YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
|''|Meet Me Halfway|''|

Date: 06/10/13 4:50 PM

|''|Prolouge |''|
"Father! Please! AHH!"Fooosh! I cringed as Fire Lord Ozai blasted fire at Zuko. I bit back tears as Iroh patted my back.
Zuko was bent over on the ground he looked up and a hideous scar burned on his left eye. I wanted to scream and comfort Zuko,but if interferred with an Agni-Kai I might be thrown in jail or worse.
That was three years ago when Zuko got banished. I was visiting him the day of his first war meeting. We were so young,thirteen at the most. Zuko asked me out on a date a month before the war meeting. I remember the day of the war meeting like it happened yesterday:
I was standing on the front gates of the palace and a guard was checking my ID when I saw Zuko. I yelled his name and he ran over to me.
"Hey,Zuko! How's it going?"I hugged him.
"I'm getting ready for me first war meeting! I've been dreaming about this day,Emi."Zuko stared into the beautiful blue sky and breathed in the fresh air."This is gonna be a good day,Emiko."
I smiled at him as a guard handed my ID card back."You may pass."I didn't feel right that day... I knew something bad was going to happen.
I took Zuko's hand as we walked over to the pond with the turtle-ducks."So your Mom's new baby?"
We sat down; turtle-ducks swam up to me but kept far away from Zuko."Mom's doing great with Mutoe!"I lived in the uper class of Fire Nation with my Mom and Mutoe; my Dad was fighting in the war. I narrowed me eyes."You seem really jumpy and excited,Zuko,that's nothing like you."
"Well,it's my first war meeting. Every person dreams of it,"Zuko repiled.
"I don't though,"I countered teasing him.
Zuko slipped his hand out of mine and shrugged. There's the old Zuko.
"Prince Zuko?!"A familiar voice called. Iroh was coming toward us.
"Iroh!"I ran over to hug him. Iroh always felt like a real father to me. He's just so nice.
"Emiko,I see you came to see Zuko before the war meeting."He smiled at me.
"Yes."
He turned to Zuko."You need to get dressed,Prince Zuko."
Zuko nodded and hugged me good-bye without a word.
That was when everything changed. Zuko spoke up in the war meeting,he was challenged by his father to an Angi Kai and got banished from his home land. I remember when he was about to go:
I ran to the docks. Zuko and his uncle were watching the crew load up the ship.
"I'm coming,"I demanded walking over to them.
Zuko placed his hand on my shoulder and said quietly."No,Emi,I love you,but you can't come. I'm sorry. I'll write to you every single day."He wrapped me in a hug."I promise."
I began to cry in Zuko's shoulder."I... I love you,too."Out of the corner of my eye I saw Iroh tearing up and backing away.
I looked up at Zuko."Never forget me,Zuko,no matter how long it takes,find the avatar. I know he's out there."
Zuko nodded.
"All aboard!"The captain yelled.
" 'K ,this is goodbye for now,Emi."
I nodded,lips pursed,tears streaming down my cheeks. Zuko lifted my chin and kissed me on the lips. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me good-bye.
"ALL ABOARD,PRINCE ZUKO!"Iroh yelled from the deck which broke us apart. I blushed embarrassed that Iroh was watching us.
Zuko ran to the ship yelling,"I'll write you tonight,Emi. I LOVE YOU!"He smiled at me and vanished onto the boat. I kept waving until it was out of sight.
"Welllll."A sharp voice said from behind me. I immediately knew who it was and grimaced.
"Yes,Princess Azula?"I turned around maintaning my cool.
"Don't play dumb,Emi. I saw you begging to go with Zuko! Just accept that Zuko isn't coming back! Ever!"Azula snapped. Was she sad that Zuko was coming back...? No,she doesn't have any feelings,she's doesn't care.
I broke; I was sick and tired of Azula making fun of me! That's all she does!"I'm done,Azula! Leave me alone for once!I don't care what you say. Zuko will come back." I shouted.
Azula seemed unaffected."Whatever you say,Emi."With that she shot up in the air leaving a smoky trail.
I walked back home crying the whole way.
That was the day of Zuko's banishment.
Of course Zuko wrote to me everyday as promised,but on the thrid year the were less frequent once a week. Then once a month...
This was the letter when the letters began to slow.

