YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Music » View Thread
*NerdCat's Song Reviews* c:

Date: 05/02/14 5:55 PM

Good evening fellow message-boarders. So these Song Reviews seem to be a thing now. o_o Anyway, you know how this works: just comment songs and I'll rate them. Please keep the songs clean and nothing by Miley Cyrus. Thanks, I'll do them as soon as I can! ^u^

-NerdCat10-

90 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/25/14 8:47 PM

I saw you posted on my song review blog. I just reviewed Maps by Maroon5. You do know that I'll only do ones that I know, right?

*Elsa*

Date: 07/25/14 2:23 PM

@Elsa
Really? o_o I heard the original version and I didn't hear it.

This is Gospel by Panic at the Disco, requested by lolwifi
Rating: 6.7/10
Review: The lyrics are very deep and interesting, but I detest Panic at the Disco's vocals here. They sound too unnatural. I love the use of instrumentals, however.

If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback, requested by MBAVFan7
Rating: 10/10
Review: The lyrics are beyond amazing and I can't get over how extremely meaningful they are. I love Nickelback's unique vocals here, and the instrumentals are very calming. This is incredible. ;u;

Grenade by Bruno Mars, requested by omgitzvik
Rating: 7.7/10
Review: This song is so sad. ;-; This song also has very deep lyrics, and I love Bruno's vocals here. The beat of the song is very catchy, and the instrumentals are relaxing.

Say My Name by Destiny's Child, requested by Lightxrain
Rating: 5.6/10
Review: I like the lyrics here, though repetitve. I don't care for the instrumentals, and most of them were very unneeded. The vocals are pretty, though I really don't like the "yeah-yeah-yeah"s near the end.

Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 7/10
Review: Well, this is an interesting use of lyrics. They're poetic, but some parts don't make much sense. The vocals are very cute and I love the singers' accents. The instrumentals are very catchy.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/21/14 3:38 PM

***** This Is Gospel By: Panic! at the disco *****
------Dance,Dance by: Fall Out Boy------
0o0o Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life) by: Green Day 0o0o
^^^^^Vanilla Twilight by: Owl City^^^^^
!!!!!!!!!! The Ballad of Mona Lisa by: Panic! at the disco !!!!!

#lOlWiFi

Date: 07/21/14 2:32 PM

How about:

If Today Was Your Last Day; Nickelback
Keep Holding On; Avril Lavigne

~K!r@
Two of my favorite songs ^-^

Date: 07/21/14 1:42 PM

Did you know that JT said the F word in Not a Bad Thing?

Date: 07/21/14 10:08 AM

Yay, time for some long-overdue song reviews. Also, some two people requested Me and My Girls by Fifth Harmony and You and I by One Direction. I don't remember who they were, but I've done them already.

Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake, requested by omgitzvik
Rating: 3.5/10
Review: This is an okay song, but it's on the radio constantly. The lyrics are cute but relatively self-centered, but I love the instrumentals, even if they have the near-exact-same sound as other JT songs, more speficially Suit and Tie. I've never cared for Justin's vocals, and they sound especially terrifying in this song.

Break Free by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd, requested by LightxRain
Review: I love the lyrics, but the chorus is too repetitive. I also like Ariana's choice of teaming up with Zedd in this song, so they could use their brilliant use of EDM in this song. As expected of Zedd, the EDM is indeed amazing here.

English Love Affair by 5 Seconds of Summer, requested by 4evergace
Rating: 6.8/10
Review: The instrumentals are definitely best part of this song; they're amazing. I would listen to an instrumental version on this. Anyway, the lyrics are interesting, though weird at one part. I really don't care for 5SOS's vocals here, and I'd listen to this if only it was sung by another person/band. >.<

Rockin' Robin by The Jackson Five, requested by 9700cool
Rating: 2/10
Review: You said it was sung by Michael Jackson, so that was what I believed at first and was terrified upon hearing this until I realized this was written in Michael's Jackson Five days. Whew.. xD Anyway, this song fits the cute-but-too-cute category. It just doesn't have much point to it. I don't care for their vocals, either: kids singing just sounds annoying to me. Sorry.

Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da by The Beatles, requested by luvbunny9
Rating:
Review: Well, this is an interesting song. o_o The lyrics themselves are kind of cute, but the chorus is just weird. Then again, The Beatles have sung much, much weirder so I can't blame them for that.
-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/19/14 4:43 PM

THANK GOD YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 07/19/14 3:46 PM

@NerdCat10:

Welcome back!

-

LightxRain
"If you're broken, I will mend you, and I'll keep you from the storm that's raging on."
~ Lego House by Ed Sheeran

Date: 07/19/14 12:20 PM

Aaah, I'm so sorry for the wait! >.< I was visiting family for a week so I couldn't get online. Now I'm back. So sorry for the wait! As of now I'm too busy to review songs, but by tomorrow or the day after I'll do many of them. Sorry again! xD

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/16/14 11:35 AM

Nerdcat? Nerdcat? You there? NERDCAT???

