YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
~Oogway's Warrior:Book 2 of JADE~

Date: 04/13/14 5:23 PM

Firstly, I'm going to have a quick ending summary for the last few chapters.(super sorry about this).
First off, Blood was injured and the wolves in his pack actually turned out to be controlled by Tai Lung (they all had gray eyes, so now they?re back to normal). Also, the old Alpha stayed in the pack (he chose to). Everyone who was under Tai Lung?s Dream Orb influence (including Jade) is now free, and Blood was carried off to be healed. The pack is now on Jade?s side. Here?s what happened after Blood?s injury:2 wolves came over to me and one of them knelt down and said, ?We can help him heal. . .? I looked up at him. What used to be dark gray eyes were now a pair of forest green eyes. He looked like the oldest wolf there, yet still young. ?We were wrong to listen to Tai Lung? The wolf stood up and bowed fist to palm style after putting his fist to his chest, the other wolves following him. ?We?re on your side now? I nodded and let the 2 wolves heal Blood. I sensed Tai lung behind me and I only looked to the side with my eyes.
?You fool! You?re all fools!? Tai Lung snarled. He scoffed. ?If you want something done right, you do it yourself!? Everything went in slow motion as he charged at me. I let my instincts guide me and I back flipped over his head. Time sped up as he swiftly turned around and threw a punch at me that I caught.
?Your time is up. . . . Tai Lung,? I spat.

Secondly, Tai Lung and Jade have a face off (the Final Battle has finally come!). I will type that soon. No one is going to participate in the fight between Tai Lung and Jade (it?s one of those duels where all you can do is watch the two people).

Thirdly, Jade wins the Final Battle and Tai lung is gone for good and the Dream orb is destroyed. She is accepted back into the Jade Palace and now lives there. Blood is ok and now him and Jade are together. Shifu remembers that there were 2 more stolen Dream Orbs. The first was the least powerful. The second is in the hands of a new enemy and the third is held by the boss of all the orbs. Now Jade and the gang have to figure out where the other 2 are so they can destroy them so they won?t cause anymore damage.
So yeah, hopefully you?re not confused. Mods please post this. It?s merely a synopsis.

37 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 06/07/14 12:30 PM

Chapter 3-part 1 (still Shifu?s POV)
?What? This thing?s not gonna come off?!? Ivy exclaimed. She was clearly not happy about the mark.
?Did anyone else notice that the stone glowed when it was held in front Shifu?? Viper asked. Ivy picked up the stone.
?Yeah, I noticed,? Po and Crane said.
?It must mean something,? Tigress said.
?Maybe that stone wants us to leave,? Blood said crossing his arms and smirking. Jade elbowed his ribs, causing him to almost fall.
?No he?s right,? I said. ?If this stone was from Oogway then we must abide by it. Ivy you must stay. The rest of you are dismissed? The Furious Five, Po, Jade, and Blood bowed and left. Once they did the stone glowed again like a candle, Ivy being skeptical about it now. She took 2 steps forward and it glowed a bit brighter, so she walked, letting the stone guide her as I followed. The stone led us outside and up the stairs that lead to the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom. When we reached the top the stone was dull once more. I walked ahead of her when she stopped walking.
?I see you two are getting along well? I turned my head in the direction of the voice to see Oogway?s spirit there. Ivy and I exchanged looks.
?I had assumed the one was to be an animal,? I said. ?Not, er, a human?
?Excuse me?? Ivy said.
?I chose her kind for a reason,? Oogway said.
?I know, but-? I started.
?Do you think I?m not supposed to be here or something?? Ivy asked.
?Well, no I??
?You?re hinting it then, and you also bluntly said you expected an animal and not a human?
?I know I said that but??
?Why did I even bother coming here anyway? Why did I even pick up that stone in the first place?!? After she said that she stormed off, and I saw the mark glowing ever so faintly. Oogway shook his head at me. I opened my mouth to speak.
?I am shaking my head because I see that you need only time,? Oogway said.
?Strangely this is reminding me of how I first treated Po, except this time everyone likes the newcomer,? I said. (if what comes next doesn?t make sense to you sorry. I tried to make a wise teaching thing)
?Think of the peach. It?s one with its tree when it is fully grown. A time comes when it falls from the tree. Its seed, the conscience, thinks otherwise. It is planted of new reason and thinking, blossoms, and the tree is united with the fruit again. She will come at her own time, and as will you. She will blossom into a great warrior with help from the others? I sighed. His words always helped put the puzzle together.
?Thank you master? And with that he faded into the breeze.

Date: 06/02/14 2:01 PM

@treine
thanks! that means a lot. I will post whenever I can.

