Hiya!!! Yeah, so you might know me on other boards, but I'm here too!! :3 So I wanted to know if there're any other girl fans on here!!! Feel free to pelt me with questions and say random things about Digimon!!! (By the way, my favorite character is Kari and my favorite Digimon is Gatomon. I also let them cameo in some of my posts for no apparent reason. :P Oh, yeah, along with some of the other characters!!)
Yes, they have similar names and are both about monsters, but there's many other differences.
1. Digimon can talk, Pokemon can't (aside from parts of their names)
2. Digimon can go between forms, Pokemon can only evolve and stay in that form
3. You can have mutliple Pokemon as long as you have Pokeballs, you can only have 1 Digimon partner
4. Digimon started as a toy and then anime, while Pokemon started as a video game
5. Digimon takes place in the Digital World and real world, while Pokemon is just one Real Human World.
6. Pokemon are real creatures, while Digimon are made of data (but are still alive)
7. Anyone can have Pokemon, in Digimon only the Digi-Destined that have Digivices can go into the Digital World and have a Digimon Partner.
8. The Pokemon anime's episodes are unrelated to one another (don't know if there's a name for that) while Digimon's are a whole long story.
9. Digimon don't just "evolve". They can Armor Digivolve, DNA Digivolve (By the way, this is divided into Fusion (Omnimon/Omegamon) and Jogress (Paildramon, Silphymon, etc) in the Japanese version), some humans can Spirit Evolve, and Digi-Fuse
10. In Pokemon, you catch and battle other Pokemon, while in Digimon you get one partner Digimon and need to save the world(s)
~K!r@-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
And by the way, the first Pokemon game came out in 1996, which wasn't that long ago. Digimon came out only a year after, as a Tamagotchi game.
@Diana/RoyalStar, LOKorra12, SnowMask, and any Ken fangirls,
Remember how I said "No Way Out" and "Everybody's Fool" went with Ken? Well, I found another song that goes so much with him its weird. It's called "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been" by Relient K. See, just the name goes with him!
You should look up the song! Or, even better, the AMV of Ken for it! It's called "Who I Am Hates Who I've Been [Ken AMV]"
So sorry for the person I became.
So sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been.
I liked "The Eight Child" too! I was sorta mad that everybody was clueless to figure out that Kari was the eight Digidestined. My first episode of Digimon was "Digibaby Boom", when T.K. and Patamon found the Primary Village and Elecmon got mad at them, because he thought they were hurting the baby Digimon.
That's a good episode, but my top episodes would be Lionheart, [saddest episode EVER! But, since they don't reveal it until later, it was worse than it seems] Oh Brother, Who Art Though? [should be WHAT art though, but they don't ACCTUALLY correctly find that out until much later], Home Again, Takuya Returns [but not as himself!], and The Eighth Child. The Eighth Child is actually the first episode of Digimon I ever saw!
Oh, cool. And you're right about Opposites Attract. Speaking of that episode, what do you mean by everyone slapped everyone else? I only saw Kari slap Yolei and Yolei slap Kari. Were there more slapping scenes that were cut out by the English writers?
I like "Arukenimon's Tangled Web", all the parts of "Digimon World Tour", and "Opposites Attract". (I THINK that's the episode when they got lost in the world with the Dark Ocean....and everybody slapped everybody else)
You can buddy people when you go to their account, and there's a big button that says 'buddy' (or something like that, I forget. You get the point.)
Press that, and you'll buddy that person!!!