YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » The Penguins of Madagascar » View Thread
Skipper's log ~a fanfiction~

Date: 01/30/14 9:04 PM

Whoo! My first (published) fanfic! This is mostly a story trying to answer questions about the penguin?s origins, the adventures of their early days, how they met, etc? warning: there is some Skiline, mostly in parts from Marlene?s POV, but It?s going to be mostly adventure for those of you who don?t like Skiline.
Part 1
There are a lot of ways to find out you love someone, and this is not the way I would have chosen, Marlene thought absently as she climbed down the latter into the penguins? under ground HQ. She always thought the first time she truly loved someone it would feel magical-- like fireworks or something. But there were no red roses, no fireworks, and definitely no magic. Just cold stone walls. In the penguin?s absence, the HQ felt empty, abandoned? not the welcoming place she remembered (well, ok, Skipper hadn?t always been welcoming, at first, but still). She was so lost in thought she wasn?t paying attention to where she was going and tripped. ?Ow,? she muttered, brushing herself off. A black piece of plastic lay on the ground?it must be the thing she?d tripped over. She scooped it up and took a closer look. It was a recorder. ?Huh. That?s weird.? She pressed the green button with the ?play? symbol on it. The recorder whirred to life and a familiar voice, a voice that brought a pang of longing to her heart, spilled out of the tiny machine.
?Skipper?s log.?
   12 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 03/31/14 8:27 PM

COME ON!!!!

Date: 03/18/14 7:06 PM

Wow! Thanks, both of you! yeah, I do realize that many people don't like Skiline, so I tried not to make it too much like that, but it kind of goes with the story. I've been busy lately-- I just got a new horse-- but I'll try to have the next chapter posted by Thursday at the latest.

Date: 03/17/14 10:53 PM

wow i love this fan fic. Now I admit I normally am turned off by the whole Skiline thing not sure why just never really agreed with it. That being said I absolutely love what your doing with it and cannot wait for you to write/post the rest of this story.

Date: 03/13/14 8:05 PM

HEY! I know we're busy with our Human fanfic, but...I'm dying to ready more on this.

Geeks rock! and there's...you guessed it! only 1Kowalski

Date: 02/18/14 5:02 PM

Part 3
Hot tears stung Marlene?s eyes. Listening to this old recorder, hearing this, made her miss the penguins even more- which she hadn?t thought was possible. Worst of all, she didn?t even know if they were alive. They?d just disappeared, along with their stuff, a week ago. Marlene set down the recorder carefully and climbed back up the ladder. It was starting to get dark outside, though it felt like she?d barely been down there for five minutes. ?Hey, otter lady!? King Julian called as she walked past. ?Did you find the flightless birds? I need to borrow their TV.? Marlene?s paws balled into fists and it was all she could do not to throttle the lemur. Instead, she made herself walk back to her habitat, ignoring him. Needless to say, she didn?t sleep well. In her dream, she was standing near the edge of a cliff as she watched the penguins dangling off. Skipper?s flipper started to slip and he lost his grip. ?Marlene! Help me!? he screamed. The rock was crumbling where he held on for his life. The others echoed his plea, crying out for help. She tried to run forward and save them, but she couldn?t move her legs. It seemed like they were frozen to the ground in concrete. The rock the penguins held on to crumbled away from the cliff, Marlene watches helplessly, tears streaming down her cheeks as her friends fell?
She woke up screaming. I have to hear his voice, she thought, running to the penguins? HQ. She desperately scooped up the recorder and pressed play.

Here?s part 3. My goal is to try to post a new part every other day, though I may not be able to all the time between Human or Penguin: A Mysterious Mayhem and my activities outside of the boards.

Date: 02/18/14 4:55 PM

Thanks Im gonna try to get parts out more quickly seeing as I finally overcame my slight writer's block for this fanfic

Date: 02/16/14 8:00 PM

AWESOME! KEEP IT UP!

Kowalski and all other GEEKS ROCK! and there's only 1Kowalski! ;)

Date: 02/16/14 4:27 PM

wow, I'm sorry part 2 has taken so ridiculously long? but here it is, if anyone is actually still reading
Part 2
?Skipper?s log.? Marlene gasped as a voice familiar yet strange filled the empty room- it was definitely the voice of Skipper, but he sounded younger, more unsure. ?Today Alice dropped a crate onto the island of my habitat. I was pretty exited since it?s the first time I?ve been around other penguins since my last team? was disbanded? Anyway, I was really hoping to be part of another team and I preformed my sharpest salute as they stepped out. The two penguins just stared at me. There was a tall one and one with a scar and a Mohawk. I managed to get out of the tall one that his name was Kowalski, but that?s about it. Both of them are pretty quiet, seeing as the Mohawk one hasn?t said a word since he got here. Just my luck that as soon as I actually get some company, neither of them are military penguins and they?re both about as talkative as the fish I had for breakfast. On the brightside, I managed excavating the rest of the underground base hidden beneath the habitat. I think it used to be a storage room before this was turned into a habitat because there?s a lot of junk down there. Kowalski immediately gathered up a bunch of the scrap metal and batteries and started making them into machines that I?ve never seen before. I guess he?s pretty smart. Maybe a potential lieutenant if this were a team.?
I already have part 3 written, so hopefully posting will go a lot quicker now.

Date: 02/12/14 4:48 PM

It's good so far.
you should make more.

~Tigrena

Date: 02/02/14 1:58 PM

I like it.