Date: 05/31/14 1:03 PM

Interesting!! It's funny how they are barely getting to meet a human who is extremely nice and kind!! Ivy is a bit mysterious, but awesome!! :D

*~Treine~*

Date: 05/31/14 11:43 AM

next part is coming soon...

Date: 05/26/14 1:30 PM

Chapter2-part3
The group of animal warriors led me through the village and up a HUGE, and I mean huge staircase. There were probably about like a million steps. For about 30 minutes no one spoke, but Monkey kept eyeing me like he was trying to figure out something, like a puzzle. Finally, he broke the silence.
?What kind of clothes are those?? Monkey asked. I looked down at my outfit.
?Yeah I?ve never seen anything like it,? Crane said.
?This is kinda what we wear where I come from,? I replied.
?Which is where exactly, ?cause it seems to me like you just poofed here, or maybe you?re a traveler?? Po said.
?Well, I came from a place where animals don?t talk, I?m from Tennessee which is in America, and Oogway probably sent this stone to form a portal to here?
?Guess we have 2 Americans here,? Jade said. ?I came from New York?
?Really? Nice!?
?But the animals could talk?
?I don?t see how anyone can live around animals that can?t talk,? Mantis said.
?Well there are a few that do, but they?re kind of trained to do it. Or it?s just natural. Most of the time talking animals are considered fantasy,? I explained.
?So you?re like from another dimension,? Po said.
?Guess so?
?We?re here,? Tigress announced. We stopped in front of two giant double doors. Whoever built this place was a genius. She pushed open the doors to reveal a beautiful main hall made entirely out of jade. Majestic pillars supported the Palace, and there were relics along the walls. I marveled at the beauty of this place. This is like rich people territory. Po then seemed to have gotten an idea. Without warning he showed me to the closest artifact, and he seemed really excited about them.
?This is the Sword of Heroes,? Po explained. ?It?s said to be so sharp you could cut yourself just by looking at it?
?Really? That sharp huh?? I said. A bit exaggerated but ok, I thought. Po then walked to a huge suit of armor meant for a rhino.
?This, is Master Flying Rhino?s armor, and look it even has authentic battle damage? I have to admit, these things are pretty cool. I can see why he gets excited about them. After he showed me about every single relic there (my favorite was the painting of Master Oogway) Tigress called us over, everyone else already by a pool with a golden dragon above it. They were in front of her by the time we got there. Tigress bowed fist to palm style.
?Master Shifu, we have brought the one Oogway foretold,? she explained. ?We found her at Mr. Ping?s attempting to defend him? The others moved aside to reveal a red panda getting up and turning to face me. He looked up and we made eye contact, his eyes widening.
?You?are human?? he asked, sounding like he was shocked.
?At least he knows what I am,? I muttered under my breath.
Shifu?s POV
I had assumed she was to be an animal, not a human. Clearly there must be a mistake, but then again Oogway had always said that there were no accidents.
?Forgive me if I insult you,? Tigress said to the girl, and turned to me, ?but how did you know what she was??
?I have read about humans before,? Shifu said. ?I?ve read that they were great conquerors and went by the old ways. Is this still true?? The girl rubbed the back of her head.
?Umm, not, uhh really,? she said.
?What is your name??
?Ivy, Ivy Stone? I was beginning to process the event when my eyes caught a glowing light from Ivy?s pocket.
?W-why?s your pocket glowing? What?s in your pocket?? I asked, gesturing to it with my staff. She pulled out a glowing jade stone.
?Oogway gave it to me to help me?
?I see? The stone got brighter and brighter until we had to shield our eyes.
?Why is it glowing that bright?? Blood asked. I heard Ivy hiss as she dropped the stone. The light vanished, and when it did I saw a burn mark on her right palm. It looked as if it were beginning to heal, but I saw that this second mark would stay, and the stone left an indentation, one of a chi symbol faded behind a single peach blossom.
?Look at your hand!? Viper said. Ivy looked at her palm and looked as if she were about to scream.
?What the-how the-oh my-? Ivy stuttered. ?Is this gonna come off? I don?t remember any carvings on this stone?
?I?m afraid that mark will stay,? I said. ?That must?ve been a significant mark?

Date: 05/26/14 12:37 PM

Just came back yesterday. The next part is coming up next!

Date: 05/16/14 3:37 PM

@treine- thanks! that means a lot.

Attention readers,
I will not be able to post any parts next week because I will be on vacation. I will hopefully post some when I get back.

Date: 05/12/14 3:12 PM

Well, it looks like your story is getting really interesting and that they've never met a human before!! This will be getting good!! I can't wait for this great experience!!

