YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Music » View Thread
*NerdCat's Song Reviews* c:

Date: 05/02/14 5:55 PM

Good evening fellow message-boarders. So these Song Reviews seem to be a thing now. o_o Anyway, you know how this works: just comment songs and I'll rate them. Please keep the songs clean and nothing by Miley Cyrus. Thanks, I'll do them as soon as I can! ^u^

-NerdCat10-

106 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 08/22/14 12:43 PM

Cool Kids-Echosmith

*Elsa*

Date: 08/21/14 6:08 PM

Chandelier by Sia, requested by Bluetacos
Rating: 6.6/10
Review: I have mixed opinions on the lyrics. It's mostly stereotypical party song, only much more well-worded, and the singer seems to regret it at the end. So it's very interesting, but her vocals sound a bit like Rihanna, especially at the beginning. The background music is amazing and fits very well with the overall tune, which is very catchy.

Take My Hand by Charli XCX, requested by ls12
Rating: 4/10
Review: The lyrics are relatively typical-love-song, and not at all original. The techno at the beginning is awesome, though. Charli's vocals sound way too autotuned and, well, completely fake. Still, I'll give the song credit for the great use of techno music.

Good Riddance by Green Day, requested by lolwifi
Rating: 7.6/10
Review: The lyrics are great, but limited. The vocals are very calming, and the use of instrumentals are very well-fitting for the song. The overall tune is very relaxing, I just wish it was a bit longer.

Don't Judge Me by Chris Brown, requested by omgitzvik
Rating: 3.8/10
Review: The lyrics are just 'eh', and unoriginal. While reading them I imagined the song a lot faster, and it'd definitely sound better that way, in my opinion. The vocals are okay, and he managed the whispery-but-not-too-whispery tone of voice. The overall tune is kind of boring, though.

Human by Christina Perri, requested by bluetacos
Rating: 7/10
Review: I'm not one for slow songs, but this is awesome. The lyrics are very beautiful, and Christina's vocals are very calming. The instrumentals are good, but could've been used better in a few parts. The overall tune is very relaxing.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 08/17/14 9:20 PM

Hmm let's see...

Human by Christina Perri
Chandelier by Sia
Who You Are by Unspoken
Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia

Again, skip the ones you have already done.

-bluetacos

Date: 08/17/14 4:42 PM

Hi! Can you do:
Beauty Queen by Foxes
Let It Go For Tonight by Foxes
Run-Time by Imogen Heap
Happy Little Pill by Troye Sivan
Lock You Up by Charli XCX
Take My Hand by Charli XCX

Thanks!

-LS12

Date: 08/16/14 10:22 PM

@Bluetacos
I've done Classic already. Want to request any more?

@Elsa
Who wrote Shell Shocked? I looked it up, and found several different artists who sang it.

Healer by Kali Jobe, requested by Looloo3182
Rating: 8.5/10
Review: I love the lyrics, considering that they're Christian. The vocals sound very good at some points, but a bit too whispery in others. The instrumentals are very calming and beautiful, but if Kari improvised her vocals a bit she'd have a great gospel song, greater than it already is.

Don't Stop by 5 Seconds of Summer, requested by guppeh
Rating: 4.7/10
Review: I feel like I give the same review for every 5SOS song: bad vocals, relatively stupid lyrics, but good instrumentals and overall tune: which is exactly the case for this song. o_e Considering just about all of 5SOS's songs are about the exact same thing, it gets very, very tiring. I'm not one for the vocals, but I'll give them credit for the great use of guitar.

Vanilla Twlight by Owl City, requested by lolwifi
Rating: 8.5/10
Review: Wow. These are some impressive lyrics, they're so incredibly poetic and well-worded. I love Owl City's vocals, and the instrumentals are very soothing. Still, I wish they were a little bit faster. Amazing song overall.

Bind Your Love by Cher Lloyd, requested by omgitzvik
Rating: 6/10
Review: For Cher Lloyd, the lyrics are relatively good. Could be better, could be worse, but on account of Cher Lloyd here they're pretty nice. The music is awesome and very catchy, but I despise her vocals here. I've always thought her vocals sound too little-girlish.

