"Nick Worldwide Day of Play" contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Odds Of Winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. You must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission prior to entering. Many will enter, few will win.
Void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
1) Eligibility: The Nick Worldwide Day of Play contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are between the ages of seven (7) and twelve (12) as of the date of entry. Children of employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of the Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (hereafter, "Sponsor"), By Kids For Kids Co. (hereafter, “Administrator”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (hereafter collectively, "Released Parties"), and any such individual's immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. By participating, you agree (and your parent/legal guardian agrees) to these Official Rules and all the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2) Contest Period: Contest begins 12:00:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time ("ET") on June 30, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 pm ET on July 27, 2014 (hereafter, "Contest Period"). Contest Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
3) How to Participate: Get your Parent’s permission prior to entering. Then visit nick.com/wwdop-contest (the “Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the instructions provided in order to have your parent complete and submit the online entry form with all information requested. When you access the website, your parent will be asked to select a username and a password. (The username and password will not be associated with any personal information of an entrant under 13.) Your parent will also be asked to enter your parent’s/legal guardian’s email address when you sign up. We will send an email to your parent/legal guardian notifying him/her that you have signed up with the website and they will have the option to opt you out of the website at their discretion, in which case you will no longer be allowed to enter the Contest. Your parent/legal guardian will be asked to complete your contact information including full name, address, email address and phone number. When you have selected the username and password you will be assigned an account. You may proceed to your assigned Entry Workspace and you can develop your Contest entry and potential submission.
When you enter the Contest you will be asked to answer three (3) questions ONLY ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED. Your entry must be submitted and approved by a parent/guardian by 11:59:59pm ET on 7/27/14.
4) Contest Online Entry Workspace: By following the instructions on the Website you will be able to store the entry you are working on (for example: the answer to one of the questions), access that entry, change, alter and modify it to refine at any time or times until you are ready to submit your entry. By having and using a Workspace, however, you are under no obligation to submit your entry into the Contest. Until you click “submit” on your submission, a) Administrator will have no access to your Workspace or the work in your account, and b) you can remove your work at any time prior to submission.
5) About Usernames/Passwords/Accounts: When you access the Website to work in your account or to participate in the Contest, you must log in using your username and password. If at any time you forget your username or password, you may gain access to your username and password by following the on-screen instructions and your username or password will be shown to you on screen. You are solely responsible for the security of your username and password. You should take precautions to keep your username and password private to prevent unauthorized use. Neither Sponsor, nor Administrator, nor any other person or entity will be responsible for any losses, damages or consequences you may suffer due to careless or unauthorized use of a username and password.
6) The Contest Entry: An entry must include a description of what you like to do when you play and why the Nick Worldwide Day of Play should come to your town. The Entry must:
a) Answer all of the questions in the online entry form; and
b) Be under 500 words per answer.
The Entry cannot:
a) Include entry materials or use of the site that are considered inappropriate in any way (as determined by Administrator or Sponsor, in Administrator’s or Sponsor’s sole opinion)
• MUST be your original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Submissions MUST NOT copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
• MUST NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) in Sponsor or Administrator's sole discretion, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, explicit, obscene, inappropriate, or violent.
• MUST NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, entry submissions must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor.
• MUST NOT include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to books, articles, photographs, artwork, music, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property. Entry submissions must not include commercial music.
• MUST NOT include third parties, including but not limited to minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness in any submitted application or otherwise use such images or likenesses in accordance with these Official Rules. Entrant must be prepared to provide signed third party authorizations upon request.
7) Creating the Contest Entry: Your entry must be submitted through the online entry form at www.nick.com/wwdop-contest. Your entry materials must fully address and respond to the official Contest entry questions found in the online entry form; and your completed responses to the questions must include a written description of why the Worldwide Day of Play should come to your town. All entries must be in English. While you can include any information you wish in the description, ALL questions must be answered and typed in the online entry form. There is a limit of 500 words per answer to each question.
8) Entry Submissions: When you have completed your Entry, and are satisfied that it answers all questions fully, should you choose to include one, click on the “submit” button. Prior to your entry being submitted your parent/legal guardian will need to agree to these official rules by clicking the appropriate button. Once that is done your entry will be submitted. While you can change, alter or modify your Entry before it is submitted (while it is in your Workspace in edit mode), once an entry is submitted it cannot be changed, altered or modified for any reason and in any way, whatsoever. You may keep a ‘read only’ copy of your entry, which has been locked, in your Workspace for archival purposes. By submitting an Entry you (and your parent/legal guardian) warrant and represent, to the best of your knowledge, that the entry, and your submission thereof to the Contest, (1) that the entry is your own sole and original idea, (2) that the entry does not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material.
Entries must be received and recorded by the Administrator’s Contest computer by July 27, 11:59:59 pm (ET).
9) Judging: There will be Two (2) rounds/phases of judging:
Round/Phase 1: The Judges will judge all Submissions based on the following items (the “Judging Criteria”): (i) Persuasiveness of the entry (40%); (ii) Creativity of the entry (30%), and (iii) Quality of the answers (30%). All entries will be judged by two (2) qualified judges appointed by the Administrator. The Judges will select the ten (10) finalists (“Finalists”) from among all Submissions received during the Contest Period (provided there are at least ten qualified entries) who will advance to Round 2.
