YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Never Let Me Go

Date: 07/06/13 4:49 PM

Hello, all! I'll be starting a new fanfic very soon, so I thought that I'd go ahead and get the topic posted.

-It will be Azula-based.

-Zuko may or may not have Katara try to use some of her "special talents" to help heal Azula's mind.

- I don't know if I'll feature any shipping or anything, but there could possibly be some Zutara...

-The title is based off of the song "Never Let Me Go" by Florence and the Machine. If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out.

-I'll have the prologue/first chapter up by the end of next week. (I haven't decided if I'll start with a prologue or not yet)

There you have it! I hope you all love reading it as much as I'll love writing it!! :D

-MadTay

295 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 02/14/14 7:23 AM

I cant wait until you post a fanfic because I love them

Date: 02/13/14 4:19 PM

iWrite,

I don't play MC, so it's just probably just a coincidence. : )

Way & AangKorra,

I'm glad to see that I have a tasty story, cool! Hehe. :D

-MadTay

Date: 02/13/14 3:13 PM

Liesl,

Hey~ I'm serious!! Okay, so not really, but still... Glad I made you laugh! ^^

By The Way~<3

There's always something to be said for "revolutionaries against the revolution," I guess.

Date: 02/12/14 6:13 PM

@Way

HAHAHAHA! LOL~!

XD....::::....{~Alliesse~}....::::....XD
~A heart with a musical beat<33

Date: 02/11/14 8:00 AM

Mns123,

No, it's good to eat.

By The Way~<3

Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo: A star shines on the hour of our meeting.

Date: 02/08/14 1:13 PM

IS THIS GOOD TO READ?

Date: 02/01/14 12:53 PM

wait do u play MC? I seen somebody with same exact user on MC? :DD

iWrite1

Date: 01/30/14 1:12 PM

Aangkorra,

Thanks, and welcome to the story! : )

Everyone,

Sorry about being gone for so long. Things have really gotten busy again since school has started back up, I'm not sure when I'll be able to post another chapter. Hopefully soon, though. Just please bear with me, because I fully intend on finishing this story! : )

-MadTay

Date: 01/27/14 7:41 AM

Make more! Make more!

~aangkorra0~ {Alliesse}

Date: 01/20/14 10:10 AM

Super Duper awesome! Just caught up.
Please make more! :)

~aangkorra0~{Alliesse}
Makorra geek
TLOK geek
ATLA geek
Hogwarts geek
Camp Half-Blood geek
Hunger Games geek

Date: 01/16/14 5:51 PM

@madtay

UM..I dont wanna say no but..NAH I dont get it xD
but one day I WILL trust me MAWHAHAHAH

you: uh..getting a little creeped out now..

me: thank you-thank you very much

you: seriously no puns? really ? 0_0

me: sorry I just flushed down the "pun idea" *flushes toliet*

you: *facepalm* did I REALLY have to remind her -_-?

me: LIGHT BULB!!! *light turns on* Ive got an idea! *world explodes*

YOU: thats a pun?

me: nope thats WHAT will happen if I get an idea :3

you: 0__0

SeReEn ThE pEnGuIn

Date: 01/15/14 11:26 PM

Cilly,

Thanks! And I understand, everyone is pretty busy these days, lol. And yes, Loki IS awesome! Though, so is Azula. But, she's more awesomely crazy, while Loki is just plain awesome.

Sereen,

Why, thank you! : )

And I don't have any clever remarks, most of my puns are terrible. *tears piece of paper that says "my puns" on it*
Get it?

-MadTay

Date: 01/14/14 6:27 PM

@madtay

HOW COULD YOU NO DIP????? thats horrible!!!!

you: 0_0 *eats cheese strings* sorry got a little "cheesey" on that one

me: *takes cents from pocket* sorry that didnt make any 'cents'

you: will you EGG it with the puns? *is eating boiled eggs*

me: *facepalm* 0_e

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA I crack myself up ^_^ *cracks eggs*

you: -_-

sEreEn ThE PeNgUiN

Date: 01/11/14 6:13 PM

OH MY APPA katara got the "wrong idea" awesome.. your storys are ALWAYS awesome!!!

SerEeEn ThE pEnGuIn

Date: 01/09/14 2:30 PM

@madtay

I'm sorry I haven't commented in awhile, but I managed to catch up in computer class.

Azula reminds me of Loki, but more insane. Though, Loki isn't insane; he's awesome!

