YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
The Next Generation Shorts: YOUR Ideas!

Date: 06/19/14 11:39 PM

Hey, it's Syrup! I really wanted to continue the 'Short Story' post I had been writing, but sadly I took a "short" break.
I decided it would be really fun to write short stories with topics by YOU instead!
It would help me through writer's block, and it might even inspire me to write a full-fledged story of the topic/s!

So, here's the idea: You guys comment ideas/word(s)/phrases and I'll either choose the first one or do a combination of a few if they work well together.

OR: You guys can comment CHALLENGE: (insert challenge here) and I'll try to write a short story for the topic as good as I can write it.

ALSO: If you guys want to add on someone's idea just go for it and write something like...
I liked (Insert username)'s prompt and thought you could also...(insert prompt continuation).

Just a thought! I hope this works out, I'll write you soon!

19 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/16/14 7:42 PM

Ok, guys, I'm here to announce that Okami's prompt will be continued! I'm pretty sure I'm going to make a whole other 'blog'/post for the story.
Of course I'll continue writing and accepting prompts here, the feedback just might be slower.

Congrats Okami!

Syrup240

Date: 07/14/14 5:36 PM

I really like all of them Syrup, you're story writing is awesome! Have to agree with Wolfjade, really want to see where you go with Okami's prompt.

Wisdom is the Key
~Master Roshi

Date: 07/13/14 8:58 PM

I love it so far! Should I post more for my prompt? Just in case here we go:

The girls find something un usual in the Jade Palace (you can decide). They then get captured and Shifu seems to be gone.

Leighaw

Date: 07/13/14 1:58 PM

Sorry, I forgot one! Eeep!
P.S: Continue voting to see which story will be continued FIRST. I might continue all of them.
ALSO: Keep suggesting prompts!

Prompt by Roshi22!

A figure disguised in a black cloak trudged through the rain, concealing its face. Its feet made a strange scraping sound against the cobblestones, as if talons were raking across rock. Despite the drizzle and raggedy dresswear, the figure walked with a certain pride, head held high under the fabric, as if the cloaked animal had important business to attend to.
The figure continued on its journey until it reached an old cottage on the outskirts of town, the very edge. It tapped on the door with its foot, revealing a bird of prey?s claws and three-toed foot.
?Come in?, a raspy voice said, and the figure opened the door and strode inside. The cottage was lined with shelves, full of bottles of multicolored liquids and jars of dried spices and herbs. ?I?d like a brain switching potion?, the cloaked figure uttered, in a female voice. She dropped a sack of what was, presumably by the clanking sound, coins.
The raspy voice stepped out of the shadows. The owner was a black leopard, with a faded grey kimono on, and huge gold hoops through her ears and around her neck. A blood-red gem was stuck to her forehead. ?I am Zimbande, fellow stranger?, the feline introduced herself, taking the bag of currency off of the table, inspecting what was inside. She had an African accent.
?You wish to buy a brain-swap potion, is that correct?? she asked, browsing her selection of brews and concoctions. ?Correct?, the hooded female said, straightening up, making a sound that resembled feathers ruffling.
?I?ve got just the thing?, she grinned, plucking a jar of green liquid off of the shelf. The cloaked figure reached out to snag the glass, but Zimbande moved it out of reach. ?See, now, this potion is very strong. Put only a drop of the brew into one?s food. The side-affects should start in about 24 hours, lasting forever, or until one finds the antidote within three days?, the leopard instructed. She handed over the bottle, her golden eyes glinting in the lantern-lit room. The hooded female quickly left.

Date: 07/12/14 11:00 PM

Just read all your prompts SYRUP240- all of them are great!
If you are asking me which one is the best...well, I may have to say OKAMI21's wins hands down. The others were great,don't get me wrong- there is just something about Taotie finding the lost mystery object that makes me want to know more!!!!
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/11/14 5:21 PM

Prompt by Wolfjade28!

?ALL RIGHT!? A blood-curdling yowl pierced the air, shushing the chattering animals in the large hideout. Hundreds of villains had gathered at the Wu Sister?s mansion, from wolf bandits to infamous masterminds world-renowned. A raised platform stood at the front of the room, with an assortment of species standing on it. They all had sinister glints in their eye, a snarl or devious grin plastered on their muzzles.
?I?m sure you all know what we came here to discuss?, A female snow leopard strode across the stage, her paws clasped together in front of her. ?Dearest, would you please do the honors?? The feline asked, looking pointedly at another snow leopard, who looked exactly like the first, except for the eye colors and bright violet dress.
A rope was pulled, and one of the biggest maps ever made un-scrolled from a complex mechanism. It was of the Valley of Peace. TBC!

Syrup240

Date: 07/11/14 5:17 PM

Prompt by Leighaw!

