YOU ARE HERE » Message Boards » Music » View Thread
Song Reviews by LS12!

Date: 07/30/14 8:19 PM

Hey guys! I'm back. The website changed and I'm back from vacation! You guys can give me requests!

Just some rules before you do!
1)No metal or rap and don't give me a lot of country.
2)Don't rush me please!
3)Don't get mad if I give your favorite song a bad review. I don't have to like everything.

-LS12
If you want, you can ask me to review songs on MSP (I'm xxLittleDanosaurxx there)

43 Messages Sort By
Show Topics
Date: 09/21/14 3:57 PM

That's What She Said by The Janoskians
Summer Love Song by Brooke Hyland

Date: 09/20/14 4:42 PM

Boom Clap by Charli XCX
out of (4.4 out of 5)
This is probably my favorite song that came out this entire summer! Her voice sounds so natural, which is very different than most of her older songs. Nice to see she isn't overusing autotune anymore. The lyrics are very sweet and unique. I'm not sure how well it relates to The Fault in Our Stars but it's a great love song.
Love Runs Out by One Republic
1/2 out (4.5 out of 5)
Wow! This is amazing! It's another amazing track from Native. Ryan's vocals were top notch, like always. He has a great tone and he did a great job vocalizing at the ending. The beat and production is very unique. If you didn't stomp or dance along while listening to this, I can't believe you. It's very soulful and retro. The lyrics are amazing. I would have thought it was a love song but it's not. Overall: It's amazing.

-LS12

Date: 09/17/14 3:03 PM

Could you do:

Shine - Laura Marano

Hey Alice - Rachel Macwhirter

With Me Now - Rachel Macwhirter

I'm Finally Me - Laura Marano
~C

Date: 09/16/14 7:49 PM

Could you do Boom Clap by Charli XCX?

Date: 09/14/14 3:16 PM

plesse do fireproof by 1d

Date: 08/24/14 9:05 PM

Muppets Most Wanted- I'm Number One
Muppets Most Wanted- Sequel
Muppets Most Wanted- Big House
Bang Bang- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaji, Jessie J
Best Mistake- Ariana Grande

Date: 08/23/14 8:40 PM

She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer
out of (3.2 out of 5)
Meh. I love how it's very punkish. Clearly, they're inspired by early pop punk bands. The lyrics were not interesting at all. They were very cliche and nonsensical. Their vocals were okay. Michael sounded fantastic (even though he only had one verse ;-;).
Best Day of My Life by American Authors
out of (4.4 out of 5)
This is was a pretty unique song on the charts for a while. It's an indie rock song and you barely see that very high on Billboard's Hot 100. The lyrics were very creative and tell an interesting story. The vocals were good. It's very distinctive. I love the instrumental. It's really unique.

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 8:29 PM

Forget Forever by Selena Gomez
out of (2.2 out of 5)
This is too teenish. The lyrics were very immature. Of course, her vocals were purely autotune and sounds very robotic. The production wasn't that good. It sounds too much like something a new Disney Channel star would make (yes, I know Selena was one but when she made this, she was long gone from Disney).

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 8:25 PM

Love Will Remember by Selena Gomez
1/2 out of (1.5 out of 5)
Eh. Her vocals were very cringey. She's trying to hit a lot of notes her range won't allow, especially during the chorus and the first verse. The lyrics were sappy. Clearly, she's talking about her and Justin's off and on relationship. The production is very messy. The piano mixed with the dance beat is not a good combination at all.
Undercover by Selena Gomez
1/2 out of (3.5 out of 5)
Her vocals were covered with autotune. You can tell when she's hitting the high notes and the "oh" and "yeah" hooks were pure autotune. The instrumental is very early 2000s club music and danceable. Great synth usage in it. The lyrics were not interesting though. I don't know what she's talking about at all.

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 8:18 PM

21 Guns by Green Day
out of (5 out of 5)
This is just perfect. The message of the song is amazing. It's very patriotic and it's an amazing power ballad. The lead's voice is perfect. He has an impressive range and such a mellow tone. The chorus' hook and the guitar solo were just amazing. I would mention the string version of this song is also just as lovely as the original.

