YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Digimon » View Thread
Did You Know...?

Date: 10/20/13 12:18 PM

Ah yes, I've finally started to participate on these boards. Why, you may ask? I've been watching more episodes of the first and second seasons.

Anyway, I know you Digimon Fanatics out there might have filled your brain with Digi-Knowledge. Here's the place to just...blurt it out!

All you have to do is post some random/interesting facts about anything from Digimon. Any season, if I might add.

Me? I don't know many facts about Digimon (Seasons 01 or 02) or any interesting facts behind the show. I just thought it would be fun to hear/read any that you all might have. I do, however, know some things about the 3rd Season. (Tamers)

~*Batskee*~
I'd love to hear your facts/information.

149 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/28/14 5:21 PM

Like I said, I'm watching Digimon Frontier and I just realized something:

Koji (Frontier) and Ryo (Tamers) have the same voice actor.

Let's see:

Takuya and Matt have the same voice actor

Koichi and Thomas (Data Squad) have the same voice actor

Koji and Ryo have the same voice actor
And JP's voice actor has done several other voices in the series.

And Zoe's voice actor also voices Sparrowmon (Fusion) Lopmon and her Digivolutions, and Keenan's mother in Data Squad.

That just leaves Tommy's voice actor. I think he did the voice of Kuramon, and although I haven't seen that movie in a while, I'm pretty sure it didn't have any or that many lines.

Date: 07/28/14 2:08 PM

I'm re-watching Digimon: Frontier, and I just noticed something strange:

Takuya: Brown eyes
Flamemon: Green eyes
Agunimon: Blue eyes

If Takuya himself and his Digivolutions have different colored eyes, I get that, but why would his Rookie form have green eyes while his other forms have blue eyes?

I don't get it...

~K!r@
And although not seen in the show, Koji has an official Rookie form-- Strabimon.

And if Spadamon is a Rookie, then I can see him as a Rookie for Tommy, although nothing has been said of both his level, and the other kids' rookie forms.

Date: 07/25/14 5:57 PM

I just finished watching this video called "Digimon Adventure 02 in a Nutshell" part 1 and 2.

It was hilarious! (There is some swearing in it, though)

My favorite part was who Davis thought Ken was. And then the strange looks he got. XD

And then this:

(Slap)
Yay! We get to Fusion Evolve now!

And then Cody and TK's DNA Digivolution was funny too.

~K!r@

Date: 07/25/14 5:54 PM

@Kindness99,

I have.

Date: 07/25/14 3:50 PM

Hey, do any of you guys know about a site called, 'Tv Tropes and Idioms'?

Date: 07/25/14 1:48 PM

@Batskee,

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting.

There's a Fanfiction called "The Lost Tamer". It's about Takato and Guilmon traveling to the 02 world, but they lose their memory.

I really like it, and I thought I might as well tell you about it.

I don't really like the fact that despite being part of the group, Ken has only appeared in the 8th chapter, but that's the most recent chapter so I hope he continues being in it! *stares at computer screen* Please Update!!!

~Kira-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
Me: *about some of the chapters* Red eyes... green glowing chains... Sloth... I know what it is and I like it! *smiles*
Kunemon: *looks up a picture of the Digimon I'm talking about* You... like this Digimon...?

-If you want to know what Digimon it is, go ahead and ask. If you want to guess, then that's fine. The three hints are: red eyes, green glowing chains, and Sloth.

Date: 07/24/14 10:02 PM

A while back I actually watched the X-Evolution Digimon Movie. I had to watch it subbed, it wasn't dubbed.

I didn't really like it that much. I didn't like the computer animation too much, and the story was darker.

And it was just about the Digimon, no kids in it.

I still like Dorumon as a Digimon, but I didn't like his movie too much.

~K!r@
And I still keep seeing Dorumon as a girl. But hey, there's gotta be some female Dorumon out there! ...Right?
Kunemon: Well, Dorumon was created by Yggdrasil, so technically he's the only one.
Me: You just had to ruin it for me, didn't you?
Kunemon: Yep!

Date: 07/19/14 4:48 PM

@Batskee,

I found a pretty good AMV about both Beelzemon's-- Tamers and Fusion. It's called:

"Balmon and Beelzemon - Until The Day I Die/Story of The Year AMV"

I think the song goes much more with Tamer's Beelzemon than Fusion's, but I still like it.

I don't know how much you like Reapmon/Baalmon and Fusion's Beelzemon, but I also found a pretty good AMV for Fusion's Beelzemon, called:

"You're never gonna be alone"

It kinda made me sad, though, because of what ends up happening to him...
I really hope Digimon are reborn in Fusion... They don't talk about whether they are or not, and that kinda worries me...

~K!r@-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl (and a Beelzemon Fangirl as well)
Since you've been watching the Subs of Xros Wars, if you know if Digimon are reborn or not, can you tell me? Don't worry, I can handle the truth, haha.

