YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Never Let Me Go

Date: 07/06/13 4:49 PM

Hello, all! I'll be starting a new fanfic very soon, so I thought that I'd go ahead and get the topic posted.

-It will be Azula-based.

-Zuko may or may not have Katara try to use some of her "special talents" to help heal Azula's mind.

- I don't know if I'll feature any shipping or anything, but there could possibly be some Zutara...

-The title is based off of the song "Never Let Me Go" by Florence and the Machine. If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out.

-I'll have the prologue/first chapter up by the end of next week. (I haven't decided if I'll start with a prologue or not yet)

There you have it! I hope you all love reading it as much as I'll love writing it!! :D

-MadTay

295 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/01/14 8:00 PM

Eeek! Post! :D

|~:|{<3~Alliesse~<3}|:~|
*~A heart with a musical beat<33
~We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun! ~Peeves in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Date: 03/25/14 11:18 AM

Allie,

Thanks! I think my writer's block for this story is finally gone, so hopefully I'll get a new chapter up this weekend.

-MadTay

Date: 03/24/14 12:16 PM

Great chapter, Maddie! I am anxious for more!! :D

~We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one, And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun! ~Peeves in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Date: 03/23/14 11:06 PM

Way,

Hehe, I guess you'll know for sure soon! I honestly wasn't going to include Ursa at all until I started writing this chapter the other day, the idea just kinda popped into my head. Looks like my writer's block is cured! LOL.

Dezirahe,

NO. Lol, just kidding. Thanks for replying! : )

Sereen,

Thanks! And I agree. Heck, even with all of the action and comedy, ATLA is still pretty dramatic, lol.

-MadTay

Date: 03/23/14 3:04 PM

great, AMAZING,AWESOME chapter madtay!!!
I cant believe zuko blurted out the truth about ozai failing ALL those things and all :3

If avatar the last airbender didnt have comedy or bending I honestly believe it would be a drama show 0_o
YAY FOR COMEDY AND BENDING THEN!!! XD

seriously,though dont you think so?

SerEen Ther PeNgUin

Date: 03/23/14 11:28 AM

yes

Date: 03/23/14 11:08 AM

Madtay,

Great chapter! I'm guessing she's being held hostage on an Earth Kingdom Island by the Eastern Air Temple, not hiding... XD Yay, let's go find Ursa~!

-By The Way

Sebastian... and Grelle. Sebastian... and Grelle. :3

Date: 03/23/14 12:59 AM

Chapter Twenty One
Part Two

Zuko gulped as he and Azula entered the prison where Ozai was kept, and where Iroh was once kept. He looked to Azula, she looked confident, just like she always used to. It was like ice ran through her veins. "Ready?" he asked her.
She nodded, and they walked on towards Ozai's cell. Zuko hadn't seen nor spoken with Ozai since directly after the war's end, when he asked him about his mother. How would this next interaction go?

Zuko re-steeled himself as they rounded to corner to the former Fire Lord's cell. When they got there, they found him slumped over in the back corner, just like he was when Zuko last saw him.
"What do you two want?" Ozai asked impatiently upon noticing his children, as if he had more important things to do.
"We have a few matters to discuss with you," stated Azula, like this was a business meeting.
Zuko nodded in confirmation.
Ozai let out a laugh. "Well let's get this over with, I can't wait."
It seemed he had not changed at all in the last three years.
When it seemed that Azula wasn't going to speak, Zuko did. "Well, I've been thinking for a while, and so has Azula-"
"Is this about your worthless mother again?" Ozai complained.
This time it was Azula who responded, and her business-meeting facade was gone. "It wasn't before, but now it is. I'm aware of what happened to her, the real story. I know that she's in hiding on an Earth Kingdom island by the Eastern Air Temple! She is not worthless, and I've never been able to admit that until now."
Zuko was shocked. Had she really just said that?
"And how would you know that, if it were true?" spat Ozai.
"It is true, and I know a lot of things that you didn't know I knew about. I've been keeping this a secret for years, and yet you never did trust me. I was the perfect daughter and you still abandoned me! Just because you failed at bringing the Fire Nation victory doesn't mean you can forsake your children, Ozai."
The fact that Azula had just referred to their father as Ozai really meant something, never before had she called him anything that wasn't respectable.
"I didn't fail, you two failed! You, and your uncle. If you three had just done what you were supposed to, capture the Avatar, we would've been victorious!"
"No," Zuko finally interjected. "You failed. You failed as Fire Lord, you failed at being a husband, you failed at being a brother, and, most importantly, you failed at being a father."
Ozai said nothing, and neither did Azula, but the hatred for Ozai in her eyes said more than words could have.
"I think we're done here," finished Zuko. Then, he took Azula by the hand and exited the prison.

