YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
A Story with No Name

Date: 08/29/12 2:46 PM

Ok, 'member that I had posted something called "Two Family Renunions?? Well, I'm kinda re-posting that. But it's gonna be different, let me tell you.

Here is...FIRST PART. He's my friend.

Chapter One: Secret Revealed
It was six thirty, and Po was hungry.
He trudged lazily towards the kitchen, rubbing his eyes and yawning.
He heard the slight patter of feet and turned around to face Monkey.
"What are you doing?" he asked. Po responded with a loud yawn.
"Just...getting something...to eat." he drawled. Monkey sighed.
"Po, every ten minutes you eat something! I've even seen you sleep-
eating! Every ten minutes each night!"
Po yawned again.
"You need to go back to sleep," Monkey snickered.
"No...Must eat..." Po snored. Monkey half-lead, half-dragged him to
his room.
Then suddenly, as Monkey dropped Po on his mattress, a loud BANG!!!
exploded in the air.
Po sat bolt upright. Monkey whistled through his teeth.
"It's happening." he whispered.
"What on earth," Po said nervously "was that?"
"Tigress," responded Monkey "That's what."
Po and Monkey looked out the window. There she was. And now Po could
see what had happened. An ironwood tree had been literally chopped in
half, and it had fallen on top of a gong. Tigress was looking down the
hill, clenching and unclenching her hand. Po spotted a small scarlet
spot the front of her paw.
"Eww." Monkey whispered "She's hurt."
"That was...AWESOME!!!" Po squealed.
"You're happy because she hurt herself?"
"What? No, no! Just what she did with that tree!"
Po stared back, eyes wide. Monkey rolled his eyes.
Tigress was punching another ironwood tree. Peices of bark flew
everywhere.
"Why does she do that?" Po asked, his wondering green eyes on Tigress.
TBC

422 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 06/08/14 3:48 PM

Yes, Crlefan, that term does belong to the Warriors series, hehe. Oh, and good luck on your trip!
Thank you to all who commented!
Anyhoo, onwards...
---

Chapter Thirty-Two: Copycats and Disaster

When Tigress woke up, she wasn't in her body anymore.
She could see it, nearly lifeless and hunched over against a wall, and her breat caught in her throat when she saw Po in the same position. No, wait, not lifeless. Not just yet.
The feline looked down at herself and almost screamed. She was hovering in the air, skimming overhead with paws that seemed to be made of shifting particles of light. She still looked the same, but energy hummed around her, and it seemed like air passed through her as if she wasn't living material. Maybe she wasn't.
Another part of her registered the burning pain, the aching way her body couldn't move, and the way she was teetering on the brink of extinction in her other form, but it seemed distant, so far away...
Po was hovering over the air beside her, equally disoriented and befuddled. He looked over, saw Tigress, and nearly jumped straight of his ghostly fur.
"What happened?" His voice asked, though his mouth didn't move.
Tigresss's mind reeled as she thought hard and remembered distantly those warning words Binjo had given her a time that seemed so long ago.
You must be brave, have courage, and never leave your spirit.
Well, if being this wasn't her spirit, she didn't know what was.
"We're our spirits," she said softly, though, like Po, without opening her mouth to speak. "We're not ghosts, but almost."
Morgul, who had been laughing evilly, stopped and fixed his eyes hard in the air, scrunching his nose in distaste. Then he backed up with a blank look of shock and terror.
"Aren't we supposed to be invisible as ghosts?" Po asked.
"I...guess..." Tigress shrugged.
"Then why can he see us?"
Morgul was frozen, paw trained over his sword. "You cannot still be alive! It's impossible! I-I've blasted you with so much power" He fumbled breathlessly, "It..i-it's...you're not supposed to be...I vanquished you, o-once and for all!"
"No. Not yet you haven't." Tigress answered with fire resounding in her voice. Her paw began to blaze, and flames licked up her arms until she was smothered in dancing tongues of orange and red. Her amber eyes blazed angrily, golden almost, with fire reflecting nearly menacingly in them.
Po himself looked angry, but instead his whole body radiated with green-gold light, and it was almost serene. His eyes glowed an bright unnatural white, and though he was in spirit form, he looked just as panda-ish as ever. Possibly even more so.
Tigress stared at Po and Po stared at Tigress, and idea forming mutually in their minds.
"We need to work together," Tigress explained, voicing both their thoughts. "Use your power and I'll use mine."
Morgul's eyes were huge. He looked almost terrefied, but he switched to a nervous snarl, shielding fear from his eyes and drawing his black sword. "Spirits or not, I will defeat you!" He announced, baring his yellow fangs.
"Try me." Both the panda the South Chinese tigress smirked. And hence the second battle commenced.

