YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
A Story with No Name

Date: 08/29/12 2:46 PM

Ok, 'member that I had posted something called "Two Family Renunions?? Well, I'm kinda re-posting that. But it's gonna be different, let me tell you.

Here is...FIRST PART. He's my friend.

Chapter One: Secret Revealed
It was six thirty, and Po was hungry.
He trudged lazily towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and yawning.
He heard the slight patter of feet and turned around to face Monkey.
"What are you doing?" he asked. Po responded with a loud yawn.
"Just...getting something...to eat." he drawled. Monkey sighed.
"Po, every ten minutes you eat something! I've even seen you sleep-
eating! Every ten minutes each night!"
Po yawned again.
"You need to go back to sleep," Monkey snickered.
"No...Must eat..." Po snored. Monkey half-lead, half-dragged him to
his room.
Then suddenly, as Monkey dropped Po on his mattress, a loud BANG!!!
exploded in the air.
Po sat bolt upright. Monkey whistled through his teeth.
"It's happening." he whispered.
"What on earth," Po said nervously "was that?"
"Tigress," responded Monkey "That's what."
Po and Monkey looked out the window. There she was. And now Po could
see what had happened. An ironwood tree had been literally chopped in
half, and it had fallen on top of a gong. Tigress was looking down the
hill, clenching and unclenching her hand. Po spotted a small scarlet
spot the front of her paw.
"Eww." Monkey whispered "She's hurt."
"That was...AWESOME!!!" Po squealed.
"You're happy because she hurt herself?"
"What? No, no! Just what she did with that tree!"
Po stared back, eyes wide. Monkey rolled his eyes.
Tigress was punching another ironwood tree. Peices of bark flew
everywhere.
"Why does she do that?" Po asked, his wondering green eyes on Tigress.
TBC

431 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 06/25/14 4:53 PM

The best its its its liken I could like ??????? I want to read more of the book!!!!!!!! KEEP POSTING!!!!!!!!!!

Leighaw

Date: 06/23/14 2:53 PM

Thanks a million to both Crlefan44 and Wolfjade28 for commenting and keeping this up for me! :D

Aaand...on we go...

-----

They fought long and hard, and still no one was winnning, yet Morgul still had the upper paw. His Ring had more power than the lockets, so they discovered, and it was all the two Kung Fu Masters to do to keep him at bay.

Yet even rings that control shadow lose their power gradually.

Morgul hissed and sent a disc of shadow whirling in their direction, and Po jumped into the air to avoid it, then Tigress extinguished it with a spurt of flame. They dodged more flying shadow-objects, ranging from waves to shurikens whipping towards them. One blast caught Po in the stomach and he collapsed to his knees. But he got up again, looking just a little black in the middle, and with a wave of his fingertips sent a blast of green light in Morgul's direction.

At the same time Tigress sent a jet of flame streaking towards her formidable uncle. For a moment, the two elemts whirled and collided together in a rolling spinning comet of green and orange, rocketing towards Morgul with a loud hiss and leaving in its wake a trail of white smoke. Morgul gave a hysterical shout of sheer horror and dove out of the way, but unluckily it skimmed just over his back and left it burnt, making the Black Wizard to yelp in pain as heat seared his fur, and he was sent crashing into the floor from the force.

The ball of orange and green erupted into the ground and dirt cascaded up, then down like a fountain, and it left a fresh, ugly wound across the grass as it slid into the earth, leaving behind a burning trail of flames.

Morgul got up. His eyes were harrowing pools of scarlet that would of given anyone nightmares for a month, and his robe was shredded in some places. He seemed drained, and his face was ashen and it seemed strained to even blink for him. His breathing was notably forced, and his paws shook uncontrollably, as if he was too weak to do anything, but yet he growled.

"You--you cannot defeat me!" He stammered, trying to stand upright. "I am the unbeatable Black Wizard!"

"Guess what?" Tigress snarled. "You jus got beaten. Now, Po!"

Both held out their paws and let the elements mix freely into a whirling ball, that for a moment was a spinning, blazing image of a yin-and-yang symbol, and then, with decisive nods, they let it flash forward. Wind howled as it raced up to Morgul, spitting sparks and whirling faster than you could blink.

"Skadoosh." Po grinned.

Morgul panicked and made a shield of shadow, then as he realized it was hopeless he dove away from it. The ball of fire and green light pummeled into the ground, making the earth sway beneath their feet, the rest of the ruins shudder and buckle in heaps of dust, and a giant crater gape open where Morgul had been standing only a second before, a chasm shadowed so you couldn't see the bottom, and black mist hissed and whispered out of the rim. The black tiger seemed to have landed safely, but his misjudged his step, and opened his mouth to scream as he plummeted into the yawning abyss.