Sokka paced his chamber, alone. Everything that had been going on, what with the Acolytes and everything, really got him thinking. His time on this earth was limited, an assassin from some gang could come in and snuff him out at any minute, or some other crazy, off-the-wall thing could happen and his life would be over. So why should he keep walking through life without much of a care, when he should get moving on with his plans? Yes, it was definitely time for him to get moving. So, he sat down on his bed, pulled out the necklace with the dark blue band and light blue-painted stone that he'd been carrying for months, and got to carving. You know that Suki's the perfect girl for you, so it's finally time that you ask her to marry you, Sokka thought to himself.

Date: 03/23/14 12:59 AM

"Say what you wanna say
And let the words fall out
Honestly, I wanna see you be brave."
-Sara Bareilles; Brave

Chapter Twenty One
Part One

Zuko knew this had to be too good to be true. Could Azula, after all of this time, finally be. . . okay? He wouldn't be one-hundred-percent convinced of her new mental state until her actions proved it to be so. But, for the time being, he would have to just go with it.
"Before we go, there's one quick thing I need to do." Zuko stated. He tore a piece of parchment off of the scroll he had in his robe, scribbled a quick note out, and handed it to Katara. She took the note and looked at him quizzically for a moment before walking off to go read it. Ty Lee, recognizing her presence was no longer needed, exited the throne room as well.
"Alright, Azula, let's go." Zuko said, and together, as brother and sister once again, they left to go confront Ozai.

Katara sat down on the small couch at the foot of her bed. She was back in her chamber now, preparing to read Zuko's note. What was so important that he couldn't just say out loud? For this reason, she was feeling a little apprehensive. Slowly, she unrolled the small piece of parchment and began to read.

I still don't trust Azula, so I wanted to tell you this in writing just in case. I want to go to Ba Sing Se to see my uncle, and I want you to come with me. It has to do with the Acolytes, I'll explain to you on our way there. We'll leave tomorrow.

What would his uncle know about the Acolytes of Azulan, apart from the general information they already knew? Of course, Iroh seems to know everything, she thought. And why did Zuko only want her to go? Why not Aang, or one of the other guys? Maybe he wanted them to keep watch over the palace while he was gone. . . What Katara did know, though, was that she wanted answers.

Date: 03/19/14 10:41 PM

Cilly,

Thank you very much. :D

Way,

I really don't think they will, to be honest. And yes, that is a great song! Hybrid Theory is one of my favorite albums of theirs. : )

-MadTay

Date: 03/18/14 7:47 AM

Madtay,

*sigh* Will they ever stop...? Also, my signature is longer than my actual message again. ._. You like this one? This is my favorite part.

-By The Way

It's true, the way I feel, what's promised by your face! The sound of your voice, painted on my memories, even if you're not with me, I'm with you..! -With You, by Linkin Park

Date: 03/17/14 6:48 PM

@madtay

I absolutely love this story! You're such a great writer! I'm so glad Azula isn't insane anymore! :) Great chapter!

Date: 03/14/14 5:55 PM

@madtay

lol anyway,way thats fun to say xD

sEReEn ThE pENgUiN
~Most people would say thats unnesscary I would say thats un-NOT nessecary

Date: 03/14/14 2:53 PM

Way,

Katara: Why thank you, it was an honor to do so.
Azula: You only had to fix me because you re-broke my brain to start with!
Zuko: Please don't start bickering. . .
Katara: *water whips him*
*Azula and Katara argue incessantly*

Uhhh. . . Any'way', Way, thank you!

