YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Video Game Insider » View Thread
Should Super Smash Bros 4 be on 3DS?

Date: 08/12/14 6:36 PM

Ok I know there might be a lot of hate but should Super Smash Bros be on 3DS?

Reason's why it Shouldn't:

1. Nintendo always does more advertising for 3DS, and rarely Wii U, If Nintendo keeps advertising like this, Wii U will reamain Unknown.

2. Nintendo really needs to sell Wii U's, 3DS has sold 45 million, and Wii U only 7 million, If Super Smash Bros is exclusive to Wii U it might be able to outsell PS4.

Why It Should:

1. It'll be the first Super Smash Bros on a handheld.

Finally...

I think It shouldn't be if Wii U was around 30 million I'd say deffinetly! But, since 23 million short of that I think we need to wait till the Next Generation to see if the Nintendo Fusion sells well and we can see Super Smash Bros 5 on 4DS (Whatever the next handheld is)

13 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 09/23/14 9:53 PM

Vita-Failed
3DS-Winned

Date: 09/20/14 3:49 PM

What I don't get is how do Nintendo Handhelds always outsell their consoles?

Gamecube: 22 Million
GBA: 118 Million

Wii: 104 Million
DS: 153 Million

Wii U: 7 Million
3DS: 45 Million

But then...

PS3: 80 Million
PSP: 79 Million

PS4: 10 Million
PSVita: 4 Million

So... Playstation consoles outsell their handhelds, Nintendo's handhelds outsell their consoles.

I Really just wish Nintendo didn't start handhelds, and plus Nintendo's third party games are terrible. PSVita and PSP actually have the right versions. Handhelds just really seem weird to have the only one I have is GBA. The only reason I want a 3DS is not for SSB4, Not MK7 (Got MK8 Already) It's for animal crossing new leaf.

Date: 09/19/14 6:34 PM

@SheWolf99 Nintendo is actually made for children. I just don't understand why you hate on PlayStation so much because PlayStation and Xbox have better games and their more mature than Nintendo , i meant to say that PC and PlayStation have mature users than Nintendo because its targets younger children.

Date: 09/18/14 8:23 PM

I think that Nintendo might just have to stop making consoles soon. The Wii U just doesn't seem to be doing it. The 3DS, though, still has a good amount of popularity. If they start moving Smash Bros to handhelds now, the franchise will still live on if Nintendo stops making home consoles.

Date: 08/20/14 6:23 PM

@S56quid:

For me, I find the Wii U as a better appeal. *shrugs* Just 'cuz. I hear that this'll have more music. (Music is a big thing for me) It'll also be on a bigger screen. (I like to feel like I'm almost in the battle) Plus, even though you can turn the 3D off, there won't be big black outlines. That was a big 'no-no' for me when I saw it.

A good drop price would be great. If they offered Smash Bros. along with a Wii U would be incredible! I know you can already pre-order the two version now, which surprises me, but hey. Get'em while they're hot!

~*Batskee*~

Date: 08/19/14 5:43 PM

@Squid
Yes, and it(Mega SlowBro/Gal) is Canon. I don't know why Shel wants to eat SlowBro/Gal.

Date: 08/16/14 9:41 PM

And... have you even looked it up?

Date: 08/16/14 4:55 PM

@Squid
And where's the proof of NintendoFusion?
Unlike Mega SlowBro/SlowGal.

Date: 08/16/14 2:17 PM

Yeah but I just wish from the very beggining it wasn't gonna be on 3DS, but the good news is like over 90% of people are getting it on Wii U, and the Wii U one comes out near Christmas, which is great it can sell millions! All they need now is a price drop, to sell more.

Date: 08/16/14 10:27 AM

@s56quid:

Well, I wasn't too thrilled by the idea either, but they've already made it official. There's no changing what's already in progress and possibly almost finished by now.

Although, I'm more for just having it on the Wii U, it gives the chance for people who don't have a Wii U, but already have a 3DS to join in on the awesomeness of Super Smash Bros. I know that when I was little, I didn't have certain consoles to play games I really wanted, so I sort of relied on my friends to let me play them.

*shrugs* It also helps for when people are on the go. Granted, I don't want people walking into walls because they're so absorbed in the games like people are with their phones nowadays, but it's good for practicing whenever.

The thing that bothered me most was that things would be different in each one. I liked the idea of having everything in one system so nobody would be left out of getting something they really liked in one game.

~*Batskee*~
I've warmed up to the idea now, though.

Date: 08/16/14 12:14 AM

I know that but I just want it on Wii U, and the Nintendo Fusion is Nintendo's next console, you haven't heard rumors of Wii Us right? (I thought that would be the next console but not a chance) Nintendo is done with the Wii brand (Not including Wii U yet) It said Wii U has a very long life ahead of it, so you just don't belive it cause it's not coming for a long time, but in the this decade (Who know's how long he meant by a very long life it's probaly not a decade though) Nintendo Fusion will be announced at an E3, plus there's like 100 pictures of the console, it's deffinitley the next Nintendo console, it's like already confirmed by Nintendo even maybe, they just wanna suprise Sony to beat them in 9th gen

Date: 08/15/14 5:38 PM

It IS for the 3DS. And the Nintendo Fusion, won't happen.