Date: 05/27/14 5:27 PM

good story

Date: 05/18/14 6:44 PM

Me- *hiding in a barrel* Thanks Rtfacts. It's been two weeks on board and we haven't gotten caught. this plan might actually work.
Rafiki- *in next door barrel* i told you so. just two more days and Morgul will be falling like a rock to my feet.
Me- first we have to not get caught so *whisper scream* BE QUIET SOMEONE'S COMING.
Crew guy- *walks along the deck whistling. hears something in the barrels. walks over and is about to find Rafiki but someone calls him and he walks off.*
Me- phew.

Date: 05/13/14 2:03 AM

Oh wow oh wow oh wow! This is so awesome! Please continue!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 05/09/14 7:51 PM

Mousedung? YOU TOTALLY GOT THAT FROM THE WARRIORS SERIES. i love those books.

Date: 05/03/14 11:26 PM

@Taupetiger (sorry, but Im used to calling you that, if you don't mind )

Thank you so much! I'm glad you think so, and I most definitely will keep writing. :D

@Crlefan and Rafiki
Hoo, boy, could luck to both of you dark-siders! Morgul's waiting for ya!

Sorry, this won't be exactly the longest chapter, but anticipate the worst...

----

Tigress flipped to the air and kicked Morgul while coming down, then held out one paw and blasted another streak of flame at him. Morgul staggered back but ducked the fire, then unsheathed his sword and flicked the blade out far enough to graze Tigress's stomach. She squeezed her eyes tight in pain, but growled and with a swift twist of her paw she knocked the sword away then slammed her other paw into Morgul's already crooked snout, hence making it even more ugly. He snarled and swiped his foot under Tigress's leg, holding out one paw and using the other to aim a a blast of shadow.

Tigress jumped from the under swipe but was thrown back from the dark jolt and she did a couple backwards sumersaults before skidding to an unceremonial stop. The fire that had covered her like a protective pelt fizzed and died, and for a moment she had trouble catching her breath, groping at the stone ground then letting her hand drop from exhaustion.

Po, meanwhile, had attacked, and was fighting like a black and white blur, using whatever that green element was to move objects and direct them at the enemy, who blew them apart with waves of shadow. The sword had actually flown back to it's weilder, like it was some magnetic force pulling it into his paw. Po spun around and delivered a few blows while Morgul deflected them and whipped out his sword to try and slice at the panda, though so far the bear remained unscathed. Po put his palm out backwards and tendrils of light weaved around Morgul like a web, and as they grappled around him he struggled vainly to rip free.

Having baught some time, he hastened to help Tigress. Her breathing was labored, and her fur looked almost singed.

"Ti, you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"What a morbid uncle I have. How am I even related to him?" she moaned through a mouthful of courtyard dirt and stone.

Po let the tigress haul herself up. She spat out a mixture of earth and blood, eyes already slitted in anger. Glancing down at her paw, she said something softly.

"Mousedung, I've torn a claw." she growled.

"Mousedung?"

"Cat expression." She explained quickly, looking up just in time to see a massive comet of shadow streak towards her and Po.

Just before a gigantic explosion rang in her ears.

Date: 05/01/14 7:30 PM

Me- *pant* RAFIKI *pant* wait *pant* don't go *pant*
Rafiki- i'm going to Tigrispart to teach Morgul a lesson. in the meanwhile, not paying for the boat ride. *sneaks on to boat when no ones looking.
Me- oh don't make me do this. fine. *sneaks in next to Rafiki* i'm coming with you.
Rafiki- *pats my back* welcome to the dark side, sister.
Me- yeah this is nice. now let's go pound Morgul's face.
Rafiki- *hugs me* you made this the happiest day of my life.
Me- uhhhh, your welcome. *thinks* this is awkward.

Date: 04/27/14 6:30 PM

I really love this story. The plot line is superlative, and your descriptions are so vivid and lush! Keep on writing!

-altruistic

Date: 04/27/14 4:43 PM

Yup, I'm kinda sorta back. Man my writing skills have just about packed up and deserted me...meh. Good thing I'd already finished this fic anyway.

Oh, and warning: This story is nearly finished. I'm on the brink of deciding whether to quit writing after I finish posting all of it or continuing on with the sequel.., and it's all up to you, dear readers. Please take into consideration that I will be going into High School next year and I'm gonna be so super busy I won't know what to do other than school--I just had a vision almost like a prophecy! Joking...heh.