Date: 07/15/14 11:07 PM

@Batskee,

So I've been looking up those ask (insert character name here) and I found one where someone asked Daisuke if Virus types were evil. I laughed at part of the response:

No, because my friends Ken & Takato have virus-type digimons as their partners! Do you know Wormmon? That cutie caterpillar who always screaming ?KENCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~? and being too cute you can?t even resist to his cuteness?? He?s a virus-type digimon!

Heh-heh! I don't agree with Wormmon being a Virus-type (especially since in the Japanese version pretty much all he says is "Ken-chan!") but I still thought that was pretty funny.

And I also thought this comic was pretty funny (again, from an Ask site)

Taichi: *looking at Daisuke, Takato, Takuya, Taiki, and Tagiru; thinking* So many people wearing goggles... Did I start a fashion statement?
??: HEY YOU OVER THERE!
Marcus/Masaru: Finally! Someone WITHOUT goggles!! Those things are so overrated!
Taichi: Excuse me!? Overrated?
Now listen good-- not only are the goggles not overrated; you happen to be speaking to the original trendsetter for this goggle tradition as well!!
Masaru: ...
Taichi: See? I even have goggles myself to prove-- *reaches on head, but nothing is there*
Masaru: What are you going on about...?
Taichi: Eh. *turns* DAISUKE!
Daisuke: *running while holding his goggles on his head* Not returning them!

[Then this was added at the bottom]
Taichi: Daisuke, I won?t team up with you if you don?t return my goggles!!
Daisuke: But Taichi-san!!

I think its fun to use the Japanese versions of their names. Unless I can't pronounce them. It took me a while to figure out Daisuke's pronunciation and both Koushirou's spelling and pronunciation.

Speaking of which, is Tagiru pronounced tah-gir-oo or tah-gir-uh?

And I never understood why they changed Miyako to Yolei.

~K!r@-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
Did you ever watch that Everybody's Fool and/or Who I Am Hates Who I've Been amv?

Date: 07/14/14 11:41 PM

@Batskee,

Yeah, my dad was pretty confused when I told him Renamon was a Rookie. He thought she was a Champion and so didn't understand why she (and Rika) wanted to digivolve so badly.

And he was also confused with Gatomon being a Champion.

For both he didn't believe me.

Oh yeah, Vajramon. I didn't realize they never explained it.

I agree with the Renamon being the tallest Rookie Digimon. Most mature? ...Probably. Gatomon was pretty mature but she was a Champion. But even then, Renamon was more mature than she was.

~Kira-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl

Date: 07/10/14 11:44 PM

@Kira:

They are similar in some ways, but I hadn't thought of it like that. It is true.

@Everyone:

Not sure what to post on here.

Did You Know...?

That Renamon was the first Digimon Partner to be created different from the usual Rookie Level partners?
She's taller than previous Digimon Partners and is more mature.

Vajramon was the first enemy in the Tamers Season to take more than one episode to defeat.

How Vajramon returned after presumably being defeated is still unknown...whether he had deceived them or something else.

Impmon was the first to Warp Digivolve in the Tamers Season. (Although, he had only been able to do so because of Zhuqiaomon)

Impmon was also the first (and only) in the Season to have two Tamers.

~*Batskee*~
I'm not 100% on the first one...but...the others I believe are true.

Date: 07/09/14 11:03 PM

Have any of you noticed how Digimon and Narnia are similar?

Both have kids that travel to a different world and fight to save it.

~K!r@-chan
"For NARNIA!"

...I just had to!

Date: 07/03/14 2:04 PM

Beelzemon used to be bad.

Date: 06/19/14 9:43 PM

Citrimon has the same voice actor as don patch in bobobo-bo bo-bobo

Date: 06/07/14 1:52 PM

@Batskee,

No, I'm back. My other posts didn't go through yet.

Date: 06/06/14 7:40 PM

@Kira:

Oh hey! You're back! Or...are/were you on a laptop while on vacation?

~*Batskee*~

Date: 06/05/14 9:58 PM

Batskee,

Oh okay.

Thanks. I just hadn't read anything about that, and I wasn't sure when the last Digimon game came out, and when the last one that included Impmon came out.

Date: 05/31/14 11:31 PM

Did You Know... that Yolei actually pronounces Ken's last name wrong? It's supposed to be "itchy-joe-gee", but she pronounces it "itchy-joo-gee" I find that funny, as she's a Fangirl of Ken's.

Date: 05/31/14 8:27 PM

@Kira:

Woops. Nope. He's not. Sorry. I was thinking of someone else. I was still surprised that IveDevimon was Digivolution of him. I know, they don't have anything in common, but....sorry.

You've got good instincts. That's why it must've sounded weird. *shrugs*

Impmon: What next? You're gonna tell us I digivolve into Angemon?
Me: Well, that I'm sure of.
Impmon: *rolls eyes* Make up your mind!

~*Batskee*~
Yeah, I can't see him doing that. Just way too out of character, y'know? Haha.

Date: 05/30/14 11:25 PM

You guys should check out, "Digimon Opening Themes Fandub" It's pretty good for a fandub, and it seems like it could be official.

"I used to dance; I used to dream; I used to say I could do anything" ~Fandub of Hirari, opening for Digimon Data Squad/Savers