YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Video Game Insider » View Thread
Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS

Date: 10/11/13 8:48 PM

Couldn't think of a creative name at the moment, but I felt kind of excited to get this thing started.

Alright, so this is basically just discussions about the Super Smash Bros Franchise and specifically about the upcoming game in 2014.

The characters already confirmed for this game are:

Mario
Bowser
Mega Man
Pit
Fox
Samus
Pikachu
Animal Crossing Guy
Wii Fit Trainer
Peach
Luigi
Sonic
Toon Link
Donkey Kong
Olimar & Pikmin
Link

~*Batskee*~
Let the discussing begin!

305 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 04/16/14 7:26 PM

Jade G.: ConGladURations!(Misspelling fun) 300+ Posts!

Date: 04/15/14 10:27 PM

Whooo! 300+! That's totally cool!

..:|~=*Happy 300+ Posts!!!*=~|:..

~*Batskee*~

Date: 04/15/14 5:47 PM

Happy 300+ posts! I can't believe there are so many!

~K!r@ and P!t

Date: 04/14/14 7:52 PM

@Batskee
N? Where?(Looks) HEY! Give me N! He's cute!
N-yway, HERE WE GO!:
Misty
Lt. Surge
Sabrina
Koga/Janine(Named my wolf that)
Blue
Falkner
Whitney
Morty
Jasmine
Clair
Karen
Flannery
Marlon(He may be from it)/Wallace/Steven Stone/Juan
Tate & Lisa
Fantina
Cynthia
Burgh
Elesa(BW2 look)
Clay-ish
Skyla
Drayden/Iris
Roxie
Marlon(He's here again!)
N
Iris
N
Team Plasma
N
and N.
Team Rankings:
1 Plasma
2 Rocket(All THREE)
3 Aqua
4 Galactic
5 Magma
6 Flare/Flair

Date: 04/14/14 4:51 PM

*Looks around* I missed a lot, huh....... Anyway, I just saw the Arena Ferox stage. As someone who just got into Fire Emblem, It's pretty safe to say that that's gonna be one of my favorite stages. Now we just Chrom in SSB4 and my life will be complete. :D His final smash could be a critical hit. They could take voice acting from Fire Emblem and add it in for effect too... *Smiles insanely as I think about Chrom in SSB4* I'm fine with Marth and Toon Link, but you can't have an updated SSB without Chrom! D:
Bolt709
"Your end has come!"~Chrom, Fire Emblem: Awakening (See? Perfect Final Smash quote!)

Date: 04/14/14 2:28 PM

Batskee, Silver, Umbunny, and Raph,

(Batskee, yes I believe that's everyone)

Me: Uh, let's hope he remembers you have it. Or, at least not spend too long searching for it. So, uh, now what?
Pit: Batskee, do you know how to use the Star Rod? Or does Meta Knight?
Me: I've got it! *raises a hand to the sky* Lady Palutena! (Heh... whenever I play his game for a while, or apparently type that for him a lot, I end up saying it too) Can you bring me to Skyworld? *she warps me out of there*
Pit: I have an idea of what she's up to... but I'm not sure if it'll help us right now.
*After a few minutes, I come back, returning in the air with the Three Sacred Treasures*
Meta Knight: How were you able to fly?
Me: *taps helmet* Pegasus Wings. These Three Sacred Treasures are even cooler when you use them yourself!! ...Ahem, anyway, Dyntos was able to re-create them for SSB4. If we can get Dark Nebula out of Sakurai, then we can attack.
Pit: Easier said then done.
Meta Knight: Don't you think we would have tried that already?
Me: *asks quietly* What if we try to convince it to take control of someone more powerful? Like, Gannondorf, or Hades, or even any of the Gods/Goddesses from KIU, or any super-powerful character from any game?

~K!r@ and P!t
I love the Three Sacred Treasures! They look so cool! You can fly without the Power of Flight, have a shield, and your arrows can defeat Ornes!

Date: 04/14/14 1:54 PM

Batskee,

I know, just the way it's written it could sound like that. I know you don't actually think of Pit that way.

Ah, okay.

