YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Video Game Insider » View Thread
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Date: 08/15/14 9:25 PM

After several years of owning the game, I finally went back to it, and beat it a few days ago. I've been playing it a lot lately-- both trying to get through the game and messing around, doing whatever.

So, I made this topic to talk about the game. Your favorite or least favorite characters, temples/dungeons, bosses, items, and anything related to the game!

And if your going to post spoilers from the game, please give warnings in case someone hasn't played or finished it yet, and don't want to be spoiled.

~K!r@ and P!t
I love playing as Wolf Link! I know some people don't, but I love to! It's so fun and he's so cool-looking!

13 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 08/23/14 11:01 AM

@WolfLinkLikers
Louis: WHAT ABOUT ME!!! I was created BECAUSE of Wolf Link.
RiNa: Elextri can't speak now, she's Stuck in Stone... Check the post!

Date: 08/22/14 5:12 PM

@Batskee,

Yeah, I don't agree with it either. I love the game and Wolf Link.
-----
Not on my personal game, but on an online walkthrough, yes. And I would prefer him snobby than weird like that as well.
-----
Yes, I did! I expected it to drain Rupees only when you got hit. But it is helpful when your Rupee wallet is full, and your against a tough enemy. Although I wish it prevented knockback...
-----
Ugh, I hate how you can't take it! I don't care if I can't hold any more, I don't care if I won't be getting anything, just let me open the chest and get it off my map!
But nope; the game won't let me. I had to miss a lot of chests because my wallet was full. So then I began wasting my money before going to a new level.
------
The amushes from Twilight Monsters was so annoying! The hand is already after you, getting faster each time, and you need to figure out where to put the Sol and where to go from there. Did they really need to add in hiding monsters that make you drop it?!
But I strangely (and luckily) didn't get mad at it. It was still fun. I had a lot of "silent rage" in the Water Temple. "Silent rage" is what I call my Video Game Rage. I don't scream or yell, but I do squeeze the nunchuk when I get annoyed, haha.
------
Yes, I will try to keep my rants to a minimum as well... Not saying anything...
------
I thought Argorok was tough but in a fun way. He wasn't too hard to fight, but just hard in trying to go fast, go things correctly, etc.
-------
The vulture ones, or the monster-birds? The small Vulture ones are SO annoying. If you defeat them all, though, then you get Rupees! And I use Z-target as well. Or I wait and jump at them as a Wolf. The second is much more fun!
Just wait til their low enough, in front of you, and jump and bite!
-------
Yeah, they should have had more statues that you could interact with more. Swinging that hammer and destroying everything in my path was fun!
---------
If you want help with the Dragonfly, read on. If not, skip down. Their both located by the middle of the map. One is around one of the trenches that you can walk through (check both hills and the trench itself) and the other is in the middle of nowhere. It's easier to find at night.
------
Yes! Of course! I love the special moves Link does, and when I got to use a Finish move on the Poe, I was so excited! Now I'm sad I only have a few more left to find... I want more Finish chances!!! *everyone stares at me* ...
--
Finish [Same as Poe move]
Headbutt [instead of Sheild Attack]
Mortal Bite...? [Mortal Draw]
...That's all I got...

~K!r@ and P!t

Date: 08/20/14 6:17 PM

@Kira (and anyone else who cares about my opinion/what I have to say):

There are a lot of people who like her. A little bit less of those who oppose her. But, there's also a mixed amount of people who like and dislike Twilight Princess.

The reason the don't like it is mainly because of Wolf Link. I still can't understand why. I think the controls are fine, but people say they're hard. They also prefer Link better than his wolf form. They also think that it's hard to see things in the game. I don't agree with this, by the way.

~Spoiler Alert!~
Anyway, that Malo Mart guy... Did you ever see him when he was in that fancy place? He was pretty snooty? Well, even if he did have things at ridiculous prices and somewhat drove me out with his attitude, I'd prefer him like that much more than what he is after Malo Mart.

Also, did you get that 'Magic Armor'? What do you think of that? I was expecting my moves to be even more powerful or I'd at least somehow become 'magical'. But no. Instead, it drains me of my Rupees. It's false advertising, is what it is!! I was expecting something much different. However, after you beat the game, when you pretty much have no real reason or goal to buy an important item that'll help you along your journey, it's kind of good. For those times where you just want to spend all of your Rupees to make room for some more.
It always aggravated me whenever I'd almost get a Game Over to get to a chest and then I'd find a red or silver Rupee! It would've been somewhat worth it if my wallet hadn't been full. 'So let's just put it back for now' ~End of Spoilers~

The Palace of Twilight was very interesting. The people intrigued me too. The Sol and Hand thing was fun, but I got mad at myself a couple of times for dropping it...or being ambushed by Twilight Monsters all of a sudden. But the final end result of the Sols made it all better. :3

I'm still not sure about my favorite temple/dungeon though....I'm positive about my least favorites though! That awful Water Temple. Gosh. (I had to go back there to search for Heart Container Pieces as well. Just awful) The Gerudo Temple was either a little less bad or just as bad. Getting through certain areas was a pain. But I already ranted, so I suppose that should be good enough.

