YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Digimon » View Thread
Did You Know...?

Date: 10/20/13 12:18 PM

Ah yes, I've finally started to participate on these boards. Why, you may ask? I've been watching more episodes of the first and second seasons.

Anyway, I know you Digimon Fanatics out there might have filled your brain with Digi-Knowledge. Here's the place to just...blurt it out!

All you have to do is post some random/interesting facts about anything from Digimon. Any season, if I might add.

Me? I don't know many facts about Digimon (Seasons 01 or 02) or any interesting facts behind the show. I just thought it would be fun to hear/read any that you all might have. I do, however, know some things about the 3rd Season. (Tamers)

~*Batskee*~
I'd love to hear your facts/information.

150 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 05/30/14 11:25 PM

You guys should check out, "Digimon Opening Themes Fandub" It's pretty good for a fandub, and it seems like it could be official.

~K!r@-chan, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
"I used to dance; I used to dream; I used to say I could do anything" ~Fandub of Hirari, opening for Digimon Data Squad/Savers

Date: 05/30/14 12:45 PM

@Batskee,

*blinks* He... is? I don't know why I wasn't expecting that, haha.

At first I wasn't sure about Wizardmon as a Champion for Impmon as well, but then I began to think of Impmon's summon attack, I think it was called? It does seem a bit... magical to me. Summoning a ball of fire? I don't know; that's just me.

The only thing I don't like about Reapmon as Impmon's Ultimate form is, well, *laughs* Imagine Reapmon talking in slang... Ah, that would be pretty strange but funny!

@Topic,

There's a few things that I never understood about Kurata. He keeps saying how evil Digimon are, but the only reason they ever attacked is because of HIM. He literally created the enemy he was trying to stop. ...It's hard to explain unless you watch the episodes.

Pretty much because he had his gun out, so he was attacked, and then later he attacked the Digimon back, and then Digimon blamed all humanity, etc, etc. So if it wasn't for him, both worlds would have been at peace. But that's kinda why I like Kurata. He's an interesting villian...

Also, he always says how dangerous Digimon are, and yet... he seems to have known Kudamon for years, has seen how well-behaved at the least the partners are, watched them work together to fight Digimon, and yet he keeps saying that! I never understood that either. Oh, and not to mention (big spoiler alert) all that he's done is to revive a Digimon. To destroy the Digi-World and take over the Human World, but still.

Spencer: What were you thinking?!
Kurata: What was I thinking? I was thinking of saving my life! I was attacked!

-Me: Says the guy with his gun out...

Date: 05/30/14 10:02 AM

@Kira:

Yeah. In the video games, Reapmon is actually one of the Digivolutions he (Impmon) has. Surprisingly, Wizardmon is too. I didn't really ever understand that, but okay. *shrugs*

~*Batskee*~
I always loved Impmon's trademark red bandana. (And red gloves)

Date: 05/27/14 10:37 PM

Y'know how Impmon has that red thing around his neck? And Beelzemon has it too (I think around his arm)? Well, I just realized that Reapmon has a similar (if not the same) one on his left arm.

I always hoped that Reapmon was an actual Digivolution of Impmon, *proudly* and now I have proof! (Kunemon: *rolls eyes*)

Me: I never exactly got why Reapmon digivolved into a metal-like version of Beelzemon
Kunemon: Like the biker version of Beelzemon would make more sense...
Me: True...

Date: 05/25/14 4:44 PM

@PikaPata

I know that part of it, I just meant what Digimon he had seen. In Season 2, Izzy explains that all the Digi-Destined had something in common-- They've all seen Digimon.

Same with season 1: The 8 original Digi-Destined all witnessed the battle between Greymon and Parrotmon, which then lead them to become Digi-Destined later.

In Season 2, the episode where Michael comes in (Forgot the title) they reveal what Digimon the new kids saw, but they never said what Ken saw.

Later, when Izzy was talking to Ken, Ken had said,

"I guess I must have too. Everything from that time is still such a blur to me..."

I'm just curious what he had seen. Some people believe he was supposed to be one of the Original Digi-Destined, so I was curious if it was possible he could have witnessed the Parrotmon and Greymon battle.

Date: 05/25/14 2:59 PM

@Kira
I'm not sure if I'm right, but I think I know how Ken became a Digidestined. I'm pretty sure it was when his brother Sam found that Digivice and Crest, and Ken went in the drawer that Sam put them into. I remember Sam tried to keep them away from Ken, and he went to the Digital World even after Sam told him not to go into the drawer. It could be possible that the Digivice and Crest were somehow for Sam, but he was too busy being a genius and studying, to even understand or try to understand what they were. I'm not entirely sure, though....