Okay, anyway:

@7Gaga
Missed you on here, so I'm glad you're back! :) And, well, it was kinda unintentional, as most coincidences are; buuuut totally makes sense. The quote was intentional, though. Not particularly true; but intentional. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, comparing Morgul to Scar?

@Master Luna
Glad you are, and that depends on the awesome people like you, who make my day by reading this!

@Crlefan44
Thanks, and right back at ya!
Next chapter will be up soon!

Date: 04/20/14 11:04 PM

HAPPY EASTER

Date: 04/14/14 11:47 PM

Loving the latest chapters, Rtfacts! Keep going!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 04/13/14 11:19 PM

@rtfacts- I'm so sorry, I couldn't get on nick.com for a really long time. During this unfortunate time, though, many new and, um, AWESOME chapters were added to this amazing story.
Please write more!!!
And you know, Morgul has a "Scar" sort of feel to him, if that makes any sense other than in my own mind. You know what I mean? Like from The Lion King? Was that on purpose, 'cause I mean you've got the evil uncle of the child of some sort of royalty, they're all feline, and the line "I am surrounded by idiots" actually seemed like a reference to me, I know Scar's said that. Am I looking too deep into this, or am I just stating the obvious?

Either way, keep going! I love this so much and I HAVE to read more!

~7GaGa

Date: 04/11/14 11:16 PM

A story of isolation...and it looks like...I'm the author.
Joke! Sorry, haha. Here's tha next part.
Oh, and if anyone's wondering, I'll be over here defying gravity, making sure no one in Oz is ever going to bring me down. Anyone feeling popular, or wonderful, or just dear old wicked? Well, as long as you're all mine, my awesome readers, inspiring me to keep dancing through life, then thank goodness!
Just to let you know, I'm not that girl who's plotting something bad in this story. Nope, not at all. No evil cliffhangers. No good...er, bad deeds. Nada. So, hopefully, after one short day that I post this, I won't wonder what this feeling is of worry, since I have already updated for you all, and my mind will be at ease. Finally, being a sentimental person, I declare that those who mourn the next chapters are apologized to in advance by the wizard and I.

And that probably made no sense. So, march on! Geez, that was way too long. Sorry!

---

"Use the necklace!" Tigress demanded, and Po nodded hurriedly. The feline slipped the chain around her neck and felt fiery power swirl through her veins, and, though she didn't notice it, she began glowing slightly, hands humming with the invisible force. Flames licked up her paws and down her back (luckily not singing her clothes), and Tigress smiled.

Po, meanwhile, was shimmering green, with sparks of gold flying off him. It was like Inner Peace and Hero's Chi combined. The locket burned a bright forest green, making Po vibrate slightly.

Morgul snickered. "Alright, you two asked for it." He said calmly, and put on the black ring with the chain around his neck. His eyes became like hot red coals, his fur grew spiked and black fog circled him in a translucent spiral. "Behold, the Shadow Ring of Power in all its...err, power!" he declared.

"Very powerful." Po remarked.

Tigress rolled her eyes, then glared at Morgul. "You'll pay for calling me kitty," she hissed.

"Sorry, my girl, but I'm out of money." Morgul snarled, but with a smile of sarcasm lifting up at the edges of his mouth. Then he whirled around, unfurled his hand and shot out a jet of shadow.

Tigress intercepted it by slicing her hand through the air, and the bolt of shadow was engulged in a streak of flame. "Hey, I'm getting the hang of this!" She said, gesturing for Po to watch, and at that small move his tail went up in a plume of orange.

"Ah! Tigress, my tail! MY TAIL!" The panda shrieked, running over to a nearby muddy puddle and sitting on it quickly. When he got up, his pants were drenched and his tail looking stiff and burnt.

Tigress facepalmed. "Oops, sorry," She said, then drew her hand away from her face quickly before it caught on fire as well.

Morgul groaned. "I am surrounded by idiots."

Tigress growled at his comment and thrust out her hand, fire rocketing towards the Black Wizard so fast it was a blur of gold-red heat. He made discs, like miniature circular shields of shadow, at his paws, and they deflected the fire like a force field, making it jump back to Tigress. Po leapt in and grabbed it with his bare paws, rolling it round and round at speed unimaginable and let it fly again, now a green-yellow sphere, like a comet, at Morgul, who deflected it with a toss of his shadow-shield, and both elements went crashing into a pillar, passing clear through the middle and making it topple to the ground with the wind howling as it smashed into the floor.

The act drained both Po and Tigress, and the locket's power seemed to shrivel slightly, the light flickering. Morgul grinned at this, and made a gesture like clawing downards. Mist rose from the ground and blinded both of them for a moment, making them gag at the noxious fumes. Tigress willed the fire to burn brighter so she could see, and she cleared away the vapor, crinkling her nose at the acrid, smokey tang it left in her throat.

