YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
A Story with No Name

Date: 08/29/12 2:46 PM

Ok, 'member that I had posted something called "Two Family Renunions?? Well, I'm kinda re-posting that. But it's gonna be different, let me tell you.

Here is...FIRST PART. He's my friend.

Chapter One: Secret Revealed
It was six thirty, and Po was hungry.
He trudged lazily towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and yawning.
He heard the slight patter of feet and turned around to face Monkey.
"What are you doing?" he asked. Po responded with a loud yawn.
"Just...getting something...to eat." he drawled. Monkey sighed.
"Po, every ten minutes you eat something! I've even seen you sleep-
eating! Every ten minutes each night!"
Po yawned again.
"You need to go back to sleep," Monkey snickered.
"No...Must eat..." Po snored. Monkey half-lead, half-dragged him to
his room.
Then suddenly, as Monkey dropped Po on his mattress, a loud BANG!!!
exploded in the air.
Po sat bolt upright. Monkey whistled through his teeth.
"It's happening." he whispered.
"What on earth," Po said nervously "was that?"
"Tigress," responded Monkey "That's what."
Po and Monkey looked out the window. There she was. And now Po could
see what had happened. An ironwood tree had been literally chopped in
half, and it had fallen on top of a gong. Tigress was looking down the
hill, clenching and unclenching her hand. Po spotted a small scarlet
spot the front of her paw.
"Eww." Monkey whispered "She's hurt."
"That was...AWESOME!!!" Po squealed.
"You're happy because she hurt herself?"
"What? No, no! Just what she did with that tree!"
Po stared back, eyes wide. Monkey rolled his eyes.
Tigress was punching another ironwood tree. Peices of bark flew
everywhere.
"Why does she do that?" Po asked, his wondering green eyes on Tigress.
TBC

433 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 09/24/14 4:03 PM

uh huh

Date: 09/23/14 10:38 PM

Well, true.

Date: 09/12/14 10:31 PM

Rafiki- well i can't exactly see him because he's buried under a mountain.

Date: 09/11/14 9:05 PM

Yeah, ha, Rafiki, you can express those thoughts once you see Morgul..

And thank you for the comment, crlefan44.

Date: 08/26/14 11:26 PM

well i guess that's better than any of them dying.
i feel bad for Po because he just meet up with his real father but now he gone and Po had to give up being the dragon warrior for leading the Panda Village.
and now Tigress has to go all the there to see him as a black morgulian. Tigress is NOT a monster.
Rafiki- this is all Morgul's fault. why that little, .....
Me- *covers her mouth* i'm going to get her out of here before she says something that should never be seen online.

Date: 08/24/14 12:13 AM

Po had been waiting for her.

Well, not really waiting as in watching the road like a hawk in a frozen position.

No, he?d been training.

The Panda Villagers mainly maintained a peaceful culture. Fighting was restricted to knocking people out with rakes and throwing rocks at plants.

But Po was the Dragon Warrior. He needed to keep up with his abilities.

The warrior corrected himself with gritted teeth as he finished his two-hundredth curl-up, blood rushing to his head from his awkward upside-down position on the tree branch a few meters up in the air. He had been the Dragon Warrior.

Now he was the Leader Po.

Two-hundred and five.

Son of the deceased Leader Dhani.

Two-hundred and six.

Who had gone down fighting in the Great Tigrespartian War.

Two-hundred and seven.

Previous Dragon Warrior, Master of the Seven Arts of Kung Fu.

Two-hundred and eight, two-hundred and nine.

Student of Grandmaster Shifu. Companion of the Furious Five.

Two-hundred and ten.

Best friend of Master Tigress.

Two-hundred and eleven.

Two-hundred and twelve.

Two-hundred and thirteen.

Best friend of Tigress.

Two-hundred and fourteen.

Friend of Tigress.

Two-hundred and fifteen.

Who had found a way to save his life by consulting Leader Rasket of the Tiger Village.

Two-hundred and sixteen.

At the cost that the sickening poison of the Morgulins would slowly ebb her away.

Two hundred and seventeen.

Into someone she should have never become.

Two-hundred and eight--

?Leader Po.?

The voice snapped the training panda out of his memories; in fact, he was so surprised he nearly snapped the branch in half. With an unfocused yell, he twisted around to see the speaker and nearly slipped off his perch but his fingers gripped the splintery limb at the last moment and he dangled sheepishly in front of the black tigress staring at him.

?Hey, Ti.? He said softly, letting himself fall down onto the mossy ground.

They stood across from each other at a distance they didn?t dare cross, and waited for the first move.

