YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Avatar - Fan Fiction » View Thread
The Double-planning Lair of The Way & blisteax

Date: 06/15/14 5:00 PM

Greetings, Way!

As you most likely see, I have created this thread in order for us to formulate our malicious plans for complete and total world domination.

...or we're here just to make a double. But who knows, right? I think you'd be a sufficient partner if I was to ever fulfill my my tyrannic desires. Mwhahaha...

But in all seriousness, welcome! And let the planning begin! I'll share my ideas once I've known you visited this wonderful land. And perhaps your stay will be permanent... *commence iniquitous laughter*

-- ally

38 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 08/22/14 3:44 PM

Update: I had a dream the boards updated and it looked really cool, so when I woke up, I lurched at my computer and tackled it. I quickly went to the boards and saw that they really weren't updated and ever since there has been a feeling of despair within me.

Hehe, okay, I suppose I just need to be patient.

-- ally

Date: 08/21/14 8:03 PM

I know everyone at Nick is working extremely hard, and I don't want to seem pushy, but I hope the boards updates real soon! I really want to continue planning, Way!

-- ally

Date: 07/30/14 7:11 PM

I've been anticipating the new Nick.com for a while now. I'm excited to see the site with all the finishing touches.

-- ally

Pleasure derives from pain, all in due time.

Date: 07/30/14 11:59 AM

Ally,

Perfection! All right... The site is already, like, 98 percent there..

In the meantime, have a lemonade! -hands you virtual lemonade-

-By The Way

The new Nick.com is here... almost!

Date: 07/29/14 3:51 PM

Hm, it appears my post didn't pull through.

Any'way' (<<< SEE WHAT I DID THERE?), I was leaning towards Cynder and Fledge both being the same age, but maybe Cynder is older by a few months? I think this adds to the undertone rivalry they have because one is always trying to be slightly better than the other, especially when they're so similar.

Okay, this is how I think the ages should be played out, and you can change anything, of course:

Cynder: 15 (almost 16
Fledge: 15
Renka: 14

Alrighty, I think that's it! Tell me what you think :3

-- ally

Date: 07/25/14 2:29 PM

Ally,

I really like that Renka idea! As for the characters' ages, I think we should aim toward older teenager or young adult rather than preteens.

Either "way," Cynder could be the oldest, Fledge second oldest, and Renka the youngest. What is your opinion?

-By The Way

What happened to Alien Dawn? That was a good show.

Date: 07/24/14 12:23 AM

Way,

Ooh, I like that idea about Cynder. If he is the one that goes off and becomes chums with the biobenders, then he obviously can't play peacekeeper or remain Mr. Cool-head. There should already be come pre-tension and you're idea does it!

Renka... hmmm...

So, if she hides behind this rough exterior, she is probably more of a lone wolf, and teamwork is difficult for her.

What if she knows she better at bending and tactics than both Fledge and Cynder, but if Fledge is in danger, she overestimates herself and often let's emotion fog her thoughts?

Eh, that's all I got for now.

-- ally

Date: 07/23/14 2:16 PM

Ally,

Yesh, aweshum! (>////<) Our fanfic is really starting to have some depth.

Also, I have an idea for Cynder: Maybe Cynder is really a loose cannon and he fights with Fledge (and everyone else) from time to time.

How do you think can we make Renka more flawed realistic?

-By The Way

Origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, takes discipline, focus, and hand-eye coordination... -holds up torn, crumpled ball of paper- ...which I don't seem to have...

Date: 07/22/14 5:03 PM

Way,

Hahah, I love it! What if Renka also has this secret crush on Fledge since the day they met (kinda similar Aang liking Katara or even Mikasa obsessing over Eren)? And despite how independent she usually is, she is always willing to succumb to Fledge's aid. Yus, I like this idea...

wait... COMMENCE RANDOM THOUGHTS ABOUT MY NEW OTP!

What if only Fledge (without knowing it whatsoever) can trigger the nicer and softer part of her. But, with Fledge being Fledge, he never even notices her undying loyalty and love to him.

...I may be getting ahead of myself, hehe. I apologize if my thoughts are all over the place.

-- ally

Pulled an all-nighter reading LevixPetra fan fiction. What has life become?

Date: 07/22/14 12:06 PM

Ally,

I love your idea, and here is another character.

Name: Renka (meaning "lotus.") K
Bending: Air
Age: (I don't know how old Cynder or Fledge are, so I haven't decided yet.)
Personality: Renka is sly, creative, and very mischievous. Yet she hides these traits behind a cold facade.
Looks: All I know is that I want her to have freaky white hair like Yue. o_o

-By The Way

It's Dorkgirl to the rescue!

Date: 07/19/14 9:43 PM

Way,

Yes, I have been saving. And I like the waterbender idea.

I think it'd be fair if I worked on one (rough) overview of his two best friends and you work on one. The we can make the lil' changes and all that jazz.

Okay, I've had this idea ever since we thought one of his friends should betray him:

Name: Cynder
Bending: Fire

Personality: I was thinking that Cynder was one of those characters where his skills come naturally and he doesn't strive much. But, much like in Fullmetal Alchemist, to have skill as great as he does, there must be a great sacrifice (which shall be specified next).

Background: He grew up with Fledge in the Fire Nation as a regular boy. He lost his parents in some kind of mishap on the subway (or something). When Fledge was told he was the Avatar, the two then began firebending training together (for they both trained at the same pace, but Cynder was always a little bit better).

That is all ^.^ Tell me what ya think!