Stubborn Love by The Lumineers, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 5.5/10
Review: The lyrics are okay, but I love the background music. Still, I really don't like the stop-start-stop-start tune of the song, and it doesn't flow well at all. I do like, however, the vocals, they're very country sounding. I don't even like most country vocals, which really says something. xD

-NerdCat10-
I'm so sorry for the wait. I had this typed up for nearly 3 or 4 days, but there was some glitch where I couldn't post anything. It's fixed now, so I'll go back to regularly posting reviews.

Date: 08/10/14 2:33 PM

If you have not reviewed it yet...MKTO - Classic
If you have already done it than just skip it

Date: 08/08/14 8:22 PM

@Elsa
Ah, okay. And thanks for the congratulations!

@Looloo3182
I'm going to risk sounding ignorant here, but I don't know what that is, sorry.

Black Widow by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora, requested by Elsa596
Rating: 4.6/10
Review: Firstly, I said clean songs please. I've heard it on the radio so I can still review it though. The lyrics are kind of stupid, and I hate Iggy's vocals immensely. However, Rita did amazing so I'll give the song credit for that. Her vocals are very well-fitting for the song, and I also like the background music.

Wasting All These Tears by Cassadee Pope, requested by Shieldfan3
Rating: 8/10
Review: I love the overall tune of the song, and Cassadee's vocals suit it very well. The lyrics are a bit too repetitive, but sad in a good way regardless. The instrumentals are very catchy and calming, and a great addition to the song.

Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer, requested by looloo3182
Rating: 5/10
Review: The lyrics are kind of typical breakup song, which is exactly what I'd expect from 5 Seconds of Summer. I still don't like their vocals, but I do like the instrumentals and overall tune of the song was pretty good. Still could be a lot better, but very calming.

The Ballad Of Mona Lisa by Panic at the Disco, requested by lolwifi
Review: I like this a lot. The lyrics are very poetic and seem to tell a story, and the instrumentals were love at first sight(or hearing...?). I really don't like Panic's vocals here, but the rest of the song is so good I barely even notice it.

Vacation by GRL, requested by Omgitzvik
Rating: 5.7/10
Review: I love the fact that the lyrics are very self-confident. The overall tune of the song could've been much better, because I'd picture this as a slower song in my head. I do not like the idea at all of putting EDM in here, and GRL's lyrics are too autotuned and girly-sounding. Still, the lyrics are great. More breakup songs should be like this. Only slower and a bit less party-song type.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 08/07/14 6:53 PM

4 things. 1. I have a smart TV and I'm using it to post this message! 2. Will you do Black Widow by Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora? 3. Happy 100! (If you look you will see that you go got 100 posts.) 4. Yep a doodle ding dong. TTYL!

Date: 08/05/14 10:24 PM

@Elsa

Boom Clap by Charli XCX, requested by Elsa596
Review: I love this song immensely. The lyrics are genuine love song, and Charli has very pretty vocals. I love the changes in tune for the instrumentals, especially the drum-like beats. The only downside is the relatively repetitive ending and overall shortness in the song length.

See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery, requested by Shieldfan3
Rating: 6.7/10
Review: Thr lyrics are very cute, and the instrumentals are great for a country song. I don't care for Scotty's vocals at all, though; they sound too country, if that makes any sense. I would listen to this if it was sung by someone else.

Lover of the Light by Mumford and Sons, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 5.9/10
Review: Wow. I am very impressed by the lyrics, they're very poetic. I'm not a fan of the vocals, because as mentioned above, I don't care for country-sounding singers. Mumford and Sons have pulled off this tone very well in other songs, but not in this one. The instrumentals are beautiful, but I imagined them a bit faster paced.

Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake, requested by Lightxrain
Rating: 3/10
Review: The lyrics... oh lord. They scream repeititve. From the constant repetition of the chorus(especiallly at the end. *shudders*) to the continuous lyrics overall... yikes. In addition to my negative view of the lyrics, they just sound so whiny. Justin's vocals are okay, and I love the overall beat of the song. Just please... please lessen up on the lyric repetiton.

Voodoo Doll by 5 Seconds of Summer, requested by guppeh
Rating: 4/10
Review: The lyrics are okay, but I detest 5SOS's vocals here, as I always have. They sound way too typical boy band... which is kind of exactly what they are.... but, I must give them credit for their great use of instrumentals.

