YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
A Story with No Name

Date: 08/29/12 2:46 PM

Ok, 'member that I had posted something called "Two Family Renunions?? Well, I'm kinda re-posting that. But it's gonna be different, let me tell you.

Here is...FIRST PART. He's my friend.

Chapter One: Secret Revealed
It was six thirty, and Po was hungry.
He trudged lazily towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and yawning.
He heard the slight patter of feet and turned around to face Monkey.
"What are you doing?" he asked. Po responded with a loud yawn.
"Just...getting something...to eat." he drawled. Monkey sighed.
"Po, every ten minutes you eat something! I've even seen you sleep-
eating! Every ten minutes each night!"
Po yawned again.
"You need to go back to sleep," Monkey snickered.
"No...Must eat..." Po snored. Monkey half-lead, half-dragged him to
his room.
Then suddenly, as Monkey dropped Po on his mattress, a loud BANG!!!
exploded in the air.
Po sat bolt upright. Monkey whistled through his teeth.
"It's happening." he whispered.
"What on earth," Po said nervously "was that?"
"Tigress," responded Monkey "That's what."
Po and Monkey looked out the window. There she was. And now Po could
see what had happened. An ironwood tree had been literally chopped in
half, and it had fallen on top of a gong. Tigress was looking down the
hill, clenching and unclenching her hand. Po spotted a small scarlet
spot the front of her paw.
"Eww." Monkey whispered "She's hurt."
"That was...AWESOME!!!" Po squealed.
"You're happy because she hurt herself?"
"What? No, no! Just what she did with that tree!"
Po stared back, eyes wide. Monkey rolled his eyes.
Tigress was punching another ironwood tree. Peices of bark flew
everywhere.
"Why does she do that?" Po asked, his wondering green eyes on Tigress.
TBC

375 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 12/31/13 11:08 PM

Man, I'm up late (YAWN) Well, Happy New Year!!! New chapter coming...later. I'll respond to your comments separately later, but thanks, guys!

-Rtfacts/Vicky

Date: 12/29/13 4:32 PM

FINALLY! Welcome back Rtfacts and great job on the latest chapter! Can't wait for more!!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/27/13 4:37 PM

Me- haha he paw got stuck in the rock. i totally knew that would happen.
Rafiki- yeah me too. hey remember that time in karate class when Hiei punched that wall?
Me- yeah. he double punched the concrete block then BOTH his paws were stuck.
Rafiki- and then everybody was laughing at him and the teacher had to use butter to get him loose.
Me- haha that was funny. then when we got home my dog kept trying to like the butter. it drove Hiei nuts.
Me & Rafiki- HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hiei- >:(

Date: 12/26/13 4:42 PM

@All the Awesome People Who Kept This Story Up
Thanks so much, guys! You all rock! Yup, I'm back, and I'm guessing you guys want the next part up...okay Here goes...

(Before that, though, I'd like to say it's been over two years, not just one, since this story has been started...haha...oops...) Oh, and yes, merry slightly late Christmas and I wish you all have a happy New Year! :D My new year is going to be super, super busy (and if anyone wants to know why, just ask me)

~oOo~

"That's what Morgul wants you to think," Po butted in abruptly. "He wants you to stay away, and that way not go after Tigress, your sister. He chose those mountains for that specific reason."

Rooper looked up with dull eyes. "Do you think so?"

"Know so," Po said. He was on a roll now. "You need to get over your fear, or Morgul will lay waste to your kingdom. He'll destroy everybody...Your family included."

Rooper looked stung, but he nodded. "Yes. You're right, panda."

Po grinned. "Anyway, I guess we have to get going."

"But how? I don't even know where we are."

"Another thing about my super-special locket. It gets you to that place." Po smirked. He could not wait to the the feline master again. 

"Wait!" Rooper panted.

"It's gonna be alright, don't let fear control you. Just--"

"Mehpahfstufd." Rooper coughed.

"What?"

"MAPAWFSTUG."

"Huh?"

Rooper's face was more pink than orange. "Uh..my paw's stuck." he mumbled.

