1. Tell me why you love singing. A: I am part of a family who enjoys music and it's alright to sing to the radio in the car and my parents have played musical before. We are really crazy about music, but my specialty (and maybe my brother's too) is singing. People say I have a great voice, and I always sing every day or at least hum or think of a song in my head.
2. How do you gain confidence performing in front of others? A: I pretend I have already sung and everyone loves my voice. Basically I imagine myself succeeding.
3. Do you own a microphone? A: Sadly I don't...
4. What song are you working on now (like practice)? A: "All Good Things (Come to an End)" by Nelly Furtado. It's sort of my favorite song and the one I am obsessing over with ever since I saw this song used as part of a clip show of my favorite Japanese manga.
5. Have you ever written a song? A: You bet I have! I usually think it in my mind and plan to write it down in my journal before I forget. I am thinking of creating an album.
6. Have you ever performed a solo? (Like a whole song, or even just the verse of a song?) A: Yes, in fact I have. Once in 4th grade I volunteered to sing the National Anthem and my teachers told me I should be on American Idol. Then in 5th grade my GATE class had this winter play and I had a solo verse near the beginning of the song. Nothing much happened in 6th grade, though. However, I am now in 7th grade and am keeping my own written songs in a journal.
1. Two reasons: A) I have a song in my head that I can't stop singing if I tried OR B) I am really emotional or mad about something and getting it out through song is the only way to say it without people being mad at me and I won't get in trouble for saying it.
2. I close my eyes and pretend they aren't there, and while I have my eyes closed I tell myself that I am doing great! I just relax while I am singing and melt into the song. By the time I have sung the first 3 verses, I have forgotten that anyone is there!
4. " I'm Just Your Problem" from Adventure Time
5. Yes. (Most of them are pretty cheesy though...)
1. It's my passion, how I express myself and it always makes me happy when I'm upset.
2. I guess I just do my best and hope the audience likes it.
3. Sadly, no
4. I don't really work on any songs, I really just sing along to songs when I listen to them.
5. Sort of, I've written the lyrics for one before, but I never written one again.
6. I've had 3 solo lines in a school musical that were all singing and I've played a piano solo for my church yolka before, but I never really performed a singing solo before though.
Q1-"Tell Me Why You Love Singing"
Answer:This might get lengthy xD.Music and singing has always been apart of me.I don't know,theres just something about them that I fell in love with.I've just always wanted to listen to music and sing.They also really help me calm down.If I'm angry or sad,they just lift me right back up.Even when I'm happy,I love singing along to anything I hear.Singing lets me express my emotions like no other way.It makes me feel that no matter what,I'm doing SOMETHING right.
Q2-"How do you gain confidence performig in front of others?"
Answer-I've always just had confidence about my singing.Sure,I'll get nervous,and I mean REALLY nervous,but I just tell myself that no matter what,it'll be okay
Q3-"Do you own a microphone"
Q4-"What song are you working on now?"
Answer-I don't really have a specific song.I just sing whatever I hear.But,I do have songs for chorus I'm working on.We are currently doing "Greatest Love Of All" by Whitney Houston
1. Music helps expres myself for examle: when i'm sad i sing sad songs. i've made up alot of songs.when i stand infront of people i can't look at anyone. i coose one place to look at and start to sing.
2. no i do not own a microphone
3.ummmmmm... i'm not sure i'm working on one right now,but i'm so bussy with homework i don't have time
4. yes i have written a song
5.yes, i've sang a whole song.(infront of my school it was aimbarissing i had to sing rock a bye baby)
Q#1: I love singing because it's really fun, and it's pretty much the only way I can express myself. I write my own songs, and they sort of express me in a way, both in my feelings my imagination. I love singing because I just love to do it.
Q#2: The more you perform in front of people, the easier it will be the next time you do it. Plus, the more you do it, the more you want a crowd to listen to you sing.
Q#3: Other than for a karaoke set, no, I do not
Q#4: If you mean a radio song, it's any song that I would like to sing. Songs from Pink, Fun, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, etc.
