YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Digimon » View Thread
Did You Know...?

Date: 10/20/13 12:18 PM

Ah yes, I've finally started to participate on these boards. Why, you may ask? I've been watching more episodes of the first and second seasons.

Anyway, I know you Digimon Fanatics out there might have filled your brain with Digi-Knowledge. Here's the place to just...blurt it out!

All you have to do is post some random/interesting facts about anything from Digimon. Any season, if I might add.

Me? I don't know many facts about Digimon (Seasons 01 or 02) or any interesting facts behind the show. I just thought it would be fun to hear/read any that you all might have. I do, however, know some things about the 3rd Season. (Tamers)

~*Batskee*~
I'd love to hear your facts/information.

105 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/18/14 10:04 PM

Hi Guys! Haven't commented on here in a while! :D So, how are things? And also I've figured out how to translate the Japanese without the subtitles!

LOKorra, Fellow Digimon and Kirby Lover

Date: 04/18/14 5:58 PM

KittyFlare,

You're mostly right, expect that the Doru in Dorulumon doesn't stand for/mean "Digital Or Unknown"

And I wish Mikey would have used the Dorumon Digi-Memory. Are there any others that were shown that he didn't use?

~K!r@

Date: 04/17/14 6:06 PM

Digi-Facts

Dorumon means a "digital or unknown digimon", which goes for Dorugamon, Dorugreymon, Dorugoramon, and Dorulumon.

There are many Digimon that are related to Greymon.

The Dorumon DigiMemory was not used in any episode of Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion). Even if Mikey had retrieved it, it still was not activated.

Date: 04/09/14 12:10 AM

Also, in Digimon Data Squad, they kept the "Evolution" and "Perfect Evolution" on the Digivices. (Ultimate is called Perfect in Japanese, and Digimon Evolve instead of Digivolve in Japanese) Plus, in the theme song, they sing "Unleash your soul" which I think of a reference to the Japanese name for D.N.A. Charge, DigiSoul.

I like that they kept those. Even if they changed the names of them, they kept the text from the original version.

I still wish they wouldn't "censor" out the contact when someone hits someone else or a Digimon. (Luckily this doesn't count each time Marcus punches a Digimon to activate his D.N.A.)

The Digital World in Data Squad seems to be a mix from seasons 1 and 2, and season 3. The land looks like from the first 2 seasons, but the sky is kinda like from Tamers.

~K!r@

Date: 04/04/14 9:27 PM

Batskee,

Oh, Keenan is one of the characters that turns good. And he's my favorite character from that season, with Gaomon (Thomas' Digimon) my favorite Digimon of that season.

Hmm...
Gatomon I like; Ken I love; Impmon/Beelzemon is my favorite character; I like Koichi; Keenan is my favorite character; Christopher I'm starting to like more.
...I never realized I liked characters that were bad but turned good...

Back to the topic-

Did You Know Koichi and Thomas have the same voice actor?

Also, the voice actor of Cherubimon from Season 4 does two (there could be more) Digimon's voices in Season 5.

~K!r@ and P!t
"Listen, you grammatically-challenged little brat!" -Marcus to Keenan

Me: Haha! Gramatically-challenged!
Marcus: *smiles*
Me: Uh, I mean... Stop being mean to Keenan, Marcus!!
Marcus: Me?! He's the one that attacks me all the time!!

Date: 03/20/14 11:03 PM

Happy 100 Posts!!

Date: 03/16/14 5:25 PM

Batskee,

Oryxmon (Frontier) and Flymon (Fusion only) also are voiced by Derek Stephen Prince, but it doesn't sound like him to me. Dynasmon and Grumblemon in Frontier are also voiced by him. Both of those you can tell it's him.

Bokomon was the other one.

I just meant champion, ultimate, and mega. Like, for Takuya. Flamemon is rookie, Agunimon is Champion, BurningGreymon is Ultimate, and Aldamon, EmperorGreymon, and Susanoomon for Mega (Yes, Takuya has 3 different mega forms. So does Koji)

No, he's... kinda like a white gorilla but he also has horns... It's kinda hard to explain, but he mainly looks like a giant white gorilla. But I like him.

