YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Kung Fu Panda » View Thread
Legend of Merlin; Tale of a Sneaky Hero

Date: 07/05/14 7:21 PM

Chapter One

Slowly pacing back and forth in the ?well cleaned? room with two bowls laying in the top right corner and a little dimer in the corner.
Things will be OK.
They said Mom will be back soon to pick me up.
I will be OK.
That was three years ago.
They abandoned me. Some Lie.
But who?s saying they?ll come back! Huh!
It?s like I am a bad guy and they imprisoned me. Now I?m in How Chi Orphanage and there?s no escaping How Chi Orphanage. Everybody hates me. It?s not my fault! I was born as a lion and that?s the universe?s fault! Not mine!
I am a 5-year-old girl and my teeth are already the size of my tail! Everybody is frightened of me!
I had a plan. A plan that would take action so I could be free. This plan was guaranty to work.
Hurry up! Shouted a little rabbit panting to keep up with Miss June who was ten feet ahead of eeryone. Then a little goose came over. He put his webfoot out and when I fell my mouth was filled with tiles from the floor, and my ears were down then I heard the little chuckles as I pushed my self up. My eyes narrowed, as if I were closing them to dose off. Then before the little goose could move his web like feat and run for his life, I bit him, but very gentle because I haven?t learned to hunt. Owe! Merlin bit me Miss June! That little yellow monster! Accused the goose with a smirk while following the others to the park were they were going to picnic with roasted beef and mouth watering watermelon. Oh Merlin. This is the 348 time you?ve acted bad this month! This is also the 876 time this year! Shouted Miss June shifting her goat hooved foot I?m afraid you can?t come to the picnic. She finished her sentence and went to the orphans. Just as I had planned. I thought. Then A goat dragged me back to my room and I got up and walked with him not looking, Just staring at the rusty tiles and creeks between them filled with bugs alive and not. The creeks were filled with some sort of sand. It looked like cement but it wasn?t. Wait up! Shouted an orphan as I heard some familiar footsteps. Hi Shan. I said smiling. Too bad you can?t come to the picnic and you have to stay in this dump. Shan said frowning but still smiling with the red uniform you had to were in the orphanage. I didn?t have one because lions don?t were clothes. But I?m not staying I said my smile fading away but still showing. The blue eyes of Shan were so sweet and helpful, he was the only one who trusted me and played with me. What! You can?t leave! I don?t want you to! Shan shouted a tear rolling down his face like he was in drizzles of rain. Shan, I am going so I can live happy like you will someday. You understand? I said whipping the tear off his face and acting mother like when I don?t mean to. I understand. He said Good Luck! Then I said sadly Bye. As I disappeared in to the shadows of the forest were I could be who I am.

25 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/26/14 7:20 AM

Chapter Six
When I woke up I was lying in Tigresses room. What a sight! There where pictures of Shifu everywhere. Then I sat up on the bed. I went to go write something in my room when I saw my paws were Tigresses. I ran to a mirror. I ran towards my body witch Tigress was in and said, Switch us back! Well it will take a while. But I can do it. Lets go outside. Tigress said as the girls walked outside. I shall begin meditating. Tigress said getting into meditating form. When she was done we saw her soul fly back into mine. But something went wrong. The moment Tigress was switching our souls back Crane came out with news. My soul was in my body, but Tigresses soul was in Cranes body and Cranes soul was in Tigresses body. Then when Crane turned to fly (he did not know he was in Tigresses body) he jumped and fell. Huh? He said. Then he looked at his wings put when he turned his head to look there were tiger paws. Then Tigress flew away. Tigresses Real soul was up in the hide out of Fang Wan trapped up inside her body and Fang Wan was in Cranes body now. Fang Wan (In Cranes body now) flew back to the Jade Palace and switched back to Tigress. Monkey ran out and told the five, me and Po to come to the training hall. We went in Shifu Told us Fang Wan was spotted in the mountains and to hurry their. Then, Fang Wan had no choice but to switch back into her body, So with Tiger speed she ran up the mountain to Tigress (in Fang Wans body) and switched them back. Fang wan untied the ropes tying her up and flew around the mountain waiting for me the five and Po. When the rest of the five, me and Po arrived it was a trap. There were boulders in the way. I could hear Tigress Roars echoing through the canyon. Tigress was in danger.

Date: 07/22/14 4:46 PM

@Master Roshi

Thanks for the offer (again) and I think I know what it takes to write good stories! I will do great now that wolf jade is encouraging me. I think I really do not need any more help (that goes for wolf jade too.)! Any way, thanks for the comment.