-NerdCat10-
Is it me, or are the last few songs I review are always the ones I give lower ratings? O_O

Date: 08/04/14 5:42 PM

Shell Shocked - I forget who it's by.

*Elsa*

Date: 08/04/14 10:17 AM

Oh, and could you do Boom Clap by Charli XCX?

Date: 08/04/14 10:16 AM

Because I don't know any music websites to go to.

*Elsa*

Date: 08/03/14 9:14 PM

amniesia-5sos
healer-kari jobe
do u do covers too?

Date: 08/03/14 8:01 PM

Voodoo Doll - 5SOS
Heartbreak Girl - 5SOS
Don't Stop - 5SOS

Date: 08/02/14 11:21 PM

@Elsa
Oh, okay. Thanks for letting me know, but why can't you look up the ones you don't know?

Invisible by Hunter Hayes, requested by Shieldfan3
Rating: 6.8/10
Review: The lyrics to this song are amazing and very meaningful. I love them. The piano at the beginning is very relaxing, as are Hunter's vocals. Still, the tune isn't exactly my definition of catchy. Great song otherwise.

Love Love Love by Of Monsters and Men, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 8.8/10
Review: Those... instrumentals! @_@ To say they're amazing is an understatement. The lyrics are very cute and I love the singer's accent. Beautiful song overall.

People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson, requested by Lightxrain
Review: These lyrics are incredible. But so repetitive... D: I like Kelly's electro/echoey vocals at the very beginning, and normal vocals throughout the rest of the song are equally great. The tune is very catchy and pop-sounding.

Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne, requested by MBAVFan7
Rating: 4.6/10
Review: The lyrics are repetitve, but rather interesting. Avril's vocals sound too teenage girl-ish and/or autotuned. The instrumentals are okay, but would be much better if faster.

Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy, requested by lolwifi
Rating: 5/10
Review: I love the lyrics. I don't care much for Patrick's vocals, though. The chorus sounds way too sped-up, and it sounds like something on fast forward. The tune itself was awesome, though. It might just be the version I was listening to, but the ending was too abrupt. Fall Out Boy, you've done much better.

-NerdCat10-
I'm probably going to repost this once the new Nick comes up.

Date: 08/02/14 9:52 PM

Nerdcat?

Date: 07/25/14 8:47 PM

I saw you posted on my song review blog. I just reviewed Maps by Maroon5. You do know that I'll only do ones that I know, right?

*Elsa*

Date: 07/25/14 2:23 PM

@Elsa
Really? o_o I heard the original version and I didn't hear it.

This is Gospel by Panic at the Disco, requested by lolwifi
Rating: 6.7/10
Review: The lyrics are very deep and interesting, but I detest Panic at the Disco's vocals here. They sound too unnatural. I love the use of instrumentals, however.

If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback, requested by MBAVFan7
Rating: 10/10
Review: The lyrics are beyond amazing and I can't get over how extremely meaningful they are. I love Nickelback's unique vocals here, and the instrumentals are very calming. This is incredible. ;u;

Grenade by Bruno Mars, requested by omgitzvik
Rating: 7.7/10
Review: This song is so sad. ;-; This song also has very deep lyrics, and I love Bruno's vocals here. The beat of the song is very catchy, and the instrumentals are relaxing.

Say My Name by Destiny's Child, requested by Lightxrain
Rating: 5.6/10
Review: I like the lyrics here, though repetitve. I don't care for the instrumentals, and most of them were very unneeded. The vocals are pretty, though I really don't like the "yeah-yeah-yeah"s near the end.

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 7/10
Review: Well, this is an interesting use of lyrics. They're poetic, but some parts don't make much sense. The vocals are very cute and I love the singers' accents. The instrumentals are very catchy.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/21/14 3:38 PM

***** This Is Gospel By: Panic! at the disco *****
------Dance,Dance by: Fall Out Boy------
0o0o Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life) by: Green Day 0o0o
^^^^^Vanilla Twilight by: Owl City^^^^^
!!!!!!!!!! The Ballad of Mona Lisa by: Panic! at the disco !!!!!

#lOlWiFi

Date: 07/21/14 2:32 PM

How about:

If Today Was Your Last Day; Nickelback
Keep Holding On; Avril Lavigne

~K!r@
Two of my favorite songs ^-^