"WHY KEN?! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE KEN?!"~PikaPata (after seeing Ken's back story)

Date: 05/25/14 2:37 PM

Usually I don't like to read/post errors (especially Dub errors) because it kinda ruins watching it for me, but I thought that this one was pretty funny:

In 02, they always say that the Digimon Emperor never appears at night. And I hadn't even realized this until I read a comment but... the very first appearance of the Digimon Emperor was at night. Sure, I suppose it could be that Ken was about to leave, but I still thought that was pretty funny.

I also don't like how in 01, the "sad" scenes aren't that sad. I mean, I get that its a kids show, so they don't want it to be that sad, but still. If I hadn't read about it, I wouldn't even have known that Angemon died and came back. I would have just figured that he lost energy, and kinda de-digivolved all the way to an egg.

And I was just re-watching the episode where Wizardmon gets defeated, and I hadn't realized that they didn't even show that he did. I mean, everyone was sad and shocked, but they never showed the scence that... "proved" it. They edited out another scene that was dramatic but really cool (although they showed it in 2 flashbacks later.)

"I've been waiting for you to get here. Now let the games begin..." -The Digimon Emperor

Date: 05/24/14 11:15 PM

How the new kids became Digi-Destined:

Davis: Held by the Bakemon and Myotismon

Cody: Was on the airplane that made an emergency landing in the water, saw Garudamon and the Digital World above the Earth

Yolei: Saw the battle between Diaboromon and Omnimon on the internet (from the Digimon Movie)

Ken: Never said, and never implied anything. I wish they did. I know that the Dark Spore caused him to lose his memory, but still! I'm even more curious because he used to have an Original Digivice, and has a crest. He could have seen Digimon before the original kids did! *gasp* Could he have lived at Heightenview Terrace?!

Anyone have any ideas of what Digimon Ken saw and where?

Date: 05/24/14 3:43 PM

@She-Wolf,

Oh okay. The Crest of Kindness then? That's my favorite character's crest ^-^

@Batskee,

You're welcome. And haha, thanks. Well, I was always looking up Digimon stuff (which unfortunetly included spoilers...)

I've been finding a lot of Fanart too. ...But you probably already knew that, heh-heh...

Yeah, I was telling you about that on a different board.

I also found out one of my friends watches Digimon. He's only seen, like 5 eps of the first season, but still. He likes Agumon, and likes the look of Gatomon although he hasn't seen her in the season yet (I told him about her and he looked up a picture).

@Topic,

Stingmon actually has an Ultimate form, called JewelBeemon.

Matt and Takuya (season 4) have the same voice actor.

The teenager that Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon knocked over and got chased by in season 1 has the same voice actor as Yolei.

~K!r@, a HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl
"Uh... Bad dog, bad dog!" -Joe, to Gomamon

Date: 05/24/14 3:02 PM

Oh my. I've quite some catching up to do. Well, I'll just comment on a few things for the time being and start reading up on the others.

@Kira:

Thanks for keeping this up for me! I really appreciate. Haha, you're the one with the most Digimon information, it seems.

I liked a lot of the Digimon Fan Art, making mental notes to take a look at them. I love the ones where everyone takes notice that Marcus is the only leader without goggles. *shakes head* Ohhh Marcus.

And I remember when you had mentioned about Ken's Digivice changing into a D-3; kind of like his...turning into the Digimon Kaiser/Emperor. But I think you had mentioned that somewhere else...I'm not positive.

@The Post:

I don't really have anything really worthy to point out.

Sorry. I need to go watch more Digimon...

~*Batskee*~

Date: 05/24/14 10:38 AM

@Kira
I mean Kindness.
My friends say I'm kind.
I'm small.
An old post reply.

Date: 05/22/14 9:52 PM

@She-Wolf,

*tilts head* ...What? What do you mean "small kinds"?

Date: 05/22/14 7:47 PM

Small kinds, eh @Kira?
THATS ME!

Date: 05/21/14 3:51 PM

Did You Know That... All the Digimon Sovereigns have 4 eyes?

And not a "Did You Know" but I never understood why Merukimon (A Mega-level I believe) was guarded by Baby, In-Training, and Rookie Digimon. I'd expect Champions at the least

"Yes, blow it up so no one can ever use it again!" -Ken

Date: 05/06/14 2:24 PM

Okay, so I was going to stop with writing fanart on here, but I just HAD to add these:

First, a pic of Miyako/Yolei in Ken's grey Digital World clothes, with his Digimon Emperor sunglasses, saying "The Digital World is mine"

I thought that one of the comments was hilarious:

Ken: Mi- Miyako-san... -_-;;

No worries, Ichijouji. I did the reverse (a link to a picture of Ken in Yolei's real world clothes, Ken's not too happy about it, haha!)