Round/Phase 2: Judging for this round will be a final judging panel of 5 to 7 Judges appointed by the Sponsor to determine the potential winners, one (1) Grand Prize Winner and three (3) Runners Up. The potential winners ranked second, third and fourth will each receive a Runner-Up prize and the potential winner ranked first will receive the grand prize, subject to compliance with these Official Rules.
The potential winners as decided in Round/Phase 2 of the judging as outlined above (and winner’s parent or legal guardian) will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release, within the time stated on the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if the documents are returned as non-deliverable, or if semifinalist is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules the winner and the winner’s entry will be disqualified, and all rights to the winner’s prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
10) Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Grand Prize (1 Individual): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive recognition at the Worldwide Day of Play in the Grand Prize Winner’s town September 3 – 6, 2014 (details to be determined by Sponsor) and a Nickelodeon Prize Pack, the contents to be determined solely by Sponsor (ARV of the Prize Pack: $50; ARV of recognition at the Nick Worldwide Day of Play: Priceless).
Runner-Up Prizes (3 Individuals): Three (3) Runner-Up Winners will receive a Nickelodeon Prize Pack, the contents to be determined solely by Sponsor (ARV $50). Total ARV of all Prizes available: $200.
Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize, or a portion of prize with a prize, or portion or prize of equal or greater value if such prize or portion becomes unavailable. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of winner.
By submitting an entry in the Contest, you agree to: (i) abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Contest which decisions are final and binding in all respects; (ii) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules; (iii) grant Sponsor and Administrator (where permitted by law) the right to use your name, address (city and state only), and biographical information on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity and for advertising or promotional purposes without review or further compensation; and, (iv) warrant and represent that the use of the materials submitted in this Contest will not violate the rights of any third parties. Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor’s positive image, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion. Any materials containing obscenity, crude language, or descriptions of a violent or sexual nature (as defined solely by Sponsor or Administrator) will not be accepted and the associated entry will be disqualified. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Grand Prize contained in this Contest will be solely the responsibility of the Winner. Receipt of any of the prize components of this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations. Noncompliance with any of the above will result in disqualification.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sweepstake Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Contest and conduct a random drawing and select the Winners from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. In the event a Potential Winner or Official Winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, such Potential Winner or Official Winner and all rights to any Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate Potential Winner, if time permits.
11) Winner Notification: The parent or legal guardian of each potential winning entrant will be notified, on or about 8/10/14, by Administrator via telephone and/or overnight mail and/or mail and/or email and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release, by the specified date on forms. Non-compliance with the foregoing or such parent/legal guardian's failure to comply with the verification process and/or eligibility requirements, return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of Administrator to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, the applicable potential winning minor entrant may be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion and time permitting, awarding of prize and winner status to a runner-up.
12) General Conditions: By participating in the Contest, you (and your parents/legal guardian) agree to the Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Winners will be notified by phone, mail or email.
Participants (and participant’s parent/legal guardian) hereby: (1) grant to Administrator and Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual license to receive, reproduce, distribute, display and otherwise process submitted data, materials and information, and to evaluate same, both in connection with the Contest and outside of the Contest, and (2) agree (a) that Administrator, and Sponsor their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, trustees, employees, representatives, advisors and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants (and a participant’s parent/legal guardian) against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind to person(s), including death, or property, or for breach or failure of any representation, warranty or obligation, or for infringement of rights of intellectual property, publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest related activities, and (b) except where legally prohibited, winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian) grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Administrator and Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of the winner’s name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, and entry (or any part thereof) at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, and (c) winner (and winner’s parent/legal guardian) agree that the winner shall appear at any times and at any places deemed reasonably necessary by Administrator or Sponsor to advertise, promote, or otherwise market the winner’s idea (it being understood that any such appearance will be on reasonable notice to the winner, that winner will be excused from such appearance should he/she have a prior commitment which cannot be delayed, and reasonable expenses as determined by Sponsor for any such appearance will be borne by Sponsor).
13) Liability Limitations: Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered entries; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, store, or loss of, any such information. Entrants are expected to, and shall, retain copies of all portions of their entries, and shall not rely on Administrator to retain same. Administrator shall not be responsible for lost or corrupted submission materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading or printing materials of any kind from, or for, this Contest, or use of the website. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Administrator’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Administrator, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct, or submission of entries, Administrator or Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select the winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Administrator or Sponsor. Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use to this website. In case of dispute, the authorized website registrant whose email address and date of birth is used to enter the Contest at the actual time of the submission of an entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
14.) IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTEST, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTEST, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE CONTEST SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor or Administrator find to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15) Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants (and entrants parent/legal guardian) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner(s), shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Administrator in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. If permitted by law, and the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, entrants (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian) agree, all proceedings commenced hereunder, the details, transcripts, testimony and all particulars of all such proceedings, and the results of all such proceedings, for example but not limited to findings of fact and/or law, and awards, (all as however characterized), shall be kept and maintained as confidential by all of the parties (and their counsel or representative(s)) to any proceeding, and shall not be disclosed, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to any third party.
17) Winner List: For the name of winners mail a first class self-addressed stamped envelope to: BKFK, ATTN: Nick WWDoP Contest; 1177 High Ridge Rd; Stamford, CT 06905 for receipt by August 10, 2014 Name of winners may also be posted on the nick.com/wwdop-contest website.
18) Administrator: The By Kids For Kids Company, 1177 High Ridge Road, Stamford, CT 06905 USA
19) Sponsor: Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc., 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036