Don't think just do,
Master Leighaw

Date: 07/22/14 1:51 PM

Sorry I have not posted in a while . . .

@wolfjade
I turned nine on July 15, 2014

Chapter 5

When I woke up the next day I went to the kitchen. There, the rest of the five were. No Po. I wondered were he was. All the five except for tigress and me, were clutching their chopsticks and stuffing their faces. A real hero, would savior every bite. I kept on saying. The five kept ignoring me. While I was sleeping did some little deaf fairy come and make them deaf? I asked Tigress who was listening to me. No. Said tigress walking swiftly to the training hall. I sat down and then Monkey began to speak to me. Hurry up and eat before Po gets here! Monkey said. I ignored. I still ignored what he said when he said it a second time. And the third time. And the forth time. Then I heard the big thumps of enormous paws or feet. I thought it was Po. Then Master Shifu came in. Then Po following. Today Po and I will demonstrate the chi la punch kick. Said Master Shifu snatching all the food bowls and throwing them at Vipers room were she was lounging. Then we swiftly walked towards the training hall each time being bumped up by Po thumping. Then we saw Tigress, meditating. Shifu put his pointer finger up to his mouth. Suddenly, we saw Tigresses soul fly out of her body and into my body. I fell and went unconscious.

Date: 07/14/14 5:40 PM

This is really great Leighaw! I like how you're doing it in 1st person thats a very creative approach. Keep up the awesome work P.S. If you still want some story ideas and characters let me know.

Wisdom is the Key
~Master Roshi

Date: 07/14/14 4:21 PM

Yay, another post. and congrats on turning...w8, how old r u?

Well, however old u r- congrats!!!
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/14/14 10:30 AM

Sorry I was on Vacation to celebrate my birthday on July 15 . . .

Next Chapter!!!

Chapter 4

How will we get Fong and the emerald of eternity back! I exclaimed. He is probably on his way to Tong Fo . . . Maybe we should set off to the mountains to find him and the emerald of eternity. Tigress said smirking with pleasure while slamming her fist against her hand. Well I forgot to have my hourly Dumplings . . . Said Po lifting his stomach and dropping it and watching it wobble. Po! Tigress growled. Po was scared, so he went over thumping into the kitchen and did that Nervous Eating Thing. Tigress ran in after him. Then she grabbed Po by the pants and dragged him to the village. Po was still munching on Dumplings when they had reached the lair of Tong Fo. So what does the emerald of eternity do? Po asked, his mouth full of Dumplings. It gives the power to reveal secrets of one to weaken someone. You can only possess the power by eating part of the emerald. When you do that, the person who ate it can look at someone, and go in their mind and see their worst fear. With that they can weaken you. Answered Tigress staring at the amazing but scary looking door of the lair of Tong Fo. All I just heard was Blab Blab something about thoughts Blab Blab something about eating something. Po said throwing the bowl at crane. Tigress sighed and opened the door. Tong Fo was standing on one of the statues. Well well. What do we have here? You have come for the emerald of eternity huh? Well I do not have it . . . The croc bandits kept it for them selves. Now leave before I smash your head off. Then The five and me ran out. I sniffed the air. What is it? Tigress asked looking at me. Meat. I said running towards the smell. This is bound to work! The lion will come and eat the meat, witch will bring the rest of them here! Fong said holding some meat. But will that bring them to fight us for the emerald? Gary said. Gary! Fong shouted throwing his helmet on the ground. I crawled closer to the smell of meat. Yum. I thought. Then Gary had dug a deep hole big enough to hold a lion and deep enough so one can not come out. Fong threw in the meat. I raced through bamboo and fell in the hole. I looked up. My hunger had trapped me! I started eating the meat while the rest of the furious five and Po fought. I roared and roared with anger as I tried to climb out. Then when the rest of the five and Po were done fighting Viper hung her tail down the hole and said Grab on! I took hold of her tail and Viper pulled me out. We got the emerald of eternity. Lets return it to its place in the Jade Palace. Tigress said grasping the emerald. When we got back we placed the emerald in its place. I plopped on my bed and fell asleep. First I had a bowl of Dumplings though. I am like Po . . . a Dumpling head.

Date: 07/13/14 4:45 AM

Here's a hit composed in u'r honor....

R U SLEEPING?
R U SLEEPING?
DEAR LEIGHAW,
DEAR LEIGHAW,
I'M GETTING PRETTY BORED NOW,
I'M GETTING PRETTY BORED NOW,
CAN U TELL?
CAN...U...TELL?

