YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » The Penguins of Madagascar » View Thread
The Island of Dr. Blowhole ~a fanfic series, book one~

Date: 06/23/14 11:32 AM
From: caelstella

I'm trying something a little different this time. At the end of each chapter, there will be two or more options-- the readers will have to vote option a, b, or c. This is book one in a series of ?choose your own ending fanfics like this?.

Chapter One
You are drifting through darkness. The only thing you are aware of is the warm sand you lay on, and the water lapping at your feet-- everything else is a blank. Lulled by the sound of the waves, you drift in and out of consciousness. You open your eyes to see what looks like a plane wreckage?Your laying on the sandy beach of a cove, scattered with metal and ash. You spot a body trapped under what used to be the wing of a plane, and jump to your feet. You struggle to lift the plane?s wing and finally manage to drag out the body. Instinctively, you press your fingers to the man?s wrist but find no pulse. After what feels like an eternity, you feel the heartbeat return, faint but definite, and are relieved to see his chest rise and fall in shallow breaths. His eyes fly open.
?Oh, thank you,? you blurt out. ?You?re alive.?
?W-what do you mean? Who are you??
?You were unconscious. I thought you were gone. And in answer to you?re second question, I? I am?? With a sinking feeling, you realize you don?t know the answer. Who are you? How did you end up on this strange beach? And why can?t you remember anything? The questions seem to flood your mind, demanding answers you can?t give. ?I don?t know? you admit. ?Who are you??
?I?? He trails off, his expression blank and confused. ?Oh my. I don?t remember anything. AT ALL.? I can see the sudden panic in his eyes.
?Look,? you say, gesturing to the pink sky as you fight to remain calm. This situation is getting far too weird for your taste, so you decide to take it a step at a time. ?The sun is already setting?it will be night soon. We need to make shelter and a fire to keep warm and safe.?
?Shouldn?t we look for survivors? There could be more people trapped in that wreckage?people who might know some answers,? he protests.

YOU DECIDE: what will you do?
a) Build a shelter
b) Look for more survivors

Nick.com?please let it go through this time!

reply
   9 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/11/14 11:52 PM
From: caelstella

Ok, guys, I just got home from the airport (see my message "vacation: please read") and I'm really jet lagged but I wanted to announce that voting has ended and a new part will be posted soon.
THE WINNING VOTE WAS: B, look for survivors.

Thank you all so much for your comments! A fanfic isn't much good without readers

reply

Date: 07/10/14 12:01 AM
From: invalid25

Ooh audience participation!!!! I would say b look for more survivors because that in my opinion seems a tad more urgent.
reply

Date: 06/29/14 9:22 PM
From: Penguin757

A first
reply

Date: 06/28/14 5:48 PM
From: flynjamie

I would look for survivors first, and then build a shelter. you may need all the help you can get.
reply

Date: 06/28/14 11:06 AM
From: Ninjawings

ah but many hands make work light plus in the time you make your shelter the other survivors could die.
Ninjawings
reply

Date: 06/26/14 11:15 PM
From: Skrp2012

A. That is the the logical choice and then B.
reply

Date: 06/25/14 7:33 PM
From: Ninjawings

b) Save more lives!

Ninjawings
reply

Date: 06/25/14 6:57 AM
From: gopenguins

Look for survivors, then build a shelter, because then I'd have a better idea on the size of the shelter.
reply

Date: 06/23/14 11:32 AM
From: caelstella

I'm trying something a little different this time. At the end of each chapter, there will be two or more options-- the readers will have to vote option a, b, or c. This is book one in a series of ?choose your own ending fanfics like this?.

Chapter One
You are drifting through darkness. The only thing you are aware of is the warm sand you lay on, and the water lapping at your feet-- everything else is a blank. Lulled by the sound of the waves, you drift in and out of consciousness. You open your eyes to see what looks like a plane wreckage?Your laying on the sandy beach of a cove, scattered with metal and ash. You spot a body trapped under what used to be the wing of a plane, and jump to your feet. You struggle to lift the plane?s wing and finally manage to drag out the body. Instinctively, you press your fingers to the man?s wrist but find no pulse. After what feels like an eternity, you feel the heartbeat return, faint but definite, and are relieved to see his chest rise and fall in shallow breaths. His eyes fly open.
?Oh, thank you,? you blurt out. ?You?re alive.?
?W-what do you mean? Who are you??
?You were unconscious. I thought you were gone. And in answer to you?re second question, I? I am?? With a sinking feeling, you realize you don?t know the answer. Who are you? How did you end up on this strange beach? And why can?t you remember anything? The questions seem to flood your mind, demanding answers you can?t give. ?I don?t know? you admit. ?Who are you??
?I?? He trails off, his expression blank and confused. ?Oh my. I don?t remember anything. AT ALL.? I can see the sudden panic in his eyes.
?Look,? you say, gesturing to the pink sky as you fight to remain calm. This situation is getting far too weird for your taste, so you decide to take it a step at a time. ?The sun is already setting?it will be night soon. We need to make shelter and a fire to keep warm and safe.?
?Shouldn?t we look for survivors? There could be more people trapped in that wreckage?people who might know some answers,? he protests.

YOU DECIDE: what will you do?
a) Build a shelter
b) Look for more survivors

Nick.com?please let it go through this time!

reply