*~Treine~*

Date: 05/10/14 12:53 PM

Chapter2-part2 (still Ivy?s POV unless I say otherwise)
I turned my head away from the corner and sighed inwardly. Ok, it?s bad enough to make a gorilla angry, but it?s even worse when they?re already angry, especially when it?s more than one. Helping him would be the right thing, but I may not live to see anything else afterwards?or get squashed flat to a pancake, I thought. After debating with myself (I?m not crazy) I eventually mustered up the courage to help the goose. I appeared in the doorway and stood my ground.
?Hey tough guys!? I yelled. They both turned and I saw that one of them, the taller one, had a scar on his left eye. I gulped mentally. ?You leave him alone!? The two looked at each other and laughed. Well, so far I?m still alive.
?Hah! What are you gonna do runt, or?whatever you are?? the shorter guy said.
?Let?s just get them both,? Scar Guy spat. As they reached for me I slipped past them and ran into the kitchen to grab a pan. ?Now that?s pathetic?
?At least I?m armed,? I justified. The short guy blinked.
?Hey she?s got a point,? Shorty said. Scar Guy whacked him on the back of the head. As they got ready to charge I readied myself while the goose was cowering behind the counter, but someone from behind the gorillas said,?Hey! Leave my dad and, that other person?thing alone!? The gorillas turned to see a panda backed by a tiger, crane, viper, monkey, a green dot which I think is a bug, and two wolves. The shorter one gulped.
?Uhh, we were just leaving,? Shorty said as leaned in toward Scar Guy. ?We?re outnumbered? Scar Guy huffed and shifted his position.
?We?ll be back,? he said, and they climbed over the walls and vanished.
?Wow, that was easy,? the panda said. ?I was expecting some huge fight, but I guess not. Ahem is everyone alright??
?Po!? the goose said behind me, who I?m guessing is Po?s dad-strange. Maybe Po?s adopted? ?I?m so happy you?re here!? He turned to me. ?And I should thank you for at least trying? I shrugged and smiled. I turned my attention to the group of animals and felt my pocket for the stone. I had put it away when I came to face the thugs.
?Umm hi. I?m looking for the Jade Palace. This tortoise named Oogway told me I?d find a certain group of animals here and I think you guys are it,? I said.
?She must be the one Oogway foretold,? the viper said. Ok, so apparently these guys have been waiting for me to come around?cool, but weird.
?What?s your name?? the female wolf asked.
?Ivy, Ivy Stone,? I said.
?Oh, ok. This is Po, Tigress, Monkey, Viper, Crane, Mantis, and Blood. I?m Jade? Huh, five names are self explanatory except for three?this is gonna be interesting.
?Nice to meet you all?
?We should probably bring her to Master Shifu,? Blood said.
?Good idea,? Mantis said, and he turned to me (he was on Monkey?s shoulder). ?Shifu?s the master of the Palace?
?Oh,? I said. Now I?m feeling nervous.

3rd person POV
Far away from the Valley of Peace are a range of mountains, where a secret society lay hidden from all of China. The two gorilla thugs who were at the noodle shop waited by tall Oakwood double doors lined with gold and bronze. All of a sudden the doors creaked open inwardly, announcing that they could enter the dark throne room. When the doors stopped they walked into the torch lit room, the flames gold. The walls? paint wasn?t visible, but it was sure they were a dull gray with hints of ancient gold Chinese characters written all over them, as if the walls were a giant canvas. The tiles were silver and the pillars were gold and bronze. The gorillas stopped in front of a shadowed throne that was the deepest red and the lining was a deep bronze. The two bowed and looked at the shadow, a steely gold eye the only thing visible.
?What is it now?? boomed a deep voice.
?We thought you?d like to know that a strange being has arrived in the Valley of Peace,? Scar said.
?Is it a leopard? Any foreign animals??
?The thing is, it?s not an animal. In fact we don?t even know what it is? A figure shifted on the throne.
?Tell me what this, creature, looked like?
?Well, it has no fur except on the head, it was a girl, it had weird clothes, bright jade eyes, and dark brown auburn hair? The figure let out a deep chuckle.
?Another human huh??
?So that?s what they are,? Shorty said. Scar slapped the back of Shorty?s head.
?Forgive him,? Scar said. ?What do you wish for us to do?? The figure rose from the throne, the shadows still obscuring the being from view.
?I will take care of it? Scar was about to speak when he bowed.
?Of course sir?

Date: 05/10/14 11:46 AM

@treine
thanks! That means a lot!