I'm not sure.

I'd hate that. I'd probably forget and wonder why I'd be getting so much damage, and why my attacks aren't going past my team member.

A Fire Dragon, eh? That sounds neat. But that's just because I'm a dragon fan. That's probably just a dragon made out of fire, right? Not an actual dragon?

As soon as I put her on my list of villagers I don't want, and post that list on the boards, the next day I re-start my game, and sure enough, she's one of my starting villagers. -_-

Haha, I don't think I've ever had to answer him.

Yeah, true. I always crash into stuff when using the Aether ring in KIU. The other 2 vehicles are fine, but the Aether Ring has "soft handling". There's this one part where there are these parts of the wall that come in and out quickly, and you need to avoid them. You can take the Aether ring though there, but the halls are narrow, so I'm always bumping from wall to wall, and can't stop that I actually go through the moving parts of the wall. Sure, it gives damage to the vehincle, but its the quickest and easiest way to do it. *shrugs*

...Really? Well, I guess that kinda makes sense. Cats are small. But a bus-sized animal with that small a brain? I remember reading something comparing the Velociraptors to the ones in the movie "Jurassic Park" It said something like, "Real-life Velociraptors couldn't walk in a straight line, much less turn a doornob." And for the record, the velociraptors in the movie were actually a LOT bigger than they really are, and are actually based on the Deinonychus (a larger raptor) instead.

~K!r@ and P!t
Pit: Thanatos was resurected as... a glowworm?
Palutena: I think the look he's going for his more... glowdragon

Date: 04/14/14 1:39 PM

They've revealed that SSB4 will be released in Summer 2014 for the 3DS, and in the Winter for Wii U. Good News for 3DS gamers, but Bad News for Wii U gamers.

Raphiel900 is out! Peace!
"No copyright law is gonna stop me from stopping u!" -Sonic

Date: 04/13/14 10:26 PM

@SheWolf99:

Thank you. I respect you as well. Do you have a favorite Gym Leader and or character in any of the Pokémon Games?

I know some people have a few different favorites or just one. Mine are: Steven Stone (Hoenn Champion/Regular Character), Cynthia (Sinnoh Champion), and N (part/former leader of Team Plasma)

~*Batskee*~

Date: 04/12/14 4:25 PM

GRENINJA!!!!!! OMG when I saw that trailer, I literally got tears in my eyes. I love Greninja!

Date: 04/12/14 3:26 PM

@Batskee(I Respect you)
Hm,
Johto(HGSS), Hoenn, and Unova2(B2W2).
REASONINGS!
Johto: Full of life, especially Goldenrod City. I feel like its the best.
Hoenn: MOST of the PKMN are great. Cradily is one of the flaws.
Unova2: W2 was my first MAIN PKMN game. I'm re-buying it. Good times with Dewott, Lucario, and Sigliph.

Date: 04/12/14 11:55 AM

@SheWolf99:

Blaziken is pretty good. My favorite is still Typhie, but that's just me. What's your favorite region?

Mine? I'm stuck between Johto and Hoenn.

~*Batskee*~

Date: 04/12/14 11:53 AM

@Kira, Umbunny, Silver, and Raph: (That's everyone right?)

Me: *looks at Toon Link* You sure you know what you're doing buddy?
Toon Link: *nods and slashes forward*
*stars shoot out but Sakurai dodges them easily*
Toon Link: *repeatedly slashes at Sakurai, only to get same result*
Meta Knight: We'll try and hold him still. Just, try not to hurt him too much, Link. *Pit and Meta Knight fly off to keep Sakurai occupied*
Me: *bends down to talk to Kirby* Hey, Kirby, do you mind helping us out?
Kirby: Piyo! *points to Toon Link*
Me: I know he's using it, but you can use the Star Rod. The one you used to defeat Nightmare!
Kirby: Piyo! *runs off*
Me; Wait! Kirby! I have it right here-oh forget it he's gone.

~*Batskee*~
To Be Continued...

Date: 04/12/14 11:41 AM

@Kira:

Hm? Oh no. I do like Pit! He's a very good character. I was just saying those centurions are so annoying. Man...