Riku and Nika crept around the Valley of Peace, staying close to the undergrowth and shadows on the outskirts of the many shops and houses. The deer twins gave one quick glance at each other, brown eyes meeting green, before the two split off in different directions.
Finally they both made it to the steps of the palace undetected. Nika, the female twin, checked both of their worn leather sacks, making sure they had all of their equipment ready. She gave the thumbs-up, and they shouldered their bags once again, taking off with the speed and precision only hooved creatures can master. In less than a minute they had cantered up the long stairs and leapt gracefully onto the green tiled roof.
?Ready to sabotage?? Riku asked, grinning wickedly at the thought of the plan succeeding. ?As ready as I?ll ever be?, Nika smirked, dropping to the palace?s entry platform below. TBC!

Syrup240

Date: 07/11/14 11:22 AM

This-is-so-AWESOME!!! Great work Syrup and Okami! Just an idea but have you thought of making the wolf-bot go rouge and turn on Taotie too, forcing both sides to team up against this unstoppable monster?

Wisdom is the Key
~Master Roshi

Date: 07/09/14 12:31 AM

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!!!

WE'VE JUST RECIEVED URGENT NEWS FROM THE GENERAL(aka RTFACTS) THAT ALL STORIES FROM STORY BOARDS WILL BE ERASED.
THEREFORE IT IS IMPORTANT TO SAVE ANY STORIES TO FILES ON COMPUTER, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.
ALL IS NOT LOST. WHERE THERE IS WILL. THERE ARE WAYS, WHERE THERE IS HOPE, THERE IS FUTURE...

Spread the message. The fate of all our stories lies within our hands.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/08/14 10:44 PM

Hey, it?s Syrup again! I?m here to bring the preview chapters/intro on each of your prompts! They will all be posted one at a time.

And sorry about some of the nonsense in my last post, I thought one KFP villain was a fan-made character for a second.
Prompt by Okami21!
Taotie moved his hoof around the stone wall, feeling for a pattern. His lantern only illuminated such a small space, especially in the swampy weather. ?Dad?,Bian grumbled, wrapping his brown cloak tighter around him, ?We?ve been searching for at least 10 minutes. It?s not here.? Taotie persisted still, squinting to get a better look at the mossy mountain side. ?It?s here somewhere, son. The scrolls are always right!? The older warthog insisted, scratching away the ivy. ?You mean the one you found under your seat at the tofu place?? Bian declared the sentence more than asking it.

?Have faith in me! When have I ever done you wrong?? Taotie asked. ?Don?t get me started?, Bian sighed. Suddenly the fatherly swine went rigid. ?Dad?? Bian asked, stepping closer and holding up his lantern to get a better look.

?I found it?, Taotie whispered, so quiet it was almost impossible to hear. His son quickly scrambled to his side, wanting to see it for himself. An etching of a wolf was carved into the rocky outcrop. ?The legend is true?, Bian breathed out, his eyes wide.

Date: 07/08/14 10:11 PM

@Everyone:

Thank you for your wonderful submissions! I will start working on the one/ones I am capable of doing right now!
I'm sorry to those who don't get picked, and also, it would be very difficult for me to write a story involving a fan-made character.

ALSO: Please remember the prompt is Next Generation shorts.

Thanks!

Syrup240 ;D

Date: 07/05/14 7:54 AM

Ooh Ooh! I got one!:

You can make a villain that drives the furious five mad so they fight against Po and Shifu So the don't now what they have to do because they don't want to hurt there Friends.

ENJOY!

Leighaw

Date: 07/03/14 8:32 PM

How about this?

Story:

Taotie, facing yet ANOTHER defeat finds a robot white wolf thing that he successfully reprograms to take down the Furious Five. His other inventions might had it's flaws, but this thing is like the Terminator in Super Saiyan 4 with a Master Sword(Other words, unstoppable)

Good luck!
Okami

Date: 06/26/14 6:38 PM

How about a full alliance made between all of Po's enemies with the ultimate goal of destroying Po and the rest of gang, and taking over China. Feng-wuang or Jin-ji would be the perfect criminal masterminds. With all the villians in the previous episodes, you could have a great story!Of course, you'd have to reunite all the heroes too!

Please let WOLFJADE28 know if you like this idea-you heard it here first.

Date: 06/26/14 2:58 PM

This is a pretty cool blog syrup240! :)

I've got a good Challenge story for you, I've been throwing the idea around lately.

Story: Fenghuang returns to seek vengance on the Furious Five and Po. This time she's come prepared with a secret weapon an ancient Chinese relic known as the M Gu a strange looking cabinet. Secretly placing it outside the Jade Palace gates. The masters think it's some sort of gift and find out too late of it's sinister effects. The masters wake the next morning to find their not themselves but rather one of their comrades Tigress is Po, Shifu is Mantis, Mantis is Crane, Viper is Monkey, Po is Tigress, and Crane is Viper. They'll have to learn to use their friends techniques if they hope to stop Fenghuang. Hope you like it!

Wisdom is the Key
~Master Roshi

Date: 06/25/14 9:25 AM

Syrup,
This is leighaw famous storywriter with triene and I would like to ask you to do an action packed story and have animal(s) in it. Also I suggest deer.

Leighaw