-- ally

Date: 07/17/14 12:11 PM

Ally,

Don't forget to save all of this, by the "way." (But even if you don't, I'll save it, so no worries.)

I think the skilled waterbender should be a mysterious stranger. Because then that watercolor could turn on Fledge; the waterbender works for the biobenders! *O*

Or not.

I feel like we can't move on with planning unless we begin to refine Fledge and his two friends first so that we can reveal a little backstory in the following chapters. So here are some random names for the friends~ Do find some names by yourself as well!

(Because this is a futuristic Avatar story, we have total freedom over the names. It might be mostly Oriental names in regular A:TLA fanfics, but we can use some Western names and also some cool names that reflect a cyberpunk world. [Like Khrome.])

Boys

Ken, Titan, Jin, Hung'zou, Blitz.

Girls

Sakura, Khrome, Tsubaki, Kara, Blitze.

Also consider the possibility of using Greek letters as names. (Alpha, Omega, Lambda, etc.)

-By The Way

Date: 07/16/14 2:38 AM

Way,

I apologize for not replying sooner. I'm currently visiting some family and it's a tad difficult to drop in on the boards.

Okay, I like everything, so I'll pick up where you left off:

-Finally, Fledge and his friends pack their things and prepares to travel the world to stop the biobending organization.
-They come to a town seemingly under a spell, but learn it's bloodbending, so they have to take care of that first.
-A highly skilled waterbender (I'm still on the fence about whether they are an ally or a random stranger) saves them and rids of the biobender controlling them.
-Team Avatar lingers in the town a little to gather information on the biobenders and heads off to another town with a reported biobender.

Eh, that's all I got for now...

-- ally

Date: 07/10/14 10:44 AM

Very good! Let's not rush into the journey thing right away. That's a common mistake with even professionally written novels. So here...

- Fledge defeats the biobender, but barely, and his friends helped, too
- They don't know what to make of it and question Fledge's tutor (BTW, I was hoping he could have a tutor. Like, someone wise and kind, like Iroh, I guess.)
- Fledge at first butts heads with the tutor, as most kids do with their elders.
-His friends talk to him a little, and Fledge reflects on it by himself. We can use this time to shed light on backstory.
-Finally, Fledge and his friends pack their things and prepares to travel the world to stop the biobending organization.
-They come to a town seemingly under a spell, but learn it's bloodbending, so they have to take care of that first.

Oh, and since it's a futuristic story, there will be a lot of super futuristic gadgets, even in the small villages and towns. But in the big cities? Forget it. All that is cyberpunk and futuristic will be there. So we can use this thread to practice describing those. Sound good?

-By The Way

Every time I come here, I think, "How will the interface look today? Will the site have been updated? Or will it all be the same?"

Date: 07/08/14 10:14 PM

Way,

Ooh, you're right! I actually really like that idea better!

Okay, I'll pick up where you left off...

- Fledge defeats the biobender, but barely, and his friends helped, too
- They don't know what to make of it and question Fledge's tutor (BTW, I was hoping he could have a tutor. Like, someone wise and kind, like Iroh, I guess.)
- Realizing his priorities, Fledge must master the four elements if he wants to ever stop a biobender because they have all the elements down / stop the biobenders that are terrorizing towns around the world.

Okay, is that good? Bad? Let me know! Change anything if you want.

-- ally

Date: 07/08/14 12:12 PM

Ally,

Or maybe not. What about the last Avatar? They could have collected his/her DNA to create the biobenders! It would be sort of suspicious if some guy in a dark suit leaned over and plucked out some of Fledge's hair...

-By The Way

Man, I'm bored...

Date: 07/07/14 8:37 PM

Way,

I like your ideas!

But we should keep in mind that somehow the mastermind behind the biobenders needed to have acquired Fledge's DNA to produce the biobenders. So, where should that fit in?

-- ally

Date: 07/05/14 9:34 AM

I like thy enthusiasm! ^^ Alright, Fledge, you're our character now, so you do whatever we tell you as Ally's bionbending idea comes to life~

Fledge: You kiddin' me? =_=

How about something like this... Feel free to change anything/everything.

-A little scene with Fledge, not so much action but just enough to cover his character traits.
-More about his friends, and himself, la-dee-da, developing the characters...
-THEN. Fledge learns that he is the Avatar.
-Switch of POV: We see the villains in this chapter(s) for the first time. However, we don't know much about them. All we know is that they also know about Fledge being the Avatar.
-Peril erupts as Fledge is attacked by a biobender.

Okay. It's what I have for now. What do you think?

-By The Way

Who are you?? Timothy asked. ?Aren?t you cold??
. . .Then she said, ?I am always cold,? and her voice was as thin and fragile as a sheet of ice over warming water. -"The Cold Witch," by Claire Legrand

Date: 07/04/14 4:36 PM

Way,

I see where you were going with that idea, but, yes, sadly we would encounter some chinks in the proverbial armor.

Didn't you say after you had the main character down you plan out the entire story? If we're about done with Fledge, then I say we begin on the plot!

-- ally

Date: 07/02/14 3:10 PM

Ally,

Ahhh I'm sorry... T^T I posted but it didn't show up. Okay, mods, please post this time!

I wasn't thinking of fusing our ideas, I was just bringing up a separate one. But in the case of combining them, there would be multiple conflicts:

1. The Council holding this tournament would want to prove their quadbenders are better than the organization's artificial Avatars.

2. Fledge (who wouldn't be a real Avatar) would have to team up with the Council to take down the biobenders.

That's all for now. ^^

-By The Way

Okay, who else is totally rooting for LOK's Zaheer and his partners?!