Date: 07/11/14 11:59 AM

These?:
Vacation by GRL
Not a Bad Thing by Justin Timberlake
Grenade by Bruno Mars
Bind Your Love by Cher Lloyd
You & I by One Direction
Don't Judge Me by Chris Brown

Date: 07/11/14 1:09 AM

How about these:

People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson
Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake
Me & My Girls by Fifth Harmony
Say My Name by Destiny's Child
Break Free by Ariana Grande ft. Zedd

-

LightxRain
"If your broken, I will mend you, and I'll keep you from the storm that's raging on."
~ Lego House by Ed Sheeran

Date: 07/10/14 7:44 PM

Could you review English Love Affair by 5 Seconds Of Summer? ^//.//^

Date: 07/10/14 12:40 AM

Rockin' Robin by Micheal jackson

Date: 07/09/14 11:13 PM

C'Mon C'Mon by One Direction, requested by Shieldfan3
Rating: 5/10
Review: The lyrics are just like any other One Direction song. The background music is okay, but somehow 1D's vocals are better than usual in this song. The tune itself is slightly catchy.

Fall in Love by Phantogram, requested by ls12
Review: Though repetitive, the lyrics are very interesting. I love the music they used, but the vocals sound too slow for it. Speed up the vocals and this would be an amazing song.

Me and You by Laura Marano, requested by bluetacos
Rating: 2/10
Review: The lyrics are way too 'stereotypical love song'. Laura's vocals are very annoying and the 'ooh-ooh-ooh!!"s are very unneeded. Not much stood out to me at all in the music.

I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 9.6/10
Review: The instrumentals are outstanding. This has to be one of the best instrumental use I've ever heard in a song. The lyrics are very storytelling and interesting. I love the band's vocals too.

Time in Between by Francesca Battistelli, requested by looloo3182
Rating: 6.5/10
Reivew: I love the lyrics, they're very calming and Biblical. The instrumentals are very peaceful, but Francesca's vocals are okay. I wish it was faster, but cute song regardless.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/08/14 10:40 PM

@Elsa
I understand some of her earlier songs are clean, but I'm just not allowed. o_o And speaking of, if anyone wants to request a song with mild cussing that's fine, just nothing too vulgar.

Mountain Sound by Of Monsters and Men, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 7.4/10
Review: I love the lyrics. The vocals are terrifying, though, but the backup vocals are much better. The instrumentals are amazing and work very well with the song.

Does he Know by One Direction, requested by Shieldfan3
Rating: 4.5/10
Review: The lyrics are cute, but considering most of One Direction's songs are about the exact same thing it's hard to take it seriously. Once again, I really don't care for One Direction's vocals but they had a nice use of instrumentals.

It's on Again by Alicia Keys ft. Kendrick Lamar, requested by ls12
Review: Wow. The lyrics are very impressive and moving, even Kendrick's, but I still see no reason to throw a rapper in there. The song itself is fine without the rap. Alicia's vocals are very calming, and I like the background music. It could be better, but still very nicely used.

Find You by Zedd, ft. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant
Rating: 7.8/10
Review: I love the very poetic lyrics. The vocals are very lyrical, and I love how this song is technically a "slow song" and they threw some EDM in it without straying too far from "slow song category."

Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer, requested by looloo3182
Rating: 5/10
Review: The lyrics are okay, but I don't care much for the band's 'typical-boy-band' vocals. I love the guitar at the beginning, though, and well-performed instrumentals through the rest of the song.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/07/14 5:56 PM

How come you won't do Miley Cyrus? (Shoulda asked that sooner)

*Elsa*

Date: 07/06/14 9:03 PM

@Bluetacos
Nah, that's okay. I remember most of them. That's very kind of you to offer, though, so thanks! c:

@Looloo3182
I've done Fancy and Ain't it Fun already.

Little Things by One Direction, requested by looloo3182
Rating: 5.6/10
Review: Wow, this isn't bad for One Direction. The lyrics are very meaningful and cute. I do not like the vocals at all, though, and the tune is not exactly my definiton of catchy. Still a sweet song, though.

Pompeii by Bastille, requested by Race50
Rating: 8/10
Review: Very nice, Bastille. The lyrics are great, and I love how they based this song upon the original Pompeii. Great vocals too, and they made a great choice with the "eh-oh-eh-oh" in the chorus.

It's Time by Imagine Dragons, requested by luvbunny9
Rating: 7.7/10
Review: The lyrics are quite interesting, and I love the clapping and instrumentals at the beginning. As always, I love Dan's vocals but I think the backup vocals were kind of irrelevant. Overall, very catchy song.

Caramell by Caramell Dansen, requested by bluetacos
Rating: (I'm not quite sure what to rate this one, honestly... o_o)
Review: O_O Well this song is certainly... unlike anything I've heard before. xD The vocals are beyond terrifying and the lyrics are very repetitve, but the dance music is very annoyingly catchy. xD All I can say is this song is like Spongebob's laugh; it's terrifying and annoying but still adorable.

Everything is Embarrassing by Sky Ferreira, requested by ls12
Rating: 4/10
Review: The lyrics are okay and I kind of like the music, but I really don't like Sky's vocals here. They would sound pretty in their echo-y manner in any other song, but she they don't sound good at all in this song.

-NerdCat10-

Date: 07/05/14 10:45 PM

ain't it fun-paramoree
heartbreak girl-5 seconds of summer
time in between-Francesca battistelli
fancy-iggy azalea
little things-one direction

Date: 07/05/14 9:50 PM

Hi NerdCat, I see that you have to go back and forth to see if you've already reviewed a song.

Could I suggest writing down all of the songs you've reviewed? It could be a lot easier, it's what I do.

-bluetacos