YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
Mind Games

Date: 04/23/14 4:16 PM

Prologue
The rain pelted my skin, sending shivers down my spine. My limbs ached, and I desperately wanted to lie down and rest. But I couldn?t. I had to keep running, and I couldn?t stop. My hair dripped water in my eyes, and my vision began to blur. I wiped the water away and shoved my hair out of my face. Adrenaline pumped through my veins, and my mind was racing. My breaths were short and heavy.
?Just stay still so I can hit you!? a girl shouted from behind me. She sent a stream of water at me and it hit me square in the back.
I fell to the ground and hit my face on the hard dirt. A warm liquid trickled down my face, and the cool rain washed it away. A pair of footsteps caught up to me and soon enough I felt a foot on my back, pressing me to the ground.
?You?re weak, you know that?? she hissed in my ear.
No I?m not!
I wanted to shout, but my mouth wouldn?t move. I could barely keep my eyes open, and I was too weak to try and get her off me.
She struck me in the side with her foot, and I rolled over onto my back. Her hard amber eyes stared into me, sending chills down my spine. There were so many things I wanted to say to her, but I couldn?t bring myself to. I opened my mouth to say something, and she noticed this, for she asked me,
?Is there something you want to say?? She spoke in such a mocking tone, that it was almost hard to believe I once knew this girl. Almost.
Then, with a horrid laugh, she brought her foot back and struck the side of my head. She did this a few times, before turning to leave. She looked back at me, and for a brief moment, I thought I saw a flicker of regret. But it quickly disappeared and I felt unconsciousness pull me under its spell.
I know you are all wondering how this story ends, but what would an end be, without a beginning?
   52 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/24/14 12:22 AM

Great chapters, I'm glad to see that Yuki and Tsuyo-sa worked things out.

Post soon!

-MadTay

Date: 07/23/14 7:55 AM

I can't wait to read more of the story And FFN means . net, not Network. I could always give you a few pointers, find Ash the Next Avatar on there and I wrote it (I can't say my username on here because it's an account on a different website)
MODS PLEASE POST, I'M JUST HELPING A FELLOW AUTHOR OUT.

A dire wolf

Date: 07/22/14 11:55 AM

Purplemas,

Great chapter part! I'm so happy for Chie and Yuki. Things are looking up for those two. But there's still time for things to go wrong... *^*

-By The Way

It's Dorkgirl to the rescue!

Date: 07/17/14 11:34 AM

@faloan123:
Thank you for keeping this story up while I was gone!
Yeah, I know what you mean with the stress of keeping up with the stories on here. I've tried FFN but I never really got the hang of it. I couldn't figure it out hahaha. And is it Fan Fiction Network or .net (FanFiction)? Lol, hope that makes sense (Mods if I can't say that, can you please just delete that questions and not the entire post? I'd really appreciate it).

@13Nu13:
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it! And I'm sorry to hear about your math education. That stinks that you have to make up the work even though it wasn't your fault. But that's good that you're ahead now : )

Purplemas1
Why is it so easy to see other people?s beauty, but so hard to see your own?
?While I was waiting? I ate your lunch.? - Haymitch
?I waited for you.? - My grandfather to me

Date: 07/17/14 11:27 AM

As I walked home for the day, I counted the money I collected. When I saw that I had only made a little bit, I sighed and walked in my front door.
?How was work?? Chie asked.
?Not so good. Did you get the job?? I asked.
?Yes, they said that I can start working tomorrow.?
?That?s great! Can you do me a favor? Put this money in the box upstairs.? I placed the coins in her hand and she brought them upstairs. ?I?m going out for a little while. I shouldn?t be gone for very long. If you need me, I?ll be at Tsuyo-sa?s house,? I shouted up to her, then headed over to Tsuyo-sa?s house. I knocked on his door and he slowly opened it.
?Come in,? he said and I followed him in. The moment I stepped in his door, the house felt empty. There was something missing, yet it felt familiar. Then I realized that it was the same feeling that fell over my house right after my parents died.
?So, what?s up?? I asked as he sat down on the couch. I sat next to him.
?Remember when we agreed that we were going to start over?? he asked. I nodded. ?Well, how far back are we starting over? Because I don?t want to go back to when we were just friends.?
?Are you saying what I think you?re saying?? I asked.
?Yes,? he took my hands. ?I love you.?
I felt myself blush. ?I love you, too.?

Date: 07/15/14 9:58 PM

Sorry I haven't been on guys! I was away all last week and couldn't post and the beginning of this week was hectic. I am home tomorrow morning, so I'll try to update and reply to you guys so sorry for the wait! (It's late so I can't post tonight, I hardly have time to write this message again I'm so sorry)

<3 Purplemas1

Date: 07/09/14 11:09 AM

Posting to keep this from scrolling off.

A dire wolf

Date: 07/05/14 9:28 AM

Great chapter. I really want to learn about Yuki's backstory now, after the last sentence in the chapter. P-please write as soon as possible. XD

-By The Way

Who are you?? Timothy asked. ?Aren?t you cold??
. . .Then she said, ?I am always cold,? and her voice was as thin and fragile as a sheet of ice over warming water. -"The Cold Witch," by Claire Legrand

Date: 07/04/14 8:54 PM

Amazing chapter! :D Keep up the amazing work, I can't wait to read more of this fantastic story!