To: Yamamoto Emiko

Southern Water Tribe,December 14,1853

Dear Emi,

As you can see I'm in the Southern Water Tribe. I miss you dearly my sweet. Today I saw a maginfictent blue sphrere shoot up in the air and guess what...? IT WAS THE AVATAR! We stopped by a pathetic little village and I battled the avatar. This may sound weird,but the avatar was a kid... I captured him,but his little friends saved him. Don't worry we're following them as I write. I love you,Emi,always remember that.

Love,

Zuko
----

Author's Note: In Asia your last name goes first. Thats's why Emiko's full name is Yamamoto Emiko. Cool huh! Anywho, Give me your feedback! BYEZ!

Cilly

234 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 03/13/14 8:05 AM

@aangkorra

Perfect! You are a possibility! Can you make a thread and label it Cilly OVER HERE! Put some of your work in it. Thanks! ;)

Date: 03/12/14 10:19 PM

I would like to, that is if you'd have me. Our Spring Break is coming up....luckily, so I'll be off of Vocal class, dance, and cheer. It's pretty long! *-* I guess I am a possibility??

|~:|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|:~|
*~A heart with a musical beat<33
~Chocolate Marshmallows, Marshmallows Chocolate. SMORES! Smores, smores! ~Me

Date: 03/12/14 7:26 PM

I would, but I've got two FanFics on the Legend of Korra FanFic boards. T_T

#irritated
-pancake/Iparis

Date: 03/10/14 5:34 PM

Aww now I feel horrible for abandoning this fan-fic... I'm just so busy lately! With school and dance. You know... if someone wants to double up with me on this I would love that!

Message me back if you're interested.

Date: 03/10/14 2:32 PM

hi so I just started to read this and I love it! please tell us if you really are not continuing this cause it's awesome!!!

Date: 03/10/14 11:21 AM

I need more! :(

Date: 03/07/14 2:37 PM

WHAT your not continuing why??? 0__0

Date: 03/06/14 8:38 PM

The prologue is great! I can't read anymore now I have to go to bed. .But anyways, yeah! I just heard of the unfortunate news that you won't be continuing. Well, I'll read while it's still on the boards.

Date: 03/06/14 4:55 PM

T_T So we'll never know if Emiko finds Zuko...

Well, THAT made my day. T__T
-pancake

Date: 02/26/14 8:43 PM

@Pancake

Yeah, she said she was only going to continue her other fanfic. D: I loved this so much! Nice siggy by the way!

~|~|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|~|~
*~A heart with a musical beat <33
~Why would Ron and Hermione get together if they argued so much? Now Harry and Hermione, I get! ~Me talking about Romance in Harry Potter.

Date: 02/26/14 8:14 PM

AWWWWWWWWZZZZ T_T

You're not continuing?!?!?!

That just ain't right!!!
-pancake161/missIparis
"Me gusta- ok? Haters gon' hate." ~Pusheen, the Japanese Cat

Date: 02/19/14 7:21 PM

*sniffs* I'll miss this, since you're not continuing... D: D: D:

:::::.:.:.:.:{{~Alliesse <3~}}:.:.:.:.:::::
*~A heart with a musical beat <33
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof ~Pharell

Date: 01/28/14 12:09 PM

Thank you!! I feared I lost you guys!