Po had to laugh, but he helped the tiger get his fist out, with a lot of pulling. When his hand come out, it looked unscathed, but the column of rock wasn't that lucky. It had a gaping black hole torn in the middle, big as Rooper's paw, and stone showered down as a massive creak reverberated through the walls. The pillar was going to topple!

"Alright, little thing, get us there!" Po shouted as the tower began to heave downwards. Rooper braced himself for either thing. 

Then green light flashed harshly into his eyes, ears ringing, and the world disappeared beneath his feet.

~oOo~

Po feel face-down into a thorn bush.

Talk about a subtle welcome.

Rooper got lucky. He landed in a smaller thorn plant. Po seemed to have belly-flopped on top of the Grandpa Thorn Bush. It was as big as him, and that was saying a lot. Little claws pinched into his stomach and made him yelp. Rooper seemed to be more experienced in the art of getting out of prickly situations like this (ha ha), and he climbed out like an expert. Po thrashed about like a giant marooned balooga whale. 

"Little..OW...help...YOWHOWHOW...please?..ACK!"

Rooper grabbed Po's arm and heaved backwards, dragging the bear out who with a series of loud hurt exclamations, managed to get free. Some of the exclaims were very rude insults to the thorn bush. Po got up looking like a porcupine brushed the wrong way. He gave tiny squeaks whenever he moved. "Those things are evil!" He accused.

Rooper chuckled, though his eyes were dark and mirthless. "Try taking those thorns out while we walk." He suggested.

And so Po did, trying not to stare at the endless chasm filled with mist below him from the narrow strip of a path he paced on, yelling silently in pain as he pulled each sucker out. Rooper led the way in absolute, dead silence.

"Shh, Po," he finally warned. "There are many bandits here, so we need to be quiet."

Just as he said this, a flash of white reared in front of him and something shiny was pointed at his nose.

"Speak, tiger." The voice demanded, solemn but yet it couldn't been of one older than fifteen. "And tell me why you dare enter my side of the mountain."

Date: 12/25/13 8:49 PM

YEAH Lets play a game. hmm but which one?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!

Date: 12/23/13 11:08 PM

@MasterLuna:

I don't know. I'm not sure how long she'll be gone. I guess it might be ok...

~*Batskee*~

Date: 12/20/13 3:05 PM

I can't wait for rtfacts to come back. Should we play a game while we wait for her?

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/19/13 5:35 PM

Me- No problem rt. i will watch this story like a hawk. *starts staring unblinking at the screen*
My Mom- dinner's ready!
Me- yaaayyyy PIZZA NIGHT!!!! *runs up stairs*
Rafiki- *sighs and facepaws* and she says i don't keep to my words. tsk tsk.

Date: 12/18/13 9:33 AM

Got it! Have fun wherever you are! .
Can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!
~7GaGa

Date: 12/17/13 11:15 PM

Just trying to keep this up!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/14/13 12:40 PM

Will do Rtfacts! Everyone will help keep this up! We'll miss you! Have Fun!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/14/13 8:06 AM

@Everyone
Okay, I'm gonna be gone for a while in a place without wi-fi, so please, could you all try and keep my stories up for me? Thanks for the awesome comments, and I'll be back soon!

-Rtfacts

Date: 12/11/13 12:48 AM

I totally agree with 7GaGa! Well, except with Tipo being 100% but i agree with everything else. You are an amazing writer and I LOVE this story! <3

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/08/13 1:32 PM

@Rtfacts- Yeah, it took me a while, but that just shows how much time I have on my hands. And, yeah I usually stay up 'till like, 1:00, but I just could NOT stop reading.
Yes, you are JUST THAT GREAT of a writer.
I bet it is hard, but you seem to be able to keep her just the way she's supposed to act.
I bet she does figure it out. I just have to know how! Something tells me I have a general idea of where this story's headed, and if I'm right, NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM READING IT!!!
Oh yeah. I know exactly how they're going to handle it. Can't tell you how many times I've been watching certain episodes and thought "Monkey knows, doesn't he? He just has to." XD
You deserve a long comment like that about as much as Tipo is real- 100% and no second thoughts on it. De nada!
I will check the boards every minute until I see that next chapter! I GOTTA know what happens!!!!!!
~7GaGa

Date: 12/08/13 9:43 AM

Okay, wow, it took me a while to process these comments.....and I think I can finally answer them....it's just that....wow.