The pantherine snatched the first furry thing she could find (Po's ear), and dragged him upwards, rising in a funnel of flames. Po steadied his feet on a flat square of green by waving his paw in the air, and grinned.

"Wooh! I'm like, hovering on a square!"

"I realized." Tigress grunted, then stiftled a shout as surprise as a jet of darkness whizzed into her funnel of fire, and it dissapated at her feet. Tigress found herself falling quicker than she could think, and luckily her cat reflexes kicked in and she managed to land on her feet, though not lightly. Pain shot up her paws so hard it burnt, and her fur bristled as she gritted her teeth against the agony.

"Element of surprise." Morgul walked up leisurely with a wicked, wide smile. "Very handy."

Date: 04/03/14 6:04 PM

Lol, Master Luna: cuz I'm Batman. Haha, niiiice. Oh, and, gracias.
Thanks, crlefan44, and, uh..good luck, Rafiki.
Glad ya like, it patstar.

Neeeext....

------

Pandas might not roar. But when they're angry, it's worse than any tiger.

The locket around Po's neck began to glow bright green, and his jade eyes were aiming anger that most people would consider beyond his level of acknowledgement. Tigress, despite her lack of oxygen, was slightly rattled. Even Morgul's eyes flashed with uneasiness.

Po moved his hands in a delicate dance, as if handling an invisible glass ball between his paws, and put them both together, waiting as the necklace grew brighter. Morgul regained his smugness.

"Ha! What are yo-"

Tigress's uncle didn't finish his last sentence as Po blasted him with a fluid pillar of leafy green light, and feline villain went sailing into a pile of rock with a giant crash, letting Tigress go in the process. The black clouds parted, and the shadows engulfing everything shyed away from the temporarily blinding rays of the sun. Barely audible was the roar of battle below, where the others were fighting against Morgul's army.

Tigress spluttered as she got up, rubbing her aching neck which had neat, faint claw marks on it from where Morgul had held it so tight. Po helped her get to her feet and studied the scratches.

"Doesn't look bad," He commented.

"Feels bad, though." Tigress growled hoarsely, coughing. "He's pretty strong."

The rock heap Morgul had been buried under suddenly quivered and then exploded with a boom, sending rocks pouring down to earth. Luckily, Po ducked them this time.

Said Black Wizard looked almost as explosive as the rocks, with his fur sticking out in tufts and his left hand hanging almost limp by his side. His tail lashed out behind him like a whip, and he glared at the two in hatred.

"Alright, panda, I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but you leave me no choice." He snarled, then he raised his paw. Arrows made of shifting shadow speared down from the sky and zoomed towards Po, who looked on helplessly.

Tigress's eyes widened in alarm and she felt her hands grow warm, unnaturally warm. As if someone else was controlling her she flipped over in front of the arrows, held her paws out in an 'alligator', and the arrows hissed to nothing as a blast of fire seared from the feline's paws in a great cloud of white-orange.

Morgul, Po, and Tigress all gasped at the same time.

"How...?" Po stuttered, and Morgul muttured, "She's not supposed to know how to use it...."

"I...I don't..." Tigress looked equally bewildered. Then she looked into her pant's pocket and brought out a flat, round shape on a golden chain. It was a golden locket, with flames etched on it, and when Tigress opened it she found a small note.

Hope this helps,

-Zain

How it got there, she would never find out, but right now she really didn't care. She clutched it shut in her paw and narrowed her eyes at Morgul.

"If that's how you want to play, Uncle, then let the games begin."

Date: 03/30/14 9:07 PM

this is going great

Date: 03/27/14 3:33 PM

this is SO AWESOME!!!

Date: 03/25/14 2:57 PM

TIGRESS! I'll save you! Because I'm Batman (<that's from How It Should Have Ended video I saw on YouTube). That was a great chapter, Rtfacts! I really enjoyed it! i can't wait for the next chappie!

Keep On Kung Fu-ing

Master Luna

Date: 03/25/14 11:56 AM

@Rtfacts

Rafiki- EEEEEPPPIIIICCCC!!!!
Me- what she said. great going on that last one. love the fight scene. can't wait for them to finally beat that Morgul.
Rafiki- i was going to go to Tigrispart Island to take care of him but the boat tickets are like 1000 DOLLARS! sireously who is going to pay that much for a boat ride.
Me- well Tigrispart is a very regal place. the boat company probably thought they could get money from the people who really wanted the go.
Rafiki- *says something not very nice about the boat company* IM NOT GOING TO PAY THAT MUCH FOR A TICKET!!
Me- then you don't go.
Rafiki- i have to go! those guys need me! i know ill seek on to the boat and hitch a ride to the island. AND NO ONE WILL STOP ME! *runs out the door*
Me- NO RAFIKI WAIT!!! *facepaw* sigh. i'll see you in court Batskee.

