YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Winx Club » View Thread
~Starfall Academy: A Fanfic by Eclispe10~

Date: 12/17/13 9:06 PM

@Everyone,
So originaly I said I wasn't going to write any more fanfics, but I lied. I had some time over winter break, so here's one of my fanfics. I know not very many people will read this, but if you do, enjoy!
-Savannah/Eclispe

Chapter 1
I wiped my forehead and leaned back against a huge, gnarled tree. The branches, full of delicate flowers, towered above me. The cherry blossom parks were nice this time of year. So I had taken a taxi to the nearest one, which happened to be Lyra Park. The sweet aroma of flowers was always soothing and always made me drowsy.
As I was drifting off, I saw a pair of glowing red eyes out of the corner of my eye. I immediately jumped up, but when I looked again, there was nothing there. Against my better judgement, I tiptoed hesitantly toward the spot where I had seen the eyes. I had never been in this section of the park. The trees grew closer together, and cast long shadows over the mossy floor. Suddenly, a claw scraped across my wrist. I shrieked, but more out of shock then pain. The cut was very shallow, and didn't sting. I walked away cautiously, and soon after broke into a run, not stopping until I was where I had been before.
It wasn't until I had seated myself, breathing heavily, that I noticed the girl sitting next to me. It was weird, but I could swear she hadn't been there just a second ago.
"W-wh-who are you?" I stammered
The girl flicked her head, and her deep red hair swished around her face, showing off her flawless beauty and delicate features. Her eyes were a coffee brown, with pale skin, light red lips, and the lightest spray of freckles.
"The name's Kira." She said, extending one manicured hand.
I shook it warily. "I'm Arienne. Arienne Moonshade."
"Ok, so Arienne," Kira said, "there's really no point in playing games, don't you agree?" She smiled creepily, exposing a set of even, white teeth. "So I'll just get to the point. Do you by any chance believe in magic?"
I felt a thrill run through my body. "Magic?"
"Yes," Kira answered impatiently. "You know, fairies and witches, that kind of stuff."
"Well...." My voice sounded strangled. "No, I guess?"
Kira raised an eyebrow. "Well, magic is real." She cleared her throat started to talk. ."Many mythical creatures dwell in various other dimensions in the universe. You're one of them, a fairy. Somehow, you ended up on Earth, although you don't come from here. I've come to invite you to train and learn to be a fairy at Alfea College. You can unlock your true self, and it--"
"Wait, stop." I held up a hand and processed what she had said. If it was true...but it wasn't true!
Or was it?

170 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/16/14 1:42 PM

Yay, I can't wait!

Date: 04/16/14 12:48 PM

OMG, I'm so sorry, guys. I'm not going to be on very frequently and I haven't checked back in a while. I'll post a new chapter soon!

-Eclispe

Date: 04/06/14 7:48 PM

I love your Fanfics and there totally cool

Date: 04/06/14 4:35 PM

Ok! Well, if you need one, just tell me on here!!! Cause I'm always reading. Always........

*Twyla,Fairy of Ice and Snow,Princess of Whisperia*

Date: 04/06/14 4:14 PM

@Eclipse10 that's super creepy, i had no clue that you were.

Date: 04/06/14 2:05 PM

@Parisluv,
Creepy?..you read my mind..STALKER!! Not really, but whatever. ANyways, I was actually planning to include a dream in Chapter 15?.how did you know?!?!?
@ElsaB,
I'm glad you like the story, but I don't think I need any new characters right now. I have a few (three, to be exact) and I'm not quite the type to use many fan-made characters. I'm sorry. Maybe later, though.

-Eclispe/Savannah

Date: 04/06/14 9:42 AM

Hi! I haven't been around very much until 2 months ago. But I've been here for a LONG time, just on a different account!! So, do you need that character?

Date: 04/06/14 8:12 AM

Hey, some of you guys read my fan-fix too! You know, the eternal fairies? Hello gracie2027, parsluv, elsaB....

Date: 04/06/14 2:38 AM

great chapter, so much mystery! i was thinking that it would be cool if something happened in her dreams. you know how demigods will get dreams of the past, present, and the occasional visit from a god? well what if Arienne got a vision of the past or the present? she could uncover a secret or hear a suspicious conversation. i don't know, just thought you might need some inspiration. please keep going, this story is amazing so far.

Date: 04/05/14 9:39 PM

I LOVE it!!!!!!!! And if you need a character, I got one for you. PLZ continue!!!!!!

Date: 04/05/14 8:26 PM

>>I know I haven't been posting very frequently, and this is probably why I have a lack of comments. I just want those of you who are still reading to know that although I will not be posting often, I will still try to write new chapters.