@Syrup
Glad you can't, XD And I will, thanks! Just keep reading & reviewing!

@Master Luna
Thank you! And you will get more, soon! ;x Thanks!

@7GaGa
Alright, here I go....
Ooookay, so firstly....YOU SPENT YOUR TIME AND WROTE 4 PARAGRAPHS.....ABOUT THIS STORY....(faints)
(two minutes later) Right, I'm good. Kinda. And then you stayed up until 2:30 READING it? I'm gonna faint again. Oh no, don't I dare. I've still gotta respond to this....
I seriously freaked out (in a good way) when I read your comment...I went around the house speechless for about an hour. 'Thank you' seems kinda shallow a response, doncherknow? You seriously think that I'm that good of a writer? WOW. THANK YOU!!!! (sobs from happiness). Hehe, glad you liked that little comment, and really? Huh, strange coincedince. Tell you a secret, most of the time I DON'T know what I'm going to write. I just sit down, look at my fingers and go 'alright, do your part', and then it's done before I know it. That part just came along as a little spark of an idea that I liked. Glad to see you liked it too. :D Yeah, they have some kind of family connection that helps them see that...maybe....and haha, yeah, that was kinda cute
Really? It is hard to keep Tigress IC (in character), but I try my best. Very good point, too, by the way. The show has completely changed her. She's some kind of mushy, grumpy teenager all the sudden. I think the show has twisted her personality since the very beginning. And, I guess you'll just have to wait to see the answers for your questions (COMING VERY SOON )
Okay, she might remember, might not. I can't give away too much. And you'll see, sorry I can't exactly respond. I bet you can guess how Mantis and Monkey will take it, though XD
And don't worry, the longer it is....the more touched I am....(okay, as soon as I finish writing this I'll probably faint again). Again, I can't thank you enough for reviewing....(squeals in a pillow) OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I REALLY STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I don't feel like I deserve that big a comment! But GRACIAS!!!
And yes, new chapter will come up as soon as the answers to all of your reviews gets through.....

-Rtfacts

PS: In case any of you have noticed, it has passed the one-year Anniversary for this fanfic...possibly for Legend of Crescent too....So, I want to thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO reviews and reads this story, whether silently or not. You guys are amazing. :D Now I'm gonna allow myself to faint.

Next chapter will be up soon!

PPS: Legend of Crescent might not continue because no one seems to be reading it....

Date: 12/07/13 7:20 PM

Oh my gosh! I can't wait for more!!!!!! Please keep on writing, this is getting EXCEPTIONALLY good!

Syrup240 ;D

Date: 12/07/13 1:53 PM

Oh WOW! This story is getting GOOD! I need more! More! GREAT job rtfacts!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 12/04/13 11:58 PM

@rtfacts- Okay, so I started reading this fanfic this summer. At first, I was just scanning it to see if there was any Pogress/Tipo (whatever you want to call it) in the story, but as soon as I got halfway into the first chapter, I was hooked. I had a very busy summer and start of the school year, so I had to stop at chapter 8. Yesterday I decided to catch up on the story from where I was. I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. reading, and I still wasn't done. I just finished catching up this morning, and I have to say that YOU ARE THE BEST FANFIC WRITER ON THE PLANET!!! Chapter 4's "like an angel" comment was great! And what's really funny is that at chapter 12 I stopped and started thinking "That would be so cute if Po and Tigress had actually met each other when they were younger and didn't even realize it! Maybe Tigress was even the one who gave him that little panda doll! They became great friends, and were sad when separated, and weren't even aware that they knew each other BEFORE Po became the Dragon Warrior. But I know that would never happen." I didn't even realize that's what you were going to write!
I love how both Dhani and Rooper could tell that Po and Tigress liked each other before. And when Po forgot his name after Tigress kissed him- priceless!
By the way, it's true what they said before. You've got Tigress's character spot-on. It's easier to write a fanfic and get Tigress's personality right now than it would have been at the beginning of the series or during the movies. She's getting a lot more- how do I put this- mushy. (Personally, I think it started with the episode "Kung Fu Day Care" and was really topped off by "Enter the Dragon: Part 2", but that's beside the point.) Speaking of Tigress and feelings, did she ever figure out what that feeling was? (like we don't know) Or why she was jealous?
Is Tigress going to remember meeting Po years ago? And what ever happened to the Tiger doll?
One last question: how are Shifu and the rest of the Furious Five going to react when they find out about Po and Tigress's, um, relationship?
Sorry. SUPER long post. I talk a lot.
New chapter, please! .
~7GaGa