Date: 03/23/14 7:58 PM

Neeeeext...

----

What Morgul said about being more powerful than both of them, they found, was sickeningly true.

He had two advantages; a super-powerful ring and a sword that controlled shadows.

Tigress had started battling him first, aiming punches and kicks in a rapid dance, but Morgul was just as quick, shifting like his feet weren't even on the floor and thrusting his deadly sharp blade with preciseness any sword master would be jealous of. Then if Tigress seemed to have him in a tricky situation, he would wave his hand through the air and she'd be sent flying.

" Rah !" she snarled in frustration, leaping up from a pile of stones and flipping over to where he stood. The black tiger chuckled and secretly slid out his ring, and held it in front of him. Tigress's vision blurred and she fell to the floor in pain, her face twisted and her breathing squeezed out of her. Luckily, Po raced up in the nick of time and managed to get a well-aimed spinning kick home. Morgul staggered back and growled, and the pain snapped out of Tigress as quickly as it came, and she lunged again.

The fight went on forever. Tigress and Po were countered by Morgul with every strike, and neither could get a really good blow. Morgul was fast and agile as shadow, and even though he wasn't as strong as Tigress he was still fierce. Boldness ran in tiger's blood. It was their nature.

Nearly thirty minutes later, Po and Tigress felt battered and bruised while Morgul had a badly twisted tail and a red gash on the left side of his collar bone.

Suddenly the black tiger plunged the sword into the sky and as the clouds became thick and black the three were nearly swallowed in shadow. Tigress could see better than Po though, being feline, and her eyes widened as two slitted blood red pools peered menacingly at the black and white bear, unknowing and stumbling around clumsily.

"Panda, watch out!" Tigress warned, and Po turned around just in time to deflect a slice of Morgul's sword. He squinted but couldn't make anything as the shadows seemed to darken, and then with a yelp he was thrown backwards by invisible paws and he crashed into a wall. The stone rumbled from impact and, to Tigress's horror, the unsturdy wall began to wobble, and it sagged forward, the rocks beginning falling, crunching down and missing Po by inches, who was still dizzy and by sheer luck tumbling out of the way.

"Po!" Tigress shouted desperately, and she began sprinting forward, but claws dug into her tail and dragged her back.

"Ah-ah-ah, niece. The show is about to begin." Morgul grinned hidiously, his crimson eyes wild. Tigress hissed, flipped over and twisted free while landing a couple good kicks. Then without hesitation the feline raced towards Po just as one huge rock began diving down right where he was standing.

"No! Move, Po!" Tigress growled, then soared upwards and tackled him. Both were sent rolling just as the oversized stone slammed into the courtyard floor, sending ripples of marble up like waves and making the whole palace shake. Tigress had, of course, accidentally landed with her nose less than an inch from Po's, and she blushed hard. Why did these things ALWAYS happen to her? Though, a secret little part of her controlling her emotions made her smile shyly all the same.

She stood up swiftly and offered Po a paw, who gratefully accepted it.

"Where'd he go?" Po mumbled, scratching his head. Tigress tilted her head to one side, listened hard, and whipped around just as Morgul wrapped a paw around her neck and shoved her against a pillar, making pain shoot up her head.

"Right here, panda." The Black Wizard growled. That irritating sneer was still plastered to his face as he gripped Tigress tighter and tighter, who was gasping and struggling for breath, though she choked out a growl.

"Let her go!" Po snarled protectively, aiming a kick, but he was too angry to really think about it, so Morgul caught his foot and twisted him down to earth.

The evil feline purred mockingly in lauhter and examined his his claws as the drummed on Tigress's throat, not piercing but scratching softly at her fur. "There, there, panda. She is my niece after all, and she's been quite a naughty little kitty." At the last word Tigress' eyes blazed almost red with fury, and she whipped her claws inches from Morgul's face, but he just laughed harder. He snapped his fingers and mist, black as shadow, began licking up Tigress's feet.

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and moaned slowly. The feline felt like a rock the size of ten elephants had been dropped down on top of her and she couldn't get any air. Like when she had been drowing. No oxygen, just suffocating silence and blood rushing in her ears and the knowledge that your life was slowly trickling away...

Date: 03/17/14 11:18 PM

Well, we'll see when I can post the next chapter...meh...I'm so busy..
Just keepin' this up for now.

-Rtfacts