YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Music » View Thread
Aris's Song Reviews

Date: 06/22/14 7:38 PM

Well, I think I'll put a sample review!
Song: The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy
Rating: 9/10
Review: I personally like the edgy sound that Patrick sings with, and how sweet the instrumentals are. The lyrics are so meaningful, and have awesome devices (English-wise). It's a good song overall, but could use a little more instrumental-ness.
Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed, and please request some songs! I'm open to anything, just no Miley Cyrus please, and keep the songs relatively clean. Otherwise, request whatever!
Aris
"We're fading fast, I miss missing you now and then." -Miss Missing You
   18 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 07/20/14 11:01 AM

Dance,Dance Fall Out Boy
Lego House Ed Sheeran
Hitchin' a Ride Green Day
Good Riddance(Time Of Your Life) Green Day
The Ballard of Mona Lisa Panic! At The Disco

Date: 07/18/14 9:51 PM

{Hey y'all, I'm still Aris, just different numbers!}
Song: Monster by Imagine Dragons (Requested by NerdCat)
Rating: 6/10
Review: I am a huge fan of Imagine Dragons (normally), though this is a very repetitive song. It has a very good meaning, and the instrumentals (though continuous) are pretty good. Decent song overall.
Song: Tyrant by One Republic (Requested by luvbunny9)
Rating: 8/10
Review: I really like his vocals, as well as the introduction with the piano. This song could be classified as meaningless, but it has a deeper root and meaning. Great lyrics, great song overall.
Song: Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men (Requested by SnowyOwl10)
Rating: 5/10
Review: This is an okay song... It's a bit random, and easily confusing as it switches point of views between girl and guy. The instrumentals are very nice, especially the trumpet (I'm a band geek, sorry), and I could listen to the background forever. Maybe not the full song, but it's okay.
Aris
"Well, what the heck do they think they know? My head's above the water while they drown in the undertow." -All I Want

Date: 07/16/14 2:47 PM

Song: White Teeth Teens by Lorde (Requested by SnowyOwl10)
Rating: 6/10
Review: I suppose that Lorde is still playing off her "royalty", as it would appear. This is a simple song in instrumentals, but her vocals make up for it. She is very good for her age, though a little rough. Sometimes the harmonies are a little distorted. It's a decent song overall.
Song: Come Together by Echosmith (Requested by luvbunny9)
Rating: 7/10
Review: I'm a fan of Echosmith, and this is a good song. I love the simple bass/drum combo during the verses (I'm a bassist), and the added male vocals are a bonus during the pre-chorus. It's a little flat at some points and kinda repetitive, but a nice blend of alt. rock and obscure ideas. (Also the video is kinda Breakfast Club-esque. Very nice) Good song overall.
I'll do more later!
Aris
"Well, what the heck do they think they know? My head's above the water while they drown in the undertow..." -All I Want

Date: 07/16/14 10:33 AM

How about these?:
White Teeth Teens by Lorde
Royals by Lorde
Little Talks by Of Monsters And Men
On Top Of The World by Imagine Dragons
You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
-Snow-

Date: 07/14/14 11:00 PM

@luvbunny9
Thanks so much!
Song: Problem by Ariana Grande (Request by omgitzvik)
Review: This is normally a genre I wouldn't listen to, though it is a pretty good song. Ariana has a FABULOUS range, which is really impressive for a pop singer. The lyrics are, meh, but I understand where she's coming from. Iggy Azalea isn't my favorite either, but okay. Kinda random rapping, but it sorta fit. The synthesized saxophone is a nice touch. Overall, pretty good song.
Song: Cool Kids by Echosmith (requested by luvbunny9)
Rating: 8.5/10
Review: This is actually a really insightful song about the world, and her vocals are decent. The instrumentals are very nice and a good interlude near the end.
Thanks!
Aris
"Well, what the heck do they think they know? My head's above the water while they drown in the undertow..." -All I Want

Date: 07/13/14 9:28 PM

Cool Kids- Echosmith

Come Together- Echosmith

Tyrant- OneRepublic

Burning Gold- Christina Perri

Remedy(I Won't Worry)- Jason Mraz

Well, that's it! I'm excited to see what you think! You seem like a really good, unbiased reviewer. Keep it up!

~We've all got both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on, that's who we really are. - Sirius Black~

Date: 07/13/14 6:54 PM

Problem by Ariana Grande?

Date: 07/13/14 1:57 PM

@NerdCat
No limit!
Song: Raging Fire by Phillip Phillips (Requested by NerdCat)
Rating: 9.5/10
Review: This is a great song, Phillips has a great sound! (Also, this song sounds fantastic live when you're with your best friends in DC on the 4th of July watching him perform!) This has great instrumentals, and amazing lyrics!
Request more!
Aris

Date: 07/07/14 5:47 PM

@Nerdcat

Correction: You did NOT reveiw any of the songs you requested. Until now. (DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!)

Date: 07/06/14 8:58 PM

Song: Roar by Katy Perry (Requested by Katfire4)
Review: I'm not normally a huge fan of Katy's stuff, but this is a very nice song. It's an easy song for her range (or anyone elses for that matter), and the lyrics are pretty poetic for a secular song. Very meaningful. Overall, it's a good song!
Song: New Year's Day by Black Veil Brides (requested by Nerdcat)
Rating: (this is one of my favorite bands, but as a non-biased review, I'll give it a fair rating) 7.5/10
Review: It takes alot of talent to play metal or rock like this on any instrument. The lyrics are pretty deep, and screamo takes more talent than you realize. Maybe. Overall, it's a great song, but could be better.
Aris

Date: 06/29/14 10:02 AM

@Nerdcat

1st, call me Elsa. 2nd, I know you reviewed Counting Stars. I really like that song too but I know you reviewed that one. I'm not sure about the other ones but I'll check.

Date: 06/26/14 4:43 PM

Can you do Roar by Katy Perry?

Date: 06/26/14 11:35 AM

@Elsa596

Actually, I don't remember reviewing any of the songs I requested for Aris. Those are just my personal favorites. I think we're misunderstood.

@Aris
Glad you liked Counting Stars. Is there a limit on how many times I can post requests?

-NerdCat10-

Date: 06/23/14 9:54 PM

Nerdcat, you do know that you have done those songs on your song review blog, right?

Date: 06/23/14 5:56 PM

Song: Counting Stars by One Republic (requested by Nerdcat)
Rating: 8/10
Review: This is a phenomenal song, with great lyrics and sick instrumentals. He had an edgier voice for alt. rock, which is surprising, but pretty awesome. Overall, it's a good song, but there were a few times when it seemed scattered.

Date: 06/23/14 11:02 AM

Who we Are- Imagine Dragons
Monster- Imagine Dragons
Maps- Maroon 5
Love me Again- John Newman
Counting Stars- OneRepublic
New Year's Day- Black Veil Brides
Raging Fire- Phillip Phillips

Can you do those once you have time? Thanks in advance!
-NerdCat10-