I liked Agorok as well. Although, I did fail a few times going up against him...

Haha, sometimes I need to use the targeting for the bow and arrow. Especially if I'm in Hyrule Field and up against those birds; and trying to mess with the trolls. Haha, yesterday, when I was messing around as usual, I did so as a wolf this time. I got all three groups of the trolls following me as well as a bird. Well, the trolls were firing off arrows, I was just running in circles, and the bird was chasing after me. Surprisingly, the bird was defeated by the three groups of trolls! I couldn't believe it. All I did was run around in circles! (Yay Wolf Link!)

Ah yes! The Dominion Rod! That was another good weapon that I liked using. ~Spoiler Alert!~ But, having the statue 'buddy' follow me around was the biggest thing. After that, it wasn't as much fun.

*nods* I know how you feel. I wish you could sell certain items. *shrugs* But I guess they deem it necessary to keep all of them....it looks so cluttered though...

Maybe it was just me. I play Midna's Lament on the piano kind of slow sometimes to hear the notes, instead of it being sort of rushed. The Hidden Village music was fun. Legend of Zelda's goin' western! Yee-haw! *awkward silence* Ahem...anyway... yeah. It does. Midna's Theme is in Twilight Princess' Main Theme as well. Pretty much by the end really.

I only need to find one more bug. ~Spoiler Alert!~ The Gerudo Dragon Fly....but I forget whether it's a boy or a girl that I must search for...*shrugs* Ah well. When I find it, I find it; and then I'll find out. ~End of Spoilers~

I mostly spend up my Rupees on arrows, bombs, and occasionally for Lantern Oil (Which I don't use that often anymore.) I also wish they'd give Wolf Link more special moves to use whenever, instead of just on Poes. Do you?

~*Batskee*~
Long post...

Date: 08/20/14 5:42 PM

@Everyone:

For those who'd like to search out all of the Heart Container Pieces, you should go to the fortune teller in Castle Town.

Her building should be right next to Princess Agitha's. When you ask her for your fortune and she asks 'what door you would like to open', choose love. She will then show you a glimpse of where a Heart Container Piece can be found.

Sometimes, you have to do something in order to get it. It's not always going to be right in front of you when you get there. You have to look around in certain areas or talk to certain people. You might even have to do some minigames in order to achieve the Heart Container Piece. It varies with each thing.

~*Batskee*~

Date: 08/19/14 5:42 PM

@Batskee
RiNa: I can't WAIT to be poster!
Elextri: She was made to be our Reference Hedgie.

Date: 08/18/14 10:38 PM

Hm. I could've sworn I replied to both of your posts yesterday. I'll post again tomorrow!

~*Batskee*~

Date: 08/18/14 5:06 PM

@Kira
RiNa: My Idea, And I need a boat and PBG.(Grabs PBG and a Boat from nowhere) ADVENTURE!
"ADVENTURE!"-PBG or RiNa.

Date: 08/17/14 7:36 PM

@SheWolf99

WW standing for "Wind Waker"? I've only played Twilight Princess, heh-heh...

You can make a Wind Waker topic if you want, though!

Date: 08/17/14 12:38 AM

RiNa: I want a WW page!
Louis: I am basically like Wolf link, so don't feel alone.

Date: 08/16/14 2:00 PM

@Batskee, and anyone who is interesting in my opinions about the game,

(Second Part!)

