YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Video Game Insider » View Thread
Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (ORAS) Discussion!

Date: 08/23/14 4:39 PM

As most of you all know. The third generation is finally getting its remake. This might as well be used as a confirmation thread as well so I will post all the megas, certain NPC/characters & etc

New Mega Evolutions
Mega Slowbro. Water/Psychic. Shell Armor (He shouldve got Regenerator)
Mega Sceptile. Grass/Dragon. Lightiningrod (ULTIMATE ROTOM-WASH COUNTER!!!!! (I aint counting HP Ice))
Mega Swampert. Water/Ground. Swift Swim (Do you even lift? bruh)
Mega Sableye. Dark/Ghost. Magic Bounce (I wish he got Prankster :< )
Mega Altaria (I hate this thing)
Mega Mence. Dragon/Flying. Aerilate (He's goin Ubers)
Megagross. Steel/Psychic. Tough Claws(He's getting the Speed buff he needed :D )
Mega Lopunny Normal/Fighting. Scrappy (P cool imo)
Mega Audino. (THIS IS A FAIL MEGA)
Mega Diancie (I also hate this thing)

Characters
Brendan & May (Protagonists)
Professor Birch (usual professor)
Roxanne (has Nosepass)
Brawly (has Makuhita)
Wattson (has Magneton :3 )
Flannery (has Torkoal)
Norman (has Slaking/also your dad)
-reserved-
-reserved-
-reserved-
Sidney (has a Shiftry)
Phoebe (has Dusknoir. an upgrade from her Dusclops in RSE)
-reserved-
-reserved-
Steven Stone (He has a Mega Metagross :o )
Archie (Antagonist of Alpha Sapphire. Might have Mega Sharpedo)
Maxie (Antagonist of Omega Ruby. Might have Mega Camerupt)
New Characters in ORAS
Aarune (Secret Base Expert. has Flygon. cool dude)
Lisia (Contest Star. Has Altaria. she's kinda cute imo)

15 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 10/18/14 3:44 PM

So you got Mega Steelix in Japan & Mega Glalie all over the place except North Murica. So what do you think the Mega Pokemon for North Murica will be? I want it to be a Mega Farfetch'd that is pretty much a Samurai in which his Stick becomes a Sword who is Fighting/Flying type

Date: 10/11/14 10:38 AM

MEGA BEEDRILL & MEGA PIDGEOT CONFIRMED!
Mega Beedrill keeps its typing & gains the ability, Adaptability. This means it will spam those X-Scissors.
While Mega Pidgeot also keeps typing & gains No Guard just for Hurricane & Heat Wave spam.
-
It appears that you can ride on a Mega Lati@s (depeding on version) & catch the 4th gen & 5th gen legendaries. You can get the Eon Ticket to get Latias in OR & Latios in AS.

Date: 10/05/14 12:14 PM

i can't wait for the alpha sapphire i looooooooooove rayquaza but i like kyogre to.
i'm saving up now, but maybe i'll get it for christmas or my birthday

Date: 10/03/14 3:39 PM

Yes! I love Rayquaza! That Pokémon just seriously rocks! Now it has a Mega Form too!

~*Batskee*~
I must now go and look up pictures of this Pokémon...

Date: 10/02/14 3:33 PM

Oh boy, Here is a Pokemon that is caught at Level 70 in Ruby, Sapphire & EVEN EMERALD. It's ability is Air Lock that prevents weather effects & its awesome! Rayquaza!!! So Rayquaza, well its got a new primal forme whoops I mean Mega, Its ability is Delta Stream which removes all weather effects & I think It makes types that normally resist Flying be neutrally hit by it. Just like Kyogre & Groudon, Rayquaza now has his own signature move, its Dragon Ascend. It is thought to be the most power Flying type move (wow, Its not even Dragon type despite "Dragon" in its name :/ )
So let me just say this. MEGA RAYQUAZA IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna guess its Mega Stone pops up where it stood when you battled it in ORAS.
Thats it, ASTA GalvantuLA VISTA

Date: 09/13/14 6:25 PM

@Aurorus:

Wow. That's quite a lot of data there! It's almost like I can just come here to get a ton of info on ORAS instead of searching for it.

---

The Mega Evolutions for both Kyogre and Groudon will be interesting. I still have no idea what I'll be aiming for. Although Latias will probably be in Alpha Sapphire I wonder if they'll have ORAS very similar to the original or if they're going to switch everything up with the whole Mega Evolution concept. I sadly believe it will be the second...

---

Mega Gallade not a Fairy type?? Yes!! I still don't see why Fairy Types (of all the types they could've come up with) had to be accepted. I mean, sure Dragon Types are very powerful, but they can be taken down with Ice types! Wasn't that good enough?? No. Apparently not.

---

Aside from that blunt rant, I look very forward to seeing the new style in this game. I just hope they don't pull another weird camera motion trick like they did in Lumoise City. That was very annoying...to me and to a lot of other people.