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 8:13 PM

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
out of (4.3 out of 5)
Her voice gives me goosebumps. It's so beautiful and very calming. I'm not fond of the fact this is from Twilight *cringes* but it's lovely. The lyrics are a bit sappy (not a shocker) but aren't so bad. The waltz tempo was a lovely effect and makes it a perfect wedding song. Her voice was the highlight of this though. It has such a nice tone in this and her high note was lovely.

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 8:07 PM

You and I by One Direction
This is okay. The lyrics aren't that bad. It's really generic but it's very mature, especially for a group like 1D. The key changes was a very nice touch to it and the mood of the song was very elegant. The boys did a very good job in this. Harry was amazing during the chorus and Zayn's high note was spot-on.
Let It Go by Idina Menzel
out of (4.4 out of 5)
Frozen.. I still have mixed feelings on this movie, tbh. The song is quite lovely. The lyrics are very motivating and describe Elsa very well. Its instrumental's pretty. I wish it was mostly string and the piano was only used during the chorus. Idina's vocals were spectacular. Not as amazing as she was in Defying Gravity but it was still very good. The only problem I have with this is that it's extremely overrated.

-LS12

Date: 08/23/14 7:52 PM

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift
out of (1.2 out of 5)
I really didn't like this at all. No, it's not because I don't like Taylor. I prefer when she made country music. The instrumental is extreme;The lyrics are extremely immature. It seems like a teenager wrote them. Her vocals are okay. Overall: Miss Taylor, please stay with your country roots.

-LS12
I did this review before but it didn't publish ;-;

Date: 08/23/14 10:50 AM

Welcome back! You're still my favorite song reviewer on here. Here are a couple requests:

-Human by Christina Perri
-Little Talks by Of Monsters And Men
-Love Runs Out by OneRepublic
-Best Day Of My Life by American Authors
-She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds Of Summer (Guilty pleasure)

Rainbow

Date: 08/22/14 6:18 PM

Glad your back!!
Love will remember- Selena Gomez
Shake it Off- Taylor Swift (It's stuck in my head lol)
Undercover- Selena Gomez
Forget Forever- Selena Gomez
Thank you ls12 (aka my favorite song reviewer!!)

Date: 08/22/14 2:25 PM

I Write Sins, Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco
out of (4.9 out of 5)
EEEEP! You don't how big my smile was when I saw this being requested! It's one of my favorite. The lyrics are extremely fun and interesting. It tells a story and the video goes great with it. Brendon sounds FANTASTIC (like always)! The instrumental's amazing too! Overall: It's a classic.

-LS12

Date: 08/22/14 2:00 PM

Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer
out of (3.3 out of 5)
The lyrics are generic. It's like any other break up song. Their vocals didn't amaze me so much. Maybe when they perform it live, they would be more emotional but in the recording, Cal and Luke sound like robots. Overall: The mood of the song is really calming but it could have been done a lot better.
The Only Reason by 5 Seconds of Summer
out of (4.2 out of 5)
I have mixed feelings on this. It's a little too slow, I think. The lyrics were okay, a little generic and sappy but I've heard way worse. Their vocals were very good.Overall: If the lyrics were less repetitive and it was at a faster tempo, I'd enjoy it a lot more.

-LS12

Date: 08/22/14 1:51 PM

Don't Stop by 5 Seconds of Summer
I love 5sos and all but I wouldn't say this is their best song so far. The lyrics remind me a lot of One Direction, sorry. It's too immature. The video was amazing. Also, their vocals are really good, especially Luke's. Overall, it's a good summer song for tweens.
If You Don't Know by 5 Seconds of Summer
out of (4.8 out of 5)
This is one of my favorite songs! Luke sounded fantastic here. His voice had a great tone! It was very calming. The lyrics weren't amazing but they were a lot more mature than most of their other songs. Ash did an amazing job too. Overall: It's just perfect.

-LS12

Date: 08/21/14 11:22 PM

21 Guns by Green Day
Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day
I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco

Date: 08/21/14 6:06 PM

plz rate shake it off by taylor swift.