YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Never Let Me Go

Date: 07/06/13 4:49 PM

Hello, all! I'll be starting a new fanfic very soon, so I thought that I'd go ahead and get the topic posted.

-It will be Azula-based.

-Zuko may or may not have Katara try to use some of her "special talents" to help heal Azula's mind.

- I don't know if I'll feature any shipping or anything, but there could possibly be some Zutara...

-The title is based off of the song "Never Let Me Go" by Florence and the Machine. If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out.

-I'll have the prologue/first chapter up by the end of next week. (I haven't decided if I'll start with a prologue or not yet)

There you have it! I hope you all love reading it as much as I'll love writing it!! :D

-MadTay

323 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/29/14 8:48 AM

Wow, you just never fail to disappoint, do you? I love it, I usually only comment on things that I absolutely LOVE! And, can I say that this is amazing? : ) You have a SEVERE talent for writing and you should never ever ever ever quit. <3

~Just the average LPS collector, why are you staring at me like that?~ *Akita*

Date: 07/25/14 2:32 PM

I'm excited to see what happens with the guard and (more importantly ) Aang and On-Ji. As always, very nice job, Madtay!

-By The Way

What happened to Alien Dawn? That was a good show.

Date: 07/23/14 11:58 PM

"It's not easy making a name for yourself,
Where do you draw the line?
I never thought I'd be in this far."
-A Day to Remember; The Downfall of Us All

Chapter Twenty Four

About an hour after Zuko, Katara, and Azula left, Aang found himself wandering the palace corridors alone. Why didn't he and Katara say goodbye to each other, and, more importantly, why wasn't he more upset about it? Something between them had changed, but Aang couldn't quite place his finger on it. He thought that giving each other some space would do them well since Katara seemed to want some more time for herself, but it only seemed to be pulling them apart.
"Aang?" a voice rang out from down the hall. "What are you doing walking around all alone?"
Aang turned around to find On Ji walking towards him, a smile on her face. "Hi, On Ji," he replied with a smile. "I'm just thinking."
"Oh, what about?" she asked once she caught up with him.
"Just some stuff. It's kind of complicated."
"You can tell me about it if you want," she said kindly, and then took his hand.
This took Aang by surprise, he didn't know what to do. "Uh, maybe another time. I don't really wanna talk about it."
"That's fine. Do you want to take a walk?"
Aang nodded and they walked off down the corridor, still holding hands.

Azula sat at the very back of the sky bison (Appa?)'s saddle, away from Katara as Zuko sat at the reigns. Things were still very tense, and Azula could tell that Katara still thought of her as a threat, as the enemy.
"So I was thinking that we can fly through the night, and that Katara can take over steering in the morning. We'll be able to reach Uncle's teashop by the end of the day, and Appa's had enough rest that he should be able to make it without stopping."
Azula thought about offering to steer for a while, but she knew Zuko and Katara wouldn't like that idea. She wished she could do something to earn their trust, but what?
"It's been a pretty smooth flight so far, no attacks or anything, and we're nearly in Earth Kingdom waters so I'd say we're probably in the clear." Katara stated cheerfully.
But, it seemed as if she spoke too soon, because not one moment after she finished her sentence, a fireball went whizzing by her head. A second one followed it, and Azula leapt up and redirected it behind them.
"What was that?!" shouted Zuko.
"Ask your sister!" Katara bitterly exclaimed.
A third fireball flew by them and nearly hit Zuko in the face, but he steered Appa out of the way just in time.
"The Acolytes were never supposed to follow you out of the nation! They've never done so to any of their targets in the past, I don't know what they're playing at!" Azula replied, fearful of what damage her past decisions might cause. "No matter, though. Zuko, keep flying as fast as you can, Katara, help me fend off these fireballs. You cover Zuko and I'll get the rear."
Appa accelerated, and Azula and Katara took their defensive stances.

Toph sniggered. She was currently sitting at Zuko's throne just for kicks. "So this is what royalty feels like, huh?" she said aloud to herself. "Where are my servants at? SERVANTS? WHERE ARE YOU, PEASANTS?" she shouted, not thinking anyone would hear since this section of the palace was nearly deserted due to Zuko's absence. However, she felt three people sprinting towards her.
Oops, hee hee, she thought.
However, it was not servants who entered the throne room. It was Sokka, Suki, and Matka the guard.
"Toph, we have a situation." Sokka said.
"What is it?" she asked.
"Ogodei, the fake guard we apprehended, has escaped," Matka solemnly informed Toph.
"And we're all in danger," added Suki.