Let me know what u think-
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/12/14 2:47 AM

HEY LEIGHAW!!!
DID YA MISS ME?(probably not,i'm just kidding)
R U GOING TO POST MORE OF YOUR STORY?
I HOPE SO. IT'S NO FUN POSTING TO YOURSELF!

Seriously though, I can't wait 4 u'r next post!
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/10/14 4:03 AM

"MUY FANTASTICA!!!!" (meaning very fantastic)
Perfect.
Got your reply. So glad to hear. I just said that RTFACTS was the info source since...
1-its true, &
2-if there happens to be a misunderstanding(which I doubt there will be), then we can actually say we weren't the source of origin- we'r just the humble messengers.
B.T.W-I love where you're going with your stories. Keep up good work, no matter how discouraged you may/may not become.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/09/14 3:35 PM

Like this:

" hi hi "

Did it work???

Date: 07/09/14 3:22 PM

I am with you. I just copied my story but I need to do all of them I will report to you when I am done . . .

Date: 07/09/14 12:20 AM

1-great addition to your story
2- 4 "quotes",u have to HOLD SHIFT DOWN+(' ") at same time, otherwise it wont work
3- ALL OF OUR STORIES ARE COMING TO AN END!!!
Need help getting this memo out from RTFACTS to everyone-
ALL STORIES POSTED ON BOARDS WILL BE ERASED. IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT WE ALL SAVE OUR STORIES ON OUR PERSONAL COMPUTER FILES(or something like that). IF WE FAIL, ALL K.F.P STORIES SHALL CEASE TO EXIST.
LETS FACE IT- THE FATE OF ALL STORIES RESTS IN OUR HANDS.
let me know if you're in.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/08/14 8:43 PM

Chapter 3

Master Shifu had assigned me to work with Tigress. Tigress was just the tiger that knew Kung Fu. Of course, all the other masters helped me, including Po, the dumpling head himself. What Po said I ignored, and what the other masters said, I listened closely. I learned a couple new powers and seven new moves. Since the lion family is a relative of the tiger family, I learned a couple tricks that only tigress could do. For example, prancing, stopping by scratching your claws on the ground, and how to trip animals and bandits with my tail. I crawled in to my room, half limping. Then I heard the lunch gong. LUNCH! I exclaimed. I ran to the lunchroom my legs stamping rapidly, almost tripping my self. I quickly grabbed a bowl of Dumplings. Then I grabbed some bean buns. You should really eat better stuff like noodles. Said Tigress as we both sat down. I have not had anything in weeks though. I was hungry for 5 weeks. I had only snow, one salmon, rabbit bones, and rabbit meat. It was rough in the forest. I answered stuffing my face with Dumplings. Oh. That is rough. Well that?s what warriors do! Said Tigress eating politely. She deserves to have my Dumplings! Po said pushing a full bowl toward me. Then Po took a Dumpling. Then another, and another, and another, and another, and another, until the bowl of Dumplings Po had gave me was totally empty. Po! Exclaimed Tigress growling. Then Po spit the Dumplings half chewed half slimed in to the bowl. PO! Growled Tigress even louder. Po Got a new bowl of Dumplings, but for himself. Po started gobbling up Dumplings by the second. Finally Tigress snuck under the table and knocked over the chair Po was sitting on. OWWWWWWWWW! Cried Po the Dumpling bowl on his lap landing on his face. I think you have learned your lesson. Demanded Tigress waiting for the reply yes. No. Said Po shaking his head. Well you better of! Demanded Tigress. With that Po took his lunch and ran for his life. Crane, Monkey, and Viper were shocked. I was sitting now chewing harshly on bean buns. When the five and I were done we were called into the training field. There is trouble down at the village. Master Shifu exclaimed. The croc bandits are getting away! Hurry! Shifu finished. Me, the five, and Po raced to the village. You will not stop us from steeling the emerald of eternity! Fong shouted. The five and I fought the twenty-seven crocs not including Fong, who was getting away at the moment. Hurry! Tigress shouted. But when the five, Po and me were done fighting, all that was left was dust. Fong had gotten away.

Date: 07/08/14 7:05 PM

I tried quotations. . .

No use

Date: 07/08/14 10:22 AM

Wow, getting rid of Mantis! How epic!
Oooohhh, someones gonna get it-format= being plagued with swarms of outraged insects demanding Mantis' Re-commissioning
Just kidding!
Seriously though, love the story. Keep posting!
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/07/14 11:51 PM

Only 1 word can describe a story like this-AWESOME!!!!
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/07/14 10:40 PM

Wow, it seems like I should have thought of that sooner. Thanks! I'm gonna try that.
B.T.W- Did you figure out how to do "quotations " on computer? let me know.
Can't wait for your next posts! I'm a regular reader, and I happen to like your stories.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/07/14 8:11 PM

wanna know the secret of how I write so much? OK here it is:

Go on a writing thing for example Microsoft Word and write your chapter(s) and then copy and paste on here and There you have it! Enjoy!