---

And lastly, Wally has a Gallade? Yay! I always felt kind of weird when I saw his Gardevoir...as a male. I'm probably not the only one who feels this way, but I just felt like shooting it out there again. Anyway, it'll be fun to try and take that thing down as well as go through one of my favorite Classic Pokemon games. :3

---
~*Batskee*~

Date: 09/12/14 7:48 PM

Here's some stuff that are confirmed:
-
Primal Groudon has the ability Desolate Land which causes strong sunlight to happen when its out. This means that you cannot change the weather & Water attacks have no use which really helps Primal Groudon a lot as its Ground/Fire type. Its signature move is Precipice Blades.
Primal Kyogre on the other hand has Primordial Sea which like Desolate Land causes strong rain to happen when its on the field. so you can't change the weather & Fire moves have no effect which doesnt really effect Kyogre anyways but whatever. It also has a signature move called Origin Pulse.
Rayquaza is said to hold a Primal forme or Mega Evo
-
So on the next batch of CoroCoro information, there will be a special serial code that will be given. It gives you a demo of ORAS. You choose from the NFE forms of the Starters & at the end, you get a Mega Evolution. If you play this everyday, something special is gonna happen. I'm is not sure if this Japan only or internationally.
-
So finally we go to what you've all been waiting for, right? So here it is:
Wally Confirmed!
What was that what you weren't waiting for? Fine, here you go, the Mega Evolutions Confirmed! They were pretty obvious though...
Mega Gallade. Psychic/Fighting. Inner Focus (Wally has one) (Awww yeah, (at least it isnt fairy type :p ))
Mega Sharpedo. Water/Dark. Strong Jaw (Archie confirmed to have it) (A Crunch from that thing will destroy you)
Mega Camerupt. Fire/Ground. Sheer Force (Maxie has been confirmed to have it) (Sheer Force is really good on it ;> )
-
So that concludes what we have for this month. (I use Serebii to get these data) Sooo, What are your thoughts? ...You guys know how to post comments down below. & I'm off

Date: 08/28/14 12:13 PM

8 I like Lance a bit more.
9 Denn-is Done.(Done is Done Pun)
10 Can I interst yo in, Mega Slowburrito?(I like the coney)

Date: 08/28/14 11:59 AM

1 I like Latias(Soon I'll have two!)
2 Dennis_From_Hoenn on Instagram, he's my Trainer
3 Dennis Didn't Hurt Kurt!
4 I only play 2/5 of my PKMN games; The other 3 are X, White, and LeafGreen.
5 I like my trainer
6 Me and Dennis are both born in 2002.
7 Hoenn is best Region Design!

Date: 08/27/14 6:18 PM

@SheWolf99:

Well, actually, I don't own HeartGold. I have SoulSilver. HeartGold has Latias though....that's alright! I have Latios! And I'll always have Steven Stone in Ruby, Sapphire, and even in Emerald!

Who's Dennis?

Also, Black and White? They were good. I like Oshawott and Servine. I didn't like Pignite or any of its evolved forms. And I mostly like those fire types! Still really want a Typhlosion in my Pokémon X game....

Also, second? I see. Steven Stone ties with Cynthia. Cynthia was so epic. She was the hardest gym leader for me. Ever. I also like her look. She's pretty cool.

~*Batskee*~

Date: 08/27/14 8:19 AM

@Batskee(Owns Heartgold AND White2)
I like Johto as much as Hoenn, and Unova.
_
Dennis, WHERE ARE YOU!!!
_
Except I dislike the original BW, the Sequels were hard, but better.
_
Steven Stone is by far, the 2nd best champion, if you count Lance.(Lance is 1st, Iris is 3rd)

Date: 08/25/14 9:14 PM

@Aurorus:

Well, I'm looking forward to the game. It seems like it'll be good. The Hoenn region is one of my favorite regions. (It ties with Johto)

I'm interested to see some of the new Mega Evolutions. Some of them I look forward to seeing while others I kind of feel like they should have just left them alone.

I'm really happy to see Latias and Latios again. Granted, they have made appearances in other past games (SoulSilver and HeartGold for example). I think the might've also appeared in Black2 & White2, but I'm not positive.

A Mega Audino? That sounds pretty awful. Those things looked so prissy in Black and White (plus their sequels), even though they did give you a lot of Exp. encountering one of those things were just depressing. You expect something special, but you get that. (My apologies to you Audino lovers out there)

I'm planning on going for Treecko. Lots of people are aiming for Mudkip though...or Torchic since they'll eventually get Blaziken. I'm also looking forward to capturing a Ralts early on in the game. Then it can become a Gardevoir and do some damage! (I don't really care for her Mega Evolution though...)

I also hope that Steven Stone will resume his rightful title as Champion. I was disappointed when Wallace was Champion in Emerald.

~*Batskee*~
I suppose I'm a Steven Stone fan because when I played FireRed, I would go crazy with evolving Pokemon (primarily Eevee's) with stones.

Date: 08/24/14 8:19 PM

I'm excited,

Date: 08/24/14 2:30 AM

I shouldn't have said I'd be updating this thread. You guys can too. I also forgot to mention that..... THERE'S A SHINY BELDUM YOU CAN GET BY MYSTERY GIFT!!! ITS HOLDING ITS MEGA STONE!!! (I assume its called Metagronite)

Forgot to mention its release dates. Its releasing on November 21st in Japan & NA, unfortunately for EU fans a week after.