But he shot out his arm at the last moment, digging his claws into the stone, gasping for breath. His fur bristled, his eyes were huge and terrified, mouth still open to yowl. He swiped his arm up to grab a stronger, surer hold, but missed and felt his claws loosening from the earth.

He glared back at the spirits of Po and Tigress, gritting his teeth so hard foam frothed at the sides. "I will not leave just yet!" He roared madly, eyes glinting. "Not without taking one of you with me as well!"

Date: 06/18/14 2:16 AM

Wow,what a story! Action-packed to the point where I couldn't stop reading. I can't wait for further posts! Please post more soon!

Date: 06/17/14 10:18 PM

i will keep this up if it's the last thing i do.

Date: 06/15/14 11:39 AM

@Tigress79
Thank you so much! Please keep reading and commenting!

@Wolfjade28
Well, being 12 years old and uncreative, I named it something within my range of thought. On another site, I renamed it 'Island of the Past', but yes, I'm still open to suggestions. Well, I'm so glad you like it, and please keep reading and reviewing!

Okay, to everyone else:

I will be gone for a week or so, and I desperately need you all to help keep this and the Legend of Crescent up. Please?

Love you all! :D

-Rtfacts

Date: 06/14/14 3:59 AM

first off, this story is awesome.second,its way too good to be called "the story with no name". who'd have thought tigress would have an evil relative, especially after being raised in an orphanage. it needs to have a name as awesome as the story. open to suggestions? let us know.

Date: 06/13/14 8:27 PM

Ahhhh this story is sooo good! Keep it up!
-Tigress79

Date: 06/08/14 3:48 PM

Yes, Crlefan, that term does belong to the Warriors series, hehe. Oh, and good luck on your trip!
Thank you to all who commented!
Anyhoo, onwards...
---

Chapter Thirty-Two: Copycats and Disaster

When Tigress woke up, she wasn't in her body anymore.
She could see it, nearly lifeless and hunched over against a wall, and her breat caught in her throat when she saw Po in the same position. No, wait, not lifeless. Not just yet.
The feline looked down at herself and almost screamed. She was hovering in the air, skimming overhead with paws that seemed to be made of shifting particles of light. She still looked the same, but energy hummed around her, and it seemed like air passed through her as if she wasn't living material. Maybe she wasn't.
Another part of her registered the burning pain, the aching way her body couldn't move, and the way she was teetering on the brink of extinction in her other form, but it seemed distant, so far away...
Po was hovering over the air beside her, equally disoriented and befuddled. He looked over, saw Tigress, and nearly jumped straight of his ghostly fur.
"What happened?" His voice asked, though his mouth didn't move.
Tigresss's mind reeled as she thought hard and remembered distantly those warning words Binjo had given her a time that seemed so long ago.
You must be brave, have courage, and never leave your spirit.
Well, if being this wasn't her spirit, she didn't know what was.
"We're our spirits," she said softly, though, like Po, without opening her mouth to speak. "We're not ghosts, but almost."
Morgul, who had been laughing evilly, stopped and fixed his eyes hard in the air, scrunching his nose in distaste. Then he backed up with a blank look of shock and terror.
"Aren't we supposed to be invisible as ghosts?" Po asked.
"I...guess..." Tigress shrugged.
"Then why can he see us?"
Morgul was frozen, paw trained over his sword. "You cannot still be alive! It's impossible! I-I've blasted you with so much power" He fumbled breathlessly, "It..i-it's...you're not supposed to be...I vanquished you, o-once and for all!"
"No. Not yet you haven't." Tigress answered with fire resounding in her voice. Her paw began to blaze, and flames licked up her arms until she was smothered in dancing tongues of orange and red. Her amber eyes blazed angrily, golden almost, with fire reflecting nearly menacingly in them.
Po himself looked angry, but instead his whole body radiated with green-gold light, and it was almost serene. His eyes glowed an bright unnatural white, and though he was in spirit form, he looked just as panda-ish as ever. Possibly even more so.
Tigress stared at Po and Po stared at Tigress, and idea forming mutually in their minds.
"We need to work together," Tigress explained, voicing both their thoughts. "Use your power and I'll use mine."
Morgul's eyes were huge. He looked almost terrefied, but he switched to a nervous snarl, shielding fear from his eyes and drawing his black sword. "Spirits or not, I will defeat you!" He announced, baring his yellow fangs.
"Try me." Both the panda the South Chinese tigress smirked. And hence the second battle commenced.

Date: 05/27/14 5:27 PM

good story

Date: 05/18/14 6:44 PM

Me- *hiding in a barrel* Thanks Rtfacts. It's been two weeks on board and we haven't gotten caught. this plan might actually work.
Rafiki- *in next door barrel* i told you so. just two more days and Morgul will be falling like a rock to my feet.
Me- first we have to not get caught so *whisper scream* BE QUIET SOMEONE'S COMING.
Crew guy- *walks along the deck whistling. hears something in the barrels. walks over and is about to find Rafiki but someone calls him and he walks off.*
Me- phew.

