YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » The Penguins of Madagascar » View Thread
EPIC WRITER'S GROUP!!!! (POM branch)

Date: 01/05/14 10:07 PM

Hello, and welcome to DEWG! This is a group of fan-fiction authors who...uh...write. :P There is no "leader", and all voices will be heard. This is a group that shares tips, writes fanfics together(you know 'em doubles, triples, etc....), and more! We're looking for members in this branch...so...apply!!

Submission form example
~~~~~~~~~~
Nickname: Winxpomcp/Winx
Type of writing(POV, Third Person, etc.) : It depends...:P
Sample (short chapter) : see "Stand and Defend".
Any OC's? (list 'em.) : Ash, Kat
Any fanfics you wrote with more than one chapter? (past and present) : Time Tangled (deleted), ~~~Stand and Defend~~~, Assassin's Guild (TMNT Fanfic)

Good luck!

48 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 03/23/14 8:08 PM

okay, great minds TOTALLY think alike!
i was going to write like Kowalski hurt his foot, too!

K: Hey, not cool, man.
Me: hey, it was going to be short!
K:short pain is short for...
C: don't say it!
me:yeah. oh, and I love the heart break in Crystal. um...one question...how are we going to resolve that???
i don't want to end it with heart break.

Date: 03/04/14 6:41 PM

heheh, thanks. I think you wrote it better but I'm so used to doing single fanfics that I forgot to ask you if you wanted to do that part.
Me: I'm so dumb sometimes!
Sky: Sometimes? Is it opposite day? Oh, wait, no? if it were you would say you were "smart".
Jay: Stop being a jerk.
Sky: I know you are but what am I?
Rouge: Can't tell you 'cuz you might cry.
Sky: I wasn't even talking to you!!!
Me: *pulls them apart to keep them from killingeach other* How did this become a fight between my OCs anyway? =_=

Date: 03/03/14 7:42 PM

Even though he knew what Kat said was true, he wasn't finished.
he pushed himself into Sky's face.
He gritted his teeth and growled,
"This discussion isn't over, SKY WING! You will pay for that.I do truly Love Doris, and what's more...SHE'S MY WIFE!so i suggest you lie down before you hurt yourself."
Their gazes locked, and their eyes glittered with rage and contempt.
Finally, Kowalski backed off and walked up to the front of the line, with Crystal.
He was still steaming, and Crystal longed to put her tail over his shoulder comfortingly, but as she was human, and had no tail, she settled for placing her hand on his shoulder.
He looked at her.
"Don't let her get you down. we'll get her someday.but for now, let's focus on beating Blowhole." she smiled, the gasped. "Look!"
they were by the docks by now, and he saw a lovely dark hair down to shoulders girl. she looked confused.
he gasped.
"DORIS!"
"Kowalski? Kowalski!" she said and leaped into his arms.
"Oh, Doris, are you okay?"
she nodded.they gazed at each other, and no explanation was needed.
they walked back to the others.

that's what I wrote. winx's idea was a thousand times better, and catatheart is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeks ROCK AND RULE!!!!!!!!!! and..there's only 1Kowalski

Date: 03/02/14 10:45 PM

now I'm curious about what you wrote >:)
But yeah, my post is up now?

Date: 03/02/14 8:00 PM

Uh, no. it hasn't gone through yet. yikes, i hope my last post didn't go through! please MODS, DELETE A POST BY 1kowalski on Human or Penguin made on 3-02-14, PLEASE!

And...that's okay, I was thinking of doing the same thing.
YOU Go, GIRLS!!!

Date: 03/02/14 3:45 PM

Heheh, I added a bit of, uh, "love drama". I guess by the time you read this you might've read that, too. don't worry! Kowalski and Crystal didn't break up for good, I just wanted to make things really tense and dramatic for a bit? and then, at some point, Kowalski realizes its ok to love them both, in different ways.
Crystal is his first love, and Doris is his wife so they both have a special place in his heart.
1Kowalski: I hope you don't mind that I did that! It's only very temporary!

Date: 03/02/14 12:21 AM

Heya!!

Okay, with the events in the last two chapters, does anyone else think that there should be a bit of love drama between Crystal and Kowalski(*coughcough*Doris*coughcough*? I mean, we don't have to do it, but it would make things...interesting...

~Winx

Date: 02/22/14 4:49 PM

heheh, oh yeah! I was posting real quick so I left some stuff out.
Sky: (human form) blue eyes, brown/blond streaked hair, blue tattoo
Weapon: Claws and teeth in cat form, as a human uses her mastery of martial arts to defeat enemies.

Jay: (human form) Green/blue eyes, black hair, red tattoo