Yeah. They said that because Toon Link was also on the Spirit Tracks stage. So, they automatically thought that he wouldn't be in it while also being on the stage.

Hopefully they will. I wonder what they'll call it if it's similar to the Smash Runs.

Ack, I hate it when your ally attacks you. I especially hate it when I accidently forget to turn off Team Attack in Brawl...

I think it would be cool if they had Monster Flame Kirby. With that ability he can summon a Fire Dragon. That would've been pretty cool too. But I'll enjoy KO'ing somebody if I get mad at them :D

Ah, yes. That penguin. I remember her.

Haha, well, I suppose I don't have a favorite. Both are the same, sorta.

Heh-heh, I remember me and my one cousin both playing Animal Crossing and then both encountering Resetti after turning off our games in a rush to go to the zoo. She was stuck with him just givin a lecture while I had to say he was great or something like that.

Speed is always helpful. Unless you're going through narrow areas and your crashing into everything in plain sight.....not that I have any experience with that...*looks away and starts whistling*

~*Batskee*~
Haha, they say cats have the same brain size.

Date: 04/11/14 4:32 PM

@Fire Starter?
Fav: Blaziken/Delphox
Least: Infernape. UNORIGINAL!
Well, I support Salamander(Charizard), 'M, Tysplosion(Except for Quilava from the TUFF Message Boards), and Pig.
Mega Charizard(And sorta Bird) are over powered!

Date: 04/11/14 3:23 PM

Batskee,

(I know its not what you meant, but that last sentence could be seen that you think Pit is annoying, haha)
Your right, though. The Centurions are small. But the other two types are pretty big.

Haha, Toon Link had the lowest chance?

Oh okay, cool.

I think that the WiiU version will get something like Smash Run.

Yeah, I agree with that. I'd rather a favorite character of mine be a trophy that's hard to get than not being in the game at all.

Yup, its so weird but funny. Melee attacks in that game can be annoying. Like, whenever I try to get Melee attacks on Amazon Pandora, she spins with her small sword. Then of course, Dark Pit's melee attacks when he's supposed to be your ally!

Yeah, I remember seeing him as a Sticker in SSBB.

I bet a lot of people will. I think a lot of people liked his final smash and thought it was funny. But, since I loved Ike's Final Smash, I think I'll like Kirby's.

Yeah, Aurora. Her eyes are pitch black.

I never really got too far either. I prefered Wild World. And now I prefer New Leaf to both of those!

Haha! I remember when I first saw Resetti. He freaked me out. I was pretty young back then though.

Haha, it can be helpful. But I don't think too many of the weapons I have, have it. Like I've said before, I mainly focus on speed.

~K!r@ and P!t
Captain Archer: Still, the reptiles might've come out on top if it hadn't been for a slight disadvantage.
Xindi-Reptilian: And what was that?
Captain Archer: They had brains the size of a walnut. (pauses) That's very small.

-Hahaha! From Star Trek: Enterprise. Yet strangely enough, years after this, the crew of Voyager will discover that some Dinosaurs made starships and escaped before the asteroid hit. (Yes. That's a real episode of Star Trek. It's called Distant Origin.)

Date: 04/11/14 1:20 PM

Sakurai says that the items you can equip in Smash Run, are like the Powers in KIU. Hmm, interesting. I wonder what kinds of items there are.

~K!r@ and P!t

Date: 04/11/14 9:47 AM

(BACK TO ADVENTURE!)

Me: And as for that Tempura Wizard... Biggoron... ATTACK!!
Toon Link: o.o Where did you learn to fight so well?
Me: The Pit of 100 Trials.
Pit: Don't you mean... The PIT of 100 Trials?
Me: *Does a random backflip like in AC:NL* PUNS! Anyway, TO SAKURAI!
*Kira, Meta Knight, Pit, Raph, Batskee, Silver, Toon Link, Kirby, and I run to Sakurai's Office*
Evil Sakurai: WAHAHAHAHAHAH *Cough cough*
Me: Batskee... Why don't you do this?
*I look for the Star Rod, but see that Toon Link is about to use it*

TO BE CONTINUED

Date: 04/10/14 10:45 PM

@Kira:

Me:*shrugs* Well, they seemed so small in SSBB. They were so annoying....you trained them well Pit!