Favorite Item(s) : (Spoiler Alert about Items)Once again I must agree with you. The bow I enjoyed, especially when I could actually hit something without Z-Targeting. The Clawshots I enjoyed as well. But I temporarily enjoyed each item when I got it. (Destroying the small spiders with the Gale Boomerang instead of a slingshot, breaking through the ice with the Ball and Chain, having a statue "buddy" following me and destroying anything that got in my way (although I regretted breaking that one laser-tower thing...Was not expecting 20 mini spiders to come out...), and, um... well I can't think of any more items now, haha. But I'm sure there's more examples!)(Spoiler Alert Over)
--
Least Favorite Item(s) :
-
Slingshot: Okay, so at first I really enjoyed it. Then, as time went on, you used it less, and then it became pointless. The only real reason to use it anymore was to save on arrows, and even then only certain things it would work for. I eventually wanted a way to get it out of my inventory. I had a ton of items, and I wanted more room (I know it wouldn't allow me to get more items, I just wanted it to look like more room, you know?)
-
Hawkeye: When I first found out what it was, I thought it was going to be very helpful and easy to use. It's so small and hard to see, that it doesn't help with aiming. Especially if your trying to hit a moving target (maybe it would work better if you use the nunchuk stick instead of the Wii Remote...?) I only used it once in the whole game, and even then it barely helped and I went back to using the bow normally.
-
Spinner: Don't get me wrong, its a cool idea and all, and I kinda like it, but I just find it difficult to control. Otherwise, I would really like it. Plus, you don't use it too much.
-------
The postman? Haha, well I don't really like him too much. I find him very strange, but he is funny. After hearing Masae's (youtuber) voice for his "Onward to MAAAAAIL!" I really liked that line..
-
I agree. Although the Twilight is a bad thing and all, I like the look of it as well as the monsters you fight. I really, really like the Palace of Twilight as well. And, despite Midna calling her imp form hideous, I think she's really cute.
-
I honestly haven't heard all that much of it. I was too busy playing the game, and the only music that I actually remember and hear fine is the Hyrule Field theme, and the Western music in the Hidden Village. I have heard Midna's Lament by itself online (And SSBB) and I really like the song. For me, I don't call it "calming" as it reminds me of that scene, and I find the song sad, but I really like it too.
-
Really? I didn't know it played at any other moment than, y'know, Midna's desperate hour.
-
Two of my friends really like Agitha. I kinda like her, and I was surprised that you go from 300 to 600, and then 600 to 1000.
-
Jovani I found... weird. I had seen his name when I was looking up stuff, and I was surprised when I saw him and realized THAT was him. Although, I like collecting the Poe's. Mainly because its the only time you can finish in Wolf Form. I love doing special attacks like that. (I loved the Helm Splitter attack!)
And yes! The 200 Rupees is true! Except... by the time you actually get all of the Poe Souls... you don't have much of a need for Rupees anymore.
I always have too many rupees as it is, so getting 200 each time I speak to the cat won't be too helpful for me, haha.
Unless I decide to keep wasting my rupees... Which I might do...

Date: 08/16/14 1:58 PM

@Batskee, and anyone who is interesting in my opinions about the game,

(Once again-- too long so two parts!)

Haha, and yeah I might have spoiler problems as well. I meant more along the lines of giving away plot idea (the actual enemy and who Midna really is, for example)
-----
My favorite character would be Wolf Link or Midna. I think pretty much everyone likes Midna.
------
Least favorite character: I'm not exactly sure either... Possibly: Malo, the postman, the Malo Mart guy like you said...
-
Malo-- A Let's Player called him a demon-baby, and had a pretty funny voice for him. And she pointed out some things that made Malo seem creepy and very strange... but funny at the same time.
-
Postman-- He's pretty strange and I didn't really look forward to meeting him. When you see him in other places (Telma's Bar, for example) I find it very strange. And the way he's sitting his weird too...
-
Malo Mart guy-- Like you said, he is kinda creepy. And that noise he makes when you buy something gets on my nerves too.
-----------
Favorite Temple: Palace of Twilight. I really liked the look of it, and I found it interesting. (Spoiler Alert) The part with the Sol and Hand chasing it was difficult at times, but I found it fun at the same time. Then when your sword gets powered up, its really cool.
--
Least Favorite Temple: Yes, I must agree with you. The water temple-- That was so confusing for me! Not only were their 5 doors, but some were blocked off, and you not only needed to figure out which one you needed to go into, but which level to pull that would lead to it.
I also kept falling into the water below with those piranna-monsters and they got on my nerves. The mini-boss I found gross-looking, and those tapdole/fish/piranna-things were annoying.
And the boss. Most aggravating moment in the entire game. A lot of people say it was the easiest boss, but for me it was the hardest. Firstly, the eye thing was kinda creepy, and you only had one chance to aim before you would get grabbed. You had to try to aim correctly, but be fast with it.
And with the second part, I kept getting pulled into the mouth of it, even if I wasn't in front of it, and I could latch onto where your supposed to.
-
The Gerudo (Desert/Sand) temple also got annoying. I drowned in quicksand so many times, and when I got the Spinner, I found it hard to control. The mummy enemies (Redead, I believe their called) I also found annoying.
And that area with two of them and the small skeletons... me too! And they surrounded me when I was in quicksand as well. I ended up quickly running past, haha!(Spoiler Alert Over)
-------
Favorite Boss: I also really enjoyed Stallord. It was a lot of fun, like you said. (Spoiler Alert) I also enjoyed Agorak, the dragon. When I first saw him, I thought he looked awesome. I wasn't expecting a dragon in a Zelda game, much less one looking that cool. The battle was kinda hard because you had to wait for the right time, and had to quickly grapple onto different areas with the Clawshots, but I really enjoyed it. (Spoiler Alert Over)
--
Least Favorite Boss: Like I said above-- Morpheel. So. Annoying. I won't rant about it again, though, haha.