Date: 11/29/13 9:55 AM

@BAmeliaVee (did I get that right?) Masterluna and Crlefan:
Thank you all for your awesome comments! ^-^ They make me so happy! Mil disculpas for the super super long delay, my Internet cut off....and I've been busy with exams and homeschool and normal school, so yeah. Well, here's your next part or whatever it is.....

Rooper peeked in, and saw that, though spotless inside, there was nothing in it.
"Strange." He rumbled.
Po felt crushed. "I was so sure...wait a minute, hold it, I got an idea."
He closed his eyes tight and concentrated hard. Nothing seem to happen, but then when hope began to vanish, the locket began to flicker strongly, a golden light emanating from it's edges. The room began to shake slightly, and dust shifted through the cracks like gritty rain. Po coughed, waving away the hazy clouds of sand out of his face, and looked at the surface of his circlet. There was a reflection on it, of barren mountains with jagged teeth glimmering in the late night's moon.
Rooper inhaled sharply. "The Mountains of the Lost."
~oOo~
Po scrunched up his face, then nodded. "Yeah, I remember." He drew in a shaky breath at the fang-like peaks piercing through the wispy mist. "I guess that's were Tigress is, then."
Rooper gave an involuntary shudder. "How do you know?"
Po shrugged. "I used this locket sometimes as a kid. It showed where whatever I wanted was."
"Like...?"
"Food, mainly, or my mom." Po grinned sheepishly. "So I'm guessing this is where Tigress is being kept hostage. Somewhere on those mountains."
Rooper glared at the teeth of rock jutting out, pale in the starlight but shadowed at the bottom, and shook his head vehemently. "No, I can't go there. Not again. I promised myself--"
"What's so wrong with them?" Po asked, bewildered at the usually calm king's behavior. 

Rooper seemed to he having the hardest time controlling himself. "Po, I just can't..." The tiger, to Po's shock, let out an infuriated roar which echoed for miles, drew back his fist, and slammed it into a still standing pillar of rock. The column groaned and cracked, a cobweb of black cracks racing through it. Rooper's fist had gone straight through stone. 
The tiger's fur bristled, and his muscles were tense and bunched, as if ready to spring away at any moment. His amber eyes were dangerously narrowed. 
"Wow...you and Tigress are a lot alike in some ways..." Po gasped. "How on earth...?"
"Ironwoods. Since I was five." Came the short reply. 
"How long then...?"
"Twenty-five years." 
"Whoa Even longer than Ti."
"Ti?"
"Tigress."
"Oh."
Rooper leaned in on the pillar, still shaking, his paw jammed into the pillar. "The Mountains of the Lost, Po, is the path we had to take to get over to the safe valley, because Morgul had sent some dangerous allies of his after us. If my father would have known, we would of stayed to fight instead of running."
"Known? Known what?"
"How close we would all come to death." Rooper continued with downcast eyes. "We lost so many. The Morgulins, they followed us, taking advantage of the peril. There was barely any water, and less food. Tigers turned against each other. So many gone." His voice was a whisper, now, and Po had to strain to hear him. "Luca's sister and father both...my aunt, my best friend...My father, Rasket, was badly injured, and yet he still maintained control. To this day I still don't see how."
Po's eyes widened. "Gosh...I'm so sorry..."
Rooper shook his head. The King looked somewhat smaller, as if fear had shrunken him. "Never again. It's....madness." 

Date: 11/25/13 10:39 PM

rtfatcs! Please write more! This is such a dramaticly great story! :) Gold Star ! Please continue soon! :(

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

P.s. Sorry if got anyone's hopes up thinking that there was a new chapter/part.