Date: 05/13/14 2:03 AM

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! This is so awesome! Please continue!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 05/09/14 7:51 PM

Mousedung? YOU TOTALLY GOT THAT FROM THE WARRIORS SERIES. i love those books.

Date: 05/03/14 11:26 PM

@Taupetiger (sorry, but Im used to calling you that, if you don't mind )

Thank you so much! I'm glad you think so, and I most definitely will keep writing. :D

@Crlefan and Rafiki
Hoo, boy, could luck to both of you dark-siders! Morgul's waiting for ya!

Sorry, this won't be exactly the longest chapter, but anticipate the worst...

----

Tigress flipped to the air and kicked Morgul while coming down, then held out one paw and blasted another streak of flame at him. Morgul staggered back but ducked the fire, then unsheathed his sword and flicked the blade out far enough to graze Tigress's stomach. She squeezed her eyes tight in pain, but growled and with a swift twist of her paw she knocked the sword away then slammed her other paw into Morgul's already crooked snout, hence making it even more ugly. He snarled and swiped his foot under Tigress's leg, holding out one paw and using the other to aim a a blast of shadow.

Tigress jumped from the under swipe but was thrown back from the dark jolt and she did a couple backwards sumersaults before skidding to an unceremonial stop. The fire that had covered her like a protective pelt fizzed and died, and for a moment she had trouble catching her breath, groping at the stone ground then letting her hand drop from exhaustion.

Po, meanwhile, had attacked, and was fighting like a black and white blur, using whatever that green element was to move objects and direct them at the enemy, who blew them apart with waves of shadow. The sword had actually flown back to it's weilder, like it was some magnetic force pulling it into his paw. Po spun around and delivered a few blows while Morgul deflected them and whipped out his sword to try and slice at the panda, though so far the bear remained unscathed. Po put his palm out backwards and tendrils of light weaved around Morgul like a web, and as they grappled around him he struggled vainly to rip free.

Having baught some time, he hastened to help Tigress. Her breathing was labored, and her fur looked almost singed.

"Ti, you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"What a morbid uncle I have. How am I even related to him?" she moaned through a mouthful of courtyard dirt and stone.

Po let the tigress haul herself up. She spat out a mixture of earth and blood, eyes already slitted in anger. Glancing down at her paw, she said something softly.

"Mousedung, I've torn a claw." she growled.

"Mousedung?"

"Cat expression." She explained quickly, looking up just in time to see a massive comet of shadow streak towards her and Po.

Just before a gigantic explosion rang in her ears.

Date: 05/01/14 7:30 PM

Me- *pant* RAFIKI *pant* wait *pant* don't go *pant*
Rafiki- i'm going to Tigrispart to teach Morgul a lesson. in the meanwhile, not paying for the boat ride. *sneaks on to boat when no ones looking.
Me- oh don't make me do this. fine. *sneaks in next to Rafiki* i'm coming with you.
Rafiki- *pats my back* welcome to the dark side, sister.
Me- yeah this is nice. now let's go pound Morgul's face.
Rafiki- *hugs me* you made this the happiest day of my life.
Me- uhhhh, your welcome. *thinks* this is awkward.

Date: 04/27/14 6:30 PM

I really love this story. The plot line is superlative, and your descriptions are so vivid and lush! Keep on writing!

-altruistic

Date: 04/27/14 4:43 PM

Yup, I'm kinda sorta back. Man my writing skills have just about packed up and deserted me...meh. Good thing I'd already finished this fic anyway.

Oh, and warning: This story is nearly finished. I'm on the brink of deciding whether to quit writing after I finish posting all of it or continuing on with the sequel.., and it's all up to you, dear readers. Please take into consideration that I will be going into High School next year and I'm gonna be so super busy I won't know what to do other than school--I just had a vision almost like a prophecy! Joking...heh.

Okay, anyway:

@7Gaga
Missed you on here, so I'm glad you're back! :) And, well, it was kinda unintentional, as most coincidences are; buuuut totally makes sense. The quote was intentional, though. Not particularly true; but intentional. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, comparing Morgul to Scar?

@Master Luna
Glad you are, and that depends on the awesome people like you, who make my day by reading this!

@Crlefan44
Thanks, and right back at ya!
Next chapter will be up soon!