Great chapters! ;)

Lokifan

Date: 01/06/14 7:46 PM

Hoag,

Thanks! I'm sorry to say so, but suspense is one of my favorite writing tools. . . : ) And I'll check out the Foundling sometime, the title sounds pretty interesting!

Way,

If you're going to bring snacks, at least bring enough to share with me. *takes all of your string cheese and replaces it with celery (with no delicious dips!) *

-MadTay

Date: 01/01/14 5:04 PM

Madtay,

Mm, I can hardly wait for the next chapter! You've really come a long 'way,' Madtay.

You: You just couldn't be cheesier, could you?

Nope. *eats string cheese*

|-bY tHe wAy-|

Date: 01/01/14 8:39 AM

Madtay

Great! Too much suspense for my liking of course.
Post again! Oh, and read THE FOUNDLING,please. I need someone's feedback!

Date: 12/31/13 11:45 PM

"Spare me your judgements and spare me your dreams,
'Cause recently mine have been tearing my seams,
I sit alone in this winter, clarity which clouds my mind.
Alone in the wind and the rain you left me,
It's getting dark darling, too dark to see,
And I'm on my knees, and your faith in shreds, it seems."
-Mumford & Sons; Thistle and Weeds

Chapter Nineteen

Azula sat in the throne, calculating. While at the moment she felt more like herself than she had in years, she didn't know how long she would have in her current state-of-mind. Whatever it was the Water Tribe peasant did to her was causing her to drift between two different mindsets: her true self, as well as her immature, childhood self. From what Azula had gathered, she usually had an hour or so before her mindset would switch, an hour of which she used half of to escape her prison and enter the palace. She knew she had to defeat Zuko before her state-of-mind changed and she went all "goody goody" again, as she did when she revealed a portion of her plan to Ty Lee. Thankfully, though, Ty Lee wasn't able to stop her plan, and things were still going smoothly.
"Hello, brother. I was wondering when you would show up," she said when Zuko finally entered the throne room. She reveled in his blank state of shock upon finding she'd taken over the room.
"Azula, what are you doing?" he demanded.
"Isn't it obvious?" she replied, gesturing around the throne room. "I'm finally taking back what is truly mine."
Where Azula was sure she'd see anger, an expression of what seemed to be pity flashed in Zuko's eyes.
"Azula, let's get you home. You're not well," he suggested and started towards her.
"That wretched place is not my home! And I am not well because of what your little peasant girlfriend did to me!" Azula lied, knowing that she wasn't well before the little incident with the peasant. She hadn't been well since her awful friends, Mai and Ty Lee betrayed her, this was their fault!! And to top everything off, her father had abandoned her. It was fine when he banished Zuko, but to forsake Azula, his golden prodigy child?

"Azula?" Zuko gingerly prodded his sister. She seemed to be in some sort of daze, and tears had began to stream silently down her cheeks. It pained him to see his sister in such a state, but what was he to do? For all he knew this was just another one of her tricks; a ploy to draw him close so she could attack when he was caught off guard.
"Azula?" he repeated, because she didn't seem to hear him the first time.
"It's not fair Zuko!" she shouted, suddenly coming back to life.
"What's not fair?" asked Zuko, not knowing what was going on or what she was talking about.
"I was always the best at everything and I always did what he said! He had no right to treat me in such a way! I always understood when he treated you poorly, you deserved it, but me? It's not fair. . ."
Was she talking about Ozai?
"You mean Father?" he asked her.
"Of course I mean Father! Who else?"
Zuko nodded, an idea suddenly popping into his head. He would need Katara to fix her first, of course, but he finally knew how he could truly help Azula.

Katara listened as Ty Lee quickly explained what Azula had told her (not to go after the Acolytes) and that Azula had escaped, probably to go after Zuko.
"We have to go find him, he might be in trouble!" exclaimed Aang, readying his glider for a fight.
"It'll be easier if we split up," said Sokka. "Let's go!"
They paired off, Katara going with Ty Lee, and bolted towards different places in the palace. Katara and Ty Lee decided to head to the throne room. Even though Zuko was probably in his chamber, they still felt they should check the throne room. As they approached their destination, they stopped dead in their tracks. Katara could hear voices, Zuko's and Azula's, coming from the throne room. It sounded like Azula was pretty upset, but Katara couldn't be sure, so she inched closer to the threshold in order to hear better. She poked her head around the door just in time to hear Zuko say, "Azula, would you like to visit Father, and tell him these things?"

Date: 12/31/13 10:38 PM

Hoag,

You're in luck, I'm about to start writing the next chapter right now.

-MadTay
(Writer and Kat's Avatar Science Sister)