Hm, they might, they might not. It would be nice if they were detailed. Detailed video games are usually very enjoyable; unless the story (or controls) itself stinks...but that's another story.

Really? Interesting. I know IGN had lists of characters and their chances of getting in. Toon Link had the lowest chance, yet he got in!

Mewtwo would generally have psychic attacks. In Melee, his attacks (extremely similar to Lucario's) were a dark purple instead of blue.

Mewtwo was pretty good if you knew how to use him. (Unfortunately my Brawling friend knew how to use him...) I liked how he grabbed things; whether they were items or opponents. He didn't exactly grab them. He used his psychic abilities (telekinetic powers) to grab things.
Although, I still didn't like it when Mewtwo threw me off the stage...

Yeah, they did say it was only for the 3DS. I'm sure they'll mention something in particular that the Wii U version has and the 3DS doesn't. I'm not sure what it might be, but it should be really good.

Well, at least she's an Assist Trophy. I suppose, for fans who were disappointed that they're favorite character wasn't in, the next best thing (despite their sadness) would be an Assist Trophy and then third would be just a trophy. I guess...?

That's good that you recognized her immediately though. Haha! She hits you with her head?? Haha! That brings me back to that comment. (Now, I must stop laughing.)

Yeah, I agree. My friend had told me (by winter time) that Palutena might replace Zelda. I've already told you this of course, but despite Zelda still being in, I think Palutena still has a very good chance of getting in. Hmm...do you think she'd still have similar moves as Zelda?

Also, about Kirby's Final Smash, it's from Kirby: Return to Dreamland. In that game, you can get special abilities that are much more powerful than the original. For example, you've probably seen Sword Kirby, right? It's just Kirby with a sword and green cap similar to Link's. Well, if you swallow a large enemy that's glowing, you'll get a Super Ability; (still using Sword Kirby example) turning Kirby into Ultra Sword Kirby instead of just Sword Kirby. And that's (in the video) pretty much what Ultra Sword Kirby looks like.

I'll miss Cook Kirby...but it'll be fun to use that kind of a Final Smash on a fairly regular basis. It kind of reminds me of Link's Final Smash....and also Ike's! Hmm...now I'm curious about the others' Final Smash powers....

~Continuing on from our last conversation~

Oh okay. Sorry. I've been misunderstanding so many things lately. I don't know if I'm reading too fast or what...

Ah, I see.

Yeah. I don't think many people liked those controls.

That's good. I really liked it. :3 Still discovering new things I skipped over after I finished.

My pet? Haha, that's ironic since you're pretty much the only human there. I guess everything's backwards in their world...

Haha, a creepy penguin? I've seen some pretty odd penguins in my day. This one Macaroni Penguin was kind of fun though. I don't remember his name...there was an orange mouse named Limberg that I didn't think too fondly of either...

Oh okay. I didn't get too far in City Folk before I went back to training in Brawl. I don't know. I just seem to take to fighting games more. Although, arguing with Resetti might make AC a fighting game.

Well then, I suppose a good new discovery has been made!

Me: Don't try to draw away attention away from yourself again!....although, I am curious to who Icarus is; whether or not that person is related to Pit at all. Hm...I'm not sure.

Well, in the video, it looked pretty much like an ordinary bat, when attacking. Its difference size is obvious. Looks pretty cool to me.

Really? That's good. I can't think of a game that has some automatic move to save you when in danger. Hmm...I wish there was something like that for the games I play.

~*Batskee*~
Also, I still haven't died yet in the second slot of LoZ! Hurray!

Date: 04/10/14 9:47 PM

@SheWolf99:

Oops. Sorry. Forget my question. Who's your favorite fire starter? Or any starter Pokémon in general.

~*Batskee*~
I thought by #1 you meant by the best fire starter. Eh, heh-heh? Anyway, I'm with you on that one....although Tepig is pretty close too...