Date: 04/20/14 11:04 PM

HAPPY EASTER

Date: 04/14/14 11:47 PM

Loving the latest chapters, Rtfacts! Keep going!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 04/13/14 11:19 PM

@rtfacts- I'm so sorry, I couldn't get on nick.com for a really long time. During this unfortunate time, though, many new and, um, AWESOME chapters were added to this amazing story.
Please write more!!!
And you know, Morgul has a "Scar" sort of feel to him, if that makes any sense other than in my own mind. You know what I mean? Like from The Lion King? Was that on purpose, 'cause I mean you've got the evil uncle of the child of some sort of royalty, they're all feline, and the line "I am surrounded by idiots" actually seemed like a reference to me, I know Scar's said that. Am I looking too deep into this, or am I just stating the obvious?

Either way, keep going! I love this so much and I HAVE to read more!

~7GaGa

Date: 04/11/14 11:16 PM

A story of isolation...and it looks like...I'm the author.
Joke! Sorry, haha. Here's tha next part.
Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I'll be over here defying gravity, making sure no one in Oz is ever going to bring me down. Anyone feeling popular, or wonderful, or just dear old wicked? Well, as long as you're all mine, my awesome readers, inspiring me to keep dancing through life, then thank goodness!
Just to let you know, I'm not that girl who's plotting something bad in this story. Nope, not at all. No evil cliffhangers. No good...er, bad deeds. Nada. So, hopefully, after one short day that I post this, I won't wonder what this feeling is of worry, since I have already updated for you all, and my mind will be at ease. Finally, being a sentimental person, I declare that those who mourn the next chapters are apologized to in advance by the wizard and I.

And that probably made no sense. So, march on! Geez, that was way too long. Sorry!

---

"Use the necklace!" Tigress demanded, and Po nodded hurriedly. The feline slipped the chain around her neck and felt fiery power swirl through her veins, and, though she didn't notice it, she began glowing slightly, hands humming with the invisible force. Flames licked up her paws and down her back (luckily not singing her clothes), and Tigress smiled.

Po, meanwhile, was shimmering green, with sparks of gold flying off him. It was like Inner Peace and Hero's Chi combined. The locket burned a bright forest green, making Po vibrate slightly.

Morgul snickered. "Alright, you two asked for it." He said calmly, and put on the black ring with the chain around his neck. His eyes became like hot red coals, his fur grew spiked and black fog circled him in a translucent spiral. "Behold, the Shadow Ring of Power in all its...err, power!" he declared.

"Very powerful." Po remarked.

Tigress rolled her eyes, then glared at Morgul. "You'll pay for calling me kitty," she hissed.

"Sorry, my girl, but I'm out of money." Morgul snarled, but with a smile of sarcasm lifting up at the edges of his mouth. Then he whirled around, unfurled his hand and shot out a jet of shadow.

Tigress intercepted it by slicing her hand through the air, and the bolt of shadow was engulged in a streak of flame. "Hey, I'm getting the hang of this!" She said, gesturing for Po to watch, and at that small move his tail went up in a plume of orange.

"Ah! Tigress, my tail! MY TAIL!" The panda shrieked, running over to a nearby muddy puddle and sitting on it quickly. When he got up, his pants were drenched and his tail looking stiff and burnt.

Tigress facepalmed. "Oops, sorry," She said, then drew her hand away from her face quickly before it caught on fire as well.

Morgul groaned. "I am surrounded by idiots."

Tigress growled at his comment and thrust out her hand, fire rocketing towards the Black Wizard so fast it was a blur of gold-red heat. He made discs, like miniature circular shields of shadow, at his paws, and they deflected the fire like a force field, making it jump back to Tigress. Po leapt in and grabbed it with his bare paws, rolling it round and round at speed unimaginable and let it fly again, now a green-yellow sphere, like a comet, at Morgul, who deflected it with a toss of his shadow-shield, and both elements went crashing into a pillar, passing clear through the middle and making it topple to the ground with the wind howling as it smashed into the floor.

The act drained both Po and Tigress, and the locket's power seemed to shrivel slightly, the light flickering. Morgul grinned at this, and made a gesture like clawing downards. Mist rose from the ground and blinded both of them for a moment, making them gag at the noxious fumes. Tigress willed the fire to burn brighter so she could see, and she cleared away the vapor, crinkling her nose at the acrid, smokey tang it left in her throat.

The pantherine snatched the first furry thing she could find (Po's ear), and dragged him upwards, rising in a funnel of flames. Po steadied his feet on a flat square of green by waving his paw in the air, and grinned.

"Wooh! I'm like, hovering on a square!"

"I realized." Tigress grunted, then stiftled a shout as surprise as a jet of darkness whizzed into her funnel of fire, and it dissapated at her feet. Tigress found herself falling quicker than she could think, and luckily her cat reflexes kicked in and she managed to land on her feet, though not lightly. Pain shot up her paws so hard it burnt, and her fur bristled as she gritted her teeth against the agony.

"Element of surprise." Morgul walked up leisurely with a wicked, wide smile. "Very handy."