy and glamorous with high tech features, like cellular phones implanted in thin, fashionable gloves.
Disgusted at the way poor people are made into slaves if four years old or older; disgusted at how the Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Water Tribes are dominated by a single power when they are supposed to be separate; disgusted at how the leader of this dominating power, Valor Li-Nova, has been crowned 'Honorary Avatar', because people have lost hope in the real and apparently nonexistent Avatar; disgusted that all she did to stop the Equalists went somewhat in vain, for now, all airbenders are extinct. An entire race gone, along with her friends Tenzin and his children.
Li-Nova's regime is in full control of the other nations. Laws are in effect that remove people from their homes if it is convenient to place a shopping center or corporate building. Corporations dominate small, family owned businesses. People are losing their jobs everyday, and becoming slaves.
And no one except the Avatar can stop it.
But the Avatar is dead.
---

Welcome to The Chessboard Battlefield Trilogy, a double between the ever so incredible KawaiiGrrl and myself. This story takes place in the cyberpunk evolution of the LOK world we know and love, two thousand years after Korra passed away.
I hope you enjoy this legendary trilogy, and as I say because I'm The Way,

Keepon Writing!

||-tHe wAy-||

603 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 08/20/14 8:16 PM

@LD
Oh, okay. Then I'll just have to wait.

Date: 08/14/14 11:33 PM

@korra

No, the boards are almost exactly the same. If the new boards were here, they would be entirely different. Nothing would be the same. At all. We're still waiting for that update.
-LD

Date: 08/14/14 8:33 PM

@Way
Isn't the new board here already? I need a new chapter or else I will explode. >_< Please write soon!

Date: 08/13/14 4:51 PM

Way/Kawaii,

Because the entire boards is going to blow up into a million pieces & be replaced by the new boards, I had a sudden urge to get your thread to 600! I couldn't resist.

Can't wait for the new boards so you guys will post again :3

-- ally

I think of you as a friend. I used to think "friend" was just another word... Nothing more, nothing less. But when I met you, I realized what was important was the word's meaning. - Gaara of The Desert

Date: 08/08/14 4:08 AM

@ korra112o

o3o we're waitin for the update to start writing again xD still here though~

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 08/07/14 3:30 PM

@Way and Kawaii
Where'd you guys go?!

Date: 07/23/14 2:18 PM

-fumes- Hey, what about me?! I'm the co-writer here! W-what if I also think it's a joke? o("=.=)o

-By The Way

Origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, takes discipline, focus, and hand-eye coordination... -holds up torn, crumpled ball of paper- ...which I don't seem to have...

Date: 07/20/14 12:42 PM

@ Kawwigrrl
Umm its no joke
You have to have your seris' saved
SOS [Save our series]

Date: 07/10/14 10:46 AM

Ally,

So we really have to keep our guard up, huh...

All,

I will say it again: save your stories, any significant posts like from story-planning threads, any OCs you submitted to roleplays.

-By The Way

Every time I come here, I think, "How will the interface look today? Will the site have been updated? Or will it all be the same?"

Date: 07/08/14 10:18 PM

I was lurking around on the Nick HQ Board, and found out that the site will update in the middle/end(ish) of July. It was a "secret", but it must not be anything the moderators are prohibited from disclosing. Perhaps just information they won't widely announce...

-- ally

Date: 07/08/14 12:13 PM

MistySun,

Long time no write~ We're doing great on this quiet little board. They'll update the site soon, which is why we're not posting yet.

-By The Way

Man, I'm bored...

Date: 07/07/14 3:03 PM

Its been a long time since I've posted on this story, and I just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job!

I had to go back reread the whole story. XD

How are you guys doing?

-Misty
I write to live and I live to write.

Date: 07/05/14 9:37 AM

Madtay,

Yeah, pretty much. They should really try to publicize it a little more...

-By The Way

Who are you?? Timothy asked. ?Aren?t you cold??
. . .Then she said, ?I am always cold,? and her voice was as thin and fragile as a sheet of ice over warming water. -"The Cold Witch," by Claire Legrand

Date: 07/03/14 7:17 PM

Way,

So they're resetting the entire website and all of our stories will be deleted???? I'm sooooo glad I have both of my fanfictions saved on my computer. On the bright side, I'll get the chance to edit some of the not-so-great parts in the beginning of White Blank Page. . .

I'm really glad you said that, or I would've logged on one day and started freaking out when everything was gone.

-MadTay

Date: 06/21/14 12:47 PM

LD,

Yeah, there are some threads posted on some of the boards by NICKFrog ('cause everyone likes him) that talk about the new Nick.com. Also, you are completely free to like whoever you want! ^^ Personally, I hated Peeta x Katniss in the Hunger Games. But unlike the Hunger Games, we don't know which guy will get the girl...

Kawaii,

Thanks for the explaining! And like I told LunaDiana, you can find the proofs on some threads, like those posted on Stories or Blab, about the new Nick.

Ally,

Thaaat's all right! XD Things that don't make sense are cool!

-By The Way

Gotta bisect these angles for Monday... At least this geometry book is more fun than the last math book I had!

Date: 06/20/14 11:09 PM

Kawaii,

Perhaps, because there is a four included in Geld's time, bad luck may be coming his way, despite his sudden prosperity regarding his victorious romance with Harmonie. Or maybe not. This really is a head-scratcher. But I do suppose it is all up to you and Way.

If you think about it, it's kind of odd how character's fates are in the author's hands. Because, to me anyway, characters are something I created, but they grow into something more than that, so isn't it weird how their destiny lies at our finger tips?

Great, now I'm thinking about more things that don't make sense.

-- ally

Date: 06/20/14 1:26 PM

@ The Way

WAIT A SECOND. NICK IS RELOADING EVERYTHING? HUWAT.

*jumps off airplane*

*faceplants into ground*

Oops. Anyway, where did you hear that? o_o;; I wanna see for meself, omg.

And here is the meaning of the clocks: number 9 is a very lucky number in Asian cultures. Geld woke up at 9:49 PM, so since he has two 9s, he's pretty lucky/happy I guess. The number 4, however, is super unlucky. To be frank, I forgot completely why I put the 4 in Geld's time since the chapter was a while ago, so just roll with it that he's super happy.

Cleon, on the the other hand, wakes up at 4:44 AM, meaning that he has bad luck and is upset. I think. If that even made sense. Yeah.

~ 200% Kawaii

Date: 06/20/14 2:33 AM

@Way

First off, no i don't. I don't really like Geld. Cleon seems like the Bolin of this story.. Harmonie seems to ignore Cleon mostly...

And two... They're what?!?! Resetting everything!

LunaDiana

Date: 06/19/14 10:58 AM

Ally,

Indeed... I'm glad you're up for reading it again, though! And of course, we can fix any mistakes we've made and overlooked before we post again. To your first post, YES THE FEELS ARE EVERYWHERE!

LD,

XD Harmonie likes Geld so much! Shouldn't you be rooting for the main character and her decisions? But I'm happy you like Cleon and want to support him as well. ^^

-By The Way

-"Magic," by Coldplay

Date: 06/18/14 3:41 PM

Way,

Woah, they're going to reset everything? Hmmm, reposting doesn't prove to be difficult, it just seems like it'd be a pain. Well, I'd like to read TCB (yes, I just made your fanfic an acronym) again. It's just so good. Can't wait, hehe.

-- ally