No. We had to wait until March 11 until they released the full series. My dad is going to order it soon. *narrows eyes at Marcus* You got lucky...

Oh yeah, there was a (different) Stingmon in Digimon Fusion. He and Beelzemon (Fusion version) fight for a bit. Beelzemon is still my favorite Fusion character. And I'm starting to like Christopher more.

Haha, maybe I'll sit down and tell Koichi. And this time I'll make extra sure Ken isn't near...

Haha, that's okay. I might watch the subs after I see the dubs.

Yup, same spelling, same pronunciation. Ken still doesn't sound Japanese to me, though.

There is, they sound almost exactly the same to me. Of course, I haven't heard their voices back-to-back, but still. You can find Pit's japanese voice by either looking up the Japanese trailers or someone posted the Japanese version of the game.

Hm... for once I don't have any new facts...

~K!r@ and P!t

Date: 03/14/14 10:54 PM

I forgot about this...

@Kira:

Really? Hm. Sounds pretty cool. Also, Honeybeemon? I'll have to listen to his voice. Possibly those other Digimon if I don't forget.

Maybe. It wouldn't surprise me if they left something out. (The English dubbers, I mean)

I just barely remember Tommy...I had watched Frontier....when I was seven....

What was the other Digimon besides Neemon?

Other transformations? Like when the Tamers and Digimon are combined into one or...something else?

Korikkakumon? The name sounds familiar to me. Is it a bug-like Digimon?

So, have you watched Digimon Data Squad?

True. The Digimon Emperor can be quite hot-tempered, but Ken isn't. Ken also has a sweet partner. Yay Wormmon!

Haha, I suppose Koichi should read about Ken's past. It would break the fourth wall, but Tamers has already mentioned about Digimon Adventure. Ahhh, what's the shame in a fourth wall break?
Meta Knight: *narrows eyes* Everything...

Oh, right! I forgot about Gatomon, Nene, and Christopher. (Yeah, I've been skipping around again...)

Hey, it sounds like you've gotten pretty far to me! Heh-heh, it sort of reminds me of how Ken is pronounced the same in the Japanese version and in the English version. Right? And they both start with a 'K'

Really? Awesome! I kind of want to compare the voices now. It's not that I don't trust you! I trust you completely! I just thoght it would be cool to hear the similarity of the voices....if there is one. Maybe I'll try and find something they do that gives it away?

@Kindness99:

Hmm, interesting! Yeah, it is kind of interesting how they're mostly boys too. Heh-heh, I wonder who the next blue-eyed blonde will be!

~*Baskee*~

Date: 03/02/14 1:40 PM

Hey, did you know that every season has at least one character who is a blue eyed blonde?

Adventures 01 and 02: Matt and T.K.

Tamers: Alice

Frontier: Well, Zoe is a blonde and Koji has blue eyes

Data Squad: Thomas

Fusion: Christopher

Notice most of them are boys?

Date: 02/02/14 7:36 PM

Did you guys reilize in 1 and 2 togeher myotismon was fought (and defeated) three times?!

1: Myotismon,VenomMyotismon
2:MalloMyotismon

can't he take a hint?!

Date: 01/30/14 10:16 PM

dtamerfan,

I thought that was really cool when I first read about it. Apparently Ryo was a pretty popular character, so that's why he ended up in Tamers. They don't say exactly how he gets to that universe. He was somehow able to because he went to the Digital World many times.

~K!r@, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
Heh, when I first saw that ep, I thought it was Sam that Ken was traveling with. Man, was I off!

Date: 01/30/14 6:08 PM

Ken and Ryo [from Tamers and Zero Two] are actually connected!!! They were in a video game together!!! You probably didn't notice this, but that boy in the background in Ken's memory [of when he gets the dark spore] is actually Ryo, wearing normal clothes! So not only are they connected, but both of them are from a video game! But in both their seasons, Ken and Ryo are not acting normal- Ken has been taken over by Malomyotismon, and Ryo has been in the Digital World for too long, and is lonely, tough, and careless.