Ken: That's... Even worse. ~-_-~ *blushes hard.*
Miyako: I think you look good in it, Ken-kun!
Ken: *hangs head*

Then there's an AWESOME Pic called "Michi e no Armor Shinka" which is the Japanese Digimon 02 CD Drama. It's got Tai on the left, Yolei on the right (in her battle clothes from the CD drama) Ken with his Digi-Egg (Yes, I said Digi-Egg) of Kindness (I love how they made his hair blowing) with Davis as the Digimon Emperor below (I'll be honest, I thought it was Ken at first, haha).

Then there's a pic of Davis as the Digimon Emperor, as "seen" in the Japanese CD drama, called "Digimon Kaiser Daisuke version" (Despite the artist of it saying they used too much red, I think its a nice touch. Plus it stops you from thinking its Ken (like I did twice on different pics...))

And there's a pic of Yolei, Cody, Davis, and Ken as little kids in the 01 time. It's called "Future Chosen Children - 8/1"

There was yet another pic of Davis as the Digimon Emperor, called "AGAIN??" and I laughed at one of the comments: "Daisuke's been in Ken's hidden closet again eh..." Hahaha- ahem...

Then there's a pic of Gatomon and Renamon, as semi-realistic cat and fox. Called "The Fox and the Cat"

~K!r@, A HiKen Shipper and Ken Fangirl

Date: 05/06/14 12:35 AM

I've also noticed that Ken's Digital World clothes seem to be his school uniform. I forgot what episode exactly (I think it was Spirit Needle but I'm not positive) but its where Ken walks down the stairs at his school before saying that he's had a lot on his mind, and so he's beginning to do bad in school.

But when his classmates are looking at their grades, look at their clothing: it all looks pretty similar.

I wish Ken's second Digital World clothing (his first I consider his Digimon Emperor clothes) was brighter, and looked better than just a simple grey shirt and pants, but oh well, I still like him and I'm not gonna complain about something little.

Marcus: Little?! *sits down and mutters something that no one can understand*
Me: *grabs rope and ties up Marcus*
Marcus: Really?
Me: Yes
Marcus: Can't you catch Ken and make him change into "brighter" clothes or whatever you want, and leave me alone for at least a day!
Ken: *walks in, NOT wearing his grey Digital World clothes*
Me: *smiles at Marcus* Besides, if I caught him then he'd probably never talk to me again.
Ken: Uh... thanks...?
Marcus: And if you keep tying me up and catching me, then I won't talk to you!
Me: *shrugs* I can live with that...
Marcus: *lying* Hey, I saw Kurata in the 02 Digital World!
Me: *gasp* Really? *takes another rope* It's payback time! C'mon Ken! *grabs Ken and drags him out the door*
Kunemon: *walks in* ... *looks at Marcus tied up and smiles* So they're doing this to you on two boards now? Why wasn't I told?! Anyway, where'd they go?
Marcus: They went to the Digital World, thinking Kurata is there
Kunemon: *missing the "thinking" part of what Marcus said* Kurata?! Wait for me, Kira! *runs out door after me*
Marcus: Wait! *silence, everyone is gone* Can someone untie me please?!

*Outside*

Me: *ties up someone* Ha! Got you now!
Ken: Uh... Kira?
Me: What?
??: *with Czech accent* What are you doing?
Ken: That's not Kurata...
Me: *looks at person I tied up* ...Radek?
Radek: Yes.
Me: Oh... sorry... *unties him*
Ken: *faceslap*
Me: Oh, come on! I can't be the only one that sees a resemblence!
Kunemon: You confused a character you like for a character you hate... from two completely different shows?
Me: ...Yes?
Radek: *mutters something in Czech and walks away*
Me: No idea what he just said... Anyway, on to getting revenge on Kurata! *runs off, dragging Ken along*

I really do see a resemblence between Radek Zelenka (StarGate Atlantis) and Kurata (Digimon: Data Squad) which I find very strange since I LIKE Radek and HATE Kurata. Their hair is similar (though Kurata's is longer) and they both wear glasses.

Dr. Radek Zelenka: You know, you're not pleasant when you're like this, McKay.
Dr. Rodney McKay: I'm always like this.
Dr. Radek Zelenka: My point exactly.

Date: 05/02/14 5:46 PM

I'm surprised I haven't posted this sooner. Maybe I have....

Eh, I'm too lazy to go through the posts and check!

Anyway, in the episode "Genesis Of Evil" when little Ken dips his Digivice into the water, and it morphs into a D-3, pay attention to Ken's eyes. The light-reflection thing slowly disappears, and his eyes become smaller.