Powers (yes, he does have some): use of magic-- "spells" I guess. It's sort of hard to explain so I tend not to have him use these in my POM fanfics, though I thought it might be worth mentioning.
Weapon: And this is where the powers come in to play? He can draw runes in the air to cast pretty much any spell, though this uses energy so he is limited on how many spells he can preform within a certain amount of time.

I was thinking that, as far as who writes what goes, we can do alternating parts like this: me, 1kowalski, winxpomcp. What do you think?

Date: 02/22/14 1:09 AM

Lawl. I've been impatient since...what...three...? I don't even remember anymore. >_<

@1Kowalski: Ya gonna post?

@catatheart: Do you have a description for Sky and Jay's human forms?

~Winx

Date: 02/18/14 4:52 PM

Thanks Sorry i tend to ask "are you there" a lot because I'm ridiculously impatient? ah well. @winxpomcp- maybe we can arrange it so you don't have to write mon/wed that your busy on? Anyway? can't wait to see part 2 and 3

Date: 02/16/14 10:59 PM

Okie, 1Kowalski! (I'm goin' after her, right?)

Although, I think it would've been a smarter idea to post our OC's before anyone posted? Just a thought.

I wanna say that I have a harder time going on the computer Monday-Wednesday (aka, it's harder to type the fanfic... -_-').

~Winx

Date: 02/16/14 7:55 PM

I'm here, and I think your first part was awesome! can I write the next part? PLEASE!? (Puppy Dog eyes.)

if not, well, okay...but...PLEASE! or at least part three. what does Kowalski look like? i bet he's the handsomest guy around still. OOPS! I kind of still have a crush on him, so...

Anyway...GREAT JOB! AWESOME! HIPSTER! BEST...FAN-FIC EVER! GO, GO, GO, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kowalski and all other GEEKS ROCK! and there's only 1Kowalski! ;)

Date: 02/16/14 1:07 PM

Oh, also:
Part 1 starts with a flashback of Kowalski getting trapped in an explosion? ^^ Its from a part in the story where i was thinking the penguins just fought Blowhole over the humanizer, but the building became unstable and he got away with it because the penguins had to worry about their on safety rather than the ray. I've just been playing with that style of flashback/flash-forward in writing o3o
Also i realized we never discussed a style of writing, so I just wrote it in classic story form..i hope y'all are ok with that? so yeah ^^
any1 here??

Date: 02/15/14 11:45 PM

Ok, I have a lot of things to apologize for:
~ taking so long to post part 1 of the fanfic
~The terrible writing X_X
~The fact that most of the OCs didn't do any talking?actually there wasn't a whole lot of dialogue in general, but that's gonna change in the next part i write
But yeah, despite everything part 1 is up! *Happy dance* I dont think its the best piece I've ever written, but i was anxious to get it posted asap so i didn't have much time to review and such (even though it took me, like, a week?)

Date: 02/14/14 7:58 PM

@ catatheart: well, yeah. she's my only real OC that's completely developed.

Oh, and I don't mind if you want to write a little of the KowalskixCrystal dialogue/story, just don't make it too dramatic. a bit casual, you know...

Let's go, go go go! and we should write fanfic on different post to get more attention, okay???

Geeks RULE! and there's only 1Kowalski.

Date: 02/14/14 1:53 PM

im in the middle of writing part 1 :3 i was thinking that our OCs are visiting the penguins when it happens so i was just wondering: 1kowalski, are you just bringing Crystal?

Date: 02/14/14 1:25 AM

Heheh, thanks! ;x I'll start working on part 1

Date: 02/13/14 9:00 PM

HECK YEAH!! Sounds awesome!! I'm gonna use Ash (dark gray she-cat, for whatever reason can shapeshift) and Kat (haven't developed much yet).

~Winx

Date: 02/13/14 8:34 PM

One word: GENIUS! I think you should do first part.

Date: 02/12/14 6:26 PM

I like the title if everyone else agrees! How about we make a list of all the OCs we're gonna include? I would really like it if maybe we each pick an OC or two to be a main character and they team up with the penguins, if y'all are ok with that (lol I'm too lazy to type "all of you"). And i don't have a problem with you including KowalskixCrystal. I think all we have left is a basic plot overview. Here's my idea so far, though we can always add to it or change it:
~Kowalski invents a device that allows the penguins to turn into humans
~Blowhole or another villain tries to steal it to use it to take over the world and while he's tying to obtain it, our OCs get hit by blasts from the humanizer.
~ the team tries to stop him from destroying everything and taking over the world (Deja vu, much? lol)
so yeah? who will start once we're done with the plot?