Date: 01/26/14 11:21 AM

I felt really bad for wormmon when ken was the digimon emperor I just wanted to scoop him up and take him away... then again I knew ken would turn good kinda hard not to figure it out, cuz if he is "human" then how come hes in the digital world... simple reason is that ken is the digidestined simple as that
random guy: *mind blown*
me: IM A SUPER GENIOUS
ken: *slightly pink cheeks looks down*
me: *pets wormmon* your so cute
wormmon: you make me blush

Date: 01/23/14 8:03 PM

Did You Know... that in the Japanese episode of "The Crest of Kindness" Ken whips Wormmon a total of 3 times? Two of them were edited out of the English version, and the third was censored with a white flash.

Date: 01/23/14 8:03 PM

In the Japanese Version of Digimon 02, there's an Insert and Evolution Song called "Break Up" Here are the English Lyrics:

Na-na na na-na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na na na~~ (X2)

You heard the voice of a heart, didn't you?
Shouting "I don't want to lose"
There's nothing else to do,
But bluff it and stand and fight
It's no one's turn but your own
You can't run away
You've got to put that precious tomorrow on the line
Staring at the open palm
If you grasp it tightly
Strength will flow into your heart
Get break up! To break up!
A new fighter,
This is the true beginning
You'll surpass yourself
From this place
(It's time to go)
It's time to go!!
When you think there's no way you can keep on
And your legs are trembling
You feel the eyes
Of one who believes in you
You have friends
Who surrendered their courage to you
In the midst of the wind,
They're calling your name
A different story
Begins with you
The door is beginning to open
Seething power, you've already realized
You can't leave a dream for another
You've got to make them come true
(Its time to go!)
It's time to go!!
A new fighter, this is the true beginning
You'll surpass yourself
From this place
(It's time to go!)
Seething power, you've already realized
You can't leave a dream for another
You've got to make them come true
(It's time to go!)
It's time to go!!

Date: 01/22/14 11:57 PM

Did You Know... that in the Japanese episode of "A New Digitude" Ken kicks the puppy? It's not as bad as it sounds, though! It's actually kinda funny!

Did You Know... that in the Japanese episode of "The Captive Digimon" Ken kicks Wormmon? This was cut from the English version.

Ken: How did he escape?
Wormmon: *walks over* What's wrong, Ken-chan?
Ken: Agumon has escaped. But how did he get the Evil Ring off...?
Wormmon: Hey, Ken-Chan...
Ken: What?!
Wormmon: Forget about him! Use me for your experiments on evolution! I'll evolve, evolve and fight for you, Ken-chan! So use me!
Ken: It was you who let him escape?!
Wormmon: Well, I'm your partner! I should be able to evolve! So if you're going to do tests, do your tests on me!
Ken: Heh!
Wormmon: Ken-chan!
Ken: What kind of splendid Digimon would you evolve into? And you're my partner? Heh. No chance. How could the Digimon Kaiser have a partner like you?
Ken: *kicks him away* From now on, calling me "Ken-chan" is unacceptable. My name is Digimon Kaiser.
Wormmon: I'm sorry, Ken... I mean, Digimon Kaiser-sama... So please... I...
Ken: Shut up! Huh? *looks over at the screen, to see them walking by with Agumon* His friends came to rescue him... I won't let that happen. *walks away, but stops and turns back to Wormmon* You got lucky. *walks away*

Date: 01/21/14 7:02 PM

Batskee,

I just found out something interesting! The voice of Mikey/Taiki (Japanese only) also did the voice of Pit/Pitto (Japanese version only)

I was just watching a japanese trailer for Kid Icarus, and one of the comments said that. Then I looked it up, and its true!

~K!r@, a HiKen shipper

Date: 01/20/14 9:11 PM

Did You Know... that a Digimon was called Tapirmon in 02, but then that same Digimon was named Bakumon in Frontier?