They?d both changed, so much.

The war had given and taken.

Po? Well, the fact that the battle had left him with a scar over one eye and stolen away a good hundred and twenty pounds was obvious enough. Nightmares had also been generously distributed, and the mantle of leadership of his people as well. Smiles, and innocent chuckles, and the trust and security of the previous Jade Palace Master had nearly diminished.

Tigress?

She was a monster. But she, as well, had given.

She had been able to give her best friend a second chance.

And that was worth being a Morgulin, she was reminded, as the bear dared to cross the distance to tackle her with a desperate, unrestrained hug.

Tigress let out a weary, shaking exhale and felt hot, bittersweet tears well up in her closed crimson eyes.

She let the tears slip out with relief and hugged Po back just as desperately, waiting for the sun to rise through the last grey clouds of night.

THE END

Date: 08/22/14 9:13 PM

Tigress woke up, again, to the first grey light of dawn seeping just over the corners of her bedroom window. She breathed in deeply, waiting for the full morning light to hit her impeccable quarters, her paws resting crossed over her stomach, her tail sweeping back and forth, her eyes gleaming darkly.

The sun was rising slowly.

In fact, much too slowly for her taste.

She let out the oxygen she?d been holding and slipped onto the cold wooden floor as lightly as possible. Her claws traced lines into the soft cloth of her already tattered blanket as she dragged herself away.

She should have gotten rid of it long ago, but as usual, she never got around to it.

Her pawsteps were grudging, shifting against the floor without energy. They carried her over to the small cracked mirror on her desk, forcing her to look down once again at the same face she?d been seeing for the last five months; dark fur, red diamond stripe, and those blood-red eyes.

Oogway had once said change was good. That the natural order of the universe was restored by tearing down the old.

Tigress would have given nearly anything to get her old look back; the comforting mix of orange and white and dark brown, instead of jet-black and scarlet. But it wasn?t just appearances.

Every night, when the pull of darkness was stronger, she?d have to lock herself in her room until the first shafts of pale sunrise, when the Morgulin instincts dampered down to a nearly nonexistent snarl of her conscious.

Tigress could feel the pricking, light heat of the sun growing stronger against her turned back, outlining her as it rose of the mountainous horizon of eastern China. She growled slightly and winced, her inner Morgulin fleeing to a shadowed corner and, just for a moment, her eyes glowed bright amber-orange. Then they melted back into blood-red and she sighed, dropping the mirror down harshly and already out the door when the gong rang.

?Good morning Master,? she said sharply, on cue with the other students. She ignored the usual hesitant, side-eyed glances at her from the rest of the Five, yet her clasped claws unsheathed involuntarily. They should of gotten used to it by now. No, she should of gotten used to it, to the stares and gasps and scowls of the people whom she protected with her life. Her dreary, feared life.

?Good morning, students,? Shifu greeted, forcibly not looking at his adoptive daughter. ?Usual routine. Breakfast, then Training Hall. Fifteen minutes.?

They all bowed and began exiting, but the Grandmaster halted Tigress by snapping his staff in front of her ankles. She paused and looked down in question.

?Yes, Master??

The red panda glimpsed at her for just a sliver of a moment, trying to recognise the student he had once been so proud of. The hero who had saved both China and Tigrispart, the Master who used to be revered throughout the lands.

Instead he saw carefully shielded brokenness behind a veil of red, and a mask of black he could not replace his daughter with.

He had adopted a little girl, trained the best Kung Fu Master in the world, and watched as she turned into a empty shell of her previous self, devoid of nearly everything.

But she needs this, he reminded himself. She needs to see him, every once in a while.

?The Panda Village,? he began slowly, ?Is in need of supplies. Would you mind taking their supplies to the leader??

He could see the blinking startledness and hopeful doubt on her transformed face. ?The Panda Village?? She bowed hasitly. ?O-of course, Master. I?ll pick up the supplies immediately.?

?Tigress?? Shifu cut his sentence of first, and swallowed hard. Then his eyes hardened defensively.

?Remember that you are not a monster, Tigress. No matter what anyone says.?

Tigress closed her eyes and bit back a whimpering hiccup of sadness.

She was a monster. A monster.

A Morgulin.

?I?ll be leaving,? She murmured, padding over to the door.

She was out of the door by the time Shifu had finished his sentence.

?You?re just my little girl.?

The words still rang in her head all the way to the Panda Village.