Date: 07/23/14 10:42 PM

Cyclone,

Thanks! I'm really glad that you like it. :D

Way,

Yeah! I thought the exact same thing, they definitely got the idea from us, haha.

Glovesjb,

Thank you! And you find the fan-fics on this board, of course! : )

-MadTay

Date: 07/19/14 8:29 PM

where do u find the fanfics?

Date: 07/19/14 8:23 PM

that sounds awesome

Date: 07/16/14 7:27 AM

It's ok I guess sigh
some things aren't just men't to be

Date: 07/12/14 3:14 PM

Madtay,

Hey, have you watched the new LOK? There's a city called Zaofu, and it's made of metal! Doesn't that remind you of Hao Jae from Life Sense and Steel?! O_o

-By The Way

Zaaaaoooofuuuuu...

Date: 07/10/14 12:45 PM

Okay, I've read through this whole thing silently so I could give my full opinion on this when I catch up. Here it is: THIS IS AMAZING!!! I've never read any fan-fic like this before and I am SO glad that I accidentally clicked on this! :D Keep up the good work, and I await the new chapter.

Cyclone of the Southern Water Tribe
"Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothing's quenchier!"

Date: 07/04/14 1:24 PM

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

-MadTay

Date: 06/29/14 2:00 PM

Zuko2435,

I totally remember the World's Last Bender! Welcome back to the board. I'll definitely check out your new fan fiction!

Way,

They really are, aren't they? I just thought there were a lot of open ends with both Lu Ten's death and Suki's family, so I wanna work with both of those. XD

-MadTay

Date: 06/27/14 12:01 PM

Wow, these Acolytes sure are twisting up the A:TLA world we knew and loved! Great chapter. I'm eager to meet Suki's family, since that was really never covered in the show.

-By The Way

Ciel: You are Sebastian as of today.
Sebastian: ....Was this the name of your former butler, sir?
Ciel: No... It was the name of my dog. -Black Butler #13, by Yana Toboso

Date: 06/26/14 8:21 PM

Hey! XOmadtayXO I"M BACK!!!!!!!!!! Did you miss me????? I just started a New FF You should check it out. I dunno if you remember "The Worlds Last Bender" but that was me! ~Zuko2435~
"Looking for a place in a non-bender world~
I totally need a new signature yo!

Date: 06/26/14 1:04 AM

"I'm looking for a place to start,
But everything feels so different now.
Just grab a hold of my hand,
I will lead you through this wonderland."
-Of Monsters and Men; Yellow Light

Chapter Twenty Three

In no time at all, Zuko and Azula made their way back up to the palace and had Ty Lee called into the dining hall.
"Hey, guys, is everything okay?" asked Ty Lee.
"Yeah, I was just wondering if you'd wait with Azula while I go talk to Katara for a minute," replied Zuko.
"Sure!" Ty Lee responded brightly.
"What's the matter, Zuzu, still don't trust me?" Azula asked with a tone in her voice Zuko didn't recognize.
"Uhhh. . ." Zuko didn't know what he should say, because he didn't trust her, but he couldn't tell her that!
"Zuko, I'm only joking! Go talk to your friend." Azula laughed.
"Oh, ha ha ha." Zuko forced a laugh. Humor. Humor was what was in Azula's tone that he didn't recognize, since she was never one for cracking jokes before.

After a few more minutes, Zuko was standing at Katara's door, waiting for her to answer. The door swung open and Katara immediately began asking questions. "So you want us to leave tonight? And what does your uncle know about the Acolytes?"
"We should leave as soon as we can because time is a critical factor in this, the quicker we shut down the Acolytes the better off everyone will be. Regarding my uncle, I don't know if he knows anything." Zuko responded, waiting patiently (for once) for the followup question.
"Then why do you need to see him?"
"I have news for him. . . Lu Ten, his son, was assassinated by the Acolytes on an order from Ozai. The Acolytes covered it up by making it look like an accident during battle. Ozai thought that by eliminating the next heir to the throne after my uncle, that he could become Fire Lord, and he did. I found it all in a scroll in my father's things."
"Zuko, I'm so sorry," Katara consoled, touching his arm.
Zuko ignored the warm feeling that came with Katara's touch, and went on: "There's more. Azula has revealed to me that she knows our mother's whereabouts. She's supposedly in hiding in the Earth Kingdom and I'd like to search for her, and I'd like you to come with us."
"Zuko, of course I will. Wait, 'us'?"
"Yes, Azula is coming too. She has every right to see her mother again, and she's doing much better now, I can tell."
Zuko could see that Katara wanted to argue his reasoning, but she instead agreed with him. "Okay. Let's get the others and tell them what's going on."