Tapirmon because it looks like a Tapir, but Bakumon because it's based on the mythical Baku. I think Bakumon was the Japanese name, but they changed it to Tapirmon in 02. Then for some reason they used the name Bakumon in Frontier.

~K!r@, a HiKen Shipper
MetalKabuterimon: Hey Agunimon, will you go again?
Agunimon: Are you crazy?!?! I can't believe I let you talk me into that the first time!!!!
-Takuya/Agunimon doesn't want to be shot out of a cannon... again...

Date: 01/20/14 8:56 PM

Batskee,

Yeah, they can digivolve with different Digi-eggs. It was first seen heard in the CD drama. Then the armor Digimon were seen in the rest of the Digimon seasons. Mainly Frontier. I've seen HoneyBeemon (and they're also voiced by Derek Stephen Prince!) Swanmon, Oryxmon, Toucanmon, Chamelemon, Sepikmon, Pipismon, Baromon, and Sagitterimon in Frontier. And Gargoylemon, Prairiemon, and Rhinomon in Fusion. And Allomon, Flybeemon, and Lynxmon in Tamers.

Maybe it was a Japanese attack?

Yeah, I'm watching 02 right now ^-^

Tommy was getting a little annoying now, but he doesn't bother me as much as it does my dad We both don't like the two Digimon in it. Neemon has some funny lines, though...

Yeah, that's true. I like almost all of the transformations, though. Usually I don't like some transformations in the other seasons. This one I only don't like JP's transformations. I really liked BurningGreymon and Zephrymon, and KendoGarurumon was pretty cool too. And I like Korikkakumon too.

Haha, I'll try!

Well, as the Digimon Emperor he got mad pretty easily. Just call him by his real name and he'd be mad! But after he turns good, really only the enemies made him mad, usually by not telling him why he was picked.

Koichi started to get slightly annoying (to me...) because he kept wondering why they didn't hate him and kept saving him, even after what he'd done. Seriously, Ken did so much worse than him!

Yes, I had realized that before. And yes, Koichi counts for Frontier. And I think Gatomon does too. I have no idea about Keenan. The only thing I know about him is his name and Digimon. And (Spolier Alert) Christopher and Nene could also count for Fusion. (Spoiler Alert Over)

~K!r@ and P!t
Oh, and the other day I watched the Sub for Frontier.

Takuya seems to be pronounced tuh-kuh-yuh (while its pronounced tuh-koo-yuh in the Dub), Junpei is pronounced june-pay, Tomoki is pronounced tom-oh-kee, Izumi is pronounced ih-zoo-me, and Koji is still pronounced koh-jee. I'm not sure if Koichi is still pronounced koh-ee-chee or not, I haven't gotten that far.

Date: 01/20/14 6:30 PM

@Kira:

Hm, very interesting. So, if one of the 02 Digimon are given a Digi-Egg to Digivolve with, they'll turn into certain Digimon....cool!

Yeah, I think it'd be a little weird to have them make-up something completely different....yet again, they made up some other Digimon Attacks for other Digimemories/Digicards.

Going to back to watch old episodes is usually fun. (Especially if it's your favorite season)

Heh-heh, sometimes if a character cries too much, it gets on a lot of people's nerves. (Including mine) JP? Hm. I'll have to look him up. I don't know much about Frontier.

I do have to agree with the no partners thing though. Turning into Digimon is cool, but I still like the trouble and mischief that a Digimon Partner can cause you. (I love it when they take sayings or figures of speech seriously)

Haha! *Marcus begins to come out of hideout* Don't leave out any details! We wanna have plenty of ammo when we protest against Marcus!
*Marcus goes back in and locks the door*

Good thing Ken isn't the kind of guy to get angry easily! I think that's what makes Ken so nice.

__

Did You Know... That in almost every Season there is at least one person/Digimon who betrays/goes against the group, but usually joins/comes back to the group?

__

Examples

01: Every single Digimon hit by a black gear ...Does Gatomon count?

02: Ken

3: Impmon/Beelzemon

4: Koichi (apparently)

5: Err...possibly Keenan Crier

6: Lucemon

~*Batskee*~
That's all that I can think of right now.