Date: 08/22/14 7:56 PM

I JUST WATCHED THE BOOK 3 SEASON FINALE FOR LEGEND OF KORRA AND I AM COMPLETELY BROKEN GAAAAHHHHH KORRA MY POOR SWEET BABY PLEASEEEE DON'T...uh...spoilers, I guess. BUUUUTTTT.....

I'm dyiiinggg....

(sobs dramatically in corner)

Okay, I wanna watch it again!!

(Oh, and by the way; if you watched it already, and you know what happens, let me warn you; I was greatly affected by the episodes and it might take a toll on this upcoming last chapter for this fanfic. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

i DON'T KNOW IF i'M HAPPY OR SAD OR DEPRESSED OR ECSTATIC I JUST UGH COME OUT ASAP BOOK 4!!

Date: 08/22/14 5:04 PM

@crlefan44
Me: uuuugghh!!!!!s-s-s-soooo c-c-coooooold!!!!!!!
neo just stood there soaking wet. his fur flattened and his clothing drooped a bit.
me:dude aren't you cold?
neo: na, its actually really refreshing!
me: y-your nuts!
-bluewire

Date: 08/16/14 9:47 PM

@Bluewire
Rafiki- *dumps bucket of ice water on you and Neo* here's some ice for that.

Date: 08/13/14 6:51 PM

I think I was able to fully archive this...took about 3 1/2 hours and unblinking concentration. (my eyes BUUUUURRRRNNNNN)
anywho, lets see here. 143 pages aaaaaaand 49,866 words. THAT. IS. INSAINE!
-bluewire
I cant feel my fingertips.

Date: 08/09/14 4:58 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 08/08/14 10:19 PM

Hey, guys, look, I know you want them to live happily ever after and stuff, but it's an alternative ending of my choice. I'm sorry, but I don't do perfect endings. A scarring battle's gotta have some after burn; a weighing effect.

Buuuut...all ideas are taken into consideration! Your opinions are most definitely valued, but in the end, my decision will determine the outcome. I could do a truce...let Ti and Po live, but not perfectly happy. Sound satisfactory?

Anyway, as for the name--your choice! Make a poll about it, rally some votes! Unfortunately, I cannot change the current title, but on a different site, this is called Island of the Past.

Hope that's all good and dandy,

-Rtfacts

Date: 08/08/14 6:34 PM

Thats a much better ending than ur previous one. In fact, its awesome! I still have 1 factor that is driving me CRAZY-
R U GOING TO NAME IT?!?!?!?
PLEASE say yes, because this story is way 2 awesome to leave it unnamed.
R u open 2 suggestions? Please let us know.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 08/07/14 9:57 PM

Ok here's my ending.
Po and Tigress are unconscious on the ground near death, but in the nick of time and Tiger and his men find them and take them back to the Tiger Village. the tiger that saved them was Ripper, Tigress's father. after 2 weeks they finally Tigress wakes up in the healer's room in the palace. Po is still out so she goes over to his bed and tells him not to leave her. Then she kisses him. Then Po finally wakes up and says that he isn't going anywhere. then there's a minute where they're all happy and stuff then they help each other walk outside where they are greeted by everyone who is cheering. Shifu, Crane, Monkey, Ripper, Scarlet (who is good again), King Rooper, Queen Luca, and everyone else congratulates them and tells them that they have saved the world from Morgul. Then the story ends with Po's dad throwing a freast in their honor and Po proposing to Tigress to which she says yes.

Date: 07/28/14 5:13 AM

LET THEM LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Please

Date: 07/27/14 5:55 PM

I want po and tigress to live please let them live

Date: 07/27/14 8:47 AM

Hi there!
Yeah, I'm kinda messing with you all, and I'm kinda not. You see, since the New Nick is coming along pretty soon, I needed to end this story; as you might guess, it's gonna be hard to repost thirty long chapters again. I don't feel like it's worth it...but...

There is good news! I have an alternative ending! And I can post it if I have time and I get my readers' support! :)

Sorry for kinda freaking you all out...but now, it's up to you, to decide Po and Tigress's fate!

-Rtfacts

Date: 07/26/14 11:26 PM

No. No. You're kidding, right? No!
ME NEEDS MORE CHAPTERS!!!!!!!!
Please tell me this is just the author messing with the readers' minds!!!! Dude, I NEED another chapter. PLEASE???

Sorry for the freakout, but seriously?! PLEASE?!?!
~7GaGa

Date: 07/26/14 11:49 AM

WHADDYA MEAN NO SEQUEL??!! YOU CAN JUST END IT LIKE THAT!! Po and Tigress can't go, not like that. Not to Morgul. You can't end it. YOU CAN'T!!!

I WON'T LET YOU!!!