Date: 05/05/14 2:21 PM

Chapter 2-part 1
?Oh well would you look at that,? Ivy said sarcastically. ?I?m now Alice falling down a rabbit hole. Where?s the rabbit?? As she fell deeper and deeper into the vortex everything seemed to reverse back in time. An Phone floated by her ringing and then a telegraph, which was in great condition. Then, everything started to slow down and freeze in time, including Ivy. Peach blossoms swirled around to form a ghostly figure of a tortoise as she remained suspended in the air.
?Greetings young warrior,? it said.
?Umm, you?re a talking tortoise, and they?re not supposed to talk,? Ivy said. ?And ?warrior?? I?m not a warrior?
?There will be many animals like myself?
?Seriously? This has to be joke or something?
?No young one. This is all reality. Forgive me, for I have not introduced myself. I am Master Oogway, the one who left you that stone you have in your pocket?
Ivy?s POV
?Stone? I don?t have a-? As I felt for the stone I touched a bump in my pocket and pulled it out. Weird, I could?ve sworn it burst into a bright light and vanished from existence.
?That special stone will guide you to a group of other brave warriors I want you to meet. They reside in the Jade Palace? Then the wind began to pick up (how is there wind down here?!). ?My time is short. I wish you luck on the path destiny has laid out for you? As Oogway said those last words and faded away, everything began to speed up, and when everything sped up, I saw a flash of a bluish white light and I landed on solid ground with a thud, landing on my back. I groaned and rubbed my lower back as I sat up.
?Well that was abrupt,? I said to myself. During the rabbit hole incident my hair got loose and was now in knots. I combed my hair with my fingers and sat up, dusting off my dark blue jeans and aqua tank top. I took a look at my surroundings-trees I don?t know what kind they are, odd little houses, and noises I never heard of. I took another look at the houses in the distance. They kinda look like. . . wait. Am I, in ANCIENT CHINA?! How in the world did I go back in-
My eyes caught a flash of a jade light a few feet away from where I landed. I walked over to it and picked it up. When I had it out in front of me it glowed a bit brighter. Curious, I pulled my right arm in and it dimmed. I outstretched my arm and it got brighter. Amused by this I repeated this for several times before deciding to walk forward, the stone acting as a compass and flickering like a candle as if a tiny little ball of light was inside.
After about a 5-hour walk I finally found civilization. A sign in Chinese and English (thankfully) said ?Valley of Peace? and the stone just flickered out. Looking out ahead of me I decided that the name was suitable. I crossed a bridge and entered a town. Everywhere I looked were geese, bunnies, pigs, and the occasional goat, all talking. This is gonna take some getting used to, I thought. As I walked by I saw from the corner of my eye young bunnies looking at me with awe with other animals whispering into their neighbor?s ear. They act like they?ve never seen a human before.
?I?m givin? you one last warning goose!? a gruff voice threatened. I walked by a noodle shop, saw 2 huge gorillas threatening an old goose, and pressed myself against a wall and peeked behind a blind corner.

Date: 05/05/14 2:06 PM

Nice story, and I read it!!

*~Treine~*

Date: 04/29/14 12:47 PM

@readers who read First Book
u still there?

Date: 04/26/14 1:37 PM

Chapter 1-part 3
It was a sunny afternoon in Iron City, Tennessee and Ivy Stone was practicing writing Chinese characters. Ivy was the only girl in the city with no country accent, which kind of made her a bit different. The 16-year-old was in her room concentrating very hard on this particular character, her bright jade eyes on the lookout for any mistakes. Around her trash can and her maple desk were dozens and dozens of crumpled balls of paper, which were messed up attempts. There were some perfect ones posted on her walls around her room. Only the ones with meaning to her and took long hours were above her bed. Those had a background according to what the character meant. The only ones there were destiny, warrior, and peace in a triangular formation. Destiny was on top and had a mirror as a background, warrior was on the left and had a samurai sword and a bamboo staff crossed together, and peace was on the right and had a small cherry blossom tree with petals falling from it. All three were professionally made. Now, Ivy worked on the character for peach tree, her dark brown auburn hair in a rough bun to keep it out of the way.
?Ugh! I always mess up at that part,? Ivy said. ?Maybe I should take a break. Fresh air might be good? She threw away the drawing, got up, and stepped on a couple of crumpled balls of paper. She looked at her smooth Oakwood floor and realized how long she?d been at this one character. ?Wow?
After she cleaned up the mess she went out to her back porch swing and laid down. Everything had a tint of gold to it due to the sun. As she laid there something softly landed on her chest. She opened her eyes and saw that a peach blossom had landed there. I don?t remember a peach tree in my backyard, Ivy thought. She took the flower and set it inside. When she came out she saw a flash of color in a bush. She blinked and the light gleamed a deep jade. She went to the bush and reached in and felt something smooth. She grabbed it and found a smooth deep jade stone.
?Huh, cool stone,? Ivy said. She then dropped the stone when it suddenly got too hot and it thumped on the grass, leaving a small mark the shape of the stone on her right palm. It sounded heavy, yet it was as light as a feather. The moment it hit the ground a portal opened up into the ground the size of a rabbit hole. Out of curiosity she kneeled down and peered inside, but she leaned too far in and fell into the unknown.