Date: 08/16/14 10:17 AM

@Kira:

Woo! A Twilight Princess topic! Finally! *ahem* Anyway...

I suppose my favorite characters would be either Link or Midna. (But I think almost everyone likes Link, so if he doesn't count, Midna)
___

My least favorite character? Hmm...I dunno.
___
~Spoiler Alert!~
Maybe that creepy guy who works at the new Malo Mart in Castle Town
~End of Spoilers~

I guess maybe Malo? I dunno.
___

My favorite temple/dungeon? Hmm...I honestly don't know yet.
___

I'm not sure about my least favorite either.
___
~Spoiler Alert!~ (There will be a lot of these)
I'm not one for underwater places. It always goes so slow for me. However, with all those small bugs that slow you down, the quicksand, and those parasite things that jump out from the sand in that Sand Temple...it really gets on your nerves.
Plus, that one undead enemy with the huge machete (or something) that screams and paralyzes you until the last second really got on my nerves. Especially when you have to search for the poes and there are two of them in that area. As well as those smaller skull enemies which just stall you as those two come at you. That one little area killed me twice (possibly thrice) before I won against them.
~End of Spoiler Alerts...for now~
___
Favorite Boss? Well, although this whole post might as well be a spoiler alert...
___
~Spoiler Alert~
Fossilit Stallord! Battling him was the most fun I've had in battling a boss in a long time! The Spinner was so much fun to use in my opinion! Even though those skull enemies that pop up in front of Stallord when you try and hit his backbone get in your way, it's fun. (There are also those spiked spinners going around the area as well, but they're not too hard to dodge once you get the timing right)
~End of Spoilers~

___
Favorite Item(s)? Well, I'm going to have to use the plural form of that question.

My first favorite would be the Bow and Arrow. I just love that weapon/item! It might also be because I like archery, but all-in-all, it's a very useful item. (No, I don't do archery, but I tried it once and it was a LOT of fun!)
My second favorite would be the Clawshoots. You can grab things with them. You can attach to the certain platforms with them. You can attack with them. It's very useful, as well.

___
My least favorite? The Hawkeye. I don't really have a use for it. If I wanna take a peek at something far away, I run over to it and take a look up close. Using the Hawkeye is kind of tricky too, but you get use to it I guess...

___
Anything related to this? Hm...does anyone else like the postman? I don't know. I find the way he runs kind of funny. And when he hollers for you when you have mail. Haha.
I also think the wall of Twilight is pretty cool. The effects of the places covered in Twilight are really beautiful in my opinion.

Also, I'm still in love with the music. The music in this game is really magnificent. Going on the topic of music, my favorite song would be Midna's Lament (also known as Midna's Desperate Hour). It's both emotional and calming.
___
~Spoiler Alert!~
Although, the timing of the song when it's most clearly played, isn't very calming. Also, the first time you hear the song, isn't after Zant attacks Midna and she becomes deathly sick. It's actually when you're riding on that flying Twilight monster, after Midna overthrows its original 'master' to give Wolf Link a lift up to where the Zoras are. Through the tunnel, you hear a distorted version of the song. You also hear a part of it when you're fishing in that one...fishing area. (I forget the names, sorry) You mostly hear, in the fishing area, my favorite part of Midna's Lament. (Close to the ending)
I also like Princess Agitha's theme: Waltz of the Bugs. It's really nice. I, for one, like waltzes, so that may be the main reason. Granted, Princess Agitha is pretty odd when she starts trying to rhyme when you give her a bug, but the girl gives you so many rupees! Especially when you have a pair! :3 Giovanni is okay too. I heard that if you successfully recover all the Poe's Souls and return Giovanni to his normal self, once you keep going to him, he will always give you 200 Rupees or something. Never ending supply. That's pretty darn good!
~End of Spoilers~
___
On the note of music, for those who really like it, you should try out the symphonic version of the music! It's even more beautiful when you hear it played by an orchestra. Most of the Legend of Zelda music is digitally played. (The exception of Skyward Sword) So, for those who want to hear that version, look up Twilight Symphony. It should be by ZREO. An official group who Re-Orchestrates Legend of Zelda music. Hence the name: Zelda Re-Orchestrated (ZREO). It's really cool!
___
~*Batskee*~
Gosh this is a long post...and I still have more in mind...