Date: 01/27/14 6:50 PM

OH. MY. GAWSH.
YAAAAYY!!!!!!
You're back!!!
I liked the chapter, but it seemed like you basically repeated the last one, just in a different setting.
It was still nice overall.
Good luck in your dance competition!!!
-pancake161

Date: 01/26/14 9:59 PM

I'm glad to see you posting again, great chapter! :D

-MadTay

Date: 01/25/14 11:12 PM

I am incredibly sorry for how long I made you guys wait. Please forgive me! I have been SUPER busy and I know I say that a lot, but, you see, I am on a dance competetition team. I have never competed in dance before, so I am very new at this. Competetitions are starting next month and we have A LOT of work to do. Plus, you know, school. EVERYBODY LOOOVES SCHOOL!
Ok, enough blabbing. Enjoy!

|''|Chapter XXXI: Stand Strong|''|
Birds tweeted and fluttered overhead as Misaki and I trekked back to the shore. We said our "good-bye"s and "thank you"s and, also, exchanged akward hugs to Kazuo and his mother. Kazuo didn't question our leaving, but silently stared at me with those burning hazel eyes. Plending for me to stay. I avoided them as best as I could.

We finally emerged to rocky shore lined with row boats. Shouldering my pack--which contained food, extra clothes, and supplies for the long jounery ahead, I staggered to the shore and fell forward on my knees. Jagged rocks cut into my knees. I rubbed the heel of my hand in my eye, sighing tiredly.

All of this pointless drama, for nothing. Zuko's probably lost hope in me... Besides, I even cheated on him.

A straggled cry broke through the air and I fell over on my side, trembling. I soon realized the cry was mine. And it was not of physical pain, but internal. Everything I'd done these past days flashed before me. Abandoning my mother, letting my friends worry about, letting my mother worry about me. They didn't deserve that, any of this. Even poor Misaki, who I dragged on this trip left her own family to assist me. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this.

"Emiko, please stop crying," Misaki erged, placing a comforting on my shoulder.

I sheltered my face in my hair covering my face like a curtain. "J-just g-go," I stammered, curling myself into the fetal postion. "I did this. I cheated on Zuko. I failed him; I failed you."

She wrapped her arms around me and whispered. "No way, Emiko. You're an awesome friend; the bestest friends I could ever ask for. You just need to stand strong and push these feeling away... And, of course don't tell Zuko." She winked and squeezed me tighter.

I sniffled and swiped my arm across my nose. "Thanks, Misaki. The feeling is returned. And..." I trailed off.

"What?" She asked, falling back into a sitting postion.

"Bestest is not a word!" I laughed, throwing my arms up to protect me from the pebbles being chucked at me. "Hey! Can we focus?!" I shouted after awhile, scrambling up to my feet. I brushed the dirt off my tunic and smoothed out of wrinkles.

Misaki sat in her hip and tossed pebbles into the polluted lake. "Waddya mean?"

"I mean we have to get off this island and find a safe way to get to the Earth Kingdom," I told her slightly irritated.

"I don't know maybe we can jack somebodies ship?" Misaki flipped a lock of dirty blonde hair behind her shoulder. "Like last time," she repiled calmly.

I balled up my fists. "Oh yes, like that worked so well last time. The time we almost DROWNED!!" I rubbed my temples and drew in a sharp breath.

Misaki glared at me, utterly annoyed. "No, Emiko. I mean we find a better ship and you aren't going to sail it."

My jaw went slack. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. "Y-You're BLAMING ME FOR THAT!!"

Misaki put up her hands and said, "No, I blaming your sailing ability." She smiled smugly.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Whatever." I swiped my pack off the rocky shore and started walking aimlessly." C'mon, let's go find a boat or something to get us off this island."

Date: 01/25/14 4:25 PM

This is why you get, like, 20 chapters ahead of what you post!!!
GAH!!!! I hate playing the waiting game. =.='
-(a very irritated) pancake161
Also, check out my FanFic on the Legend of Korra FF boards- The City in the Eyes of Someone Else!! It's almost finished!!

Date: 01/20/14 11:33 AM

I'm working on it now.

Date: 01/19/14 9:25 PM

It IIIIIIISSS??!!?! When?!
-pancake

Date: 01/11/14 8:35 PM

@pancake

Yes.