A dire wolf

Date: 07/04/14 12:33 PM

02:
?I?m sorry, Chie,? I said to her as she sat next to me.
?It?s alright,? she responded, massaging my shoulders a little to help relieve some of my tension and stress.
?I don?t know where that girl gets it, or why she thinks she owns the house. I don?t even know where she is,? I sighed.
?She just needs some time to cool off. She?ll come home eventually. Once she realizes she can?t live without you, she?ll come back,? she assured me.
?I guess.?
?Do you want me to get a job?? Chie smiled.
I looked up at her and smiled back. Chie was one of the most mature people I know, especially of all my siblings.
?Because I heard that there were some job openings at the new tea shop down the street. And supposedly, they pay well.?
?Thank you,? I told her.
She sat back down at the table and stared at me for a minute. ?Do you want to talk about Tsuyo-sa??
I shook my head. ?It?d be best if we kept this between us. I don?t want anyone to get their hopes up if I decide not to.?
?I understand,? she said quietly. ?I guess I?ll try and get that job.?
?Good luck,? I told her, then gave her a hug. Once she left, the house felt cold and empty. It was a strange new feeling. Our house was always loud, warm, and welcoming. But now it was uninviting. I got up from the table and walked out the door so I could get to work. But as I walked down the street, Tsuyo-sa was just coming out of his house. He ran up to me and started walking with me. It was quite awkward in my opinion.
?Yuki, I did a lot of thinking last night,? he finally said. ?And I realized that you?re right. It would be a little rushed if we got married right now. I pushed you to do something you weren?t ready for, and for that, I?m truly sorry.?
I stopped walking. Did he just apologize to me? Tsuyo-sa never admitted he was wrong, even when he was and he knew it. ?I forgive you,? I told him quietly and continued walking.
?Do you think we can just start over before things got awkward between us? I miss you.?
?Yeah, I?d really like that,? I admitted.
?So what now?? he asked as we walked into the marketplace.
?This is where we say goodbye because I reached my destination.? Tsuyo-sa laughed, then hugged me. I was just about to get to my stand, but he stopped me.
?Wait.?
?Yes??
?Can we talk later?? he asked, sounding a little nervous.
?You don?t want to talk now?? I asked.
?I want to talk in private with you, if that?s okay.?
?Yeah, sure.?
?Meet me at my place after work?? he smiled.
?Sure.? I smiled back.
He watched me as I walked behind my small fruit stand and waited for customers. Then, he walked away, heading off to the tea shop where he worked. Or, at least, that?s where I assume he was going. I sighed, and hoped business would be good enough to make up for what I?d lost during the raid.

Date: 07/02/14 9:15 AM

@Purplemas,
Okay, I'm gonna try to send this AGAIN, hopefully it doesn't get stopped. I stopped writing on here because it was literally stressing me out more than school worrying about "will my story still be there when I get home" and stuff. So I moved to FFN. Can't wait for your next chapter, this story is amazing

A dire wolf

Date: 06/29/14 11:39 AM

Purplemas,

I love this story! How could I hold back my compliments, what?! ^^ Also, I'm excited to watch the story draw closer and closer to the prologue.

Well, my previous school was extremely lacking in the math-education-department, thanks to an... interesting... teacher. So I needed to catch up on math. But now I'm actually getting ahead in math.

Post soon!!

-By The Way

I drew a picture using only Stockmar crayons. And even though I know it's for little kids... it felt really good...

Date: 06/28/14 10:54 AM

@faloan123:
That's good that you're out of school! And volunteer work can sometimes be fun, depending on what you're doing. : ) Also, thanks for the encouragement!

@xomadtayxo:
Thank you very much!

@13Nu13:
I'm glad you like it : ) And that's pretty much why it is called Mind Games, so yeah. Thanks so much for the positive words and feedback. And summer school must really stink. Can I ask why you're doing summer school? you don't have to answer of course. : ) (P.S. Geometry is the worst! I just finished it this year and I'm so glad it's done with.)

@blisteax:
Thanks for your patience, really appreciate it!

@Everyone:
Thanks so much for being patient with me for the past few days! I really appreciate it and I'm happy you guys were able to keep this story on the board while I was gone. I also saw most (if not all) of your comments a little earlier in the week, but I didn't have the time to reply, so that's why it's been a few days. Thanks again for your patience and support! Love you guys!

Purplemas1

Date: 06/26/14 11:33 AM

Faloan123,

Hey, long time no... read! How've you been? Will you post a fanfic soon? I still remember the "way" you ended Fang's story, and I'm secretly waiting to read more of your writing.

Purplemas,

I'm "out of school..." I have both sessions of summer school. But it's in the afternoon, so... I guess I can sort of relax... -glances over at the pile of homework that still needs to be done-

-By The Way

Teacher!! When I said I like geometry, I meant I like drawing shapes, not calculating the surface areas of irregular prisms..!