Chapter 14
"What this has to do with Alfea and the plans I've been hearing about, I'm not sure, but I think that whoever these people are, they believe that the Starlites still exist. Why this is important, or why you are involved, I have no idea either." Brooklyn strode over to the hidden door and placed her hand on it. Immediately, the bookshelf slid open, and she marched out. I followed her reluctantly, not quite ready to leave yet, but not wanting to be left behind.
I trailed behind Brooklyn until we were at the huge gilded double doors of the main entrance. Then, she turned around to face me. "I'm not going to be able to have another chat with you, Arienne. The chances of me passing any more information to you undetected are very small. So, you're going to have to watch out for yourself. Keep your eyes open, and your ears peeled." She was about to dart away when I called out to her, "Why did you tell me all this?"
Brooklyn froze, then looked at me skeptically. "What did you say?"
"Why did you tell me this? I mean, I didn't even know who you were an hour ago. Why bother to tell me what you knew if you didn't even know me?" I repeated, confused at the disbelieving look Brooklyn was giving me. It seemed like a fair question to me.
"Well, everyone deserves to know the truth, don't they?" She said, very matter-of-factly. Then, she was gone.
I stood, bemused, in front of the doors for a few minutes, until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see Eva dashing down the staircase.
"Oh, good, you're here." She said breathlessly. "Why'd you take off?" I shrugged, oddly reluctant to reveal where I had been. "I thought I saw someone watching us, but I think it was just my imagination."
Eva looked at me suspiciously, but then sighed. "Whatever. We should probably go grab lunch, anyways."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The rest of the day passed in a blur. That afternoon, we had Alchemy and Potions. By the end of the three-hour lesson, my head was spinning from all the different fumes of the concoctions people were attempting to make. Dinner was nothing special. Eva and I kept to a corner of the room and didn't attract any company. I even managed to make it back to my dorm before any of Kira or her clique showed up, and I shut myself up in my room for the rest of the night. Maybe I would have to come face-to-face with them sometime, but tonight was not the night. I was worn out and more exhausted than ever. After quickly arranging my room and laying out my things, I fell back onto my bed and fell asleep.

This chapter was pretty short, but I seem to have another case of writer's block.

Date: 04/02/14 4:50 PM

do you know when you're going to post the next chapter???

Date: 04/01/14 6:05 PM

Ah, I've finally had to time to read this.

Finally! :)

~ Shimmer

Date: 03/26/14 2:22 AM

amazing! i can't wait to read more!

Date: 03/25/14 9:13 PM

@Gracie,
Thank you, I will!

-Eclispe/Savannah

Date: 03/24/14 3:39 PM

this is awesome!!! write more!!!

Date: 03/24/14 1:36 AM

Omigosh, I'm so sorry about the question marks glitch. Apparently my computer has reverted back to "smart quotes". I'm sorry, I'll have to fix that at once.

-Eclispe/Savannah

Date: 03/23/14 5:42 PM

Chapter 13
I leaned in, full of anticipation. ?Well, what is it??
Brooklyn looked around yet again, then began to talk very quietly and hurriedly. ?Well, some of this is pieced together. But I?m still a witch, and I?ve been trained to dark magic. I?ve sensed some around here. I?ve also been eavesdropping in a lot--?
I rolled my eyes. ?Well there?s a shocker.?
Brooklyn scowled at me. ?Anyways, I?ve heard something about this school being a, what did they say? Oh yeah, a base for something bigger. Some of the people at this school are in on a plan of sorts. I?m not exactly sure what the details are, but I know the plan involves Starlites. Most people have never heard of them. They?re so forgotten that there?s nothing about them in the library, unless you know where to go. I do, though. Follow me.?
I followed her down the spiraling aisles of the library. There were everything from huge, dusty tomes almost a foot thick to flat booklets not even a quarter of a centimeter wide, with paper so thin they crackled when touched. There were books written in French, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Hindu, Chinese, Greek, Old English, Runes, and some others, along with other languages that I was certain were from ancient magic times.
After a while, all the bookshelves started to look the same, and the sheer vastness was making me dizzy. It was hard to believe that there was any sort of topic that this library didn?t have information on.
Brooklyn stopped me in front of a bookshelf. I examined it skeptically. It didn?t seem special to me. It looked just like the ones, all hundreds of them.
Brooklyn studied the books for a little bit, muttering to herself. She then pulled out a huge, bright blue book, and the shelf began to glow. The books rattled around and a strong wind ruffled my hair. I could hear the pages of the book flapping around. Suddenly, there was a flash of blinding light. I averted my gaze, and suddenly, the wind died and the glow faded. I looked back, and the bookshelf had disappeared, revealing a oak door. Brooklyn marched inside, and I followed.
Compared to the rest of the library, this place was tiny. The only light came from dimly lit lanterns placed along the walls. The air had a musty smell, and a thick layer of dust blanketed the wooden floor. There were only two bookshelves, each carrying ancient-looking books. There were also a few cubbyholes, each holding a scroll of some sort.
Brooklyn looked around the room. ?I?ve done some research. There?s a lot of strange books here. For example, this book doesn?t open. I?ve tried.? She handed me a large, heavy, jewel-encrusted book. It had worn leather cover and a silver clasp. As to prove her point, she tried to pry of the clasp, but it held. There was nothing on the cover either, just a weird, golden symbol, a sort of star that seemed to glow.
Brooklyn placed the book back on the shelf. ?Anyways, Starlites were ancient creatures. They had a human form, and were often mistaken for fairies. But they were responsible for something bigger. They were responsible for keeping the cosmic centers of the world in check The most powerful ones could tap into the powers of the universe and use it in their magic. They were sort of like fairies, but infinitely stronger. They used to live in the Palace of the Stars, but over the years the legends say they?ve vanished. And their home has fallen into disrepair. Every aspect of their life has been wiped from the earth.? Brooklyn drew in a breath. ?There probably is more to them, but a lot of their ways have been lost.?

Sorry for the wait, I?ve been busy lately. Please leave a comment!

Date: 03/18/14 9:54 PM

In school we have this annoying passage that we read called oh, give me a home. Its about pioneers. Only in this case, its not annoying. In this case its called oh, give me a chapter!

Evelyn, fairy of the arts
P.s. startle startle? Heh. I know right? Really funny.

Date: 03/15/14 5:29 PM

yay! i am super excited for he next chapter and The House of Hades!