Alliesse,

Thanks! I'm glad you stuck around through all the waiting. :D

-MadTay

Date: 03/13/14 8:41 PM

Great job, Maddie!

~Chocolate Marshmallows, Marshmallows Chocolate. SMORES! Smores, smores! ~Me

Date: 03/13/14 1:16 PM

Madtay,

Great chapter! I'm glad Azula isn't insane anymore. ^-^ Good job, Katara.

By The Way~<3

"You'll just come along with me and have a good time. The Galaxy's a fun place. You'll need to have this fish in your ear." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

Date: 03/12/14 10:40 PM

Sereen,

Thanks! I'm so glad to hear that. I honestly did not feel good about that chapter at all, I'm kinda experiencing some writer's block for this story, but I really needed to get something posted. . . I think I figured out where I wanna take the story from here, though, so yay! :D

-MadTay

Date: 03/12/14 9:11 PM

YAY UR REALLY ALIVE XD!!!! I totally knew that lol :3
anyways great chappie!!! ur writing is wonderful I can REALLY get a picture of whats going on PURRRFECTLY

sEReEn ThE PeNguIn

Date: 03/12/14 12:17 AM

"How can you see into my eyes, like open doors?
Leading you down into my core,
Where I've become so numb.
Without a soul, my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home."
-Evanescence; Bring Me to Life

Chapter Twenty

"Your father?" interjected Katara. She knew she shouldn't have intervened, this was between Zuko and Azula and did not involve her in any way, but she couldn't help it.
"What are you doing here, peasant? Here for a rematch?" snapped Azula, probably referring to the other night's fight. Katara didn't respond. Zuko shot Katara a look of warning and then went back to speaking to Azula as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening.
"Azula, I think we need to go see father," he said.
With one last glare at Katara, Azula turned back to face Zuko. "Well, I guess that could be beneficial. We might as well try. . ."
"Great. Now," Zuko glanced at Katara, "if you'd let Katara help you get your head back to normal, we can go tonight."
Azula's face reddened due to anger. "Why should I let her help me? With what she did to me the other night?"
"Azula, if you just cooperate and let her do her work, you'll be okay, I promise," urged Zuko.
Azula pursed her lips and glared between Zuko and Katara, and Katara smiled reassuringly. She also noticed Ty Lee was still standing in the doorway, watching warily.
"Fine," said Azula. "But if anything goes wrong, anything at all, you'll regret it. Both of you." She reclaimed her seat on the throne and sat still, waiting for Katara to get started.
Katara steeled herself and approached Azula. She took a deep breath and once again brought the cool water to Azula's temples.

Ty Lee watched from the doorway. She saw Azula's pupils dilate, and wondered what it was Katara was trying to accomplish. Obviously, Azula's sanity was the intended end result, but how would Katara get her there? That was the real question. Ty Lee continued to watch curiously, but it really didn't look like Katara was doing anything. She was just standing there with her eyes closed and the water pressed against Azula's temples. Within minutes, though, Katara streamed the water back into her pouch, and Azula gently fell back against the throne, asleep.
"What does that mean? Did it work?" asked Ty Lee, taking a few steps into the room.
"I'm not sure, we'll have to see when she wakes," replied Katara.

Azula felt foggy as she opened her eyes. Where was she? She was having trouble remembering. But as her surroundings settled into place, she remembered that she was in the throne room and that Katara was trying to fix her mind. Had it worked?
"How do you feel, Azula?" asked Zuko.
"I feel. . ." How did she feel? She felt clever again, but not in a power-craving, conniving way. She felt. . . peaceful. "Pretty well, actually."
Zuko smiled. "Are you ready to see Father?"
Azula thought for a moment. "Yes, yes I am."

Date: 03/03/14 11:31 PM

FunnyWow,

Thank you!! : )

Everyone,

So, I'm just here to let you all know that I am still alive! Lol, and I should have a new chapter, or chapters, up next week. I have four tests this week before spring break so I don't have much time. . . -_-

-MadTay