Date: 06/25/14 12:00 PM

I'm out of school, thankfully. But I'm doing a volunteering job every thursday and friday to keep me busy for at least part of the week

A dire wolf

Date: 06/25/14 10:41 AM

Hey guys! So I'm back! School's officially over for me! I'm gonna try and post a chapter before I leave for work today, but I have a questions for all of my lovely readers: Are you guys out of school yet? If not, when do you get out?
Love you guys!

Purplemas1

Date: 06/24/14 9:23 PM

I am in total agreement with Way, that chapter was very explosive! Incredible work, Purplemas. : )

-MadTay

Date: 06/22/14 10:56 AM

Such an explosive chapter! I didn't think of that myself... Tsuyo-sa's family could have a ton of money and help Yuki's family. I'm not sure what Yuki should do anymore... I think I know why this is called "Mind Games" now.

-By The Way

Just watched episode 18 of Fullmetal Alchemist-- awesome!

Date: 06/20/14 8:31 AM

Amazing past two chapters! Keep up the great while we keep the story up.

A dire wolf

Date: 06/19/14 10:26 PM

Sorry guy! I know I promised a chapter before but I never got around to it! Here's the chapter I promised. I probably won't post again until wither Tuesday or Wednesday though. Sorry in advance!
-----
02:
I dreaded this day, and wished I could just stay in bed until it was over. Slowly, I got out of bed and went downstairs where my family was waiting for me.
?Good morning Yuki,? they greeted.
?Good morning guys,? I responded.
?How did you sleep?? Chie asked as she slid me a roll.
?I slept great, thanks for asking,? I lied. The truth was, I didn?t sleep much at all. I was up all night thinking about Tsuyo-sa and all the trouble he caused me yesterday. I knew he wasn?t trying to, but it was just frustrating.
?Yuki, we?re out of fruit,? Uragiri told me, breaking through my thoughts.
?All right, write it on the list. I?ll pick some up while I?m at the store today,? I mumbled. ?Now start getting ready for school, or else you?re going to be late,? I reminded them.
They moaned, and I laughed. I was in their shoes once. ?Chie, Uragiri, can you help them get ready? You two won?t be going to school today,? I said as the others ran up the stairs.
They paused for a second, clearly confused, but they did as they were told. As I ushered the others out the door, Uragiri and Chie stood awkwardly behind me.
?Have fun,? they said as Muzai and Heiwa walked out the door and down the path.
?Muzai, watch out for Heiwa on the walk down,? I shouted to him as they disappeared out of sight.
Once the door was closed, I turned to Chie and Uragiri. We all sat down at the table, and by the looks in their eyes, they knew this was going to be a serious talk.
?Now, Chie and Uragiri. As you may know, money has been tight ever since our parent?s death,? I paused, taking a deep breath. ?It?s been hard for me to provide for all five of us with just one small job. And I need some help,? I paused again, giving them a moment to assess what I was saying.
?Why don?t you ask Tsuyo-sa for help?? Uragiri suggested.
?Don?t bring him into this!? I snapped.
I felt bad for letting my anger get the best of me, so I took a deep breath and relaxed. ?So, since it has been difficult, I have a proposition for you guys. You both are currently old enough to get jobs, so I would like you to try and get one. There are some openings scattered around town, and I can show you them if you?d like.?
?I think I?ll pass,? Uragiri said as she got up from the table.
I raised my eyebrow. ?And what makes you think you have the choice? I started working at fifteen, so I think you can too.?
?That?s not fair!? she shouted at me.
?You think that me having to work at fifteen is fair? You think losing my parents at fifteen is fair? I have news for you. Life isn?t fair, and sometimes you have to do things you don?t want to,? I scolded.
?Coming from the one who doesn?t want to marry Tsuyo-sa,? Uragiri hissed, banging her fists on the table. This threw me back.
?How do you know about that??
?Last night. I overheard you two talking,? she responded sharply.
?But we didn?t say-?
?You didn?t have to. I could just figure it out by everything else you said. Now if you?ll excuse me, I?m going to school. Better late than never.?
Uragiri stared to walk out the door, but I stopped her. ?You aren?t going anywhere until we work this out,? I scolded, grabbing her wrist.
She pulled her wrist out of my hand and snapped, ?If we have to do things we don?t want to, why is it that you don?t? Did you ever consider that marrying Tsuyo-sa could actually help our situation??
?Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. But you know why I said no?? Uragiri was about to come up with some smart comment back, so I didn?t give her the chance. ?Because he wants to have kids. That would mean that I would have to take care of you guys, and our kids. Someone would be neglected, and I don?t want that. I would be torn between people I love, and it would drive me to the point of insanity! Believe it or not, I think about other people besides myself! In fact, I rarely think of myself! When do you ever see me doing something I enjoy? I?m usually taking care of you guys, or working! So you have no right to say some of the things you just said to me!?
?I?m leaving,? Uragiri mumbled angrily.
?Where do you plan on going?? I asked harshly.
?Anywhere away from you!? she shouted, then slammed the door closed behind her. I sat down at the table with my head in my hands. The room was silent.