I noticed that a while back but for some reason never posted it. I always thought it was so cool!

~K!r@
So sorry for the person I became.
So sorry that it took so long for me to change.
I'm ready to be sure I never become that way again
'cause who I am hates who I've been.
Who I am hates who I've been.

-Yet another song that goes with Ken. But this one REALLY goes with him.

Date: 04/30/14 1:08 PM

More Digimon Fanart:

There's this picture of Davis with Veemon on his back, happily holding up a sign saying, "Happy Singles Awareness Day!" with Davis crying about it. Called, "Digi - Singles Awareness"

Then there was a comic I thought was pretty funny (Called, "Digimon - Daisuke's Special) :

Tai: I was the first chosen (Digi-Destined) to get my Digimon to evolve to Perfect (Ultimate) level! *sweatdrop* Though, the first time I kinda unleashed SkullGreymon...

Takato: I was the first Tamer to evolve my Digimon to Ultimate (Mega) level! *crying* But due to my anger, the first evolution was a nasty one that nearly wiped out all life.

Takuya: *winking* I was the first to find my spirit! On the flip side, I couldn't control my beast spirit so I went on a rampage and blew up a mountain.

Marcus: I was the very first to use the power of Burst Mode! *looks down* Then again, I did it with a Dark DigiSoul (DNA Charge) so Agumon wound up as a egg.

Davis: I was the only one who didn't force an evolution, use a dark evolution, allow my Digimon to lose his mind, or go on a rampage. *Next Panel) HUZZAH!

Then there was a 3-part April Fools comic I liked. Called, "Digi02 - Shigatsu Baka":

TK: This is the spot from Daisuke-kun's S.O.S, right?
Cody: Yep
??: HA!
*Next pannel shows an obvious Davis dressed up as the Digimon Emperor*
Davis: You've all fallen for my trap! I'm back, and I've captured your leader!
Everyone: (everyone is slightly different, but it's along the lines of-) It's Daisuke-kun...
Ken: Definetly Motomiya-kun...
Davis: *offscreen* Aw, come on guys! At least play along!

*Part 2*
*The Digimon have dressed up at the Digimon Emperor, which is also pretty obvious*
Patamon: We... I... am the Digimon Kaiser reborn!
("Stop move'n!" "Hey, you're on my tail!" "I'm slipping!" "Hold still, dagya!" "Too late...!")
*Costume breaks*
Digimon: Woah!
Kari, TK, Davis and Cody: -__-
Yolei: 0_0
Ken: *faceslap*
("You moved" "Me?! You were the one that couldn't hold still!" "We almost had them, too!" "Ow! Now you're on my tail!" "Whose idea was this again?" "V-mon's!" "Was not!" "Waah! I'm sorry, Ken-chan!" "I'm sorry too!" "And meee!" "I'm sorry it failed..." "V-mon!" "What?")

*Part 3*

Digimon Emperor: Prepare to face the evil spirit of the Digimon Kaiser!
TK: *sighs* Not this, again...
Ken: Yea, but... he's a bit transparent. And we're all here this time.
*Everyone looks at each other*
Everyone: Aaah! Ghost!
*Everyone runs away but Ken. Silence.*
Ken and Wormmon: *look at each other* ...
*Next pannel, they're laughing*
Wormmon: One'd think they'd recognize a hologram by now, Ken-chan!
Ken: One would think...

Date: 04/24/14 10:57 PM

I've found some pretty cool Digimon FanArt.

One is called "Digimon:Rivals.Friends" and has all the rivals/friends of the main characters: Matt, Ken, Henry, Koji, Thomas, and Christopher (except Christopher really looks like 02 Matt. I think its supposed to be Christopher from the 2nd season of Fusion, but he still looks like 02 Matt) And everyone looks happy but Koji and Christopher.

Then there's another that goes with it, called "Digimon Legendary Heros", with Tai, Davis, Takato, Takuya, Marcus, Mikey (and Shoutmon) and Tagiru, with the ones from the Manga on the side. They gave Marcus goggles, although he isn't wearing them on his head (they're around his neck)

Then there's one called "DigiDestined Leaders" which, has the leaders and digimon of 6 seasons. And Marcus looks mad at his Agumon. He must have taken the last fried egg.

Then there's a timeline of all 6 goggleboys (...and Marcus) with Tai leading them. ...Only in the wrong direction. It's called "Digimon Timeline"

Then there's a picture of Yolei as the Digimon Empress, called "REQUEST: Empress Yolei"

~K!r@

Date: 04/23/14 4:15 PM

LOKorra12,

That's really cool. Good luck with continuing to learn it! And yes, you can call me Kira.

~K!r@