Soon enough Zuko and Katara rounded everyone up and ended up communing in Aang's room, where Zuko explained everything: Azula, his mother, the Acolytes, and how his family fit in with them, as well as his plans to travel with Katara to the Earth Kingdom.
"It'll be a short trip, two weeks tops. I was wondering if the rest of you guys would keep guard over the palace, since things have been so tricky here lately." finished Zuko.
"That's okay with me, but are you sure the two of you can handle all of that on your own?" asked Aang.
"Please," interjected Toph, "Sugar Queen and Sparky took down Azula on their own when she was still nuts, they'll be fine."
"Now that that's decided on, Sokka and I have big news!!" bursted Suki.
"We're getting married!" Sokka shouted before anyone could say anything.
The room was suddenly full of happy shouts and "congratulations", and when it quieted down, Sokka spoke again. "We were actually thinking that we could have the wedding here, in the Fire Nation, since the gang's all here. Suki and I already sent out letters to our families, we can have the wedding when you guys get back."
"You guys can have it in the palace, if you'd like. It would be my honor," offered Zuko, an offer which was quickly accepted. Then, he and Katara were off to the dining hall to retrieve Azula.

"I can't believe they're getting married," said Katara. "Well, I can, I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly like this, you know?"
"Yeah. It's weird, I always thought Mai and I would end up married. Funny how things work out. . ."
Katara wasn't sure how to respond, she couldn't tell if Zuko was sad or relieved to not have Mai anymore. Then suddenly, she remembered that she and Aang never said goodbye, which was strange because they always said goodbye when they had to separate.
Finally, they got to the dining hall, where they found Ty Lee and Azula sitting at the large table, discussing something from their childhood days.
"Alright, Azula, are you ready?" asked Zuko.
"I am. But there is something you need to know, Zuko. The Acolytes of Azulan are tracking you, so we need to make sure we're very careful during our travels. The palace should remain safe, since. . . Well. . . They're only after you."

Date: 06/24/14 9:36 PM

Lucie,

It's just different, and I think it's cool, lol.

Everyone,

A new chapter is on its way!

-MadTay

Date: 06/12/14 12:44 AM

@xomadtayxo
I'll totally keep reading! And, uh, what's so special about my nickname?

Lucie.......The Whale!:)

Date: 06/09/14 3:04 PM

Lucie,

Firstly, I like your nickname, lol. Secondly, thank you for reading my story! I'm glad that you liked it for the most part. And I began this story last spring but didn't post it until July, so I started it around the same time as the comics, which I haven't kept up with very well anyway. With both of the fanfictions I'm currently writing I am just sticking with what happened in the show, not the comics. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me not following the comics and continue reading!

Ally,

Thanks! Although it may not always seem like it, I've put a lot of work into trying to keep my writing at least somewhat smooth and balanced, haha.

Tink,

Do you have a different nickname than before? And I don't think Kat has been around much either, we've all been really busy, lol. Anyway, glad you're back and I hope you can stay!

Everyone,

I'm also back for the summer and will be posting very soon! :D

-MadTay

Date: 06/07/14 9:43 PM

@xomadtayxo
I am TRULY SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ANYTHING IN THE LAST 9 MONTHS. !!!!!!
my mom never paid the cable bill (i have Verizon Fios so it was all bundled:internet, phone, and tv ). I feel bad because katara402 probably thought i abandoned her because i didn't finish the double with her but, i just didn't have internet. Well I'm back now for the summer (hopefully depending on my grades. )

Stay flammin' sifu hotman1

Date: 05/27/14 6:57 PM

I just found and fell in love with this. I admire your balance between dialogue and narrative description. That always seems to be one of my biggest issues when it comes to writing. I either have too much or too less, sometimes none at all (although that mainly applies with dialogue haha).

Keep up the great work!

-- ally :3

Date: 05/23/14 10:46 PM

New reader here, I'm mostly silent but I do comment from time to time. This is pure awesome! The only thing I don't like is that it directly contradicts the comics, which I consider to be canon. But if it was written before they came out, or if you haven't read them then I understand.

Lucie.......The Whale!!!