Q#5: I have written many songs. In fact, I have a song writing song book on the Making Music Message Boards, and I love it when new people come to check it out. You're welcome to, if you want to.
Q#6: Yes, and all of those times were horrifying. I have performed many Church solos, and have played the piano and sang a the same time at a talent show. The solos were easy, but the talent show was horrifying
Well Q#1.Well I can't really explain what music is to me, it's an overwelming feeling & I belive that for me, a christian song speaks to me more than a message from the preacher. I've always had a love for music & I always will. Music is my way to speak out & be diffrent, but also my way of telling people that you're not alone..ever. We all go through the same things & music connects us, just like the love of God
Q#2.Ahahahaha! Confidence..what's that? Really though I almost die everytme I have to sing, before & after!
Q#3.I do not..unless you count a plastic christmas mic that plays elf songs & makes your voice sound stupid as a microphone. Christmas party..don't ask
Q#4.Well..Unless i'm asked to sing, I really don't practice But I do have to sing coming up soon at church so i'm practicing Need you now, by Plumb
Q#5.Bits & pieces of some but never a whole song, i'm a story writer as well so...
Q#6.Yes, many times..but I really don't like to, it scares me so bad
1:It's the only thing that excepts me for me.I can express my feelings and myself
2:I don't really gain confidence.I just do it,then get into it.
3:I want to so badly!!!
4:IDK what you mean by that...
5:I have written plenty of songs
1. It helps me express my feelings
2. I make myself think I'm talking to my phone
3. Yes but it broke... so kinda
4. Party in the USA~ Miley Cyrus & Unbrella~Rihanna
5. Yes Ill put it in my next post
6. Me and my friends sung We are Never Getting Back Together
1.IT MAKES ME FEEL HAPPY
2.CLOSING MY EYES THEN OPENING THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SONG
4.WRITING MY OWN SONGS BUT STILL SINGING REAL SONGS LIKE MY KATY PERRY OR ADELE
6.YES WITH MY BFF WHICH WE ARE GONNA MAKE A BAND
1. It makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING right.
2. By doing it!
4. The Water is Wide , which I am performing for NYSSMA this year.
5. Never have, never will.
6. Tons! I've solo'd for crowds, and for music teachers.
I love singing because I feel like I can finally say all I need to say in a song
I do not own a microphone currently which stinks
I'm working on "Oh Darling" by the Beatles right now.
I have written a few songs, most about hardships and pain
and yes! I have but not in front of any people, Ive just sent a few snipbits to friends.
I love singing because it gives me a place in this world.
It helps me express my feelings when talking can't.
With out my singing, I'm just the same as everyone else, but with my singing, I'm different, I'm original, I'm me.
It's who I am. It separates me from the world, like I'm in another place.
I gain confidence when I see their smile, and when I see them tapping their feet or nodding their head. When I get an applause from anyone because of my voice, It makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, like nothing can ruin the moment. The crowd gives me my confidence.
In fact, yes, yes I do. It's fun to amplify my voice, but not too loud, or I'll get yelled at ;D
Change by Taylor Swift, It's for this talent show.
But if you mean by writing a song, I'm working on this one called 'Broken' and another one called, 'Someday'
Yes, I have. I have a song book full of them! && A lap top case full of my drawing/
ideas/ songs! Hehe.
Yep, I have performed at talent shows, sang in musicals, and just played band hero
or guitar hero. It's really awesome when you know there are people out there that
support what you do & what you love.
Don't let anyone step on your dream, It's yours to chase.
Don't let anyone stop you from smiling, after all, A smile is your best make-up.
Don't get sad if you fail, Cause that just means you still have a chance to succeed.
I love the ability to be anyone, feel anything, and just the feeling of accomplishment that comes with a completed song.
I perform a lot of songs from musical theater, so I take a few seconds ("the moment before") to really get into the character and start thinking about things from their point of view. If it's just a song with no set character, I'll make one up or make up a scenario. This helps me feel less like me and more confident and put some feeling behind my songs.
I own a studio-quality microphone.
Right now I'm working on Leaves From the Vine, The Wizard and I, Daughter of Evil and PONPONPON.