Master Leighaw

Date: 07/07/14 4:07 PM

Wow, great story. I can see the similarity between this and Crescent, but I also see where this is your own story coming to life! I happen to like it. Keep it up! :)
By the way, I posted on Crescents story about how to do quotation marks on computer. I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but in any case, I'm happy to help.
~WOLFJADE

Date: 07/07/14 3:53 PM

Chapter 2

You must go to The Jade Palace. I heard they need new replacements of the furious five. They also might need a new dragon warrior. Go and show them your skills. When you are done, report back to me. Said Tin Lee. But I am a Lion! Everybody is frightened of Lions! I said turning away from the trail that leads to the Jade Palace. Just try. Tin Lee said pushing me to the trail. I walked up the trail into town. It did not take long to get there. The walk up the steps was as easy as eating dumplings. When I got to the top I was panting out of breath. I flopped down of the floor, waiting for something to happen. Then I saw Master Shifu standing there, impressed that I climbed up the steps as fast as a cheetah and everybody else walked up there. Come in. Said master Shifu. I walked in to the Jade Palace. There were pictures of dragons everywhere. Wow. I said impressed. Why do you come? Do you seek of being furious five? Po is still dragon warrior though. What a dumpling head. Said Master Shifu welcoming me in and going in to his room with me so we could sit down. I seek possibilities of being furious five. You are right. Po is a Dumpling head. I answered. Well Mantis got kicked out because he acted like a fool of himself. Shifu said. Oh. I thought you were seeking a whole new furious five. Can I be tested of my skill to see if I am OK for the furious five? I asked. Sure! Anyone can. Just go sign up and you might be lucky to get chosen of your skill. Master Shifu answered showing me to training hall. Show me your best and least of power. Shifu said sitting down.. Then Shifu asked me to go to the higher rank Dummies the ones with points. I broke a few and stopped a few from hitting me, then Master Shifu asked me to go on to some powers. Golden Lotus Clap! I shouted. Then I did the Golden Lotus Clap to one, and they all broke. Master Shifu was thunderstruck. Come back tomorrow, we will choose replacements tomorrow. I walked down the steps and back to Tin Lee to report what had happened. So did you get chosen? Tin Lee asked. They are choosing tomorrow. Also, its only one person they are choosing because Mantis got kicked out. Master Shifu was awestruck when I did the Golden Lotus Clap. I answered. Good job. See you in the morning! Tin Lee said getting in her sleeping bag. I took two blankets. I placed one out to sleep on and then I got on it and put the other one over me. Then I stole a bowl of Dumplings before I dosed off. In the morning I raced to the Jade Palace. I did not bother thinking that people would fear me on the way. I ran up the steps in to the training hall. Shifu was there with the sheet of who would be the replacement for Mantis. It took two hours for everybody else to get up the steps. I was the first one there. I saw goats, wolves, rabbits, and many other species of animals. I even saw a pig! Then when everyone was there Shifu announced:
Good morning! Today we are gathered here to choose our replacement for Mantis!
There was a big cheer. Shifu continued:
This little fellow was brave enough to watch bandits do the Golden Lotus Clap and learned it herself. She was struggling to survive in the forest. She even had to struggle to live in this blizzard! She also made new friends along the way to help her! She ran up The Jade Palace steps as quick as a cheetah! Our new warrior is Merlin!
There was an enormous cheer. I walked up. I was so happy to be chosen as one of the furious five! Of course Tigress, Monkey, Crane, and Viper were there to meet their new member. I was so shocked to see Po most of all. Po? Will you sign my poster of you? I asked roaring with excitement. Sure! Awesome! Po exclaimed as he signed my poster. After the party I took all my stuff from camp and said to Tin Lee I was chosen! Wow! Tin Lee exclaimed. I am moving into the Jade palace now. I said taking my stuff and some Dumplings. Ok. I am proud of you. Tin Lee said with a tear rolling down her face. Here is something to remember me by. I said giving her a little bag with something in it. Then I left with all my stuff. When I arrived I unpacked my stuff in my room. Then I noticed a picture with a note on it in my bag. The note said:

Here is something to remember me by.
Tin Lee.

Then I looked at the picture. It was a picture of Tin Lee. Then a tear rolled down my face as I put the picture on my bookshelf my master gave me. When I finished unpacking I went to training hall where all the others were and I started training.