Date: 04/21/14 1:41 PM

Chapter1-part2
Shifu blew out all the candles and stood there. This was probably some sort of misunderstanding, but Oogway was almost never wrong. If a new warrior was to come, then that meant a new threat was soon to come, along with the possibility of finding the second Dream Orb. After thinking this Shifu then went to the kitchen, where the Five, Po, Jade the American wolf, and Blood were having lunch.
?Hey guys, remember this?? Po asked. He picked up the bowl of noodles, slurped them, and had noodles dangling from his nose when he put the bowl down. ?I?m Master Shifu!? Masters Mantis, Monkey, Crane, and Viper started laughing as well as Jade and Blood. Tigress still didn?t laugh at that joke, but smirked slightly. It was a bit funny. Shifu then appeared in the doorway and the laughing stopped almost immediately. ?What? Oh, sorry? Shifu blinked, cleared his throat, and said, ?I?have made contact with Master Oogway and he has told me some interesting news?
?Woooaah, you saw Oogway? Isn?t he?you know?.dead??
?Yes, but his spirit spoke to Shifu,? explained Viper.
?Oohhh, ok. That-is severely cool?
?Oogway has told me that a new warrior will be arriving soon,? Shifu continued.
?Wait a minute, there?s gonna be another Dragon Warrior?? Crane asked.
?That?s impossible,? Tigress said. ?There?s only one Dragon Warrior, and that?s Po?
?There isn?t going to be another, but they are still going to be one of us,? Shifu said.
?I?m thinking the person?s a girl,? Jade said. ?We uh, need more girls to tame the boys?
?What?s that supposed to mean?? Mantis justified.
?Maybe the guy?s a good prankster,? Monkey said.
?I actually agree with Jade,? Tigress said.
?The warrior is, as Jade said, a female. Oogway stated that she will come by his guidance,? Shifu said. ?We must make preparations for whenever she is to come?
?So Oogway didn?t specify when her arrival was going to be??
?No, he did not. Whether she comes tomorrow or in weeks or months, we must be ready. Everyone must be on their best behavior, especially you Po?
?What? I?m not bad,? Po protested. ?I?m awesome?.and so are you guys, as always?
?You are a bit annoying sometimes,? Blood muttered under his breath.
?Tell me about it,? Tigress agreed.
?Enough. We must start preparing? Shifu said. Everyone bowed fist to palm style as they got up.
?Yes master,? they said.

Date: 04/19/14 6:10 PM

Chapter1-part1-(3rd person POV unless otherwise)
It?s been several months since the return of Tai Lung, and nothing out of the ordinary has come up. Blood has recently joined the Jade Palace and the old Alpha he defeated has taken his role again as Alpha. The pack has been made allies of the Palace and has subsided in their usual hideout. Now Master Shifu was meditating by the pool below the Golden Dragon that once held the Dragon Scroll, just as Master Oogway had once done. All the candles were lit, none making a single sound. The only sound was his steady breathing.
?Shiiiifuuu,? a voice said. Shifu?s eyes snapped open as he searched for the source of the voice by sound. ?Shiifuu? The voice was louder this time. Then he recognized the voice.
?Master Oogway?? he said allowed. A breeze of peach blossom petals swept through the room and formed a figure. As the figure became more definite, the shape of an old tortoise appeared, smiling.
?I?m surprised I had to call you twice old friend,? Oogway?s spirit said.
?I can?t believe it-it?s you! It?s been so long?
?I?ve had a vision, a vision of more importance than Tai Lung?s escape?
?What is it??
?A new warrior will arrive by my guidance?
?What? How-how is that possible??
?Ah Shifu, nothing is impossible?
?There must be some, mistake?
?There are no accidents, just how Jade?s coming here was no accident?
?You knew?? Oogway nodded. ?When will he come??
?It is not a male, but a female? He started to chuckle. ?You two may get along well?
?How did you know about, err, her??
?You ask many questions, many that cannot be answered? The wind picked up. ?My time is short. I suggest you announce this to the others. Farewell Shifu, and we will meet again soon? As Oogway said those last few words, he faded away, leaving Shifu speechless.